***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***

upgotheheads

37 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

It's a bit sloppy if they're planning to do a PPV but there's no info on the PPV or Club website the day before the game. You'd think they'd want to advertise and encourage folk to purchase, or at least put a holding message up. Looks a bit unprofessional logging on to an empty landing page. Guess I'll just need to make other plans for tomorrow night as it doesn't look like they're planning PPV.

Anyway, hopefully the last game was a blip and we'll see the squad reacting to the wake up call. 3-1 with Boyce and Wighton on the scoresheet.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/how-to-watch-hearts-v-alloa

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Friday could easily have finished 4-4.  Hearts played poorly but wasted several great chances while Dunfermline could have added to their two as we were chasing game.  

Haven't read much on here about Dunfermline game , for obvious reasons . Don't know if much [any] credit has been given to Dunfermline ? I, like many , wasn't happy with Lee/Halliday . Certainly didn't work in this game but I thought Dunfermline were outstanding

They were in our faces from the first minute and made it incredibly difficult for us to play . Yes we should still be able to beat teams doing this but when they stick to their job the way Dunfermline did it won't always happen

13 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

😄 I'll let them off. Must've literally been getting ready to post it when I was looking. Guess I'll need to cancel my plans for a big night oot now 😂

👍😎

Jack Torrance
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

👍😎

The login page isn't working despite trying various browsers. I'll try again later. Cheers for the update Dave

Edited by Jack Torrance

41 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

The login page isn't working despite trying various browsers. I'll try again later. Cheers for the update Dave

Not working for me as well.

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Haven't read much on here about Dunfermline game , for obvious reasons . Don't know if much [any] credit has been given to Dunfermline ? I, like many , wasn't happy with Lee/Halliday . Certainly didn't work in this game but I thought Dunfermline were outstanding

They were in our faces from the first minute and made it incredibly difficult for us to play . Yes we should still be able to beat teams doing this but when they stick to their job the way Dunfermline did it won't always happen

Stevie Crawford got his tactics spot on.  They played to get in our faces from the off and we just didn't respond well enough.  They are a decent looking team with some good players, certainly look like they can maintain a challenge.  We can pick holes all over our team on Friday but I agree sometimes you have to applaud the opposition.  It would be arrogant not to.

Given that Ginelly is out, my team for tomorrow night would be as follows:

Gordon

Smith

Kingsley

Berra

Halkett

Irving

Haring/Halliday

Roberts

Naismith

Henderson

Boyce

49 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

Anyone know how much the PPV option is?

I also can't log in - really poor.

Can't get in either. 

The price for the Inverness league was £18.50, so guessing it will be the same. 

It's Alloa at home and we are coming off the back of a defeat so with that in mind would like to see us change things up and go more attacking. I'd like to see us start with both Boyce and Wighton up front and try 3 at the back again.

Not been impressed with Roberts or Frear up to now and we badly need more pace in the team so i would give either Moore or Henderson a shot at right wing back.

Gordon

Smith  Halkett  Popescu

Moore                                Kingsley

Haring Irving

Walker

Wighton   Boyce

Jack Torrance
44 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Can't get in either. 

I dropped them an email and they've sorted the PPV site; same price as before.

3 minutes ago, connlach said:

Sure everyone knows this but just because I only noticed - Kick off is 7 pm

I didn’t know that. 🤔

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Given that Ginelly is out, my team for tomorrow night would be as follows:

Gordon

Smith

Kingsley

Berra

Halkett

Irving

Haring/Halliday

Roberts

Naismith

Henderson

Boyce

Ditto .... chance for players to make it up to fans and hopefully Roberts and Henderson to shine.  I’m going 5-0.

5 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

It's a bit sloppy if they're planning to do a PPV but there's no info on the PPV or Club website the day before the game. You'd think they'd want to advertise and encourage folk to purchase, or at least put a holding message up. Looks a bit unprofessional logging on to an empty landing page. Guess I'll just need to make other plans for tomorrow night as it doesn't look like they're planning PPV.

Anyway, hopefully the last game was a blip and we'll see the squad reacting to the wake up call. 3-1 with Boyce and Wighton on the scoresheet.

Its open now if that's any help Jack:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I didn’t know that. 🤔

Glad I could help someone else who may have missed the first half like me!

18 minutes ago, connlach said:

Cheers as I didn’t know 

Jack Torrance
8 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Its open now if that's any help Jack:thumbsup:

Cheers fella. I emailed them and they sorted it fairly swiftly. Quite looking forward to it. Hopefully get a reaction from the players.

27 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

I dropped them an email and they've sorted the PPV site; same price as before.

Yeah can get into it now. 

Cheers JT 👍

1 minute ago, Jack Torrance said:

Cheers fella. I emailed them and they sorted it fairly swiftly. Quite looking forward to it. Hopefully get a reaction from the players.

👍

Hope we score a barrowload.

£18.50 to watch Alloa in your house. 

ah well.... stream purchased. I expect goals galore. £2 a goal will suffice. 

1 hour ago, connlach said:

Hadn't noticed either. Finish the game by half-time and I can watch the bake off final! 4-0 Hearts, I have quite a hatred of their Chairman Mike Mulraney.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, connlach said:

Good catch, got as ask why tho.. 

Pain in the arse. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good catch, got as ask why tho.. 

Pain in the arse. 

Alloa players working tomorrow. 

Borders Jambo
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Can't get in either. 

Thanks

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Alloa players working tomorrow. 

Surely it should be later then, give me a chance for bit dinner....

2 hours ago, connlach said:

Hadn't realised either - maybe worth putting in the thread title.

Just checked and Hibs are kicking off at 7 tomorrow also.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***
1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Hadn't realised either - maybe worth putting in the thread title.

Just checked and Hibs are kicking off at 7 tomorrow also.

I see it's been updated now. Glad I mentioned it. I thought i was being thick 🙈

Probably gonna be another borefest after Friday nights poor performance.

The media, pundits, etc,. say we've the biggest and best squad out of the league, "good on paper" they all said that about us last season, we all no what happened there, I'm hoping Robbie can turn this bunch into a team that's gonna give their all for OUR club, it's what we, the fans, deserve.

Hearts 3-0 plus would help, but could well be another scraped 1-0 win.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, rmreido said:

Probably gonna be another borefest after Friday nights poor performance.

The media, pundits, etc,. say we've the biggest and best squad out of the league, "good on paper" they all said that about us last season, we all no what happened there, I'm hoping Robbie can turn this bunch into a team that's gonna give their all for OUR club, it's what we, the fans, deserve.

Hearts 3-0 plus would help, but could well be another scraped 1-0 win.

So you think we'll win our 9th game from 10 either way. 

Can't wait for kick off.

Robbie will have ripped the team a new one after Pars result and we will come out the traps flying.

2 or 3 nil.

Will be harder at the weekend at the indodrill stadium on that pitch.

On 21/11/2020 at 10:58, upgotheheads said:

Apologies for starting this while we're still digesting last night's 'performance'. But I think we need to talk.

I'm hoping for quite a few changes. Hearts really do need to send out a wake-up call to some who think they will be first picks.

Berra for Popescu.  Berra has his weaknesses but Popescu needs to take stock.

Irving for Halliday, because he's a better player.

Henderson for Frear, we need to give Henderson a proper chance.

Whiting as striker for Boyce, until Boyce starts to realise that this league is not beneath him.

Naismith, think he must start without Boyce, because together they get billy big-baws syndrome.

Haring to start at all costs, and just keep our fingers crossed.

Moore on the bench along with Walker. just so that Walker realises what his true level is.

Ginnelly to start, or we need to know if he's not just an expensive liability.

I’m obviously a few days behind on this thread but I agree with a lot of your points. 

Normally I’d agree to these measures after a run of poor to average, sloppy performances and not one game,but maybe a short sharp shock is needed for one or two after Friday’s show? 

Just now, davemclaren said:

£18.50

Wtf. How can we charge that for a 2nd tier game with amateur quality production. I'd grudge paying that to actually be inside Tynecastle nowadays.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Wtf. How can we charge that for a 2nd tier game with amateur quality production. I'd grudge paying that to actually be inside Tynecastle nowadays.

Because thousands of season ticket holders paid the same or more per match so the price had to reflect that generous commitment. You must have missed the threads covering all this?

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Because thousands of season ticket holders paid the same or more per match so the price had to reflect that generous commitment. You must have missed the threads covering all this?

Yeah, like the Hearts strikers infront of goal I am no longer prolific when it comes to being on here.

That is actually fair enough tbh, I get that.

Edited by i8hibsh

On 21/11/2020 at 11:54, S Form said:

What’s with all this demand for Berra? He was truly piss poor against East Fife and constantly reverted to the old hoof up the park. He’s not an improvement on Halkett or Popescu and change for change sake is a daft route to go down.

Warning!

Sense alert!

• davemclaren locked this topic