Liam Boyce

Lambo85

11 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

Spot on - Sean Clare, Craig Wighton both berated by supporters but came good. Doesn't help one bit being booed from the stands, or over-criticised on here

Would not say both these players came good, Clare was still bang average in an absolutely shocking squad , and jury is still very much out on Wighton for me, championship player at best and not one of the best either .

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bongo 1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

I rate the guy a lot. Brilliant footballer and this touch is excellent. If you look at his pass to Halliday last night that shows great awareness.

I think he's just little low on confidence in front of goal. Personally I think he might do better a bit deeper and Wighton plays up front? Guess that means Naismith will probably have to go out.

part_time_jambo
2 hours ago, fila said:

Would not say both these players came good, Clare was still bang average in an absolutely shocking squad , and jury is still very much out on Wighton for me, championship player at best and not one of the best either .

Ok, but they did turn it round, and changed opinion on here from mostly negative to mostly positive.

7 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

Ok, but they did turn it round, and changed opinion on here from mostly negative to mostly positive.

Clare gave a few good performances, never lived up to the hype Wighton has a lot more to prove to show he has turned the corner to becoming a potent forward, still doesn’t shine week in week out at championship level, would love him to be the Dykes or Shanklands but cannot see it . 

21 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Not sure what you are implying but I was invalided out. Nothing to do with confidence.

I’ve a mate who was in B troop and was invalided out. He turned up at barracks one day and they had RTU’d him without letting him know. Couldn’t even get in to collect his belongings. He fell on hard times a bit as the elite unit don’t really give a hoot about you once you’re out. Tbh he’s still bitter about the way it ended for him. 

Gimme an H...
11 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Do you think the players get stage fright then

I think when they're having a bad day at the office the majority of players (at Scottish football level ie. not elite level football) don't have what it takes to stand up to the abuse/booing they get from their own fans when they miss a chance, play a shite pass or have a shite first touch.

22 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yet last night some claimed its so flat because the fans aren’t there.  Sure it’s the guys who put £100s into their club every seasons fault we are flat in a second half against part timers in the Scottish Championship and not miss management of the club from top to bottom.  Boyce is a good player on topic, does he want to be kicking about this league?  His best displays are in big games for club and country.  Could be a motivational issue.  Certainly not worth the wages we apparently offered him. 

I've never once came even close to suggesting this. Mainly because there wasn't a single paying Hearts' fan allowed at the game on Tuesday night.

Ex member of the SaS
3 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ve a mate who was in B troop and was invalided out. He turned up at barracks one day and they had RTU’d him without letting him know. Couldn’t even get in to collect his belongings. He fell on hard times a bit as the elite unit don’t really give a hoot about you once you’re out. Tbh he’s still bitter about the way it ended for him. 

A sad tale all too often repeated, I too am disgusted by the way I was dismissed, no communication and no back up. However that was a long time ago and we move on.

5 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

A sad tale all too often repeated, I too am disgusted by the way I was dismissed, no communication and no back up. However that was a long time ago and we move on.

Sad way to treat people ,who gave there best.

For those that watched the entire match, how did Boyce do today?

A lot of fans saying that Neilson should have dropped him for the match and I see he was taken off after 62 minutes. 

Edited by Lambo85

2 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

For those that watched the entire match, how did Boyce do today?

A lot of fans saying that Neilson should have dropped him for the match and I see he was taken off after 62 minutes. 

He was poor, he was replaced by Wighton, he was worse, anonymous 

the problem with our strikers, and has been for years is the lack of service and creativity from our midfield

He will start scoring goals. All strikers go through a drought and period where they can’t hit a barn door. hopefully soon.where as Robert’s frear popescu Lee will never be players !!!! 

32 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

the problem with our strikers, and has been for years is the lack of service and creativity from our midfield

This is generally true but Boyce has missed some easy chances this season

Maybe if we played two strikers , let them form a partnership and gave them decent service they’d start to score goals . They’d also give our opponents defenders more work and less time with the ball . 

kingantti1874
38 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

i keep reading this, and whilst it’s not entirely untrue to blame midfield.. our strikers are are static, they don’t move, they don’t find space, they don’t run. They make it impossible for the midfield to look good.. 

it’s a 2 ways street.. both shite

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

i keep reading this, and whilst it’s not entirely untrue to blame midfield.. our strikers are are static, they don’t move, they don’t find space, they don’t run. They make it impossible for the midfield to look good.. 

it’s a 2 ways street.. both shite

Not disagreeing, but this has been an issue for a very long time, 

Lack of pace, creativity, strength, bravery and guile, it’s all been down to very poor recruitment, Boyce is just another in a long number of Hearts strikers who struggles due to lack of service 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Not disagreeing, but this has been an issue for a very long time, 

Lack of pace, creativity, strength, bravery and guile, it’s all been down to very poor recruitment, Boyce is just another in a long number of Hearts strikers who struggles due to lack of service 

he isn’t making the job of being a midfielder easy.. they will never look good with static front men.. literally no one to pass to, no runs to find..

He has been poor but maybe Neilson should go with two up top to give him more support. 

Why we play with one up front against these crappy wee teams is beyond me. 

Another factor in that league is I think we could do with a big strong target man to mix things up a bit because teams suss out the way we play very easily. 

It would be another option if need be to vary our play a bit. 

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Sounds like Neilson was too slow to bring Irving on.

Boyce is never going to score if he's constantly playing with his back to goal, dropping deep and holding the ball up, waiting for our brilliant attacking mids, Lee, Walker or Halliday to go beyond and score a goal. 

Shite tactics. Clearly being asked to do what he is doing. I seem to remember Tony Watt doing a very similar thing. 

Unfortunately for Robbie this time around, there is no Nicholson, Djoum or Paterson to save his ass. 

Edited by Cruyff

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, Sertse said:

For the wages he's on he shouldn't be a fixer upper. Utter shite septic fan.

Get a grip.

3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Another factor in that league is I think we could do with a big strong target man to mix things up a bit because teams suss out the way we play very easily. 

Like Uche?

Say what you want about Uche and Washington but our squad was definitely weakened when those 2 left and we never replaced them.

What we are left with now is a striker who we are paying big money for that is totally out of form and Wighton,

Boycie get the finger out. If you can't score against a butcher, a Baker or a candlestick maker, you should chuck it at Hearts. 

Now relax and start scoring ya useless big 'bleep'

5 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He has been poor but maybe Neilson should go with two up top to give him more support. 

Why we play with one up front against these crappy wee teams is beyond me. 

That’s it for me. Boyce has been rubbish but he’s up front on his own with no service. I’m sick of watching this type of football, especially against part timers. It’s putting me right off even bothering to get a stream.

A good few posters on here were adamant Boyce would score for fun in this league and would easily get 20 this season. Reality is even when given simple chances is he effs up. 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Boycie get the finger out. If you can't score against a butcher, a Baker or a candlestick maker, you should chuck it at Hearts. 

Now relax and start scoring ya useless big 'bleep'

Should not have been playing, hes obviously out of sorts, dunno whats wrong with him.

On 25/11/2020 at 21:01, heartsfc_fan said:

I rate the guy a lot. Brilliant footballer and this touch is excellent. If you look at his pass to Halliday last night that shows great awareness.

I think he's just little low on confidence in front of goal. Personally I think he might do better a bit deeper and Wighton plays up front? Guess that means Naismith will probably have to go out.

This there is a player in there. He gets zero service and is lacking in confidence

8 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Maybe if we played two strikers , let them form a partnership and gave them decent service they’d start to score goals . They’d also give our opponents defenders more work and less time with the ball . 

I agree with this.

Stendel went gung ho with no plan to steady things if it didn’t work.
We now seem to have reverted to the other extreme- over cautious sideways/backwards play.

Against teams like our opponents in the championship we should really pressure them, try to take a player on, because on paper our players should have more basic capability than their opponents in the main.

stop switching around the wings and playing them deep, play players up front together. Speed it up! Give the bloody forwards passes forward!! Eventually then one of their shots might go in. Need to stop over complicating things The longer we don’t press these teams, the lower our confidence will be 🙄

By the way this post is more about frustration - I get it might be harder in practice to get the team to do this!

I wonder what they’re getting told to do though 

22 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Should not have been playing, hes obviously out of sorts, dunno whats wrong with him.

I think they think they're playing in the championship. Obviously not, at the moment. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I think they think they're playing in the championship. Obviously not, at the moment. 

The fact we beat them 3-0 4 days before makes this result even more a joke.

4 hours ago, kimosavi said:

This there is a player in there. He gets zero service and is lacking in confidence

This “zero service” excuse is nonsense - he has missed a gilt edged chance in nearly every game he has played for Hearts!

Ex member of the SaS

I have restrained myself from commenting but for me Boyce and Wighton are no where near good enough for Hearts. Wighton scored a couple of penalties and suddenly he's a striker? Get rid of both and find someone who knows where the sticks are.

On 26/11/2020 at 06:58, Saughton Jambo said:

What year was this? My mate in the group says guys who are injured are either still employed by them under different roles, as instructors or they end up doing cushy private jobs for Megabucks.

4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

The fact we beat them 3-0 4 days before makes this result even more a joke.

I meant too big to be playing in the championship. They need to accept they are and get on with it. 

27 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I have restrained myself from commenting but for me Boyce and Wighton are no where near good enough for Hearts. Wighton scored a couple of penalties and suddenly he's a striker? Get rid of both and find someone who knows where the sticks are.

apart from Lafferty we have had nothing but utter garbage up front for  years.   Boyce has been a huge disappointment this season.  He looks uninterested and lost. Add in the fact that he’s being dragged down to the garbage level ( ability as well as attitude) of his teammates and it’s a toxic mix.

I really hope that the club and this prima dona come to an agreement and end his contract.

Not quite Wighton shite but close behind.

The amount of experts on strikers here is staggering.

You can't give your strikers one chance per game and expect them to score it. 

You can't ask your strikers to drop in to midfield, do the work, than sprint into the box ready and focused to take the chance.

If Boyce could do either of these things he wouldn't be playing for Hearts.

22 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I meant too big to be playing in the championship. They need to accept they are and get on with it. 

You are right ri, i still seriously think this lot are lacking real effort, no real hunger to win games.

This is not acceptable and its up to Neilson to lay it on the line to them, obviously no lessons

learned in the defeat to Dunfermline.☹️.

4 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

The amount of experts on strikers here is staggering.

You can't give your strikers one chance per game and expect them to score it. 

You can't ask your strikers to drop in to midfield, do the work, than sprint into the box ready and focused to take the chance.

If Boyce could do either of these things he wouldn't be playing for Hearts.

It is not one game though is it. I mean come on, our two main goal threats are our full backs and centre half.

10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

You are right ri, i still seriously think this lot are lacking real effort, no real hunger to win games.

This is not acceptable and its up to Neilson to lay it on the line to them, obviously no lessons

learned in the defeat to Dunfermline.☹️.

Exactly! 

5 hours ago, topsport said:

I agree with this.

Stendel went gung ho with no plan to steady things if it didn’t work.
We now seem to have reverted to the other extreme- over cautious sideways/backwards play.

Against teams like our opponents in the championship we should really pressure them, try to take a player on, because on paper our players should have more basic capability than their opponents in the main.

stop switching around the wings and playing them deep, play players up front together. Speed it up! Give the bloody forwards passes forward!! Eventually then one of their shots might go in. Need to stop over complicating things The longer we don’t press these teams, the lower our confidence will be 🙄

By the way this post is more about frustration - I get it might be harder in practice to get the team to do this!

I wonder what they’re getting told to do though 

Absolutely.  And whatever they're being told to do ain't working.  It's jaw-dropping that all of us on here know that, but the powers that be don't. 

Needs to pull his socks up and get angry. Also needs to ask the manager to play another striker alongside him perhaps? But I see no sign that he is forming any sort of partnership with any of our other strikers...

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Needs to pull his socks up and get angry. Also needs to ask the manager to play another striker alongside him perhaps? But I see no sign that he is forming any sort of partnership with any of our other strikers...

Throw fitba boots round the dressing room, 😵 or maybe not, not pc these days lol.