Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

23 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Neilson is being asked to clean up the mess left in part (large) by Stendel.

Stendel is a fraud. Being sacked by Barnsley (look at them now without him!) and his record with us proves that.

Oh my days, you’re at it aren’t you.

The club was at the foot of the league when DS arrived. In that time we had beaten Hibs and St Mirren. The previous incumbent of the managers job had extended the contract of Doyle because he was injured, gave Damour and Naismith 4 year contracts, extended the contract of Berra when he was injured, had some dodgy loan deal with Man U re Pererria, overseen the worst 11 months of football I’ve experienced as a Hearts fan and that goes back to the days of Jim Denny, Colin More and the likes hey it was DS who left us in a mess.

DS, A man who had to wheel and deal to get players in, a man who had a set way of playing to only discover their players weren’t fit enough to play that way a man who needed the backing of a board but really didn’t get it because CL had spunked all out budget.

Even Pep or Jurgen would have struggled to get anything out of that squad.

No one is trying to claim DS is perfect but the damage had been done before he got there in terms of personnel and fitness. Could he have turned things round in last 8 games, who knows.

RN is still suffering the legacy of mismanagement by CL. It also has to be said that if he thinks guys like Frear and Popescu are players that should be wearing the maroon jersey, he has got zero idea about footballing ability. Neither are good enough. 

Do I think we’ll get promoted. Probably but it’s not going to be a cakewalk. We’re playing flat football against teams that know how to pack in. Frear, Roberts and Ginnelly were brought in as he wanted us to play fast attacking football. We’ve been unlucky with Ginnelly being injured but the other 2 are nowhere near good enough.

Do I think RN is a better manager than DS. No. Did I want RN. No. Do I think DS would get us out Championship. Not sure. 

To say RN is having to clear up the mess DS left us in is just bollocks. The mess was created by CL

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

And he’s not praying!
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

There we go. 

Like I say, you have a weird obsession ( I meant "dislike for" ) with the guy, a guy who did his absolute best, who was gutted when he left, who worked for nowt at times and who had no time to get the job done after literally being in the job for 5 minutes. And yet you really, really detest him. 

Forgive or forget - whatever. Did he steal your missus too ? 

No, he just ensured we were demoted.

I’d have easily allowed him the missus if he’d prevented that.

But he didn’t. He failed.

Jambo in Yorkshire

The two games v Hibs sum up things for Stendel.

We lose the home game due to two mistakes by Berra, away game we win easily.

Defensive mistakes made by a player who played today.

8 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

I’m ignoring nothing.

Budge made an arse of appointing him and Levein had left him a mess.

Stendel, lost in his arrogance, assumed he could come here, rip it up mid season, and do it his way. Zero thought given to the consequences of his failure. Consequences that each and every one of us are now paying for.

Any man worth their salt would have sacrificed their principles in the name of points and ensured we done what was required.

Not Daniel though. Needed persuading to come here to begin with and patently thought Scottish football was beneath him. 

GEGGENPRESS!!!!!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ironically, the most pragmatic approach he adopted was in Paisley when we needed to win.

An utter disaster of an appointment and due to his part in where we currently are, I cannot easily forgive or forget.

Utter nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

The club was at the foot of the league when DS arrived. In that time we had beaten Hibs and St Mirren. The previous incumbent of the managers job had extended the contract of Doyle because he was injured, gave Damour and Naismith 4 year contracts, extended the contract of Berra when he was injured, had some dodgy loan deal with Man U re Pererria, overseen the worst 11 months of football I’ve experienced as a Hearts fan and that goes back to the days of Jim Denny, Colin More and the likes hey it was DS who left us in a mess.

DS, A man who had to wheel and deal to get players in, a man who had a set way of playing to only discover their players weren’t fit enough to play that way a man who needed the backing of a board but really didn’t get it because CL had spunked all out budget.

No one is trying to claim DS is perfect but the damage had been done before he got there in terms of personnel and fitness. Could he have turned things round in last 8 games, who knows.

RN is still suffering the legacy of mismanagement by CL. It also has to be said that if he thinks guys like Frear and Popescu are players that should be wearing the maroon jersey, he has got zero idea about footballing ability. Neither are good enough. 

Do I think we’ll get promoted. Probably but it’s not going to be a cakewalk. We’re playing flat football against teams that know how to pack in. Frear, Roberts and Ginnelly were brought in as he wanted us to play fast attacking football. We’ve been unlucky with Ginnelly being injured but the other 2 are nowhere near good enough.

Do I think RN is a better manager than DS. No. Did I want RN. No. Do I think DS would get us out Championship. Not sure. 

To say RN is having to clear up the mess DS left us in is just bollocks. The mess was created by CL

Some folk are away with it mate.  

Simplified by asking.

1 would you rather watch a stendel type of game ?

or 2. A Robbie Nielsen type of game.

I know what one I’d be choosing .

BBE6644F-0214-485B-A28B-24054D13340A.jpeg

Wrong man 

didn’t rate him as a player 

don’t rate him as a manager 

shocking signings 

frear Robert’s Lee ( technically ) popescu all pants 

his recent comments are really worrying  “ frear was good against east fife” “ we were good on first half against Dunfermline “ “ controlled game against Arbroath “ 

Load of old tosh 

oh and get yourself a yellow card and blame ref for getting beat of part time Alloa .... nice one very decent of you. 
can always tell budgie it was the artificial pitch and still probably make bonus for the week !!! 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Come on it’s all Daniels fault. 

:rofl: 

Course it is Des. German engineering is so great he engineered the pandemic to get us demoted then find out via social media he’d been replaced 

3 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

I think it has been overlooked that today’s result is one of the worst results in our history.

How old are you, JiY?

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

So Robbie oot then, and next guy in?

Good plan. 

Let's do it. 

No but he soon will be if things don't improve. The performances have been shite for weeks but initially scraping by Arbroath & Hibs papered over the cracks. 

Just now, And he’s not praying! said:

Tommy Wright would have kept us up.

Daniel Stendel couldn’t manage it.

And where’s Tommy Wright at the moment.

Another footballing managerial Neanderthal.

For the record and you can go back through every single post, I wasn’t massive on DS either while we were looking. I always said my preferred candidates were either Michael Flynn at Newport or Nathan Jones who had just been sacked by Stoke.

At least I’m not blind enough to accept that what happened last season might have happened on DS watch but the damage had been done by CL

7 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

The two games v Hibs sum up things for Stendel.

We lose the home game due to two mistakes by Berra, away game we win easily.

Defensive mistakes made by a player who played today.

Stendel was a fraud mate. His kamikaze approach to games killed us. The Hamilton game at Tynie will scar me for life. His god awful tactics and general disregard for defending is a major reason we ended up where we are. Not to mention sticking with that useless waste of space keeper.

Neilson? The jury is still out. But he still has just a little bit good grace left in the bank from his first spell to keep the faith that he’ll turn it around. Wont last forever though. 

10 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

I think it has been overlooked that today’s result is one of the worst results in our history.

This. An absolutely disgraceful result.

4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Stendel was a fraud mate. His kamikaze approach to games killed us. The Hamilton game at Tynie will scar me for life. His god awful tactics and general disregard for defending is a major reason we ended up where we are. Not to mention sticking with that useless waste of space keeper.

Correct.

Fluorescent Adolescent

Stendel was a disaster ffs!!!!!!!!!!!

Lockdown has melted a few brains. He killed us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🤬😡🤬😡🤬🤬🤬🤬

Jambo in Yorkshire
7 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Neilson? The jury is still out. But he still has just a little bit good grace left in the bank from his first spell to keep the faith that he’ll turn it around. Wont last forever though. 

I wasn’t there but their first goal was offside and the second was a penalty, I’m sure both were Stendel’s fault?

The Muffin Man

Trust me, many of the current squad had no time for stendel.

It was never going to end well unless he managed to keep us up. Which he failed to

do.

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Stendel was a dud.

Anyone who says different is an idiot. 

13 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Stendel was a disaster ffs!!!!!!!!!!!

Lockdown has melted a few brains. He killed us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🤬😡🤬😡🤬🤬🤬🤬

20 minutes ago, DS98 said:

His name is Daniel Stendel, not Harry Potter, christ even Harry Potter couldn't get us playing a tune, when he was managing us. 

6 minutes ago, The Muffin Man said:

It was never going to end well unless he managed to keep us up. Which he failed to

do.

The current squad that list today? You do have to wonder why they had no time for him, maybe because he was too demanding in terms of effort and application?

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

I wasn’t there but their first goal was offside and the second was a penalty, I’m sure both were Stendel’s fault?

They were indeed. 

2 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

The current squad that list today? You do have to wonder why they had no time for him, maybe because he was too demanding in terms of effort and application?

yeah wouldn't be surprised by that. Too many of our squad give the impression they're at a holiday camp 

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

There we go. 

Like I say, you have a weird obsession ( I meant "dislike for" ) with the guy, a guy who did his absolute best, who was gutted when he left, who worked for nowt at times and who had no time to get the job done after literally being in the job for 5 minutes. And yet you really, really detest him. 

Forgive or forget - whatever. Did he steal your missus too ? 

Moaning about a German, France and English folk I think I might have an idea  🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

12 minutes ago, The Muffin Man said:

do.

Many of the current squad, is that the squad that were woeful before he arrived? Too many in the squad comfy picking up a decent wedge. When a new manager comes in every player should have to impress to win a place in the team, it sadly looked like some couldn’t be arsed. 

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Moaning about a German, France and English folk I think I might have an idea  🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

No comment ! 😆

11 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Many of the current squad, is that the squad that were woeful before he arrived? Too many in the squad comfy picking up a decent wedge. When a new manager comes in every player should have to impress to win a place in the team, it sadly looked like some couldn’t be arsed. 

"But Craig said I could  turn up twice a week  and just do some shopping with the missus on my other days off - and get to bitch at all the other players on match day , showing my leadership qualities ". 

I bet Stendel's side of things would be an eye-opener. 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, The Muffin Man said:

do.

That may well be true but did they have time for Levein, Macphee or Neilson as it’s looks like the same half hearted lazy shite to me? If he didn’t think it before he must now realise how big a clear out he requires, starting in January. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

"But Craig said I could  turn up twice a week  and just do some shopping with the missus on my other days off - and get to bitch at all the other players on match day , showing my leadership qualities ". 

I bet Stendel's side of things would be an eye-opener. 

From what I’ve been told he gave every aspect under his control a much needed boot up the arse. It looks like the owner decided to go with the slackers and replace him. What will she do know if they’re moaning about Neilson who definitely used to like his team to train 2/3/4 times a day. 

1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Well put. Stendel was given a bag of shite and seemed like he was starting to get results. He was a passionate guy and never had a proper chance to really make the team into his own. I feel like the club made a big mistake letting him go, so we could go back in time to get Neilson back.

We could have had fresh new ideas with lots of German and English players, attacking football and a winning mentality. Albeit if the league hadn't abruptly ended.

Instead we've got the boring, slow, old mates team where doing the minimum to get by is good enough.

Something big needs to change because this is absolutely woeful.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

From what I’ve been told he gave every aspect under his control a much needed boot up the arse. It looks like the owner decided to go with the slackers and replace him. What will she do know if they’re moaning about Neilson who definitely used to like his team to train 2/3/4 times a day. 

I don't know , bud. Ultimately none of us want him to fail but it's clear (so far) it's just not working and it's beginning to smell like the Levein era. I don't know if the players are good enough (how long have we been saying this ? ) , if the players don't believe in him, if the players are paying lip service to his tactics but not buying in.  All I know is I am so tired of watching so many untalented footballers over the last 4/5 years. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I don't know , bud. Ultimately none of us want him to fail but it's clear (so far) it's just not working and it's beginning to smell like the Levein era. I don't know if the players are good enough (how long have we been saying this ? ) , if the players don't believe in him, if the players are paying lip service to his tactics but not buying in.  All I know is I am so tired of watching so many untalented footballers over the last 4/5 years. 

It’s depressing, it’s like Groundhog Day. He needs to rip this squad up ASAP if he wants to survive. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

It’s depressing, it’s like Groundhog Day. He needs to rip this squad up ASAP if he wants to survive. 

We've been doing this every year since god knows when. I doubt the club has got any cash to spend (if they did Roberts & Frear wouldn't be anywhere near the place) but if we do, just ***king buy/get  the best players in the Championship. Anyhow, somehow.  AB & the board need to get on board with the idea that they cannot allow this situation to drift - if the season gets called when /if we are not top there aint going to be play off games. The stakes for Hearts are massive. 

I agree.

We're now limping towards yet another transfer window in dire need of another makeover to big parts of the team with a manager who is extremely ropey at signing players. 

The Naismith / Walker no 10 thing is just not working. We have 2 terrible wide players, 1 decent who's injured and some former youth players who don't look up to it.

We have a ruined striker with no confidence and no one to replace him. Our other striker doesn't seem to be a predatory no9 and is inconsistent and coming off a career shattering blow to his confidence that lasted a year at least.

What an absolute mess. Our manager is uninspiring, terrible with money, performances have been mostly terrible and now results are going badly downhill too.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

We've been doing this every year since god knows when. I doubt the club has got any cash to spend (if they did Roberts & Frear wouldn't be anywhere near the place) but if we do, just ***king buy/get  the best players in the Championship. Anyhow, somehow.  AB & the board need to get on board with the idea that they cannot allow this situation to drift - if the season gets called when /if we are not top there aint going to be play off games. The stakes for Hearts are massive. 

I think some wheeling and dealing will need to be done, JJ will need to help him in that if he wants to add pace to the squad. Boyce is about the only saleable asset we have at this time really. 

I think some wheeling and dealing will need to be done, JJ will need to help him in that if he wants to add pace to the squad. Boyce is about the only saleable asset we have at this time really. 

Just do what Rangers do (or used to) buy up the best from your competitors. Absolute short-termism, I know , but that's all that matters right now. Getting out of this shit league. 

Young guys (any guys) with energy , ambition and a pride in playing for the club. 

We have to get out of this league and we can't afford to be off the top. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Just do what Rangers do (or used to) buy up the best from your competitors. Absolute short-termism, I know , but that's all that matters right now. Getting out of this shit league. 

Young guys (any guys) with energy , ambition and a pride in playing for the club. 

We have to get out of this league and we can't afford to be off the top. 

I don’t think the money is there to do it, she let Levein blow so much we’re still paying for that. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Neilson should have been raging after that performance today yet he comes out with we battered them and we were unlucky. 

Eh, no we didn't and no we were not unlucky. 

He should have went through that lot in the dressing room and apologised to the fans for that pathetic performance. 

He won't though, because he has not got that ruthless streak in him. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I agree.

We're now limping towards yet another transfer window in dire need of another makeover to big parts of the team with a manager who is extremely ropey at signing players. 

The Naismith / Walker no 10 thing is just not working. We have 2 terrible wide players, 1 decent who's injured and some former youth players who don't look up to it.

We have a ruined striker with no confidence and no one to replace him. Our other striker doesn't seem to be a predatory no9 and is inconsistent and coming off a career shattering blow to his confidence that lasted a year at least.

What an absolute mess. Our manager is uninspiring, terrible with money, performances have been mostly terrible and now results are going badly downhill too.

Absolutely. It’s no looking good. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think the money is there to do it, she let Levein blow so much we’re still paying for that. 

I agree &  I accept we can't just buy up everything we need/want but the club needs to act : this isn't working at the moment and it's hard to see how it's going to improve. The cost of failure (if the season is abandoned) will be disastrous. 

SectionDJambo

Robbie Neilson has some difficult decisions to make. There are players who think they should be playing, but share a position with other players who think they should also be playing. He’s shoehorning players into the team, buggering up the balance and capabilities of the team, to try to keep them all happy.

The players haven’t delivered. He needs to forget about keeping them all happy and being a popular manager with the players. They won’t keep him in his job. Keeping the fans happy, by upsetting some players through team selection, might. 

7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Neilson should have been raging after that performance today yet he comes out with we battered them and we were unlucky. 

Eh, no we didn't and no we were not unlucky. 

He should have went through that lot in the dressing room and apologised to the fans for that pathetic performance. 

He won't though, because he has not got that ruthless streak in him. 

... I think it sits with him. The players are going to say "we did what you asked". 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I agree &  I accept we can't just buy up everything we need/want but the club needs to act : this isn't working at the moment and it's hard to see how it's going to improve. The cost of failure (if the season is abandoned) will be disastrous. 

I’m not entirely convinced we can succeed even if the season does finish. The January window will be interesting. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )