Lee - 4 Pedestrian at best

Frear - 4 Spineless 

Naismith - 4 Legs gone

Wighton - 5 Wasted out right, needs to be more involved 

Boyce - 5. Chances to goal ratio is shit

Roberts - 3 Waste of a Jersey

Walker - 3 Lucky not to see red

Irving - 4 not a fan, but tried to get things moving

Gordon 5. Not to blame for goals but a bit all over the place at times.

Smith 6. Did OK.

Halkett 6. Did OK.

Popescu 5. A few inches lower and would have had an 8. Needs to score these.

Kingsley 7. Pick of the defence, good header.

Wighton 6. Did fine, unlucky to be subbed. 

Lee 5. Not awful.

Halliday 4. Not good.

Frear 3. Horrible.

Naismith 4. Not good enough at all.

Boyce 4. Has to score that.

Walker 4. Added something but could have been sent off.

Roberts 2. Weak and talentless.

Irving 3. Set up the goal.

Gordon - 5 - only because of that moment he came out to close down the winger and messed it up

Smith - 5 - worst I've seen him in a very long time but he's more of a defender than an attacking player anyway 

Halkett - 4 - played like his head was somewhere else, took about 8 touches at a tip toe pace whenever he got the ball

Popescu - 4 - doesn't look better than dikamona honestly, needs to stop trying the Gerrard passes 

Kingsley - 6 - their goal came from his side but good header for our goal

Lee - 6 - actually looked good today I have to say, shouldn't have came off, probably MOTM

Halliday - 3 - just doesn't look like he can play football 

Wighton - 5 - I think he actually looked like he could have made something happen today if he'd got the ball a bit more, shouldn't have come off

Naismith - 4 - time for him to start taking these games seriously 

Frear - 3 - looks like a 29 year old forest Green winger who had to have a trial before being signed 

Boyce - 5 - some clever play first half and tried to drag the team up the pitch, poor finish for his chance

Subs:

Walker - such a clumsy tackler and didn't get in a position to finish which is his best attribute 

Roberts - plays like he's just here for the pay packet

Irving - didn't change much

For those giving Boyce 4/5points. What were those points for? Just about any other striker would have scored at least once. 

Edited by GinRummy

Gordon 6

Smith 5.   Safe, reliable nothing else. Offers noting going forward. 
Kingsley. 5.    The new Takis? Needs to offer much much more up the park.

Popescu. 5.    He turns an easy pass into a hospital ball. 
Halkett 5.   

Halliday 4.   All too flat footed, no energy or influence. 
Lee.  4.  As Halliday

Naismith. 4.   Sloppy, just doesn’t have the mobility now. Fast becoming a super sub.

Frear. 4.    Out his depth at Hearts.

Wighton. 4.    Focus gone already. This is what you fear after what now looks like a purple patch. 
Boyce 5.....missing too many good chances, most work done outside the box.  

north wales jambo

Lee, far far to slow on and off the ball..

Frear, contributes nothing, defenders have absolutely nothing to worry about. 

Halliday, pass back and ominous 

Roberts, pal from work seen him at Tranmere, said he was sh.t like Cole Stockton.. He was right. 

Naismith, should not start a match, impact sub at best. 

Brighton Jambo

Gordon’s worst game so far.  Looked flappy and pushed one ball straight back into the danger zone.  Still he’s allowed one.

apart from Smith the rest were threes.

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

For those giving Boyce 4/5points. What were those points for? Just about any other striker would have scored at least once. 

I said a few weeks ago, that many were scared to admit that he’s been utter pony for us.

Tonight further proved that.

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I said a few weeks ago, that many were scared to admit that he’s been utter pony for us.

Tonight further proved that.

Don’t get me wrong, I think he could well turn out to be brilliant for us bit I’m a bit pissed of with people on this forum singing the praises of strikers who just can’t score enough goals. We’d be arguing about a 3-2 win if Boyce and Naismith hadn’t been wasteful tonight. 

Edited by GinRummy

Gordon 4

Smith 4

Halkett 3

Popescu 3

Kingsley 4

Lee 4

Halliday 3

Wighton 4

Naismith 2

Frear 2

Boyce 2

walker 4

irving 4

roberts 4

team performed a 3/10 tragic night

Gordon 5 Not his usual self tonight.

Smith 5 Had fight but not great

Hackett 4 Poorest out of Central defenders.

Popescu 5 2 close xalks with headers, looks to have some fight. A few misplaced passes, but everyone did.

Kingsley 5 Extra point for goal

Halliday 5 Not as bad as some make out, not great either.

Lee 3 Goes back the way too often, poor defending for 1st goal.

Frear 3 Rubbish

Naismith 4 too deep

Wighton 3 Hardly a football player  bever mind right winger.

Boyce 4 Should score header.

Walker 2 Awful

Irving 2 Passed to Dunfermline players.

Roberts 1 Not interested 

Neilson 0 Not learning.

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t get me wrong, I think he could well turn out to be brilliant for us bit I’m a bit pissed of with people on this forum singing the praises of strikers who just can’t score enough goals. We’d be arguing about a 3-2 win if Boyce and Naismith hadn’t been wasteful tonight. 

He’s definitely a goal scorer. He’s proved that at his previous clubs. 
We just seem to be a curse for strikers.

Middle of the park was just so slow at everything. No legs in there and that cost us the game, it's fine if you control the game but we seemed well off it tonight. Nothing contributions from Frear and Wighton and a generally poor game for Boyce and Halkett. Popescu looked hungover and Gordon was a shadow of himself.  I thought Kingsley and Smith were okay but in that formation (well any really) you need more than your full backs to be at it. First half gave them confidence and we managed to lose the game within 15 minutes of the restart. More tenacity, passion, speed of thought and guile needed in these games. It wasn't a good show tonight, we should have controlled the tempo a bit better at the start of the second half and Dunfermline deserved the win for doing just that. Pretty shit all round makes it difficult to win football games regardless of the opposition. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Gordon - 5 Flapped a bit tonight 

Smith - 6 Frustrated by what was in front of him

Kingsley - 7 nothing spectacular but took goal well

Halkett - 5 Slow and poor passing

Popescu - 5 should have scored 2

Halliday - 4 Agent Hun

Lee - 4 Pedestrian at best

Frear - 4 Spineless 

Naismith - 4 Legs gone

Wighton - 5 Wasted out right, needs to be more involved 

Roberts - 3 Waste of a Jersey

Walker - 3 Lucky not to see red

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Gordon - 6 Flapped a bit tonight 

Smith - 7 Frustrated by what was in front of him

Kingsley - 6 nothing spectacular but took goal well

Halkett - 5 Slow and poor passing

Popescu - 5 should have scored 2

Halliday - ZERO  Agent Hun

Lee - 6 Pedestrian at best

Frear - ZERO  Spineless 

Naismith - ZERO  Legs gone

Wighton - ZERO  Wasted out right, needs to be more involved 

Roberts - ZERO Waste of a Jersey

Walker - ZERO  Lucky not to see red

Gordon 4- being caught in no mans land and slicing the ball out for a corner was bizarre but I don’t blame him for either goal. 
The 2nd was a shocker for the defence considering Murray was highlighted so much by the BBC for his ability from set pieces. 
Smith 5- I can’t blame full backs when there was the square root of **** all happening in front of him. 
Halkett 4- if stroking the ball about the back 4 is your thing then he had a magic game. 
Popescu 4- deflected goal, hit the bar twice when he should have scored twice and headed the ball off Boyce’s head. 
Kingsley 5- same as Smith. 
Lee 5- it was 15 minutes before the commentator mentioned his name. Improved as the game went on but too late by then. 
Halliday 4- been cut a lot of slack for not being match fit but miles off the pace tonight. 
Wighton 4- we ignored everything that has made him decent this season and reverted to wasting his strengths like we did last season. 
Naismith 4- what’s this tippy tappy shite all about?
Frear 4- it’s not rocket science, beat your man and get the cross in. 
Boyce 4- give him the right service and he’ll score 20 this season. Something is wrong when our strikers continue to look so bad. 

Walker 3- we actually looked worse when he came on. 
Irving 4- done ok but damage was done by the time he came on. 
Roberts 3- I thought our bench looked strong. I was wrong. 

Attitude was completely wrong. It looked like we thought we could stroll about and eventually wear them down. 
After we lost the 2nd we lost the plot for to long before we started playing. 
We’ll not win every week but the warning signs have been there for a few weeks. 

3 hours ago, Jarhead said:

Gordon 4- being caught in no mans land and slicing the ball out for a corner was bizarre but I don’t blame him for either goal. 
The 2nd was a shocker for the defence considering Murray was highlighted so much by the BBC for his ability from set pieces. 
Smith 5- I can’t blame full backs when there was the square root of **** all happening in front of him. 
Halkett 4- if stroking the ball about the back 4 is your thing then he had a magic game. 
Popescu 4- deflected goal, hit the bar twice when he should have scored twice and headed the ball off Boyce’s head. 
Lee 5- it was 15 minutes before the commentator mentioned his name. Improved as the game went on but too late by then. 
Halliday 4- been cut a lot of slack for not being match fit but miles off the pace tonight. 
Wighton 4- we ignored everything that has made him decent this season and reverted to wasting his strengths like we did last season. 
Boyce 4- give him the right service and he’ll score 20 this season. Something is wrong when our strikers continue to look so bad. 

Attitude was completely wrong. It looked like we thought we could stroll about and eventually wear them down. 

yep

The Mighty Thor

Team performance 3.

That centre back pairing is a baw hair from a calamity at any given moment. They were giving me the fear all night. 

Frear has the skills and physical presence of a 12 year old schoolgirl.  

Overall the malaise of the last 3 seasons is there for all to see. No pace, no energy, no drive. We never imposed ourselves on the game and when we inevitably went behind it was game over. Against f*****g Dunfermline. 

Make no mistske, if this team continues to believe it's own bullshit then we'll be lucky to get out this division. 

kingantti1874
5 hours ago, Jarhead said:

Boyce isn’t gonna get service when he makes no ****ing effort to be anywhere near the box.  He is a massive part of the issue. 

and on the rare occasions he has ventured near the box his finishing has been shite..

That was smiths 4th game in 10 days in 4 different countries. In injury time last night he was sprinting back to tackle and get the ball back. He has a winning mentality.

the other players are slow, lazy or unfit...or all 3.

pathetic performance 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Team performance 3.

That centre back pairing is a baw hair from a calamity at any given moment. They were giving me the fear all night. 

Frear has the skills and physical presence of a 12 year old schoolgirl.  

Overall the malaise of the last 3 seasons is there for all to see. No pace, no energy, no drive. We never imposed ourselves on the game and when we inevitably went behind it was game over. Against f*****g Dunfermline. 

Make no mistske, if this team continues to believe it's own bullshit then we'll be lucky to get out this division. 

Agree with this. The performance was so characteristic of so many of the last few seasons. Everything is so slow and laboured, there is no desire to go forward quickly.

Say what you want about Stendel, but he tried to change the mindset from defensive to attacking, and high energy, and it just didn’t work. The players can’t play any other way.

Popescu and Halkett can’t play together. It’s been coming for a few games now and last night put the writing on the wall. If we are to have any chance in the final then Berra needs a run of games starting now. He’s not the answer long term but would clear away most of the high balls into the box. Celtics forwards will tear us a new one with our centre of defence all at sea. With a rub of the green, Dunfermline and Arbroath could’ve been out of sight so can only imagine what lies in wait next month. Our centre backs give me the fear.

Irving is our classiest player but has no urgency about him. The whole team looked pedestrian last night. Moore and Henderson thrived under stendel and I’d rather we tried them out than play with the likes of Frear, Roberts amd Walker who again, doesn’t look interested. When the going gets tough, he hides. Desperately needing a pivotal player in the middle and Halliday isn’t it. Wighton isn’t a winger and the only one that doesn’t know this is our coaches. Needs to be playing off Boyce and I don’t mean 30 yards.

Roberts should be released in the January window. Hopefully he has an injury clause that’s written into his loan deal.... and if he does then I can send the boys round to have a word with him. 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

24 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Popescu and Halkett can’t play together. It’s been coming for a few games now and last night put the writing on the wall. If we are to have any chance in the final then Berra needs a run of games starting now. He’s not the answer long term but would clear away most of the high balls into the box. Celtics forwards will tear us a new one with our centre of defence all at sea. With a rub of the green, Dunfermline and Arbroath could’ve been out of sight so can only imagine what lies in wait next month. Our centre backs give me the fear.

Irving is our classiest player but has no urgency about him. The whole team looked pedestrian last night. Moore and Henderson thrived under stendel and I’d rather we tried them out than play with the likes of Frear, Roberts amd Walker who again, doesn’t look interested. When the going gets tough, he hides. Desperately needing a pivotal player in the middle and Halliday isn’t it. Wighton isn’t a winger and the only one that doesn’t know this is our coaches. Needs to be playing off Boyce and I don’t mean 30 yards.

Roberts should be released in the January window. Hopefully he has an injury clause that’s written into his loan deal.... and if he does then I can send the boys round to have a word with him. 

Comedy post of the year/decade.

Nice one SJ.

:rofl:

Gordon 4

Smith 6

Halkett 4

Popescu 2

Kingsley 5

Lee 3

Halliday 3

Wighton 4

Naismith 4

Frear 3

Boyce 4

An uncharacteristic off night for Craig Gordon but he was far from the worst. 

We really missed Haring and if he was playing I don’t think we lose that midfield battle. The midfield were the main weak point of the team, Halliday and Lee were pedestrian, both completely outfought and outrun and were awful. 

Contrast that with Smith who was the one showing the most urgency and hurrying their players off the pitch when they were getting subbed at the end. I thought for a man of his age he showed incredible energy, he defended better than everyone else at the back, got forward well and after multiple days of travelling and playing international games. Our best player for me. 

Kingsley poor for one of their goals but took his header well and came close with free kicks. Looks a real danger from set pieces in every game and probably Neilson’s best signing.

Wighton, Naismith, and Boyce all anonymous and the latter pair missed guilt edged chances. Naismith won’t play for Scotland again.

Frear offered nothing apart from the free kick where the worst player on the pitch should have scored. 

Popescu I am yet to see him have a game where I have thought he looks impressive. I thought he was comfortably the worst player on the pitch for us last night. Poor distribution of the ball, at fault for one of their goals where he shirked his challenge, he constantly looks shaky and that has been in other games too, and he missed two chances he should have scored. I know Berra looks a shadow of the player he was but I would seriously be considering putting him in alongside Halkett for the next game. Either that or put Smith at centre back and Brandon at right back. Should be dropped. 

19 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Comedy post of the year/decade.

Nice one SJ.

:rofl:

We’ve got 4 weeks and 5 games to get our act together before the final. Going with a central pairing of Halkett and Popescu for that game is not the answer. We’ll be lucky to keep it to 4 at halftime with that pair. Eduard and Griffiths will run amok amd won’t miss the chances Dunfermline and Arbroath wasted. 

I’d be tempted to give Berra a run of two games, possibly the next two against Alloa and bring smith in as the other centre back with Haring in the centre mid role. Popescu and Halkett together is a centre forwards wet dream. 

Gordon Ramsay

Frear and Halliday wouldn't get above a 1 for me. Awful. 

Walker just runs about fouling people. 

Roberts is a terrible footballer. 

Wighton runs into people hoping for the best. 

Halkett and Popescu make Petric look like Cannavaro.

Neilson - slow, boring football with a lack of press when the opposition has the ball. Utter shite. 

Gordon - 4 Not much he could do 

Smith - 4 Done ok 

Kingsley - 4 got a goal

Halkett - 2 Rubbish 

Popescu - 2 Rubbish 

Halliday - 2 Rubbish 

Lee - 2 Rubbish  

Frear - 0 Barely a man 

Naismith - 2 Rubbish 

Wighton - 3 No use out wide 

Boyce - 3  Nah 

Roberts - 1 Utter pony 

Walker - 1 Never a professional footballer 

Irving - 1 I don’t see the hype 

jambogirlglasgow
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Gordon - 4 Not much he could do 

Smith - 4 Done ok 

Kingsley - 4 got a goal

Halkett - 2 Rubbish 

Popescu - 2 Rubbish 

Halliday - 2 Rubbish 

Lee - 2 Rubbish  

Frear - 0 Barely a man 

Naismith - 2 Rubbish 

Wighton - 3 No use out wide 

Boyce - 3  Nah 

Roberts - 1 Utter pony 

Walker - 1 Never a professional footballer 

Irving - 1 I don’t see the hype 

This is how I saw it.

portobellojambo1

Not going to score anyone, last night was a poor display, very poor display, but what is now important is what we, as a club, learn from it. Each game he is out Ginnelly is becoming more and more important to us, and his missing is also impacting on the likes of Michael Smith. It is right that peope were disappointed tonight by the likes of Boyce and Naismith. I didn't see the Northern Ireland game during the week but from reading comments on Facebook many thought he wouldn't make last night's game and maybe that was part of the problem. He/the club put him into the game when he maybe wasn't ready to play. Naismith is a forward, he is most dangerous in the opposition penalty area, so it is no surprise that he doesn't look the same player in midfield. I thought Halliday played well against Hibs, but last night he looked a bit lost and Popescu should be kept away from the opposition's penalty area, Halkett is a better option in there, and is more productive when he is the man winning the ball in the air. The important thing from last night is to forget what the punters all say, that we will stroll this league, adopt that attitude and assume we only have to turn up to do it and we will fail. It is all about hard work, from start to finish against all teams, and the players have to know that. Being honest, I think Dunfermline have done very well to get a hold of Steven Whittaker, he did a very good job for them. He was playing more the role I remember him playing while at Hibs in the same midfield as Brown and Thomson.

Edited by portobellojambo1

I give Doris the tea lady 3 as Janet in accounts really loved her Victoria Sponge.

Agnes in HR has to get at least a 6 as she has been having serious issues with her angina all week but she has fought through it.

Sylvia in hospitality was the real star as her youngest Brian just become a dad. Seemingly him and his wife Stacey were trying for 3 years.

A bad night for Betty in marketing as her curlers came out half way through Take the High Road. She was also on the phone to Phyliss at the time. Can you believe it! Phyliss always seems to phone her when the Highroad is on the wee bissom.

Morag from the shop gets a steady 4. She has had to put up with moving house this week.  With her back troubles it is a miracle she can even get up out of bed. That woman is just an inspiration.

Mary the physio gets a 2. She only had enough Everton Mints for the first half, but if you ask me, she kept some stashed in her handbag the little minx.

Edited by i8hibsh

24 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

We’ve got 4 weeks and 5 games to get our act together before the final. Going with a central pairing of Halkett and Popescu for that game is not the answer. We’ll be lucky to keep it to 4 at halftime with that pair. Eduard and Griffiths will run amok amd won’t miss the chances Dunfermline and Arbroath wasted. 

I’d be tempted to give Berra a run of two games, possibly the next two against Alloa and bring smith in as the other centre back with Haring in the centre mid role. Popescu and Halkett together is a centre forwards wet dream. 

You really think Berra turning like the titanic is the answer against Celtic's quick forwards?

I agree that Smith at centre back is certainly an option, but that leaves us very short at fullback cos Brandon isn't the answer.

26 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I think hanging your hat on that game is batshit mental if I'm being honest.

It's a bonus and possibly a poor distraction for the job in hand.

This place is currently a cringeworthy embarrassment and is making .net look credible. 

As for campaigning for Berra to get a start :rofl:

Pure comedy.

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I give Doris the tea lady 3 as Janet in accounts really loved her Victoria Sponge.

Agnes in HR has to get at least a 6 as she has been having serious issues with her angina all week but she has fought through it.

Sylvia in hospitality was the real star as her youngest Brian just become a dad. Seemingly him and his wife Stacey were trying for 3 years.

A bad night for Betty in marketing as her curlers came out half way through Take the High Road. She was also on the phone to Phyliss at the time. Can you believe it! Phyliss always seems to phone her when the Highroad is on the wee bissom.

Morag from the shop gets a steady 4. She has had to put up with moving house this week.  With her back troubles it is a miracle she can even get up out of bed. That woman is just an inspiration.

Mary the physio gets a 2. She only had enough Everton Mints for the first half, but if you ask me, she kept some stashed in her handbag the little minx.

Seek psychiatric help immediately. 

underwaterwoodwelder

Serious question why cant we raise our game to beat less inferior teams who obviously raise their game and see us as a scalp.

Until we get rid of that mentality nothing really matters about ratings.

2 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Agree with this. The performance was so characteristic of so many of the last few seasons. Everything is so slow and laboured, there is no desire to go forward quickly.

Say what you want about Stendel, but he tried to change the mindset from defensive to attacking, and high energy, and it just didn’t work. The players can’t play any other way.

Stendels team would’ve lost that game too. Only it would’ve been about 7-4. It wasn’t a case of him having a more attacking mindset, he just had a blatant disregard for defending in general.

31 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

😂😂😂

8 hours ago, Jarhead said:

‘Something’ is called our midfield...yes, I know Boyce has missed a couple of sitters, however he is feeding off scraps; our midfield has zero (and I mean zero) creativity. No pace, no desire to run with the ball, limited mobility, no width and no dangerous balls into the box. We just don’t seem to want to sign dynamic midfielders anymore. Year after year strikers come and strikers go, having failed to deliver, however I believe much of the fault lies in our midfield. We just don’t give our strikers any decent service.

Edited by combo74