***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***

upgotheheads

Psychedelicropcircle

Hopefully the frustrations of Friday will be played out against this lot who’s chairman got vocal about no OF fans in October...another one of Lawell’s bitches.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

So no doubt he will be out for about a month then 😁

Back on Tuesday, apparently. 😎

7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

This Hearts team contains three current international players, as well as others who have been in international squads at various age groups. The fact that we are talking about needing to improve things in relation to a game against bottom of the Championship Alloa tells you there is something wrong.

The performances thus far - large sections of the Dundee game apart - have been pretty dire. There seems to be a motivational issue, with some players not putting in the effort required. 

After everything the fans have been put through over the last few years - and in particular the last several months - if this manager, and this squad, cannot show the fight, desire and application required they will quickly lose the fans.

Some of these imposters should be busting a gut to make up for the shit show of last season. If truth be told they are putting in a similar level of performance, but against weaker opposition, hence the improved results.

There needs to be a dramatic turn around or the tone for the season will be set and this could end up being the type of season none of us want, or deserve.

If we lack motivation then the finger needs to be pointed at the manager. This season of all seasons, after the injustice done to the club, the players should be playing every match like it is a cup final. We can debate the lack of quality in the squad but there should be no shortage of hard work and desire. Really need to see some of that vs Alloa.

7 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

If we lack motivation then the finger needs to be pointed at the manager. This season of all seasons, after the injustice done to the club, the players should be playing every match like it is a cup final. We can debate the lack of quality in the squad but there should be no shortage of hard work and desire. Really need to see some of that vs Alloa.

But we still have plenty of the squad that seemed like they couldn't care less that we were bottom last season. The same lack of urgency and the same lack of energy. 

24 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Hopefully the frustrations of Friday will be played out against this lot who’s chairman got vocal about no OF fans in October...another one of Lawell’s bitches.

Get them pumped hearts :jjockio:

49 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

He is indeed one of Lawwell's chief mouthpieces.

Nothing against his team but hope we utterly thrash them just to piss on his parade.

8 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

This Hearts team contains three current international players, as well as others who have been in international squads at various age groups. The fact that we are talking about needing to improve things in relation to a game against bottom of the Championship Alloa tells you there is something wrong.

The performances thus far - large sections of the Dundee game apart - have been pretty dire. There seems to be a motivational issue, with some players not putting in the effort required. 

After everything the fans have been put through over the last few years - and in particular the last several months - if this manager, and this squad, cannot show the fight, desire and application required they will quickly lose the fans.

Some of these imposters should be busting a gut to make up for the shit show of last season. If truth be told they are putting in a similar level of performance, but against weaker opposition, hence the improved results.

There needs to be a dramatic turn around or the tone for the season will be set and this could end up being the type of season none of us want, or deserve.

👍

As I suggested on another thread, if even another 5 or 6 players increased their will to win to the same level as Naismith invariably shows, then we could be a lot more confident about the outcome of just about every game.

Need a good performance and result after Friday. Friday was too 1 paced, lack of energy, lack of players running with the ball, lack of creativity, too many safe passes and Boyce had his worst game in a hearts jersey. Everything was in front of Dunfermline so we were too easy to play against. The worry is our players with pace to play out wide, with the exception of ginnely, have not looked up to much. 

Do we play a diamond and rely on smith and Kingsley to push forward for width with Haring dropping back in when they go? Or do we stick with formation and play with wighton, Moore or Henderson in the wide areas for pace and energy or do we give Frear and Roberts another chance? Do we go 4-4-2 with Naismith and Boyce upfront who surely in this league should be scoring 30-40 between them. Still a lot of questions about best lineup and formation. 

on Tuesday I’d go

Gordon

Smith 

Popescu

Halket

Kingsley

Walker

Haring

irvine

Roberts

Boyce

Naismith

Alloa will sit in and try and make it difficult for us. I’d go 4-4-2, give Roberts another chance, walker was our best player for the whole of pre season and should be more than capable at this level, he gives us goals and assists. Irving has to play to up the tempo and energy. Smith and Kingsley given freedom to push on knowing that Haring is sitting which would allow both Roberts and walker to play high and inside at times, which would surely make us more of a goal threat with Naismith, Boyce, Walker and Roberts all pressed on and hopefully in or around the box

Seriously if we struggle to beat Alloa then we are fecked. I’m mean fecked.

Neilson should stop worrying about the opposition and get on with picking the best team available and playing on the front foot from the outset.

1 hour ago, Pilmuir said:

Motivation was lacking in abundance on Friday night which is unbelievable given how we have been shafted by other clubs. It should have been hammered into the players that performances like that are unacceptable and must not happen again. If only some of the players had the same siege mentality as the fans we would sweep all these shitty wee teams away. 

Given our justified sense of grievance, surely we should be piling into Alloa, yes Alloa, for the full 90 minutes and looking to score double figures.

If we're passing the ball along the halfway line then sending a hopeful ball into the middle it will be utterly depressing.

We bring in JJ.  We bring in Neilson.  He brings in his preferred coaches.

Nothing changes.

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Given our justified sense of grievance, surely we should be piling into Alloa, yes Alloa, for the full 90 minutes and looking to score double figures.

If we're passing the ball along the halfway line then sending a hopeful ball into the middle it will be utterly depressing.

We bring in JJ.  We bring in Neilson.  He brings in his preferred coaches.

Nothing changes.

I doubt the players have the same sense of grievance as the supporters. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Any sign of the PPV option yet for non ST holders? As I'll be busy between now and 7pm Tuesday I thought I'd buy the event just now but seems the PPV site won't let me log in yet.

2-0 hearts.

I'm sure we will bounce back after the dissapointing result on friday, hopefully robbie is going through all the players in training this week.

18Jambo_dave74

Gordon

Smith Halkett Popescu Kingsley

Ginnelly Haring Irving Roberts

Naismith Boyce 

If Ginnelly / Haring aren’t fit then replace with Henderson and Lee. 

Get the ball wide quickly and put crosses in to the box for Boyce and Naismith to attack. 

Including this match we are at home 4 out of the next 5 league matches with only Ayr United in the top half to play

Alloa, Morton, QofS, Ayr, Arbroath all before January.....and of those Morton are the only side away

This is the time to kick on and get to the top before January

There is no excuse for us not to go on another league match winning run.....and really there is no excuse

11 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Good post. 

And we only pumped Dundee because they are horrific. They are probably the worst side in this league. 

Very little seems to have changed from last season. If anything, it seems we have dropped to a more comfortable level. 

I expect a barnstorming performance v Alloa to prove me wrong. 

On 21/11/2020 at 17:16, David Black said:

Well to start with he isn't a winger which is where he is being played. The support know that, Wighton knows that and RN knows that, so why play him there when we also have Moore and Henderson fit.

Exactly.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Tryng to worm my way out of it. 

Must beat alloa twice this week or wel be GUTed, Cod almighty hope we.win .......

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Popescu Kingsley 

Haring Irving

Moore Walker Ginnelly

Wighton

Back 5 is obvious with the full backs pushing forward to support the wingers.

Hope to see this combative/creative duo in midfield.

Moore deserves his chance ahead of Frear and Roberts.

9 and 10 are the most difficult to decide. So far this season Wighton has looked better than Boyce when played as a striker. I also think he links better with Walker than Naismith. Naismith could easily play either 9 or 10 but a lot of our lack of shape comes from him running all over pitch looking for the ball.

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Including this match we are at home 4 out of the next 5 league matches with only Ayr United in the top half to play

Alloa, Morton, QofS, Ayr, Arbroath all before January.....and of those Morton are the only side away

This is the time to kick on and get to the top before January

There is no excuse for us not to go on another league match winning run.....and really there is no excuse

Surely we can do that.  If not, we are in dire straits.

A good run of form in this lower league and league cup could set up for a real go at ending a horror year on a huge high with a Scottish Cup win.

Let's see everyone fight for that.

Fired up, ready to go.

On 21/11/2020 at 11:17, iainmac said:

I'm assuming you mean Wighton? 

How does he get a free pass after his performance last night. What did he do that was worthy of retaining a starting place? 

We have a choice of two strikers. Wighton so far this season, and also against Dunfermline has been the better of the two by a distance. I’d rather we played both up front against teams we should be pissing all over but if it’s one up, has to be Wighton for me.

6 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Motivation was lacking in abundance on Friday night which is unbelievable given how we have been shafted by other clubs. It should have been hammered into the players that performances like that are unacceptable and must not happen again. If only some of the players had the same siege mentality as the fans we would sweep all these shitty wee teams away. 

We had players that didn’t give much of a shit what happened to Hearts up to the Covid stoppage. We’re still picking some of them and they’re still not giving much of a shit. 

5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

We had players that didn’t give much of a shit what happened to Hearts up to the Covid stoppage. We’re still picking some of them and they’re still not giving much of a shit. 

Absolutely. Some of these jokers should be nowhere near Tynecastle. Certain parts of the club are still far too soft for me. 

I didn't see the dunfermline game, It seems like we were very poor given some of the comments on here, i seen some of the highlights and it looks like we still could have won ? Hitting the bar twice etc, Anyway i would expect the players to react and put that to dissapointment to bed on Tuesday night with a good win.

My line up would be a 4-1-3-2 

Gordon

Smith Halkett Pops Kingsley

Haliday

Ginnelly Naismith White

Boyce Wighton

Assuming Ginelly is ok to play ? If not maybe Moore? I really would like us to go two up top against a part time team like Alloa at home, Start fast and on the front foot, Grab an early goal and then press them for a comfy win, Nothing less than 100% from all!

Hhgh!! our next 8 game winning streak starts here (including the cup final!) :flag1:

5 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I didn't see the dunfermline game, It seems like we were very poor given some of the comments on here, i seen some of the highlights and it looks like we still could have won ? Hitting the bar twice etc, Anyway i would expect the players to react and put that to dissapointment to bed on Tuesday night with a good win.

Gordon

Haliday

Ginnelly Naismith White

Boyce Wighton

Assuming Ginelly is ok to play ? If not maybe Moore? I really would like us to go two up top against a part time team like Alloa at home, Start fast and on the front foot, Grab an early goal and then press them for a comfy win, Nothing less than 100% from all!

Hhgh!! our next 8 game winning streak starts here (including the cup final!) :flag1:

Not sure why we shy away from 4-4-2. Definitely would suit Boyce and Wighton and might stop us being so negative. 

Every game is important but suddenly this one takes higher profile after Friday.    It's a game we should win comfortably but an early goal would help settle the team down.  3-0.  

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Gordon

Haliday

Ginnelly Naismith White

Boyce Wighton

Friday could easily have finished 4-4.  Hearts played poorly but wasted several great chances while Dunfermline could have added to their two as we were chasing game.  

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

All this talk about formations and systems etc. 

I am old school I'm afraid and football is a pretty simple game that is complicated by coaches etc. 

It's Alloa FFS. So I suggest getting wired in from the start, play at as high a tempo as possible given what we have, play two upfront with plenty of balls into the box and ram five past this shower of shite. 

I am available as a motivational speaker for a small fee......

5 - 0 Hearts.

Nailed it Jonno.

two up front a must.

FFS lone striker at home v Alloa, christ its like a motivational speech for them.

Its not as if we have midfield players that are adept at getting up in support.

41 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I am old school I'm afraid and football is a pretty simple game that is complicated by coaches etc. 

It's Alloa FFS. So I suggest getting wired in from the start, play at as high a tempo as possible given what we have, play two upfront with plenty of balls into the box and ram five past this shower of shite. 

5 - 0 Hearts.

Saves me typing 👍🏻
 hit the ****ers hard and fast , rattle in the goals too, no excuses absolutely none 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

5 - 0 Hearts.

👍👍👍👍

15 hours ago, 5jambo1 said:

Need a good performance and result after Friday. Friday was too 1 paced, lack of energy, lack of players running with the ball, lack of creativity, too many safe passes and Boyce had his worst game in a hearts jersey. Everything was in front of Dunfermline so we were too easy to play against. The worry is our players with pace to play out wide, with the exception of ginnely, have not looked up to much. 

Do we play a diamond and rely on smith and Kingsley to push forward for width with Haring dropping back in when they go? Or do we stick with formation and play with wighton, Moore or Henderson in the wide areas for pace and energy or do we give Frear and Roberts another chance? Do we go 4-4-2 with Naismith and Boyce upfront who surely in this league should be scoring 30-40 between them. Still a lot of questions about best lineup and formation. 

on Tuesday I’d go

Gordon

Smith 

Popescu

Halket

Kingsley

Walker

Haring

irvine

Roberts

Boyce

Naismith

Alloa will sit in and try and make it difficult for us. I’d go 4-4-2, give Roberts another chance, walker was our best player for the whole of pre season and should be more than capable at this level, he gives us goals and assists. Irving has to play to up the tempo and energy. Smith and Kingsley given freedom to push on knowing that Haring is sitting which would allow both Roberts and walker to play high and inside at times, which would surely make us more of a goal threat with Naismith, Boyce, Walker and Roberts all pressed on and hopefully in or around the box

What players have pace? The only one I can think of is Ginnelly and he is injured although hopefully back tomorrow.

That is part of our problem we don't have any pace that is why we play the way we do.

We could move the ball quicker than we do and run at players rather than play across and in front but we lack any creativity in midfield.

Irving is probably the most creative player we have and should start tomorrow especially if Ginnelly is still out.

Edited by wavydavy

16 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

its a shame the thoughts of the fans cant be transferred to the players, lifes not that simple.

23 hours ago, merrymac said:

Agree that things need freshened up, but Wighton is definitely not suited to the lone striker role, as has been proved already this season.

I do See what ur saying, and your right, he doesn’t suit the role especially for holding up the ball and bringing others into play. 
Would need a slight tweak in tactics to accomodate him playing up there on his own.

I just feel that Boyce and Naisy should be on the bench. If, as u say, it isn’t working with Wighton playing on his own, we can always change it from the bench 👍

Anything other than a win is unacceptable. Two defeats in a row in this league, with our squad, should result in a sacking.

Jack Torrance
2 hours ago, merrymac said:

Should be but site not open yet

It's a bit sloppy if they're planning to do a PPV but there's no info on the PPV or Club website the day before the game. You'd think they'd want to advertise and encourage folk to purchase, or at least put a holding message up. Looks a bit unprofessional logging on to an empty landing page. Guess I'll just need to make other plans for tomorrow night as it doesn't look like they're planning PPV.

Anyway, hopefully the last game was a blip and we'll see the squad reacting to the wake up call. 3-1 with Boyce and Wighton on the scoresheet.

Edited by Jack Torrance

Ex member of the SaS

Stendel had us as an attacking pressing team, Robbie did the same last time we were down here. I am not seeing this ,this time so why? Tippy tappy around our defence before a hump is not winning games, so why is Robbie not changing things?

Stated before I like Robbie as manager but something has to change, and unless performances and results go in our favour he is on the firing line.

Fans are fickle and winning is the only way to keep them onside.

We will win tomorrow and hopefully push on, there will be some set backs but we MUST be top by the year end. Once the restrictions ease over Christmas I can see another lock down and possibly another curtailed season. Therefore it's imperative we are in the running for promotion.

kingantti1874

I don’t want to see 2 holding mid’s - absolutely no need . and I dont want to see Naismith and where else ther than the last third of the pitch. 

15 hours ago, And he’s not praying! said:

3-0.

Will hopefully shut a few arseholes up.

Hopefully you're one of them.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***
  • davemclaren locked this topic