Ratings v Pars

BelgeJambo

Naismith was absolutely wank and not taking that shot was inexcusable.

Boyce again doing nothing.

Frear playing Sunday league level.

Halliday passing back constantly.

In fact make that the entire team passing back constantly.

Nobody looked like they wanted to actually take a shot. Every team we play is going to be treating it like a cup final and last night we looked as if we just couldn't be arsed.

Not good enough.

30 minutes ago, merrymac said:

You really think Berra turning like the titanic is the answer against Celtic's quick forwards?

I agree that Smith at centre back is certainly an option, but that leaves us very short at fullback cos Brandon isn't the answer.

I dont have the answer mate. I just know that Popescu and Halkett aren’t it. We are rapidly running out of games  to experiment imo. I’d play Berra centre half with smith paying the sweeper role. Can’t be any worse than last night. If we had lost by 4, which was a possibility last night,  would people still be saying Halkett and Popescu are our no1 centre back pairing? 

28 minutes ago, been here before said:

Everyone was pish.

Michael Smith a little less pish.

Lee gets an 8 though cause he does assists and that.

Most sensible comment on this thread....unless you’re being your sarcastic self again 😂

35 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I think hanging your hat on that game is batshit mental if I'm being honest.

It's a bonus and possibly a poor distraction for the job in hand.

This place is currently a cringeworthy embarrassment and is making .net look credible. 

As for campaigning for Berra to get a start :rofl:

Pure comedy.

I’m not hanging my hat on that game at all or any other game for that matter. The evidence has been there in every game this season and the three seasons before that. The semi final would’ve been so different with Popescu diving in to make tackles in our box like a novice, Halkett swinging madly in the box in the last minute if they had scored their pen or been awarded one in the last minute of normal time. Would we still be lauding the centre back pairing if that happened? One of them needs to go, possibly both. Stupid basic errors are costing us points, places and leagues. Berra isn’t the answer either but no worse than what we have at the moment. If he has no role to play then why keep him on the bench or the squad. In Robbie’s words, everyone is starting with a clean slate and will get a chance.

Alloa, Raith, QOS and Morton are hardly ideal preparations for a cup final but we need to sort our house out now. I’d be questioning players lack of desire and motivation if we can’t overcome the likes of last nights championship opposition. 

New manager comes in and more rebuilding at a cost of hundreds of thousands each time. It feels like we are stuck on rinse and repeat 

11 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Gordon - 5 - only because of that moment he came out to close down the winger and messed it up

Smith - 5 - worst I've seen him in a very long time but he's more of a defender than an attacking player anyway 

Halkett - 4 - played like his head was somewhere else, took about 8 touches at a tip toe pace whenever he got the ball

Popescu - 4 - doesn't look better than dikamona honestly, needs to stop trying the Gerrard passes 

Kingsley - 6 - their goal came from his side but good header for our goal

Lee - 6 - actually looked good today I have to say, shouldn't have came off, probably MOTM

Halliday - 3 - just doesn't look like he can play football 

Wighton - 5 - I think he actually looked like he could have made something happen today if he'd got the ball a bit more, shouldn't have come off

Naismith - 4 - time for him to start taking these games seriously 

Frear - 3 - looks like a 29 year old forest Green winger who had to have a trial before being signed 

Boyce - 5 - some clever play first half and tried to drag the team up the pitch, poor finish for his chance

Subs:

Walker - such a clumsy tackler and didn't get in a position to finish which is his best attribute 

Roberts - plays like he's just here for the pay packet

Irving - didn't change much

Kingsley not to blame AT ALL for their first goal.  100% to blame was your MotM, Lee.  Defensively he is a total liability.  Should be banned from our half or, at least, within 40 yards of our own goal.

17 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m not hanging my hat on that game at all or any other game for that matter. The evidence has been there in every game this season and the three seasons before that. The semi final would’ve been so different with Popescu diving in to make tackles in our box like a novice, Halkett swinging madly in the box in the last minute if they had scored their pen or been awarded one in the last minute of normal time. Would we still be lauding the centre back pairing if that happened? One of them needs to go, possibly both. Stupid basic errors are costing us points, places and leagues. Berra isn’t the answer either but no worse than what we have at the moment. If he has no role to play then why keep him on the bench or the squad. In Robbie’s words, everyone is starting with a clean slate and will get a chance.

Alloa, Raith, QOS and Morton are hardly ideal preparations for a cup final but we need to sort our house out now. I’d be questioning players lack of desire and motivation if we can’t overcome the likes of last nights championship opposition. 

New manager comes in and more rebuilding at a cost of hundreds of thousands each time. It feels like we are stuck on rinse and repeat 

Yes, winning most of the time is intolerable.

11 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Gordon - 5 Flapped a bit tonight 

Smith - 6 Frustrated by what was in front of him

Kingsley - 7 nothing spectacular but took goal well

Halkett - 5 Slow and poor passing

Popescu - 5 should have scored 2............................................................I'd be happier with Berra

Halliday - 4 Agent Hun

Lee - 4 Pedestrian at best.........................................................................5 or 6 for me, Lee and Halliday not a good pairing.

Frear - 4 Spineless ....................................................................................5, he's not great but at least involved first half.

Naismith - 4 Legs gone............................................................................ 5 but often tries to be too clever

Wighton - 5 Wasted out right, needs to be more involved ...................yup

Boyce - 5. Chances to goal ratio is shit....................................................if he doesn't start to produce soon we have a problem

Roberts - 3 Waste of a Jersey..................................................................beginning to look like it. More chances for Henderson/Moore

Walker - 3 Lucky not to see red

Irving - 4 not a fan, but tried to get things moving.................................He should start ahead of Halliday every week

fair assessment. Let's hope it's a wake-up call 

10 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Kingsley not to blame AT ALL for their first goal.  100% to blame was your MotM, Lee.  Defensively he is a total liability.  Should be banned from our half or, at least, within 40 yards of our own goal.

I think there was blame all over at the first goal , even our keeper didn’t cover himself in glory , the second goal their player just strolled away from Naismith. Bad day at the office all round , hopefully it’s woken them up to what lies ahead .

The challenge on Lee in the first few seconds wasn’t that far from what Black did to the thumb in 2012 , lay down a marker , sadly like hibs on that day ( but not quite as bad) we didn’t stand up to that challenge, good chance to redeem themselves on Tuesday. Normally I’d hope for any kind of win , now I want to see a ruthless win , an absolute destruction of them .

54 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Stendels team would’ve lost that game too. Only it would’ve been about 7-4. It wasn’t a case of him having a more attacking mindset, he just had a blatant disregard for defending in general.

Do you seriously believe Stendel would have fielded that team, or signed, or even kept on that shower of huddys?

Big difference is Stendel is (was) a football manager with a footballing brain. Something that's been a bit of a novelty around Tynecastle these past few years.

None of the players look as though they enjoy being out on the park.

Some look frustrated, some look lost. 

Even in the games we win its the same.

Gordon 6

Smith 5.   Looked tired. 
Kingsley. 5.    Can do better

Popescu. 2.    
Halkett 5.   

Halliday 4.   Thought this would be good signing, hopefully more to come.
Lee.  5.  Poor second half ... 

Naismith. 4.   Sloppy passing

Frear. 3.   Surely better than showed so far otherwise why did we sign him?

Wighton. 4.    Never going to offer much out wide. 
Boyce 4.  Just doesn’t look fit.  

55 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I dont have the answer mate. I just know that Popescu and Halkett aren’t it. We are rapidly running out of games  to experiment imo. I’d play Berra centre half with smith paying the sweeper role. Can’t be any worse than last night. If we had lost by 4, which was a possibility last night,  would people still be saying Halkett and Popescu are our no1 centre back pairing? 

I would agree with your second sentence. The problem is Celtic will try to play through us, and against quick forwards Berra gives me the major fear.

I think Halkett and Smith would probably be the best combination, but that just transfers the problem to another position. Need a couple of strong recruits in the January window.

Gordon 5 not his best night. 
Smith 7 Reliable as ever on a bad night

Halkett 6 not the worst 

Popescu 3 cowardly/stupid defending for the first goal

Kingsley 4 His worst game so far. lost his man for the second goal. Gets a point back for his goal

Lee 3 Fails every time we need a bit of dig and battle.

Halliday 3 change his name to Holliday because that’s what he’s here for 

Wighton 6 we’re playing him wide why ?

Naismith 5 he has to score the one on one. Passing it was criminal for a captain 

Frear 4. Had a bright opening 5-7 minutes but awful after that.

Boyce 3 First touch was awful Missed yet another sitter

Roberts 2 an awful signing so far

Walker 2 as per Roberts

Irving 3 Better than Lee or Halliday

Neilson. I hope he was raging at that performance. I hope he has the skills required to make sure it doesn’t happen again. I have lingering doubts about him

55 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Do you seriously believe Stendel would have fielded that team, or signed, or even kept on that shower of huddys?

Big difference is Stendel is (was) a football manager with a footballing brain. Something that's been a bit of a novelty around Tynecastle these past few years.

Stendel is (was) hopeless and a big part of the reason we find ourselves where we are. 

His signings? Langer was instantly forgettable and Avdijaj looked like he had never played football before. He is also personally to blame for us passing on Gordon in place of these jokers in January. 

Nice guy though.

Not sure I have the motivation to go through each one for a rating. 

Gordon, Smith and Kingley all fine. 

The Halkett/ Popescu partnership fills me with preciously zero confidence going into the final. 

Lee offered little

Frear & Roberts aren't good enough to play for us. 

Walker had no impact and hasn't for a while. I'm not happy for us to keep him tbh, he doesn't offer anything and we're under no obligation to fund his retirement. Finish up this season and let him go. 

Naismith was dire. He's not going to the Euros. He was playing like he's finished. Should be playing as a striker not as a deep lying midfielder. his impact on the game is destroyed in that position. 

Boyce was pish poor and has been playing like he doesn't want to be here tbh. 

Wighton was fine. I'd be tempted to play him through the middle going forward. Boyce really let the side down tbh. 

Irving was good. 

Halliday was a total passenger and offered no drive. 

We need a midfielder who can get on the ball and drive forward. No one is doing that. Could we get Arnaud Djoum back?

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I give Doris the tea lady 3 as Janet in accounts really loved her Victoria Sponge.

Agnes in HR has to get at least a 6 as she has been having serious issues with her angina all week but she has fought through it.

Sylvia in hospitality was the real star as her youngest Brian just become a dad. Seemingly him and his wife Stacey were trying for 3 years.

A bad night for Betty in marketing as her curlers came out half way through Take the High Road. She was also on the phone to Phyliss at the time. Can you believe it! Phyliss always seems to phone her when the Highroad is on the wee bissom.

Morag from the shop gets a steady 4. She has had to put up with moving house this week.  With her back troubles it is a miracle she can even get up out of bed. That woman is just an inspiration.

Mary the physio gets a 2. She only had enough Everton Mints for the first half, but if you ask me, she kept some stashed in her handbag the little minx.

No way Agnes gets a 6

She helped to sign all these duds. 

More like a number two as are the players she helped to sign. 

If she had inadvertently put the registration forms through the shredder then I would have given her a ten. 😁

3 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Berra needs a run of games starting now.

Popescu makes me nervous, but that's as nothing compared to the terror I'd feel seeing Berra playing against Celtic.

13 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Stendel is (was) hopeless and a big part of the reason we find ourselves where we are. 

His signings? Langer was instantly forgettable and Avdijaj looked like he had never played football before. He is also personally to blame for us passing on Gordon in place of these jokers in January. 

Nice guy though.

OK, fair enough!

But a wee bit revisionism going on here. Stendel wasn't in a position to bring Gordon in. Something to do with the fact that Celtic, Lennon in particular refused to let Gordon go to the Hearts even though it was apparent that he would never play for Celtic again.

Stendel was effectively having to fire fight having seen the dross he inherited. Langer, Avdijaj were crap. however, Sibbick looked the part.
One January transfer window was never going to fix the rot that had run through the club for years. The same rot that still exists, only now with mini Levein at the helm.

13 hours ago, Boof said:

Everybody gets 10.

Don't care how they share it out - some can get minus points.

missed the game last night but if that’s where we’re at I’m starting to think it was best I didn’t watch it. 

36 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

OK, fair enough!

But a wee bit revisionism going on here. Stendel wasn't in a position to bring Gordon in. Something to do with the fact that Celtic, Lennon in particular refused to let Gordon go to the Hearts even though it was apparent that he would never play for Celtic again.

Stendel was effectively having to fire fight having seen the dross he inherited. Langer, Avdijaj were crap. however, Sibbick looked the part.
One January transfer window was never going to fix the rot that had run through the club for years. The same rot that still exists, only now with mini Levein at the helm.

This isn’t the thread for it so it’ll be the last I say on the matter but Stendel was asked his opinion on Gordon coming in. Craig wanted it to happen and Budge was prepared to put a package together until the end of the season. Stendel said he wasn’t bothered about a keeper and wanted to bring attackers in instead. 

That resulted in a half- hearted attempt to bring Gordon in 2 days before the window shut. It was Lawwell who kiboshed it because there wasn’t enough time to get a replacement in. 

Edited by DS98

The lack of scoring opportunities highlights the problem.  Hearts should be playing in the oppositions half not playing pass-ball-around among our defenders.  The longer the game went on, the more that the Pars took up a position in the Hearts half.

Neilson made a big issue about the use of wide players but Frear, Roberts and Walker are not up to the task.  It is all well and good playing Boyce, Naisy and Wighton as a strike force but midfield is totally unable to create space and get the ball into the box.

gordon simpson
4 hours ago, HighTimes said:

Popescu makes me nervous, but that's as nothing compared to the terror I'd feel seeing Berra playing against Celtic.

totally agree