• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bongo 1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Aw come on mate - if you had watched all the matches this season you would see that Boyce has had numerous golden chances to score and failed!

He was terrible in front of goal tonight but his goal v ICT shows what he is capable of given service from the wings.

He does seem to be one of those strikers who needs a few chances to put one away. No striker should miss two pens though.

He is either physically or

mentally not right just now.

Coming too deep for the ball and with Walker and Naismith doing the same we just don’t stretch the game 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
35 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Overrated and only seems interested in internationals. 

Needs dropping. 

Should have came off for Wighton, that's how bad he is. 

Hearts just don't have a decent striker. 

That’s the problem - we do have a decent striker.

Boyce is a decent striker

We just turn any striker with an ounce of ability to shite or injure them.

Good footballer, definitely cares, very clever with his movement and passing and drags defenders about

Despite all of that I think he needs dropped this weekend, think he's heaping pressure on himself and Wighton deserves his chance

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Rubbish. Lafferty 

13 minutes ago, Buccobruce said:

Exactly, he needs a rest this weekend, he must be knackered after all his travels and games! Pressure off the pens will also help.

I'm not sure travelling the few miles to Northern Ireland, a hop on a plane to Austria and back then a jaunt across the Irish Sea back to Scotland is an excuse. Championship players in England play 5 games in 2 weeks with hours of coach travel to and from games. I'm not having travel or a few games early in his season as a reasonable excuse for his half arsed performances

18 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

If you can’t see that he’s good a football player then......

it’s his movement, his touch, his ability to hold the ball up, his finishing (usually). when he’s on form he is a very good football player  

he is going through a bad spell just now for us, maybe he does need a rest/dropped for a game but I’m confident he will come good, need to back him not slate him. He also brings so much more to the team than goals

I wonder if that is how Neilson sees it?

6 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

He looks depressed 

Did he even smile when he thumped that pen past Marciano? I see where you're coming from.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

lafferty was the best striker we’ve had since Robbo. 

👍And he was in the best form of his career with us. The hearts ruin strikers chat is nippy as **** and totally inaccurate. 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

lafferty was the best striker we’ve had since Robbo. 

Mmmm. In terms of pure numbers but I suggest Jankauskis. 😎

7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I wonder if that is how Neilson sees it?

I think so. He actually does play the lone striker role very well. I wouldn’t be surprised if he scores a hat trick or something over the next few games. I strongly believe he is just going through a poor run of form for us just now. Against Dunfermline, it was the worst I’ve seen him, just nothing came off for him. Tonight he was ok but defo  lacking a bit of confidence. He will come good and prove all the doubter wrong.

Pasquale for King

He was poor tonight and looked tired, have to say though there was only one chance created for him because the standard of crossing was abysmal. Michael Smith is an extremely consistent player with bags of energy but using him as our main attacker just won’t work. Kingsley is a better crosser but is playing within himself and doesn’t venture forward enough, coming back from injury. 
Boyce should be rested on Saturday imo.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, gedster said:

I'm not sure travelling the few miles to Northern Ireland, a hop on a plane to Austria and back then a jaunt across the Irish Sea back to Scotland is an excuse. Championship players in England play 5 games in 2 weeks with hours of coach travel to and from games. I'm not having travel or a few games early in his season as a reasonable excuse for his half arsed performances

Did we ever find out why he got the ferry back instead of flying, seems unnecessary extra travelling after 3 games in 6 days. 

2 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Boyce has to be dropped, missed 2 penalty's, and never looked like scoring. utter rubbish.

Living off knocking the shite out the Cup. 

Probably does need dropped for the return fixture on Saturday. A kick up the arse and a chance to reset might be good for him. 

I'd still give him 30 minutes off the bench and a start v Morton. 

We need him to find some form in front of goal before we play Celtic because we will need our strongest XI on the park and Boyce at his best is without doubt our best striker. 

Scottie Wanshot.
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Living off knocking the shite out the Cup. 

he's just No confidence, maybe needs a break for a couple of weeks.

28 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He has missed a golden chance in every one of the games this season...every one thats not the teams fault.

Upto now his penalties have masked poor performances for some.

He needs dropped as its not doing his confidence any better by staying on.

That being said there is a player in there im sure of it.

Edited by Jamboelite

Folk need to give Boyce a break... calling him a wage thief😂 he is definitely trying just confidence is lacking probably not helping if he says his own fans comments about him. He will come good I’m sure of it 

Just now, Scottie Wanshot. said:

he's just No confidence, maybe needs a break for a couple of weeks.

Certainly Saturday. Would make sense.

Scottie Wanshot.
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Probably does need dropped for the return fixture on Saturday. A kick up the arse and a chance to reset might be good for him. 

I'd still give him 30 minutes off the bench and a start v Morton. 

We need him to find some form in front of goal before we play Celtic because we will need our strongest XI on the park and Boyce at his best is without doubt our best striker. 

how many goals has he scored for Hearts, not counting penalty's.

1 minute ago, Gary Locke said:

Folk need to give Boyce a break... calling him a wage thief😂 he is definitely trying just confidence is lacking probably not helping if he says his own fans comments about him. He will come good I’m sure of it 

Agree to an extent but he has had more grace than some who have not played as bad.

Just now, Jamboelite said:

Agree to an extent but he has had more grace than some who have not played as bad.

He isn’t in best of form but I’ve seen folk saying get rid, wage thief & that he’s not good enough... there’s a reason he plays international football and scored goals basically everywhere he’s been

Scottie Wanshot.
Just now, Jamboelite said:

not scoring with outfield play, now he's missed 2 penalties.  

1 minute ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

not scoring with outfield play, now he's missed 2 penalties.  

And yet could score the winner in a cup final, Scottie. Just the kind of thing that happens. Why we love the game. But rest for Saturday

Scottie Wanshot.
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

And yet could score the winner in a cup final, Scottie. Just the kind of thing that happens. Why we love the game. But rest for Saturday

I wish he was scoring every week, but he just doesn't look happy playing. something wrong.

Just now, Section Q said:

Say what you like.........PISH........!!......and you can't blame the fans..........!

The guys low on confidence, I was delighted when we got him and I still think he’ll do the business for us.

5 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

I wish he was scoring every week, but he just doesn't look happy playing. something wrong.

Oh, I know, I know. When he thrashed the ball into the hibs net he looked like he was getting treatment for piles. Could be a legend by end December.

Sammon - no aspect of his game was effective. In the air,on the ground, linking. Nothing. Surprised st this comparison. Unless its being ironic

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

He has always looked like that

30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was poor tonight and looked tired, have to say though there was only one chance created for him because the standard of crossing was abysmal. Michael Smith is an extremely consistent player with bags of energy but using him as our main attacker just won’t work. Kingsley is a better crosser but is playing within himself and doesn’t venture forward enough, coming back from injury. 
Boyce should be rested on Saturday imo.

Said in the run up to tonight’s match that the full backs need to be more involved in the last third...low and behold Smith pops up with a goal!😁

I agree Kingsley needs to do more. He was part of my whinge of course. Late on and when the game was more comfy, he started running in behind and helping Whyte.  It needs to happen earlier in games though.

As for Boyce, late on summed up the rut he’s in, the clouded mind he’s suffering. He wasn’t ready and was on his heels as a neat ball through from Naisy(I think?)wasn’t read by him.  You just look at those scenarios and start thinking back to some of our better strikers from past times who’d be looking for that to happen and pounce on it.  

It’s a thing that irks me about our players sometimes.  All over the park we don’t anticipate or think a ball may come to our player(s).  Once the ball leaves the area of the pitch they are in, they stop.  We don’t think it could come back in an instant.

54 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He was terrible in front of goal tonight but his goal v ICT shows what he is capable of given service from the wings.

He does seem to be one of those strikers who needs a few chances to put one away. No striker should miss two pens though.

He is either physically or

mentally not right just now.

Coming too deep for the ball and with Walker and Naismith doing the same we just don’t stretch the game 

He has had more than enough chances to put a few away.

Think there's a bit of an overreaction, he's not played great but his link play has been good, agree he needs a rest.

He's a big game player, his debut against Rangers was the perfect performance, did all the simple things and walked away with a goal and assist.  Feel at times this season he's tried too much.

1 hour ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

He looks depressed 

Please, if you will, define ‘looking depressed’.

He won the penalty tonight

which was stonewall. If you are going to miss penalties then best do it when you are 3-0 up. 😎

I think he’s a decent player but does need a rest. I think he will score goals for us. 

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Zeefuik scored close to a goal a game in a much stronger Championship and IIRC he didn't take the penalties

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Said in the run up to tonight’s match that the full backs need to be more involved in the last third...low and behold Smith pops up with a goal!😁

I agree Kingsley needs to do more. He was part of my whinge of course. Late on and when the game was more comfy, he started running in behind and helping Whyte.  It needs to happen earlier in games though.

As for Boyce, late on summed up the rut he’s in, the clouded mind he’s suffering. He wasn’t ready and was on his heels as a neat ball through from Naisy(I think?)wasn’t read by him.  You just look at those scenarios and start thinking back to some of our better strikers from past times who’d be looking for that to happen and pounce on it.  

It’s a thing that irks me about our players sometimes.  All over the park we don’t anticipate or think a ball may come to our player(s).  Once the ball leaves the area of the pitch they are in, they stop.  We don’t think it could come back in an instant.

Absolutely. Neilson says Boyce will stay on the penalties. Let’s hope he gets a couple of tap ins on Saturday.