***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***

upgotheheads

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, grumpyespana said:

I know he is not the player he was but he is good in the air in his own box and thats what we seem to need just now.

He barely won a header against a guy who works 40 hours a week doing a real job versus East Fife. He’s finished and shouldn’t be anywhere near the team ever again. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

I'm basing it on a year of that and seeing him play against East Fife.  Dundee fans thinking he was good for them for half a dozen games last season doesn't really fill me with confidence - they also think Jordan Foster's decent.

So a year ago and his first game in 7 months.

Borders Jambo
2 hours ago, fila said:

Problem is some people getting carried away ! We signed in the majority a bunch of championship level players who are proving to be just that , combined with quite a few of the championship level dross we had in the squad , that apparently became world beaters , arise Lee , Wighton etc Robbie would have offloaded them unfortunately we had no takers .

I do think we will win the league , but the squad needs a major overhaul for next season.  Thought Dunfermline were lucky to win the game, on another night we would have won it, two headers of the bar, Boyce heading it softly into the keepers arms, Naismith trying to lay the ball of when clean through on goals 

This.  

The other thing was Popescu trying to head every ball in the box when the likes of Boyce where in better positions to score.  I'm all for him trying to score but found that infuriating.

gordon simpson
10 hours ago, S Form said:

What’s with all this demand for Berra? He was truly piss poor against East Fife and constantly reverted to the old hoof up the park. He’s not an improvement on Halkett or Popescu and change for change sake is a daft route to go down.

agree 100% 

Okay we should expect a dose of criticism after a poor performance and that's what has happened

You can't win them all but the worry has been a lack of real form in other matches though we have fought through

Do you expect this to be a kick up the backside for some of the players ?

Should this be a real warning to the manager that things are not where they should be ?

Injuries will impact and god knows lets hope there are fewer than last season.

I would not have played Boyce less than 48 hours after he played for his country..a poor decision by the manager and Smith would have been a 50/50 call as well for the same reason though as a defender it can be easier.

We will all have opinions but the midfield mix is just not right and it is impacting on the defence.

Haring is now vital and has to play most weeks if fit in central midfield (if fit)

Irving has to be played and either establishes himself or he's had his chance

Some of those pacey wide players need a kick up the backside and Lewis Moore must wonder what he has done for he was playing well prior to the shutdown and gave you energy..playing Frear in front of him beggars belief

Henderson  needs a run of matches to find out the truth regarding his talent

Edited by CJGJ

11 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Apologies for starting this while we're still digesting last night's 'performance'. But I think we need to talk.

I'm hoping for quite a few changes. Hearts really do need to send out a wake-up call to some who think they will be first picks.

Berra for Popescu.  Berra has his weaknesses but Popescu needs to take stock.

Irving for Halliday, because he's a better player.

Henderson for Frear, we need to give Henderson a proper chance.

Whiting as striker for Boyce, until Boyce starts to realise that this league is not beneath him.

Naismith, think he must start without Boyce, because together they get billy big-baws syndrome.

Haring to start at all costs, and just keep our fingers crossed.

Moore on the bench along with Walker. just so that Walker realises what his true level is.

Ginnelly to start, or we need to know if he's not just an expensive liability.

Can't argue with all that.  Who is Whiting?

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Okay we should expect a dose of criticism after a poor performance and that's what has happened

You can't win them all but the worry has been a lack of form in other matches though we have fought through

Do you expect this to be a kick up the backside for some of the players ?

Should this be a real warning to the manager that things are not where they should be ?

I

It certainly should be.

15 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

agree 100% 

Possibly, but he may have stopped their second goal and may have got us the equaliser.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He barely won a header against a guy who works 40 hours a week doing a real job versus East Fife. He’s finished and shouldn’t be anywhere near the team ever again. 

Yes, he was s***e prior to going to Dundee, but I just get the feeling that he'll prove us wrong.  See my reply re how he just might have influenced Friday's game.

luckyBatistuta
11 hours ago, S Form said:

What’s with all this demand for Berra? He was truly piss poor against East Fife and constantly reverted to the old hoof up the park. He’s not an improvement on Halkett or Popescu and change for change sake is a daft route to go down.

10 hours ago, kila said:

Yeah let's not encourage more of this:

giphy.mp4

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Please no

05EC05F7-6952-4C83-8A6B-F048475CA967.jpeg

E2C12C7C-0335-4850-862A-82337DEF3EAD.jpeg

15 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Can't argue with all that.  Who is Whiting?

You know fine well who he meant.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Possibly, but he may have stopped their second goal and may have got us the equaliser.

He would’ve probably have given them more chances too.
Halkett and Popescu are miles away from being good enough to play for us, but Berra is not the answer. 
You know he’s only scored one more header for us (7) than Djoum did in more games and a lot more trips into the opposition box. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Please no

Hahahahaha. 
He is Hibs top goal scorer against us at ER in the last two years and joint top in all the venues we’ve played them at in that time 🙈

luckyBatistuta
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha. 
He is Hibs top goal scorer against us at ER in the last two years and joint top in all the venues we’ve played them at in that time 🙈

Thanks for everything, some top performances over the years, but they’re well in the past.

:mmtaxi:

As shite as Halkett and Popescu are putting Berra in is a whole. New nightmare his contributions last season played a major part in were we are now 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

If this one isn’t, at least, a four-niller, then something needs done tout suite.

I’d accept 3. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Thanks for everything, some top performances over the years, but they’re well in the past.

:mmtaxi:

Pretty much, costing us a fair wage that could’ve been used on a player who can actually contribute. 

Assuming Ginnelly isn't fit...

Gordon

Halkett Popescu Kingsley 

Smith    Haring Irving      White

Walker

Wighton  Naismith 

If Ginnelly can play...

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Popescu Kingsley

Ginnelly Haring Irving White

Walker

Wighton

SomethingAboutObua

Gordon

Smith, Halkett, Popescu, Kingsley 

( sorry but I don't know if we can trust Berra's ability yet)

Haring (if fit) or Halliday (We need a backup in the mould of Haring though) 

Lee and Irving as the centre of passing, not Naismith ffs

Ginnelly      Boyce        Wighton or Naismith

If not fit, Henderson

Never ever again play the flat and lightweight 4-1-4-1 please Robbie. Don't know what the **** Wednesday was about.

I’ve genuinely no idea who I’d start with. After Friday there’s too many I’d want to see dropped but we can’t drop them all. 
Id bring in Irving and give Moore a chance. Definitely take Frear out.  Naismith is probably an off the bench player now .

home advantage against a side bottom of the league and I’d say a 2 or 3 goal win.

34 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’ve genuinely no idea who I’d start with. After Friday there’s too many I’d want to see dropped but we can’t drop them all. 
Id bring in Irving and give Moore a chance. Definitely take Frear out.  Naismith is probably an off the bench player now .

home advantage against a side bottom of the league and I’d say a 2 or 3 goal win.

Gordon

smith.          Hallket    Popescu.        Kingsley 

Irving.   Haring

henderson.         Walker.              Moore 

Wighton.    

drop Naisy, Lee, Boyce, roberts, great and Halliday to the bench 

Need to freshen things up a bit IMO 

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Gordon

Irving.   Haring

Wighton.    

drop Naisy, Lee, Boyce, roberts, frear and Halliday to the bench 

Seymour M Hersh

Friday was the first bad result but by no means the first bad performance and that's the worry. Not sure who can be brought in to improve things apart from Haring and Ginelly.

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Friday was the first bad result but by no means the first bad performance and that's the worry. Not sure who can be brought in to improve things apart from Haring and Ginelly.

Definitely Ginelly if fit, but your right, we don’t have that many options 

It’s Probably the right game to give Henderson and Moore a go. I don’t really think Roberts or Frear deserve to be ahead of the young boys at the moment tbh.

It would also send a clear message, dropping both of them, and that they need to up their game, and quickly. Hopefully we will get the right response from the 2 of them if that happens. Roberts I still think will come good. As for Frear, I have serious doubts if he is good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

This Hearts team contains three current international players, as well as others who have been in international squads at various age groups. The fact that we are talking about needing to improve things in relation to a game against bottom of the Championship Alloa tells you there is something wrong.

The performances thus far - large sections of the Dundee game apart - have been pretty dire. There seems to be a motivational issue, with some players not putting in the effort required. 

After everything the fans have been put through over the last few years - and in particular the last several months - if this manager, and this squad, cannot show the fight, desire and application required they will quickly lose the fans.

Some of these imposters should be busting a gut to make up for the shit show of last season. If truth be told they are putting in a similar level of performance, but against weaker opposition, hence the improved results.

There needs to be a dramatic turn around or the tone for the season will be set and this could end up being the type of season none of us want, or deserve.

23 hours ago, iainmac said:

I'm assuming you mean Wighton? 

How does he get a free pass after his performance last night. What did he do that was worthy of retaining a starting place? 

The guy is not a right winger. Boyce gets to play in his preferred position and is not producing so surely it is worht giving Wfghton a chance in hios preferred position.

It sends a message out the the players to that nobody has a right to play every game unless they are producing the goods and Boyce isn't.

25 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Gordon

Irving.   Haring

Wighton.    

drop Naisy, Lee, Boyce, roberts, great and Halliday to the bench 

Agree that things need freshened up, but Wighton is definitely not suited to the lone striker role, as has been proved already this season.

11 hours ago, pointon said:

As shite as Halkett and Popescu are putting Berra in is a whole. New nightmare his contributions last season played a major part in were we are now 

Can he lump the ball up the park better than Popescu though?

Yep Berra's time is up but has been a great player and captain to us. Dont see need to slag him off like that

Gordon Ramsay
12 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Please no

Berras time as a starter is done but no need for pish like that. 

We'll win but probably another snorefest.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I'd expect us to win this by a 2 goal margin at the very least. 

I think a win by two goals is a perfectly reasonable expectation for this match 

I’d shake up the formation to a 3-5-2 with Smith, Haring & Kingsley at the back. I have no confidence in Popescu and not much more in Halkett. The thought of Berra hoofing it up the pitch is also unappealing. They can take turns to push forward, leaving 2 back to cover.

Brandon & White as wing backs, with Irving in the middle. Moore & Naismith just ahead and Boyce playing off Wighton up front.

Gordon

Smith   Haring   Kingsley 

Brandon          Irving               White

Moore         Naismith    
                   Boyce

Wighton

Subs: Halkett, Halliday, Lee, Walker, Roberts, Henderson, Stewart

Horatio Caine

I actually think we might see Henderson getting a start on Tuesday.  I know he splits opinions on here, but for me he defo offers more than Roberts.  Wouldn't be too dismayed to see Moore start as well.  These guys ought to be sniffing a real opportunity here.

I'd certainly start Boyce. Sort of game he could(should?) score in, so good for his morale.

Whilst the performance of the team on Friday was poor, I genuinely don't think Dunfermline outplayed us.

So for me, pick the strongest xi available.

Can anyone else play right back? ANYONE? If so we could have the answer to our midfield problem staring at us in the face. Could be a game to mix it up.

Gordon

Moore Halkett Berra Kingsley 

Smith Irving 

Ginelly Naismith Wighton

Boyce

alwaysthereinspirit
19 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Haring had a ‘bit of a hamstring issue’. Expected to play on Tuesday. 

👍🏻 Thanks

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

This Hearts team contains three current international players, as well as others who have been in international squads at various age groups. The fact that we are talking about needing to improve things in relation to a game against bottom of the Championship Alloa tells you there is something wrong.

The performances thus far - large sections of the Dundee game apart - have been pretty dire. There seems to be a motivational issue, with some players not putting in the effort required. 

After everything the fans have been put through over the last few years - and in particular the last several months - if this manager, and this squad, cannot show the fight, desire and application required they will quickly lose the fans.

Some of these imposters should be busting a gut to make up for the shit show of last season. If truth be told they are putting in a similar level of performance, but against weaker opposition, hence the improved results.

There needs to be a dramatic turn around or the tone for the season will be set and this could end up being the type of season none of us want, or deserve.

10/10. Maybe even 11 out of.

20 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

So a year ago and his first game in 7 months.

<shrugs>So you've not seen him play an even semi-decent game in more than a year either? And the one time we have seen him recently in a Hearts top he was murder. 

Fair enough, we'll just have to disagree.

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Can anyone else play right back? ANYONE? If so we could have the answer to our midfield problem staring at us in the face. Could be a game to mix it up.

Gordon

Moore Halkett Berra Kingsley 

Smith Irving 

Ginelly Naismith Wighton

Boyce

Nope 

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

<shrugs>So you've not seen him play an even semi-decent game in more than a year either? And the one time we have seen him recently in a Hearts top he was murder. 

Fair enough, we'll just have to disagree.

I'll give every player a chance under the new manager- Only fair imo.

As a side note, as long he wears the Maroon he'll get my support.

Do we know why Haring was not in the squad on Friday when Robbie said he had a full set of players to choose from other than Ginnelly? 

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Do we know why Haring was not in the squad on Friday when Robbie said he had a full set of players to choose from other than Ginnelly? 

Slight hamstring issue apparently. 

1-1

I honestly can't comprehend how things have got this bad and stayed consistently bad for years.  We seem to rise to the challenge from the bigger clubs most of the time and have no problem in dispatching the dross from leith but otherwise we usually fail in dismal fashion.

As I say, I don't begin to understand it.

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Slight hamstring issue apparently. 

So no doubt he will be out for about a month then 😁

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***
  • davemclaren locked this topic