Liam Boyce

Lambo85

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He won the penalty tonight

which was stonewall. If you are going to miss penalties then best do it when you are 3-0 up. 😎

I think he’s a decent player but does need a rest. I think he will score goals for us. 

Nicely teed Halliday up too. I agree with others that he's looked frustrated this season, but tbh he's done pretty well with goals and general play - not excellent as we hope he will be, but decent

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bongo 1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

Ex member of the SaS

NO striker should miss a retaken penalty. Missing the odd one is natural but to miss twice in the same incident is unforgivable.

Ex member of the SaS
58 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Folk need to give Boyce a break... calling him a wage thief😂 he is definitely trying just confidence is lacking probably not helping if he says his own fans comments about him. He will come good I’m sure of it 

Never understood this lack of confidence lark. If you can't do your main job through lack of confidence then you need to find another profession.

13 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Never understood this lack of confidence lark. If you can't do your main job through lack of confidence then you need to find another profession.

I can see why you are an ex member of the SAS. 🤔

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Exactly, Boyce is having a bad time that’s obvious, maybe lacking confidence at this time, but the guy never ever hides, always shows for the ball, great attitude .

Have absolutely no doubt he will come good and prove the doubters wrong.

Although there is no chance they will admit they got it wrong 

2 hours ago, Berra than you said:

100%. The questioning of his attitude is mental. His quality shows in every part of his game apart from in front of goal just now. His hold up play is great and he links players in well. Got a great assist tonight and the one good bit of service he did get he won a penalty from. Even turned a cross from deep onto him 16 yards out into a close chance. People may think Wighton is a better option for his scoring form at the moment but Boyce is better in every aspect of his game. Worth persisting with.

2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Boyce is an excellent striker who’s off the boil and probably absolutely knackered from playing 5 games in 2 weeks. Drop him on Saturday and let Wighton have a run. He’s absolutely not crap though, that just isn’t true, he just isn’t scoring at the moment and it’s clearly a monkey on his back he needs to shake.

Have to laugh at the “lazy” “uninterested” cliches coming out though. Every time a player goes out of form it comes out.

2 hours ago, 5jambo1 said:

If you can’t see that he’s good a football player then......

it’s his movement, his touch, his ability to hold the ball up, his finishing (usually). when he’s on form he is a very good football player  

he is going through a bad spell just now for us, maybe he does need a rest/dropped for a game but I’m confident he will come good, need to back him not slate him. He also brings so much more to the team than goals

Putting the first batch of :spoton: posts in the one place. Boyce's play reeks of quality, but he's having a mare in front of goal and it seems to be getting to him. I agree we should give the guy a break at the weekend, I'd give him another chance on pens though.

Remember that film 'What's eating Gilbert Grape'?  That's how I feel about Boyce just now.  He's not quite at it mentally.  Pretty sure he will burst back to life soon.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did we ever find out why he got the ferry back instead of flying, seems unnecessary extra travelling after 3 games in 6 days. 

Only guessing but maybe to minimise covid exposure? much safer sat in a private cabin on a ferry than being crammed on an easyjet flight 

part_time_jambo
19 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Just glad fans aren't allowed at games. Truly think we've won 9 out of 10 for that reason... 

Spot on - Sean Clare, Craig Wighton both berated by supporters but came good. Doesn't help one bit being booed from the stands, or over-criticised on here

Neil Dongcaster
3 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Spot on - Sean Clare, Craig Wighton both berated by supporters but came good. Doesn't help one bit being booed from the stands, or over-criticised on here

Wighton has scored a few goals playing at a really poor standard. He’s also playing for his next contract at perhaps the worst time in recent memory to be a bang average out of contract footballer.

30 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Just glad fans aren't allowed at games. Truly think we've won 9 out of 10 for that reason... 

Yet last night some claimed its so flat because the fans aren’t there.  Sure it’s the guys who put £100s into their club every seasons fault we are flat in a second half against part timers in the Scottish Championship and not miss management of the club from top to bottom.  Boyce is a good player on topic, does he want to be kicking about this league?  His best displays are in big games for club and country.  Could be a motivational issue.  Certainly not worth the wages we apparently offered him. 

Ex member of the SaS
10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I can see why you are an ex member of the SAS. 🤔

Not sure what you are implying but I was invalided out. Nothing to do with confidence.

11 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

NO striker should miss a retaken penalty. Missing the odd one is natural but to miss twice in the same incident is unforgivable.

Unforgivable ? 😂😂😂

overreact much ?  

Edited by Dazo

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Unforgivable ? 😂😂😂

overreact much ?  

It is just a reflection of how poor his form is at the moment.

I didn't see too many other players rushing to say they wanted to take the penalty though.

You could see why he lifted the ball so high with the second attempt after the daisy cutter first one which was feeeble to say the least.

He really needs a couple of decent goals soon to help with his confidence. He has missed a lot of chances so far this season.

Having said that he had a great assist for Halliday's goal.

Edited by wavydavy

It's ok to question the players attitude (i see a player who always gives 100%) or even his frame of mind at the moment (strikers are never happy if they aint scoring goals) but anyone saying he is a wage thief or not good enough needs there head looked at. He is just having a hard time in front of goal at the moment ( i know his job is to score goals) but everything else he does is high quality. He is IMO one of the best football players at our club.

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It is just a reflection of how poor his form is at the moment.

I didn't see too many other players rushing to say they wanted to take the penalty though.

You could see why he lifted the ball so high with the second attempt after the daisy cutter first one which was feeeble to say the least.

He really needs a couple of decent goals soon to help with his confidence. He has missed a lot of chances so far this season.

Having said that he had a great assist for Halliday's goal.

Yep said before yesterday’s game for some reason his confidence seems shot to pieces. He needs a couple of tap ins to get going. I’m sure he’ll score goals for us but a real danger he can end up like so many cursed strikers before him who stick on a hearts strip then become shite. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Only guessing but maybe to minimise covid exposure? much safer sat in a private cabin on a ferry than being crammed on an easyjet flight 

Fair point, Smith flew back. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Dazo said:

Yep said before yesterday’s game for some reason his confidence seems shot to pieces. He needs a couple of tap ins to get going. I’m sure he’ll score goals for us but a real danger he can end up like so many cursed strikers before him who stick on a hearts strip then become shite. 

He had a tap in from a Smith cross for NI last Wednesday, a feat they haven’t managed yet for us. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

He had a tap in from a Smith cross for NI last Wednesday, a feat they haven’t managed yet for us. 

Unfortunately his NI form isn’t helping how he plays for hearts. 

5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Unfortunately his NI form isn’t helping how he plays for hearts. 

Hopefully the lack of international stuff for a while will allow him to focus on getting his shooting boots back with us. 

The Treasurer

Boyce is a very good player that happens to be suffering a loss of form right now.

It happens, but it will pass and I'm sure he'll get well into double figures for the season

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Boyce is a very good player that happens to be suffering a loss of form right now.

It happens, but it will pass and I'm sure he'll get well into double figures for the season

A brace or hat-trick in the cup final would be a great time to return to form 🥳

1 hour ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Wighton has scored a few goals playing at a really poor standard. He’s also playing for his next contract at perhaps the worst time in recent memory to be a bang average out of contract footballer.

He sort of looks a different shape from what he was

12 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

exactly the same conditions apply to the second penalty

Austin MacGlee

He is in the middle of a goal drought like most strikers in the world go through at points in the season. He will start scoring again and more importantly he is still contributing with his work rate, assists and getting into the right areas to carve out chances. He will be fine. He needs a rest though.

Wish we had crowds in to let this guy know exactly how we feel. I find players are allowing their standards to slip because there's no one on their back letting them know their performances are unacceptable.

The problem is, this guy will probably get Nelson's arm around his shoulder, telling him he can get another 90 and the goals will come. 

Get him telt - kicked up the arse, dropped and let him know he's away in Jan, if he doesn't sort out his problem with kicking a ball towards a goal from 12 yards. 

Berra than you

I know he is missing alot of chances just now, and two of his goals so far were penalties (still got to score them, which he made look difficult last night), but he's played 6 games this season for hearts and scored 3. If that's him on a goal drought I can't wait to see him firing on all cylinders again.

8 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Wish we had crowds in to let this guy know exactly how we feel. I find players are allowing their standards to slip because there's no one on their back letting them know their performances are unacceptable.

The problem is, this guy will probably get Nelson's arm around his shoulder, telling him he can get another 90 and the goals will come. 

Get him telt - kicked up the arse, dropped and let him know he's away in Jan, if he doesn't sort out his problem with kicking a ball towards a goal from 12 yards. 

Bit of a snowflake response to the situation

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Bit of a snowflake response to the situation

I'm just pissed off I'm not getting the chance to go absolutely mental at players like Boyce.

Hopefully common sense prevails and he's no near the starting 11 on Saturday. If he his, I hope he bangs in a hattrick and shuts me up.

5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'm just pissed off I'm not getting the chance to go absolutely mental at players like Boyce.

Hopefully common sense prevails and he's no near the starting 11 on Saturday. If he his, I hope he bangs in a hattrick and shuts me up.

Amen. 🤣

Boyce though lacking in confidence in front of goal and probably needing a rest still managed to play a big part in the second goal.

Folk need to calm down untwist your knickers and let Robbie get it right.

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Win win situation then :whistling:

14 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Putting the first batch of :spoton: posts in the one place. Boyce's play reeks of quality, but he's having a mare in front of goal and it seems to be getting to him. I agree we should give the guy a break at the weekend, I'd give him another chance on pens though.

This.  He scored when it really mattered v Hibs so deserves to work this through.

10 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Win win situation then :whistling:

I usually get things wrong. Let's hope it's the case again this weekend!

2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

👍Here's hoping

This is just an opinion but I think some of the better player around need fans in the ground to bring out the best in them . Its a sort of I have nobody to show what I can do problem.

2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Hear, I hope you get in with a smaller crowd and he can pinpoint who's giving him the abuse. :D That would be funny. 

He’s a decent player, but struggling to find form, not the first, & won’t be the last in this position. 

To me, it looks like he’s trying too hard. 

Wighton will fancy his chances of starting in the next couple of games. 

Bazzas right boot
18 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Unforgivable? 

Sell him, rip up contract, banish to the reserves? 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Cannae wait for the first boo. 

Boooooooooooooooo.... Oooooo

Be magical. 

Liam Boyce is having his problems in front of goal at the moment but I'm hopeful he'll come good. Obviously confidence is low which is having an impact but what does everyone think about his general fitness? It looks to be that injuries have imposed a heavy toll on his body and, compared to his displays at Ross Co & early in his Burton days, he looks a little laboured in his movement. By his own admission, he started his Hearts career not fully fit - is this still an issue today?

19 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Unforgivable 😂😂😂

11 hours ago, Gimme an H... said:

Do you think the players get stage fright then

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cannae wait for the first boo. 

Boooooooooooooooo.... Oooooo

Be magical. 

Cretinous post as per