Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not upset tho, football rarely "upsets" me. 

So you never get upset or angry about a result? You spent all last season mocking others and saying the same thing as we slid to the bottom of the league. Now is the reaction over the top? Of course but there’s a concern the football we are playing is slow and turgid. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Governor Tarkin
21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That makes no sense, explain?

Your acceptance of mediocrity and unwillingness to call a spade a spade is a de facto excuse for the shite we've been served up for years. You'd probably call yourself a pragmatist, but then so do most serial losers.

25 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Tbf he only wanted hibs to win the cup, cut him some slag , guv. 🤣

Like I said, an excuse for a Hearts fan. Hates Rangers but.

:cornette_dog:

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Des Lynam said:

So you never get upset or angry about a result? You spent all last season mocking others and saying the same thing as we slid to the bottom of the league. Now is the reaction over the top? Of course but there’s a concern the football we are playing is slow and turgid. 

Rarely. I'm an adult, I take football in context with life, I like football, I look forward to watching Hearts. Tbh If it got me as upset and angry  as it seems to do to others I'd find another way to spend my energy and free time. 

I'm Definitely not upset over our first defeat in 9 and generally get angry at other teams or officials. 

The Davis linesman incident almost had me burning Hampden down at the time... 

As you say, The concerns are justified, I've clearly stated several times we need more width (Frear is a big concern), imo we need to be more direct and playing 3 strikers into the side won't work. 

Just because I don't slag Robbie, slag every player and turn into an emotional mess doesn't mean I don't care or accept there are concerns that we must fix.👍

One defeat in nine games and the “sack him” brigade come out with the usual garbage. Every club playing Hearts play as if it was a cup game. Our players need to emulate that desire.

I do think that we will still win the league but apart from 30 mins against Dundee the football has been rank and nothing to get excited about. Neilson would never have been my choice in a month of Sundays if being honest. He is working with a load of Leveins failures from last season and most of his signings look every bit as bad. Frear Roberts Popescu all look like lower level championship players to me. Our midfield are slower than a week in the tin pail. We have around 6 so called wide men at the club but only Ginelly looks like he has anything to offer. As for up front Boyce needs to up his game big time. Only true consistent at the club at the moment is the fans who put their hard earned money in each month. 

Don’t know why some folk are burying their heads in the sand. We saw last night there is another team in the division who look considerably better than us, in a shortened season where we really can’t afford to finish anywhere other than top.

Robbie lazily saying it’s a wake up call is a worry too - it’s clear this has been coming for weeks

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Your acceptance of mediocrity and unwillingness to call a spade a spade is a de facto excuse for the shite we've been served up for years. You'd probably call yourself a pragmatist, but then so do most serial losers.

Like I said, an excuse for a Hearts fan. Hates Rangers but.

:cornette_dog:

ooh-youre-hard.jpg

The fact me disliking rangers more than hibs irks you give me a little joy. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe queen Ann has, maybe her appointments are a subtle way of pissing of a certain amount of our support ( the plane hiring, bed sheet, graffiti type) in the hope they **** off and don't come back. 

Maybe she's that fiendishly clever. 

Who knows?

The bed sheet and plane hiring mob will be packing into Tynecastle for many years after Queen Shan is in the past tense.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Don’t know why some folk are burying their heads in the sand. We saw last night there is another team in the division who look considerably better than us, in a shortened season where we really can’t afford to finish anywhere other than top.

Robbie lazily saying it’s a wake up call is a worry too - it’s clear this has been coming for weeks

Dunfermline weren't considerably better than us. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The fact I dislike rangers more than hibs and how much it grates on you gives me a little joy Tbh. 

ooh-youre-hard.jpg

:rofl:

Ooh I do love it when you try and come out swinging.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

One defeat in nine games and the “sack him” brigade come out with the usual garbage. Every club playing Hearts play as if it was a cup game. Our players need to emulate that desire.

It's the underlying league performances that have been worrying - especially the away ones. We did set high standards against Dundee but haven't come close to that since.

We've known since we ended up in the Championship that every other club would treat our games as a Cup Final so why should that be a surprise now? I'm not sure if the players thought last night was just a "turn up & win" game but they didn't look particularly motivated to me. Dunfermline looked fitter & hungrier to me - that in itself is a disgrace IMO.

Tuesday becomes huge now & we'll soon see if the management team can make changes either in personnel or attitude to get us back on track.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
29 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm not upset. 

I do find it alarming and hilarious in equal measure  the reaction of some to a defeat. 

Not upset tho, football rarely "upsets" me. 

Maybe queen Ann has, maybe her appointments are a subtle way of pissing of a certain amount of our support ( the plane hiring, bed sheet, graffiti type) in the hope they **** off and don't come back. 

Maybe she's that fiendishly clever. 

Who knows?

3 times you’ve said you’re not upset - even if ur upset mate that’s ok too but just keep in mind this type of fan reaction will likely occur at every setback so if ur upset it wouldn’t be good to become repeatedly so

that said given the league we’re in this season there shouldn’t be too many setbacks

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They deserved to win and should probably have won by more.

Even fecking Arbroath and East Fife were better than us for much of the games against them.

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They were during the decisive part of the game from 45-70 minutes. They deserved their win and we deserved nothing

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The bed sheet and plane hiring mob will be packing into Tynecastle for many years after Queen Shan is in the past tense.

Maybe, packing into a stand she made possible to build. 

Mob is a very apt word as well. 

However, If we win the cup under Robbie that mob will Likley **** off for good as Robbie becomes a club legend as cup winning captain and player. 

:clyay:

Queen shan..... You an adult? 

Last night they were.

If we had taken a point from that game , Dunfermline would've felt robbed.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

They were during the decisive part of the game from 45-70 minutes. They deserved their win and we deserved nothing

Fair enough, with that logic we deserved the other 8 wins before that. 

The Old Tolbooth

We didn’t play great at all last night, but on another night we score 3 or 4 instead of hitting the woodwork and sclaffing chances when it looked easier to score. Smith and Boyce looked knackered, Frear is never a footballer (or Roberts for that matter), and their centra half should have been sent off in the first half. 

It’s nowhere near a disaster as we win midweek against Alloa and we’re only one point behind and plenty game time to come yet, I’m genuinely not worried at all. 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

Governor Tarkin

Logic not your strong point, is it Smith. :(

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

We are the favourites for these games. Watching us do nothing for 80 minutes then start playing after we go 2-0 down.. you have to admit somewhat deja-vu from what we've seen from neilson in the past. Why can't we start games with the intensity and pressure we put on in the last 10 mins yesterday?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Even fecking Arbroath and East Fife were better than us for much of the games against them.

It's a weird logic. 

Dunfermline won a close game - they deserved it, could have been more. They were better. 

We win close games, the other team played well, we were lucky. 

Fair enough. 

IMO we've been better in most of the games, maybe some  marginally but we've not dominated any ( Dundee apart) as much as I'd like and the concerns of width, directness and Boyce missing chances has been a concern. 

8 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

In those 8 games we've won by one goal against Cowdenbeath. Caley x2, East Fife, and arbroath. I don't think we should be panicking but blindly basing our view of performances By results against teams who's ambitions are miles behind ours isn't constructive at all 

That's my view as well I'm afraid. 

I backed Robbie to the hilt first time round as we were just out of admin and in a tough league. We just went out and played and scrapped for everything and it was in the bag before the clocks changed. 

This is supposed to be a better team than then with several internationalists in it. 

I get the feeling these players think they only have to turn up to win. 

We better get a good performance in both games against Alloa or Robbie and his players will get their motivation seriously questioned. 

Doesn't matter how talented a team is if they don't work hard they'll get turned over. Last night was a perfect example of that. 

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Hey, we managed 58% of the possession so were clearly dominant 😂

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'll leave you to it. 

Pick a virtual fight with someone else, you're boring, predictable and rarely discuss Hearts or football when posting. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

I do get the impression that person's having a go at Neilson have probably never played football for a team before and don't understand the game 

1 minute ago, Ma Roon said:

I do get the impression that person's having a go at Neilson have probably never played football for a team before and don't understand the game 

Congratulations on your new two year deal Pep.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Last night they were.

If we had taken a point from that game , Dunfermline would've felt robbed.

Disagree, the width of the crossbar was the difference between a good and bad result. 

We still need to address the concerns, but I don't think we were outplayed. 

Out thought and out fought maybe- their tactics worked and they had more energy and directness. 

We had as many chances as them, if not more. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Des Lynam said:

Congratulations on your new two year deal Pep.

Pep plays tippy tappy sideways piss, not for us I'm afraid!

🤣

It's a weird logic. 

Dunfermline won a close game - they deserved it, could have been more. They were better. 

We win close games, the other team played well, we were lucky. 

Fair enough. 

IMO we've been better in most of the games, maybe some  marginally but we've not dominated any ( Dundee apart) as much as I'd like and the concerns of width, directness and Boyce missing chances has been a concern. 

I dont think it’s weird logic when the context is that we are heavy favourites  in those games, have by far the biggest budget and are being tipped by everyone to “romp” the league.

in fact your point is exactly what I’d be concerned about - too many close games in a season where we can barely afford to slip up. Not (as of yet) seeing much evidence to suggest the season will be a stroll

A_A wehatethehibs

Disagree, the width of the crossbar was the difference between a good and bad result. 

Out thought and out fought maybe- their tactics worked and they had more energy and directness. 

We've got 15 grand a weeks worth of forwards Naismith, Boyce, Walker and they can't score or even look like scoring against Dunfermline. 

Not putting full blame at Neilson's door, not by a long shot. He is hamstrung by eye watering wage bill on a load of absolute dross, leaving him very little budget to get players in.

However it falls at Neilson's door now to find a solution to getting these front players communicating with each other, and get the goal tally's all ticking over or we're not going to be out in front of the division which is where the fans expect. And rightly expect Hearts to be 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, everton_jambo said:

I dont think it’s weird logic when the context is that we are heavy favourites  in those games, have by far the biggest budget and are being tipped by everyone to “romp” the league.

in fact your point is exactly what I’d be concerned about - too many close games in a season where we can barely afford to slip up. Not (as of yet) seeing much evidence to suggest the season will be a stroll

I don't expect us to win most games by big scores. 

What I do expect as at the season end our league position reflects our budget v the rest, I think it will. 

I still think we'll win the league easily. Last night's defeat hasn't changed that. 

If you approach every game with a balance sheet mentality then I dunno what to say, maybe you expect celtic to ram 6/7 past us and won't care because of the budget difference if they do? 

4 hours ago, S Form said:

Off the top of my head, we were shite in the home games against St Johnstone, Hamilton and Motherwell, while those at the St Mirren match report that it was one of the worst Hearts performances they’d seen in years. We played for a half in the away game against St Johnstone, but still needed a last minute equaliser. In what games did we play good football?

Hibs away x2 and that was about it 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We've got 15 grand a weeks worth of forwards Naismith, Boyce, Walker and they can't score or even look like scoring against Dunfermline. 

Not putting full blame at Neilson's door, not by a long shot. He is hamstrung by eye watering wage bill on a load of absolute dross, leaving him very little budget to get players in.

However it falls at Neilson's door now to find a solution to getting these front players communicating with each other, and get the goal tally's all ticking over or we're not going to be out in front of the division which is where the fans expect. And rightly expect Hearts to be 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

What I do expect as at the season end our league position reflects our budget v the rest, I think it will. 

I still think we'll win the league easily. Last night's defeat hasn't changed that. 

If you approach every game with a balance sheet mentality then I dunno what to say, maybe you expect celtic to ram 6/7 past us and won't care because of the budget difference if they do? 

10 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

Some players can't get their head round the offside rule - see last night as a prime example - so I wouldn't personally be using that as a benchmark for anything! 😄

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'll leave you to it. 

Pick a virtual fight with someone else, you're boring, predictable and rarely discuss Hearts or football when posting. 

I'm not picking a fight with anyone, Smith, just letting loose a couple of truth torpedoes in your direction. 

Umad.png 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

That may be your hope but so far there are problems up front, problems in the wide areas, slow central midfielders and dodgy centre halves. Let's hope for a quick bounce back win to ease the fans anxiety about these issues. Neilson must find solutions to all of the above and find them quick

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They also took their chances .

Add it all up and they did enough to win that game. No complaints about the result from me - other than our own performance.

You get  nothing for hitting the bar.

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don't think we were outplayed. 

Erm, so what would class as outplayed if it's not out thought and out fought?

:interehjrling:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

41 minutes ago, complete control said:

Hearts cheerleader

Surely we are all Hearts cheerleaders ? 

Just that apart from one game there's not much to cheer about. 😕

25 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That's my view as well I'm afraid. 

I backed Robbie to the hilt first time round as we were just out of admin and in a tough league. We just went out and played and scrapped for everything and it was in the bag before the clocks changed. 

This is supposed to be a better team than then with several internationalists in it. 

I get the feeling these players think they only have to turn up to win. 

We better get a good performance in both games against Alloa or Robbie and his players will get their motivation seriously questioned. 

Doesn't matter how talented a team is if they don't work hard they'll get turned over. Last night was a perfect example of that. 

I completely agree. I think that Robbie took over a team in much better shape the first time. 

We'd forged a great team spirit in our battle against relegation and due to being restricted in the transfer market we had lots of talented youngsters who had a year's worth of playing experience behind them, in the toughest of conditions. Robbie made some astute signings, adding experience to the ranks and the mix we had was brilliant. 

This time around he's pretty much taken over a team of losers and under achievers and has tried to sort out some obvious weaknesses. The blend of experience and youngsters is nowhere near the same and a lot of the same under achievers remain unfortunately. I do think we've probably got enough about as to win the league, but we're going to have to learn to outwork our opponents, which we failed to do last night. 

Edited by Aaron78

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hope you’re right and you may well be.  I’m simply trying to say we aren’t playing well at the moment.

Just now, everton_jambo said:

Hope you’re right and you may well be.  I’m simply trying to say we aren’t playing well at the moment.

This seems to be the elephant in the room for some people.

Strange!

Bazzas right boot
Just now, everton_jambo said:

We're not if you think of the budget and what we want to be doing, but if you think of just two teams playing, we have been better in most games, if marginally. 

We need to improve tho. 

22 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

Why's that? 

We were poor last night... but we're going to get these type of games. My bug bear is playing the likes of Wighton on he wing! If we don't have two wingers available, I wish he would just play 4-4-2 (Wighton and Boyce up front). I don't think Frear is the answer... had a handful of games and he hasn't been good. For me, Robbie makes too many changes in the middle of the park - he changes it every game. It was the same when he was last with us - maybe it's just me, but I prefer a team that doesn't get rejigged every game, especially in midfield.

We were poor... but we had chances and hit the woodwork a couple of times but Dunfermline got their tactics right and took their chances. Basically, we got what we deserved. However, we don't have a full season to get things right, it could be called half way through again so we have to make sure we're at the top of the pile. So no more square pegs for round holes, for me.... and I'm getting fed up of seeing Boyce in his own half. For me, he is a striker/goal scorer and should never be far from the oppositions box.

Ernie Eskilsson
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

:lol: good thing you're not the manager or we'd be heading for league 1 

Mate, your type of selections have just seen us relegated or did you miss that? 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Ernie Eskilsson said:

Mate, your type of selections have just seen us relegated or did you miss that? 

Henderson Moore and Irving played basically every game under Stendel who got us relegated bud? Do you even watch Hearts? 

27 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

This is the big worry. We only scraped past Raith & Inverness also. We started training before any other Champoinship teams, so we should be well ahead of them. Winning tight games is important, but our underlying performances are the indicator of form. This could be a Craig Levein team, as there is no difference in our style of play. In fact what is our System? Ponderous sideways football which eventually leads to a punt up the park to no one in particular is my assessment.

Robbie Neilson was not my choice. It seems to me he has started where he left off to go to MK Dons.

Where has the high press and quick tempo gone from his early Hearts Management? We are so predictable and easy to play against. I hope he wins us the Cup and Promotion, but the tippy tappy getting us nowhere has to go!!

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )