Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

In the league Paulo was bang average bud.. and I really like him as well.. 

george burley was fantastic of course.. but we had a squad that would cost what? £30 million to put together in today’s money.. 🤷‍♂️ That will never happen again

Yeah but there was mitigated circumstances that season, he was and is a modern day thorough coach. As Neilson is. 
I think I liked the way Burley set his team up too, even with less money it’s how I want us to play. Neilson does it on occasion, he does have a wonderful record for us but I think it’s easy to moan and forget that when things occasionally go wrong. A win against Hibs in our biggest game of the season and the draw with the quadruple trebling Celtic and coming agonisingly close to winning was pretty good really. Another good cup run and getting the title sewn up early would be great. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Embarrassment for anyone critical of Neilson at Hearts. 

Had his moments for sure, but the record is pretty impressive. 

Not that I want the Championship to be his barometer but 117 goals in 44 games is pretty impressive. 

We scored plenty upon promotion too. His Achilles heel is cup games. 

Some mixed messages so far,  hope for his sake, he is able to go deep in the Scottish 

Cup games have been ok this season, only takes 1 to go badly though like Alloa. I would fancy us against any of the teams left in it, which is annoying . My biggest bug bear about 2016 was missing out on a great opportunity to win it ourselves. 
A bit of luck could see another two trips to Hampden, not much to fear really as the title race takes precedence for the uglies. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Longbaws said:

They say opinions are like arseholes

And dare I say it, some Hearts fans are complete and utter opinions 

:naughty:

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Embarrassment for anyone critical of Neilson at Hearts. 

Had his moments for sure, but the record is pretty impressive. 

Not that I want the Championship to be his barometer but 117 goals in 44 games is pretty impressive. 

We scored plenty upon promotion too. His Achilles heel is cup games. 

Some mixed messages so far,  hope for his sake, he is able to go deep in the Scottish 

Fair appraisal. 

Bazzas right boot

The fact this thread exists is ridiculous. 

We had  2 mega threads over 3 years  on Cl, I wonder if this will beat it. 

Tragic. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Stendel cost us big time by persisting in playing spaghetti fingers. 

Zlamal is shite, but nowhere near as shite as that other feckin liability.

Nice bloke or not, that will always rankle with me.

Yes that was poor, the two men before him did so too. I think we thought Gordon was coming back in January and didn’t look elsewhere. Imagine seeing the three GKs we had when you arrive at a club? 
That hopeless ******* should’ve been sent back to his horrible club in January and I hope we never get another useless ***** off them ever again. 

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yet oddly, our new goalkeeper who is pretty much untouchable conceded 3 today and has steadily declined playing behind a very similar back 4 to the majority of last season. 

While I'm confident CGs sphincter won't collapse like last year's effort it's no coincidence he's not looking great. 

7 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Yet oddly, our new goalkeeper who is pretty much untouchable conceded 3 today and has steadily declined playing behind a very similar back 4 to the majority of last season. 

While I'm confident CGs sphincter won't collapse like last year's effort it's no coincidence he's not looking great. 

He does make saves though unlike Pereira. He hasn’t lost many bad goals imo. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good point, still like a moan about him though 😆
Put up with him for ten years as a player though. 
Burley was ok, Sergio too. 

Teams assembled with money we didn't have!

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Teams assembled with money we didn't have!

Unlike the millions we’ve wasted recently that came from the FoH and benefactors, that’s much better right enough 🙈

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Unlike the millions we’ve wasted recently that came from the FoH and benefactors, that’s much better right enough 🙈

You have this nonsense on the brain.

When you receive money in gifts, donations or from benefactors, it's yours.  When you spend money you don't have, that's debt.  Couldn't even pay our own players.  Is that the yardstick you live by and want for HMFC?

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You have this nonsense on the brain.

When you receive money in gifts, donations or from benefactors, it's yours.  When you spend money you don't have, that's debt.  Couldn't even pay our own players.  Is that the yardstick you live by and want for HMFC?

Yes it’s rude to waste it though, especially when you need those people to

keep giving you money. 
As for not paying our players we did that until 2011. 
Why don’t we give back the two cups we won then. Have you finally outed yourself as a Hibee? 
Do you understand how clubs that win things work? I challenge you to go and find one single club in Europe that’s won anything recently that isn’t in debt and paying their players more than they should, even before Covid.

Yeah be explained this simple point to you before, you Ill informed crushing bore. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I dont think he’s been poor at all, even with the two CHs in front of him that aren’t really up to it. 
You could say he didn’t do as well as he possibly could’ve last week only guessing right twice in six penalties faced, by players he knows inside out. But then he said he’s only saved three in his career before last Sunday, which is strange considering how good he is. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes it’s rude to waste it though, especially when you need those people to

keep giving you money. 
As for not paying our players we did that until 2011. 
Why don’t we give back the two cups we won then. Have you finally outed yourself as a Hibee? 
Do you understand how clubs that win things work? I challenge you to go and find one single club in Europe that’s won anything recently that isn’t in debt and paying their players more than they should, even before Covid. 

No but you've outed yourself as a slaver.

I'm not remotely interested in what other clubs do.  It's what HMFC do that concerns me and I would rather win things in a healthy financial position than open the floodgates on a whim and a prayer.

FWIW there is manageable debt and outrageous spending which was what happened when Romanov was in charge so much so that we were unable to retain Sergio.  That's sound economics, isn't it?

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Like I get some folk feel DS was hard done by due to the Covid shutdown and I personally liked the guy and wanted it to work but it's almost like theres people on here who now want RN to actually fail so they can go "I told you so", and when that isn't happening they start to microanalyse & nit pick at everything the club do in order to back up their shite opinions even if theres F all there.

DS was a failure, dissapointingly. We are Hearts. We move on

Not long until the window opens and Robbie can shape his squad even more.

I do think Moore is worthy of a shot more than Roberts and Frear. I still find it puzzling why he’s been left out. He bulked up and looked a new man after dealing with his father’s death.

Anyway despite the bumpy game yesterday it was fun to watch. Hopefully only another 5 months of this and then back in the top flight with fans again. It’d be even better if Robbie got us there a month or two early so we can focus on the cup.

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Clever way of calling me an arsehole, lets get this clear Neilson wasn’t a great player. 

Great tackle in the 06 cup final.

10 hours ago, boag1874 said:

The fact there's folk that are still using a derby collapse that happened *checks notes* coming up 5 EFFING YEARS AGO as a stick to beat Robbie with shows that there's really not a whole lot of ammunition atm. 

And will continue to beat him with that stick despite this year’s win.

He’ll never win some of them over 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

He also let the high press go too long. We absolutely chucked a game against St Johnstone by failing to adapt during the game. 

2 down at home to Hamilton in a game that needed winning. He eventually did learn, I don't blame him, he could not have foreseen what was about to transpire, but he was a bit reckless in the first 2 months.

Clever way of calling me an arsehole, lets get this clear Neilson wasn’t a great player. 

He was far from a great player. Makes everything he achieved all the more impressive. Scottish cup winner, dozens of European appearances, Scotland cap. All down to hard work, determination and making the most of what he had. Good values for a manager to have don’t you think?

11 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Did you expect us to sort it out though? I wasn't so sure at the time, and that's against Ayr United. 

Yeah I did to be honest.

There seems to be a bit of a

”We’ll be fine against these” attitude which needs to be addressed but there are players here now who can change games with their introduction.

Naismith, Haring and, surprise surprise Wighton yesterday.

These players getting injured is a worry and it’d be lovely to get rid of the complacency that requires a fight back 

Bazzas right boot

Sometimes I think we have the best fans, then I read threads like this. 

The lengths some go to in order  play down Robbie Neilson is  utterly embarrassing. 

Beyond Parody. 

10 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

they are bizarre ***** 😂, probably jambos who started supporting hearts in 2005 /2006 and have a weird warped view of reality and expectations that we can still attract players like Janny, Rudi etc. 

but no no, we should bin him and go back a get Stendel (who I liked btw) but a guy who only realised after he left he should probably have played to the strengths of the players we had, rather than the players he wanted.. and without doubt played a part in the outcome of last season..

still he went balls deep in every minute of every fixture. I miss watching teams simply wait for a deflection or a ball over the top and we were completely ****ed.

it was very entertaining watching hearts get hosed by everyone 😂😂😂😂

First paragraph is spot on.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What a creepy wee edit.

Bizarre. 

No really.  You're still obsessed with defending the clown and try and belittle anyone who correctly calls him out. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Last Laff said:

No really.  You're still obsessed with defending the clown and try and belittle anyone who correctly calls him out. 

Where have I defended CL on this thread? 

I was talking about Robbie. 

WTF you on about CL for? 

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Where have I defended CL on this thread? 

I was talking about Robbie. 

WTF you on about CL for? 

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The fact this thread exists is ridiculous. 

We had  2 mega threads over 3 years  on Cl, I wonder if this will beat it. 

Tragic. 

You can't help yourself. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You can't help yourself. 

That's not defending CL.... 

That's comparing this embarrassing thread to the other embarrassing thread that existed about another manager. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's not defending CL.... 

That's comparing this embarrassing thread to the other embarrassing thread that existed about another manager. 

Yes it is.  It's saying it was embarrassing having that size of mega thread on a utter failure of a manager and DOF, trying to belittle others opinions.  Why mention Levein at all on a thread on Neilson?  You're happy enough to jump in and stick the boot into Stendel too at every opportunity, like Levein somehow was better for HMFC. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Last Laff said:

Yes it is.  It's saying it was embarrassing having that size of mega thread on a utter failure of a manager and DOF, trying to belittle others opinions.  Why mention Levein at all on a thread on Neilson?  You're happy enough to jump in and stick the boot into Stendel too at every opportunity, like Levein somehow was better for HMFC. 

Ffs, you are hard work. 

There was a thread started weeks into cl's appointment, the same as this thread about Robbie. 

Utterly embarrassing to have a ongoing thread from early days on any manager ripping him.

This thread is utterly embarrassing, I have no desire to debate the merit of cl, he hasn't managed us for well over a year. 

If you want to debate CL, start a thread on him. 

kingantti1874

you mean the money used to secure the future of the club and secure the future of tynecastle? That money 

very short memory

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, DS98 said:

He was far from a great player. Makes everything he achieved all the more impressive. Scottish cup winner, dozens of European appearances, Scotland cap. All down to hard work, determination and making the most of what he had. Good values for a manager to have don’t you think?

Indeed, in another thread I questioned what he saw in Frear and Roberts as they are the exact opposite of what he was as a player, managers often pick players that are in the same mould as them. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, DS98 said:

Go and remind me what those 9 games were?

4 games in the championship, 5 cup ties. 2 wins where they missed a penalty in both. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Great tackle in the 06 cup final.

Yeah if you could use your magic wand and scroll up you would see we covered that and I agreed with that at least twice. Great penalty too, great goal in Basel. That pretty much sums up his ten years playing for the club. 

I think Robbie is a good manager and will win us this league at a canter, he's not perfect though and yesterday showed that. I don't believe there is one Hearts fan who seen that lineup yesterday and thought " that's the team for me" Frear and Roberts in the same team? Two passengers out of eleven is silly, why not go the whole hog and play Walker alongside them?  He has his blind spots but let's hope they don't last as long as Levein's. let's hope the two players he's talking about bringing in are good enough for next seasons challenge.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you mean the money used to secure the future of the club and secure the future of tynecastle? That money 

very short memory

No the money wasted on some of the worst players in living memory, as someone who has supported us from 1972 I remember well. I’m not one of the fans you go on about constantly thar have supported us for 15 years. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah if you could use your magic wand and scroll up you would see we coveted that and I agreed with that at least twice. Great penalty too, great goal in Basel. That pretty much sums up his ten years playing for the club. 

ok

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah if you could use your magic wand and scroll up you would see we coveted that and I agreed with that at least twice. Great penalty too, great goal in Basel. That pretty much sums up his ten years playing for the club. 

Ffs. 

Take a day off. 

You don't like Robbie. We get it. 

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

No but you've outed yourself as a slaver.

I'm not remotely interested in what other clubs do.  It's what HMFC do that concerns me and I would rather win things in a healthy financial position than open the floodgates on a whim and a prayer.

FWIW there is manageable debt and outrageous spending which was what happened when Romanov was in charge so much so that we were unable to retain Sergio.  That's sound economics, isn't it?

Yet again you’re actual ignorance of what actually happened is astonishing. 
Sergio wanted the same money that he was on at Sporting Lisbon, who were still paying him when he was here. 
A few year later he applied for the job and your boy CL didn’t even have the common decency/courtesy to give him a reply. A jealous loser and a complete charlatan who put us where we are and cost us much more than Romanov ever did, with far less in return. We lost money practically every season he was in charge, if it wasn’t for us the “real” Hearts fans and two generous millionaires because our owner couldn’t say no to him. Has she run the club any better?
Not many Hearts fans would give up those cup victories for financial stability, apart from you HibeeAl. 

Fxxx the SPFL
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No the money wasted on some of the worst players in living memory, as someone who has supported us from 1972 I remember well. I’m not one of the fans you go on about constantly thar have supported us for 15 years. 

went to my first game in 1961 and i could sit on here and compile a long list of absolute guff players we have signed in the last fifty years every club has the same issue we are not alone. some people can't get over the loss to the hobbits in the scottish cup imo

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs. 

Take a day off. 

You don't like Robbie. We get it. 

Don’t tell me what to do. 

Imagine talking about Neilson on a thread about Neilson. 

Imagine moaning about a thread on the manager, then continuing to bump it by commenting on it. 

You hated Stendel, loved Levein and adore his disciple, we get it.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

went to my first game in 1961 and i could sit on here and compile a long list of absolute guff players we have signed in the last fifty years every club has the same issue we are not alone. some people can't get over the loss to the hobbits in the scottish cup imo

Not as many as recently, where the amount of poor players far outweigh the good. 
Why should anyone get over missing out on a good chance to win it. 
I will always regret the chance we missed a week ago, are you over that? 
Do you regret 62 or 86?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Robbie is a better manager now than Stendel will ever be.

I was excited when Stendel was appointed but we all know what happened. 

Nor do I believe this pish about him being the right man at the wrong time. That's a total fallacy in my opinion.

Ask the Barnsley or MK Dons fans that?

39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

4 games in the championship, 5 cup ties. 2 wins where they missed a penalty in both. 

What’s the 5 cup ties?

Pasquale for King
Just now, DS98 said:

What’s the 5 cup ties?

The 2:2 draw at home and 1 nil loss away, 2:2 draw at home and 3:2 loss away, and the semi final a few months back. 
I said as a manager, not just with us. 

32 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

I think Robbie is a good manager and will win us this league at a canter, he's not perfect though and yesterday showed that. I don't believe there is one Hearts fan who seen that lineup yesterday and thought " that's the team for me" Frear and Roberts in the same team? Two passengers out of eleven is silly, why not go the whole hog and play Walker alongside them?  He has his blind spots but let's hope they don't last as long as Levein's. let's hope the two players he's talking about bringing in are good enough for next seasons challenge.

We've not even reached double figures in league games and we have another game in 3 days.

The guys only lost 1 league game narrowly and a cup final on pen.

Allow the guy time to find out who he can trust who looks great in training but can't deliver on a game day and which players  needs time to settle into the club and their roles within the team.

Some clueless halfwits on here thinking this is football manager.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The 2:2 draw at home and 1 nil loss away, 2:2 draw at home and 3:2 loss away, and the semi final a few months back. 
I said as a manager, not just with us. 

Ah so you’re counting another teams results. Struggling.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )