• GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

tenor (4).gif

😂😂

mqdefault.jpg

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Is Neilson getting the best out of the players available to him?

No.

Boyce is wasted without service and having to drop deep - play him in the no 9 role as a proper striker and get crosses in. 
Naismith needs to play in the hole behind Boyce. 
Wighton needs to play if Boyce isn't/perm 1 from the 2 on form and other as impact sub.
Play Lee advanced midfield so he can create. 
Halliday OR Haring as holding mid.
Ginelly as winger on the right when fit.
White as an attacking left mid in games we want to stretch, giving Kingsley an outlet to get forward/overlap.

The entire team has to have more movement off the ball - and the formation needs to press forward when we face 2 banks of midfield 5 / defenders. Building from the back is not our strength, we are ponderous and run out of ideas. If you're gonna hoof it, just hoof it to Boyce and pick up the scraps - don'tr pretend to pass it about the back when the midfielders aren't coming short or creating enough movement for the pass. 

Dunfermline soaked up our slow efforts last night and had confidence to break quickly. They looked sharper and more incisive as a result.

Just my thoughts. 

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Anyone who uses the term 'pant wetters' should be wrapped to a concrete fence post with chicken wire and lobbed into the lake at a disused quarry.

Sounds like you have experience of this 😉

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Was re-hiring Robbie the safe, comfort blanket move for AB? 

Maybe or maybe it was a bold decision going against many fans wishes. 

Time will tell. 

Team lacked pace , Robbie needs  get a better balance with the younger players but we created allot of chances , we need the appointment to work we will lose more games this season but Robbie should have our full support as the alternative means we're done this season , wrong time and division for Stendel he would have left anyway at the first chance 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

Sounds like you have experience of this 😉

There was a serial killer in the TV series "Dexter" that done something similar to his young female victims. 

Given Dunfermline start to the season.....this was always going to be a tough, close game.

Our team selection didn’t help though.

Midfield looked weak.....and the inclusion of Frear was laughable. He’s done nothing so far in a Hearst jersey and we’d have been better keeping a youngster than giving this guy a deal for a season.

We didn’t bring in an alternative to Boyce so he knows as long as he’s fit he’ll play regardless of his form.

Naismith has been mostly pish and the only way he’s getting to the Euros is on a supporters bus. 

I hope Neilson is booting arses up and down Riccarton today as these same players are underperforming once again. We may have had the wins but let’s be honest......it’s hardly been the ruthless performances of 2014/15.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Given Dunfermline start to the season.....this was always going to be a tough, close game.

Midfield looked weak.....and the inclusion of Frear was laughable. He’s done nothing so far in a Hearst jersey and we’d have been better keeping a youngster than giving this guy a deal for a season.

We didn’t bring in an alternative to Boyce so he knows as long as he’s fit he’ll play regardless of his form.

Naismith has been mostly pish and the only way he’s getting to the Euros is on a supporters bus. 

I hope Neilson is booting arses up and down Riccarton today as these same players are underperforming once again. We may have had the wins but let’s be honest......it’s hardly been the ruthless performances of 2014/15.

Some of that is fair but Boyce scored in our last league game and scored for Ni. 

Why would he have been dropped due to form? 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Some of that is fair but Boyce scored in our last league game and scored for Ni. 

Why would he have been dropped due to form? 

I didn’t say he should’ve been dropped for last nights match.....

But he’s certainly missed the vast majority of chances from open play that’s gone his way this season and if we had a suitable back-up I’d be benching him v Alloa.

4 minutes ago, JamboNation said:

Team lacked pace, with the younger players but we created allot of chances , we need the appointment to work we will lose more games this season but Robbie should have our full support as the alternative means we're done this season , wrong time and division for Stendel he would have left anyway at the first chance 

I think I'm right in saying that of last night's starting XI, seven were signed by RN (including Usain Bolt Lee).  That's major surgery for any team and apart from Gordon, who was a stick-on anyway, and Kingsley, there is little to show for it in terms of overall improvement.  Last night was hopefully a one-off and we should back RN meantime but the warning signs are there.

Berra gets a fair bit of criticism on here but, really, is poppy an improvement?   I don't think so.

13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

That should have happened at half time last night.

29 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

No.

Boyce is wasted without service and having to drop deep - play him in the no 9 role as a proper striker and get crosses in. 
Naismith needs to play in the hole behind Boyce. 
Wighton needs to play if Boyce isn't/perm 1 from the 2 on form and other as impact sub.
Play Lee advanced midfield so he can create. 
Halliday OR Haring as holding mid.
Ginelly as winger on the right when fit.
White as an attacking left mid in games we want to stretch, giving Kingsley an outlet to get forward/overlap.

The entire team has to have more movement off the ball - and the formation needs to press forward when we face 2 banks of midfield 5 / defenders. Building from the back is not our strength, we are ponderous and run out of ideas. If you're gonna hoof it, just hoof it to Boyce and pick up the scraps - don'tr pretend to pass it about the back when the midfielders aren't coming short or creating enough movement for the pass. 

Dunfermline soaked up our slow efforts last night and had confidence to break quickly. They looked sharper and more incisive as a result.

Just my thoughts. 

Couldn’t agree more. 
I said last night watching that game we would have been far more effective just hitting it long and chasing down with the players we had in the pitch. 
instead we have 20 passes and move no more than 10 yards forward before the inevitable hoof anyway. If we want to play long ball just do it and do it quickly with midfielders in backing up the strikers. 

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think I'm right in saying that of last night's starting XI, seven were signed by RN (including Usain Bolt Lee).  That's major surgery for any team and apart from Gordon, who was a stick-on anyway, and Kingsley, there is little to show for it in terms of overall improvement.  Last night was hopefully a one-off and we should back RN meantime but the warning signs are there.

Berra gets a fair bit of criticism on here but, really, is poppy an improvement?   I don't think so.

Agree with what your saying,some of signings now and previously have been poor,I am hoping he has learned his lesson.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

We have a big problem if Robbies still signing Oshaniwa, Sammon level shite this time around. 

There's a bit of a difference in that we're in the 2nd tier during a pandemic so aren't flush with cash to offer the likes of Oshaniwa's wage.

Leveins Battalion

I have said for years now,absolute years we need to be signing the best young Scottish lads from lesser teams,I'd rather we add 3 of them in the 20-24 age group rather than sign journeyman by the barrowload time and again.

We have thrown huge wages and long contracts at guys who have offered nothing in return,they are robbing us blind.

Sadly I just can see it changing until there is a complete overhaul of our recruitment/scouting team.

Was a poor performance and the worst thing was that they looked hungrier from the start to the finish.

That’s what will worry Neilson the most. However too many are soiling their keeks over one bad result.

Is it possible to be critical without blowing everything out of proportion?!

It’s also that despite the hibs result there’s quietly clearly a handful of fans who will never support Robbie regardless of results. They’ll stay quiet when we’re winning and will be the first to tell you they told you so when we lose. All a bit sad really.

Governor Tarkin
58 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Was re-hiring Robbie the safe, comfort blanket move for AB? 

Maybe or maybe it was a bold decision going against many fans wishes. 

Time will tell. 

It would only have been a bold decision if she hadn't pulled the same stunt when she found Craig Lhevein just down the corridor.

9 hours ago, S Form said:

Off the top of my head, we were shite in the home games against St Johnstone, Hamilton and Motherwell, while those at the St Mirren match report that it was one of the worst Hearts performances they’d seen in years. We played for a half in the away game against St Johnstone, but still needed a last minute equaliser. In what games did we play good football?

Just about all of them, you could see the guy had a way of playing, not going to knock Robbie but what his idea of football? 

45 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Think only five of last nights starters were signed during  RN’s second spell.   Even then the Gordon transfer was already a done deal before Robbie returned so really only four of his signings started last night - Popescu, Kingsley, Frear and Halliday. 

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We have a big problem if Robbies still signing Oshaniwa, Sammon level shite this time around. 

We are, but that shite  and others had us third in the top league. 

Shite, eh? 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It would only have been a bold decision if she hadn't pulled the same stunt when she found Craig Lhevein just down the corridor.

Tbf, she got stendel in first before Robbie. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Shite, eh? 

Are you saying they weren't shite? 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just about all of them, you could see the guy had a way of playing, not going to knock Robbie but what his idea of football? 

If you think we played good football in any of the games I've mentioned then your assessment of good football differs wildly from mine. The Hamilton and Motherwell games in particular were horrendous viewing. And I've also remembered the home game against Kilmarnock in which we were also garbage. Stendel might have had a way of playing but when he applied it at Hearts the results were generally piss poor.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Cruyff said:

Are you saying they weren't shite? 

I said that shite and others had us 3rd in the league. 

Big picture stuff. 👍

35 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Agree with what your saying,some of signings now and previously have been poor,I am hoping he has learned his lesson.

To be fair to him he had one arm behind his back in the summer re signings. A shortened season in the Scottish championship is not attractive to many players. Add the COVID finance impact to that and the need to only sign players on short term deals ie one year with option and the market isn’t exactly full of great players. Don’t think we will be able to judge his signings until this time next season assuming we are back in the top league and COVID is gone. 

14 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

It’s also that despite the hibs result there’s quietly clearly a handful of fans who will never support Robbie regardless of results. They’ll stay quiet when we’re winning and will be the first to tell you they told you so when we lose. All a bit sad really.

Think this is clear as day

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Was a poor performance and the worst thing was that they looked hungrier from the start to the finish.

That’s what will worry Neilson the most. However too many are soiling their keeks over one bad result.

Good Post. 

1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I loved our efforts against Dundee and Hibs, which is why these turgid, ponderous displays against other teams frustrate. I won't argue that we didn't create enough chances for a draw last night, but I still think our formation didn't help our cause.

I'm not a fair-weather fan or a pant-wetter but I do assess the performance I see in front of me as fairly as possible. Last night had a lot of significant issues that we've seen before. If we win the next two, we'll not give a crap but equally, we've seen this type of direction-less play a lot over the last season - definitely don't want to see that creep back in.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf, she got stendel in first before Robbie. 

Credit where it's due, bud. 👍

Now that was a bold move. Gutted that it never worked out, but nobody could've forseen us being shafted like we were. 

Edited by Governor Tarkin

1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Spot on. The same goes for the likes of Walker, Lee etc who some fans cannot wait to criticise. We’ve won 8/9 games and if you offered me that at the start of the season inc. cup final I would have taken it. Poor defensively last night but had more than enough chances to score 3/4 goals. The next league fixtures are a chance to bounce back.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Shite, eh? 

just above st Johnstone and the mighty staggies :)

Bazzas right boot
Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

just above st Johnstone and the mighty staggies :)

Shame, he should have let rangers and hibs get promoted as champions first first then got us promoted.

Robbie oot, finishing above hibs and Rangers and in doing so helping them stay in the division below. ******* that he is.

How dare he.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Credit where it's due, bud. 👍

Now that was a bold move. Gutted that it never worked out, but nobody could've forseen us being shafted like we were. 

It was a shame Stendel never got a full "proper season" .

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Shame, he should have let rangers and hibs get promoted as champions first first then got us promoted.

Robbie oot, finishing above hibs and Rangers and in doing so helping them stay in the division below. ******* that he is.

How dare he.

what’s the merit in this - can see you’ve had a busy day but have you replied to the wrong post or something

3 hours ago, kila said:

What is up with Moore?

He was given a 2 year extension before Neilson arrived back in June, so presumably that was by Budge?

Interesting he hasn't been part of Neilson's plans.

Moore can keep the ball, cross and make good passes he’s not what Robbie wants.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Moore can keep the ball, cross and make good passes he’s not what Robbie wants.

certainly deserves a chance as to me he's better than both Frear and Roberts who are both chicken hearted which is something you cannot accuse Moore of being

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I have said for years now,absolute years we need to be signing the best young Scottish lads from lesser teams,I'd rather we add 3 of them in the 20-24 age group rather than sign journeyman by the barrowload time and again.

We have thrown huge wages and long contracts at guys who have offered nothing in return,they are robbing us blind.

Sadly I just can see it changing until there is a complete overhaul of our recruitment/scouting team.

👍

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Think only five of last nights starters were signed during  RN’s second spell.   Even then the Gordon transfer was already a done deal before Robbie returned so really only four of his signings started last night - Popescu, Kingsley, Frear and Halliday. 

6 out the 14 players who played including Gordon, Lee was one of NINETEEN players signed in the summer of 2018.

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Most don't even wait till final whistle before they post their anti Neilson garbage. Presume mixture of folk who hate Mrs B for dragging club into 21st century and stopping their party songs (the phoodle and plane brigade) and those who can't handle losing to Hibs in cup few years back, despite us beating them in semi. 

You are right though, it is sad, almost pathetically sad, to see people unable to move on and support the club. 

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

6 out the 14 players who played including Gordon, Lee was one of NINETEEN players signed in the summer of 2018.

Correct, well done. Five I mentioned plus Robert’s as sub. I was just correcting the other posters comments re 7 starters last night. Not sure I see the relevance of your Lee comment though, must be missing something. 

2 hours ago, May one-six said:

If you think we played good football in any of the games I've mentioned then your assessment of good football differs wildly from mine. The Hamilton and Motherwell games in particular were horrendous viewing. And I've also remembered the home game against Kilmarnock in which we were also garbage. Stendel might have had a way of playing but when he applied it at Hearts the results were generally piss poor.

Yeah at times we weren't good but games at home against Aberdeen, etc were great to watch the only games in my opinion we weren't great were hibs at home and stmirren away and if you analysis they game we we're the better team in them and created more chances than both teams in those games. 

Stendel needed time I'll put this on record now while Gerrard is at rangers, and if we get promoted and go back up we won't get anywhere near them. 

Stendel needed time and could've convinced players to come to us, the calibre such as mowatt, sibbick etc. 

Which would of taken us to being recognised as best of the rest outwith, the old firm and more than capable of mounting a serious title challenge against them. 

Mowatt didn't sign a new deal with Barnsley they activated 1 year optional contract clause, I'm told Stendel had talks with him and his agent to get him here on a pre contract, before covid came about. 

Mowatt wanted a chance to play European football and hopefully, give himself a chance of getting into the National team. 

8 hours ago, iainmac said:

We've known since we ended up in the Championship that every other club would treat our games as a Cup Final so why should that be a surprise now? I'm not sure if the players thought last night was just a "turn up & win" game but they didn't look particularly motivated to me. Dunfermline looked fitter & hungrier to me - that in itself is a disgrace IMO.

Agree 100%

Weakened Offender
50 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Most don't even wait till final whistle before they post their anti Neilson garbage. Presume mixture of folk who hate Mrs B for dragging club into 21st century and stopping their party songs (the phoodle and plane brigade) and those who can't handle losing to Hibs in cup few years back, despite us beating them in semi. 

You are right though, it is sad, almost pathetically sad, to see people unable to move on and support the club. 

Couldn't agree more with this. They are total sad-sacks. 

53 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Correct, well done. Five I mentioned plus Robert’s as sub. I was just correcting the other posters comments re 7 starters last night. Not sure I see the relevance of your Lee comment though, must be missing something. 

The relevance is that it was RN's decision to bring him back when it looked for al the world that he would have moved back to England for this season.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Most don't even wait till final whistle before they post their anti Neilson garbage.

I usually have a first draft ready before kick off tbf.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )