Jump to content

Robbie Neilson


best in the land

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Smith's right boot

    57

  • Bongo 1874

    40

  • Pasquale for King

    33

  • soonbe110

    31

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Was a poor performance and the worst thing was that they looked hungrier from the start to the finish.

 

That’s what will worry Neilson the most. However too many are soiling their keeks over one bad result.

 

Is it possible to be critical without blowing everything out of proportion?!
 

It’s also that despite the hibs result there’s quietly clearly a handful of fans who will never support Robbie regardless of results. They’ll stay quiet when we’re winning and will be the first to tell you they told you so when we lose. All a bit sad really.

Most don't even wait till final whistle before they post their anti Neilson garbage. Presume mixture of folk who hate Mrs B for dragging club into 21st century and stopping their party songs (the phoodle and plane brigade) and those who can't handle losing to Hibs in cup few years back, despite us beating them in semi. 

You are right though, it is sad, almost pathetically sad, to see people unable to move on and support the club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

6 out the 14 players who played including Gordon, Lee was one of NINETEEN players signed in the summer of 2018.

Correct, well done. Five I mentioned plus Robert’s as sub. I was just correcting the other posters comments re 7 starters last night. Not sure I see the relevance of your Lee comment though, must be missing something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874
2 hours ago, May one-six said:

If you think we played good football in any of the games I've mentioned then your assessment of good football differs wildly from mine. The Hamilton and Motherwell games in particular were horrendous viewing. And I've also remembered the home game against Kilmarnock in which we were also garbage. Stendel might have had a way of playing but when he applied it at Hearts the results were generally piss poor.

Yeah at times we weren't good but games at home against Aberdeen, etc were great to watch the only games in my opinion we weren't great were hibs at home and stmirren away and if you analysis they game we we're the better team in them and created more chances than both teams in those games. 

 

Stendel needed time I'll put this on record now while Gerrard is at rangers, and if we get promoted and go back up we won't get anywhere near them. 

 

Stendel needed time and could've convinced players to come to us, the calibre such as mowatt, sibbick etc. 

 

Which would of taken us to being recognised as best of the rest outwith, the old firm and more than capable of mounting a serious title challenge against them. 

 

Mowatt didn't sign a new deal with Barnsley they activated 1 year optional contract clause, I'm told Stendel had talks with him and his agent to get him here on a pre contract, before covid came about. 

 

Mowatt wanted a chance to play European football and hopefully, give himself a chance of getting into the National team. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
OldGorgie
8 hours ago, iainmac said:

We've known since we ended up in the Championship that every other club would treat our games as a Cup Final so why should that be a surprise now? I'm not sure if the players thought last night was just a "turn up & win" game but they didn't look particularly motivated to me. Dunfermline looked fitter & hungrier to me - that in itself is a disgrace IMO.

Agree 100%

Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender
50 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Most don't even wait till final whistle before they post their anti Neilson garbage. Presume mixture of folk who hate Mrs B for dragging club into 21st century and stopping their party songs (the phoodle and plane brigade) and those who can't handle losing to Hibs in cup few years back, despite us beating them in semi. 

You are right though, it is sad, almost pathetically sad, to see people unable to move on and support the club. 

 

Couldn't agree more with this. They are total sad-sacks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Correct, well done. Five I mentioned plus Robert’s as sub. I was just correcting the other posters comments re 7 starters last night. Not sure I see the relevance of your Lee comment though, must be missing something. 

The relevance is that it was RN's decision to bring him back when it looked for al the world that he would have moved back to England for this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Most don't even wait till final whistle before they post their anti Neilson garbage.

 

I usually have a first draft ready before kick off tbf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
thecarnbeejambo

losing games will happen, however its the manner of the defeat that hurts, we have been woeful for most of the season dundee, hibs obvious exception. pundits say we have the best squad but that means nothing unless we play as a team, robbie seemed to throw players on and change the shape, more in hope to be honest.dunfermlines work rate was terrific,we had not one player capable of playing a pass that caused them problems, unlucky with deflected goal and we hit the bar twice,against that they had good chances as well. could someone tell me why naismith chose to pass ( or try to pass ) to a player in a worse position.dont even want to think about boyce and his customery miss. never mind we are hearts supporters and hate a moan to ourselves.. HHGH.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bunny Munro

Losing games was always going to happen. But last time around it was February before we lost our first game. And we'd played Hibs and Rangers twice in that time - both playing with premiership squads. 

 

Our decision to not bring in an extra striker looks like it's going to come back to hurt us. Boyce actually has an OK record (1 in 3) since joining, but with two penalties and a heavy deflection making up the majority of his goals. We need him to score chances like the one he got last night, the 1 on 1 with Marciano, the one where he won his penalty Vs Dundee.

 

We knew a real concern going into this season was our lack of pace and decent wingers. We signed 3, which seemed reasonable, but Roberts has been dreadful (and played central more than wide), Frear has been even worse. Ginnelly has looks good so far, and beyond that Aidy White has been our best winger. Aidy fecking White. For the record, I'd play White and Moore ahead of Frear and Roberts. The truth is we lost Ginnelly and haven't been the same since - Hibs game aside.

 

I think Haliday will come good, I think Lee has a place, and I think Popescu will be fine for this year, maybe more if he settles down. But we're looking at another rebuild in the summer. 7/8 players required, more if contracts aren't extended.

Edited by Bunny Munro
Link to post
Share on other sites
fancy a brew
38 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The relevance is that it was RN's decision to bring him back when it looked for al the world that he would have moved back to England for this season.

 

Robbie didn't decide to bring him back, his loan spell had expired long before Neilson took over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
43 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The relevance is that it was RN's decision to bring him back when it looked for al the world that he would have moved back to England for this season.

Do you know if he had other offers down south? I suspect not. We didn’t bring him back, he came back after his loan expired to see out the remaining year of his contract with us. If Neilson had the opportunity to let Lee go and bring in another midfielder I’m pretty sure he would have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland

Robbie is not the messiah but he is a better bet to get us out of this league than the 3 managers before him!

We do not have the fabulous squad that some on here think we have - this is going to be a tough league where we are going to have to scrap for every win! Talk of walking it needs to end now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Robbie is not the messiah but he is a better bet to get us out of this league than the 3 managers before him!

We do not have the fabulous squad that some on here think we have - this is going to be a tough league where we are going to have to scrap for every win! Talk of walking it needs to end now.

 

Agreed, we have only a few players who would be regular starters for clubs in the top league this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Independence
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Most don't even wait till final whistle before they post their anti Neilson garbage. Presume mixture of folk who hate Mrs B for dragging club into 21st century and stopping their party songs (the phoodle and plane brigade) and those who can't handle losing to Hibs in cup few years back, despite us beating them in semi. 

You are right though, it is sad, almost pathetically sad, to see people unable to move on and support the club. 

Top post! It's pathetic but thankfully KB is NOT a true reflection of Hearts fans views. It is a social media outlet open to abuse from opposing fans (and there are plenty of H1b5 fans on this thread and most others) and Hearts fans with other agendas!!! One defeat this season, a cup final to look forward to, after beating our closest rivals (again) and the club doing it's best under extremely challenging circumstances. Last nights performance was poor but we will improve. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
billybalfour

It seems to me that the start to the season has been very disruptive.He has had to plan for LC ties where we have made 7 or 8 changes to the normal set up. We have had to factor in a must win SC tie against Hibs when we were way short of preparation compared to them.We have had 3 players away on international duty for 10 days before a top of the table clash away from home with the players only returning 24 hours before KO.I don't think any other team in the Championship has had that to contend with.We are still trying to bed players in and I am pretty sure Robbie will suss out who is up to it over the next 3 to 4 games.Come Tuesday night we will be one point off the top.It reminds me of the years we have made a great start to the league only to look over our shoulder and the OF are only 2 or 3 points behind.

This squad will win the league fairly comfortably in the end but it might be January before we break clear as Dunfermline might hang on to us for a while.If we need another striker come January I am sure the funds will be found.

My main concern was that the league wouldn't be completed but with the news about the vaccine I feel a lot more relaxed now.

100% confident we will win the league if it is played to a finish.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you know if he had other offers down south? I suspect not. We didn’t bring him back, he came back after his loan expired to see out the remaining year of his contract with us. If Neilson had the opportunity to let Lee go and bring in another midfielder I’m pretty sure he would have. 

You're right.  I don't know.  Just what I had been reading and if it was the Sun, it must be true😀

Edited by JamboAl
Link to post
Share on other sites
will-i-am-a-jambo
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah at times we weren't good but games at home against Aberdeen, etc were great to watch the only games in my opinion we weren't great were hibs at home and stmirren away and if you analysis they game we we're the better team in them and created more chances than both teams in those games. 

 

Stendel needed time I'll put this on record now while Gerrard is at rangers, and if we get promoted and go back up we won't get anywhere near them. 

 

Stendel needed time and could've convinced players to come to us, the calibre such as mowatt, sibbick etc. 

 

Which would of taken us to being recognised as best of the rest outwith, the old firm and more than capable of mounting a serious title challenge against them. 

 

Mowatt didn't sign a new deal with Barnsley they activated 1 year optional contract clause, I'm told Stendel had talks with him and his agent to get him here on a pre contract, before covid came about. 

 

Mowatt wanted a chance to play European football and hopefully, give himself a chance of getting into the National team. 

 

 

 

 

No offence but that's just pure fantasia. There's no evidence to suggest Stendel would've turned it around. I agree he was dealt a bad hand but it took ages for him to decide that Pereira wasn't good enough and it cost us dearly. Fwiw l liked Stendel but just believe he was at Hearts at the wrong time.

 

lts time to move on from him and back and support Robbie. Statistically he's won 8 out of 9 games whilst the performances haven't been great which caught up with us yesterday. Let's see how this team reacts in the next game before writing them off (not aimed at you specifically). I'm hoping we get a reaction like last time when we were in the Championship and lost points to Falkirk we then went on to skoosh this league.

Edited by will-i-am-a-jambo
Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

 

No offence but that's just pure fantasia. There's no evidence to suggest Stendel would've turned it around. I agree he was dealt a bad hand but it took ages for him to decide that Pereira wasn't good enough and it cost us dearly. Fwiw l liked Stendel but just believe he was at Hearts at the wrong time.

 

lts time to move on from him and back and support Robbie. Statistically he's won 8 out of 9 games whilst the performances haven't been great which caught up with us yesterday. Let's see how this team reacts in the next game before writing them off (not aimed at you specifically). I'm hoping we get a reaction like last time when we were in the Championship and lost points to Falkirk we then went on to skoosh this league.

Stand by my opinion mate 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
will-i-am-a-jambo
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Stand by my opinion mate 👍

 

Fair enough bud. I tend to look forward rather than back (unless you need to learn from past mistakes lol).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

 

No offence but that's just pure fantasia. There's no evidence to suggest Stendel would've turned it around. I agree he was dealt a bad hand but it took ages for him to decide that Pereira wasn't good enough and it cost us dearly. Fwiw l liked Stendel but just believe he was at Hearts at the wrong time.

 

lts time to move on from him and back and support Robbie. Statistically he's won 8 out of 9 games whilst the performances haven't been great which caught up with us yesterday. Let's see how this team reacts in the next game before writing them off (not aimed at you specifically). I'm hoping we get a reaction like last time when we were in the Championship and lost points to Falkirk we then went on to skoosh this league.


We were 20 games in when we lost to Falkirk ffs :rofl:

Link to post
Share on other sites
will-i-am-a-jambo
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:


We were 20 games in when we lost to Falkirk ffs :rofl:

 

My point still stands though regardless the number of games. As l say let's see how this team reacts in the next game before making judgement. If we win great, if we lose then l may start to worry!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Correct, well done. Five I mentioned plus Robert’s as sub. I was just correcting the other posters comments re 7 starters last night. Not sure I see the relevance of your Lee comment though, must be missing something. 

Yeah I try not to engage with that poster. He said RN signed Lee which of course he didn’t, Lee did have options down South but we may have had to pay him to go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King

Just thinking about our squad and how Neilson mentioned the formation would be 4231 in September I think. Now he must’ve recruited with that formation in mind, I’m not sure that without Ginnelly we have the players to play that system, which is a mistake one way or the other to say that before you finish signings or not gauging what we have. 
Does anyone actually know our best team and what formation to use 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just thinking about our squad and how Neilson mentioned the formation would be 4231 in September I think. Now he must’ve recruited with that formation in mind, I’m not sure that without Ginnelly we have the players to play that system, which is a mistake one way or the other to say that before you finish signings or not gauging what we have. 
Does anyone actually know our best team and what formation to use 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?

Steve Crawford apparently does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hearts1975
On 21/11/2020 at 13:00, Pasquale for King said:

I would’ve liked Stendel to stay but I just don’t think we could get rid of enough of the squad to get his type of players in. Results and performances like tonight got the last three managers the sack, Neilson will need to work out soon who he can rely on and try to ship the others out, which won’t be easy. 

At least Neilson isn't handing out 4 year deals!. That's something. What was it, 2 years for Roberts and one year for Frear ? Ginelly is on loan for the season with an option to make permanent. That's the only one I would keep on and out of the 3 in all honesty. Frear is one that I just cant see making it with us at all. The Central areas - Too much chopping and changing for my liking. We really need to settle a bit on positions and players for this area. 

Hopefully it's just a bad day at the office. Everyone of us would accept a defeat but the seethe is there is spades and because a lot of the players never broke sweat. That type of attitude just fuels the fire and you can accept that. 

Better getting it out our system now rather than later.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maple Leaf
3 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

 

My point still stands though regardless the number of games. As l say let's see how this team reacts in the next game before making judgement. If we win great, if we lose then l may start to worry!

 

If we lose at home to Alloa then you MAY start to worry?  If we lose at home to Alloa then alarm bells should be ringing loudly throughout the Hearts nation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

At least Neilson isn't handing out 4 year deals!. That's something. What was it, 2 years for Roberts and one year for Frear ? Ginelly is on loan for the season with an option to make permanent. That's the only one I would keep on and out of the 3 in all honesty. Frear is one that I just cant see making it with us at all. The Central areas - Too much chopping and changing for my liking. We really need to settle a bit on positions and players for this area. 

Hopefully it's just a bad day at the office. Everyone of us would accept a defeat but the seethe is there is spades and because a lot of the players never broke sweat. That type of attitude just fuels the fire and you can accept that. 

Better getting it out our system now rather than later.  

Thankfully only a year, it’s the after a long trial but that’s a bit worrying with Frear, a 30 year old who looks like a lost wee boy. 
Roberts looked good against Dundee but hardly ever any other time. I said he will be a boo boys target as soon as fans get back after seeing him constantly turn back or lose the ball. 
Can only hope it’s a poor one off game, but the performances haven’t been great apart from that Dundee game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I try not to engage with that poster. He said RN signed Lee which of course he didn’t, Lee did have options down South but we may have had to pay him to go. 

👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I try not to engage with that poster. He said RN signed Lee which of course he didn’t, Lee did have options down South but we may have had to pay him to go. 

That poster would prefer not to engage with you but chooses to to do so if only to challenge some of the biased drivel you spout.

You have said it is easy to get rid of players and Lee is still here.  That strongly suggests RN rates him.

You can't have it both ways!

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
18 hours ago, BigAlim said:

6 pages after one defeat and 9 victories :rofl:

 

It is so predictable.

 

Exactly the same with Levein within one game. Regardless of how that worked out, some people on here soil themselves at the first bad result, and thereafter are after the manager's head.

 

Lets see how we react with our next game.  Hopefully we can get Haring and Ginelly back to see us through until January.

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That poster would prefer not to engage with you but chooses to to do so if only to challenge some of the biased drivel you spout.

You have said it is easy to get rid of players and Lee is still here.  That strongly suggests RN rates him.

You can't have it both ways!

 

It isn't easy to get rid of players on lucrative contracts.  Generally unless they get a better offer elsewhere you need to pay off their contract or let them sit it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

See the half wits are out after one defeat . 

For what it's worth Robbie can't legislate for a performance like that from Boyce , Naismith , Walker etc , they were truly horrific along work most others . 

Thats the first time we've came up against any sort of quality and we've came unstuck . A good few of these will eventually be binned after Robbie susses them out . They've already done for 3 managers . 

Its a case of trying to find the correct blend and getting promoted an exceptionally hard task given the jokers that are still hanging about the club 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Leveins Battalion

I'm personally delighted to have Robbie here,if anything I would chuck Halkett up front for a game with Boyce and bring Berra back in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, ramrod said:

See the half wits are out after one defeat . 

For what it's worth Robbie can't legislate for a performance like that from Boyce , Naismith , Walker etc , they were truly horrific along work most others . 

Thats the first time we've came up against any sort of quality and we've came unstuck . A good few of these will eventually be binned after Robbie susses them out . They've already done for 3 managers . 

Its a case of trying to find the correct blend and getting promoted an exceptionally hard task given the jokers that are still hanging about the club 


I agree with the sentiment here overall , but he has to take responsibility for Friday. Naismith wants to play 10, Boyce is always dropping to play 10, we play Wighton - who shouldn’t be anywhere but up front on the right wing!! Why - it doesn’t work that has been proven time and time again. We play Frear sorry- I’d be raging if I was Lewis Moore or Euan Henderson.. NEITHER are works beaters.. both are better than Frear
 

result, no width, no pace and Boyce and Naismith getting in each other’s way or trying to play intricate little passes 40 yards from goal..

 

 

Edited by kingantti1874
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

It isn't easy to get rid of players on lucrative contracts.  Generally unless they get a better offer elsewhere you need to pay off their contract or let them sit it out.

It isn't easy to get rid of players on ANY comtract.  Several factors come into play like

- is there an offer(s) on the table from elsewhere?

- is that offer better or at least acceptable?

- do I want to move down a division (possibly)?

- to what extent are my family circumstances affected?

there will be many more considerations

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:


I agree with the sentiment here overall , but he has to take responsibility for Friday. Naismith wants to play 10, Boyce is always dropping to play 10, we play Wighton - who shouldn’t be anywhere but up front on the right wing!! Why - it doesn’t work that has been proven time and time again. We play Frear sorry- I’d be raging if I was Lewis Moore or Euan Henderson.. NEITHER are works beaters.. both are better than Frear
 

result, no width, no pace and Boyce and Naismith getting in each other’s way or trying to play intricate little passes 40 yards from goal..

 

 

 

Mistakes were definitely made, much as you point out, I'm not denying that but the attempts on this thread to crucify him are beyond ridiculous.

 

I think the bigger problem was the tempo and attempt to play too many passes as I posted the other day.  Taking three passes to get the ball out to the wide player is beyond ridicoulous as that player will be covered by two players by the time the ball eventually gets there.

 

The other big concern is our inability to defend set pieces.  It cost us last season and looks just as weak this season.  Halkett just isn't good enough defensively.

Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

 

Mistakes were definitely made, much as you point out, I'm not denying that but the attempts on this thread to crucify him are beyond ridiculous.

 

I think the bigger problem was the tempo and attempt to play too many passes as I posted the other day.  Taking three passes to get the ball out to the wide player is beyond ridicoulous as that player will be covered by two players by the time the ball eventually gets there.

 

The other big concern is our inability to defend set pieces.  It cost us last season and looks just as weak this season.  Halkett just isn't good enough defensively.


Agreed. I have to say I was surprised as Robbie has been very clear that he wanted to play with width and pace, yet sent a team out which would do the exact opposite. Have to say I was massively disappointed..

 

I still believe Robbie is the right man and I still hope he does a Derek Mcinnes for us and stays for a long time

Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:


Agreed. I have to say I was surprised as Robbie has been very clear that he wanted to play with width and pace, yet sent a team out which would do the exact opposite. Have to say I was massively disappointed..

 

I still believe Robbie is the right man and I still hope he does a Derek Mcinnes for us and stays for a long time

 

Exactly.

 

Those calling for his head should be careful what they wish for after the shitshow that happened after he left.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:


Agreed. I have to say I was surprised as Robbie has been very clear that he wanted to play with width and pace, yet sent a team out which would do the exact opposite. Have to say I was massively disappointed..

 

I still believe Robbie is the right man and I still hope he does a Derek Mcinnes for us and stays for a long time

Width works only if you take on a defender and more importantly beat them. All I saw was a back pass. Frear and Wighton ain't good enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:


I agree with the sentiment here overall , but he has to take responsibility for Friday. Naismith wants to play 10, Boyce is always dropping to play 10, we play Wighton - who shouldn’t be anywhere but up front on the right wing!! Why - it doesn’t work that has been proven time and time again. We play Frear sorry- I’d be raging if I was Lewis Moore or Euan Henderson.. NEITHER are works beaters.. both are better than Frear
 

result, no width, no pace and Boyce and Naismith getting in each other’s way or trying to play intricate little passes 40 yards from goal..

 

 

I suspect they didn’t follow instructions first half Friday hence the positional changes at ht and then the very quick substitution second half. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No issue with Robbie. All I want is an attacking midfielder who creates things. We’ve got far too many holding/defensive mids. There must be a few out there  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

No issue with Robbie. All I want is an attacking midfielder who creates things. We’ve got far too many holding/defensive mids. There must be a few out there  

I and many others have been saying this for quite a few years now.

I honestly can't understand why we havent brought in that type of player.

Other teams manage to get them, so it's not as if they're not out there.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
wattie exploited
48 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

No issue with Robbie. All I want is an attacking midfielder who creates things. We’ve got far too many holding/defensive mids. There must be a few out there  

exactly this :rifle:

Link to post
Share on other sites
This is My Story Podcast

We had our pal, the Dunfermline fan on the podcast before the season started. He said that having watched Neilson’s United side and us not having Shankland, he could see us struggling to deal with the championship due to the boring way Neilson sets up and style of play. We slagged him and laughed him off the pod. We had him on this week pre match and he said that he’d watched our games and thought we looked bang average and that he felt Dunfermline would be a massive threat from set plays and would be more energetic in the middle of the park than us. We slagged him and laughed him off the podcast. He called it months ago.

 

I like Robbie, he has seemed different this time round from the first time so hopefully we see a big reaction on Tuesday. We aren’t calling for his head, just want to see a reaction to a obvious disappointment. The league we are playing in is gang and it’s not unachievable for a club our size to go the campaign from now undefeated. We didn’t lose till the 25th of January the last

time we played in the Vida League, the Vida League that included Rangers, Hibs and a good Falkirk. 20 games without defeat. We’ve played 4 league games and lost our first real test in the league, that’s simply not good enough for Hearts and I don’t care if anyone thinks that opinion is wrong. We’ve been back longer than all the other clubs and should have the edge to beat every side in this league home and away. Hopefully the players have had a bollocking and we see a much improved side on Tuesday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
OldGorgie
3 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

We had our pal, the Dunfermline fan on the podcast before the season started. He said that having watched Neilson’s United side and us not having Shankland, he could see us struggling to deal with the championship due to the boring way Neilson sets up and style of play. We slagged him and laughed him off the pod. We had him on this week pre match and he said that he’d watched our games and thought we looked bang average and that he felt Dunfermline would be a massive threat from set plays and would be more energetic in the middle of the park than us. We slagged him and laughed him off the podcast. He called it months ago.

 

I like Robbie, he has seemed different this time round from the first time so hopefully we see a big reaction on Tuesday. We aren’t calling for his head, just want to see a reaction to a obvious disappointment. The league we are playing in is gang and it’s not unachievable for a club our size to go the campaign from now undefeated. We didn’t lose till the 25th of January the last

time we played in the Vida League, the Vida League that included Rangers, Hibs and a good Falkirk. 20 games without defeat. We’ve played 4 league games and lost our first real test in the league, that’s simply not good enough for Hearts and I don’t care if anyone thinks that opinion is wrong. We’ve been back longer than all the other clubs and should have the edge to beat every side in this league home and away. Hopefully the players have had a bollocking and we see a much improved side on Tuesday. 

Absolute nonsense. We saw off Hibs, destroyed Dundee and yes we had bad night on Friday but to compare that with five years ago is fanciful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Riccarton3
On 21/11/2020 at 19:37, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Robbie is not the messiah but he is a better bet to get us out of this league than the 3 managers before him!

We do not have the fabulous squad that some on here think we have - this is going to be a tough league where we are going to have to scrap for every win! Talk of walking it needs to end now.

 

I think slot of teams will take points of each other

Link to post
Share on other sites
And he’s not praying!
3 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

We had our pal, the Dunfermline fan on the podcast before the season started. He said that having watched Neilson’s United side and us not having Shankland, he could see us struggling to deal with the championship due to the boring way Neilson sets up and style of play. We slagged him and laughed him off the pod. We had him on this week pre match and he said that he’d watched our games and thought we looked bang average and that he felt Dunfermline would be a massive threat from set plays and would be more energetic in the middle of the park than us. We slagged him and laughed him off the podcast. He called it months ago.

 

I like Robbie, he has seemed different this time round from the first time so hopefully we see a big reaction on Tuesday. We aren’t calling for his head, just want to see a reaction to a obvious disappointment. The league we are playing in is gang and it’s not unachievable for a club our size to go the campaign from now undefeated. We didn’t lose till the 25th of January the last

time we played in the Vida League, the Vida League that included Rangers, Hibs and a good Falkirk. 20 games without defeat. We’ve played 4 league games and lost our first real test in the league, that’s simply not good enough for Hearts and I don’t care if anyone thinks that opinion is wrong. We’ve been back longer than all the other clubs and should have the edge to beat every side in this league home and away. Hopefully the players have had a bollocking and we see a much improved side on Tuesday. 


If this is the kind of ill informed, arrogant shite that’s on your podcast I’ll be staying well clear. 👍🏻

 

 

Edited by And he’s not praying!
Spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...