Liam Boyce

Lambo85

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jr ewing said:

Dunfermline must have been shaking with fear at our front three........not.

A Blah blah .... Not joke! 

Not often you hear them nowadays, I think they're due a comeback, here's hoping...... .. Not. 😉

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bongo 1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

I thought he looked one of your better players in Friday's match. 

playing 20 yards deeper than he should be. 

22 hours ago, Gizmo said:

If we continue to get the ball to Boyce in terrible positions, we'd do better with Wighton as he's far more mobile and capable of skinning defenders to get into the box.

Boyce is being ruined by lack of service as much as anything else. 

Lack of service? How about the numerous sitters he has missed since he came to Hearts 

On 21/11/2020 at 14:08, jambonian said:

The two problem areas for me that i hoped would be rectified at the start of the season was the need for a striker and a solid central defender. Certain individuals have posted replies to this point taking the mick thinking they're smart-arses but last night for me was exactly the problems i expected although hoped we'd get away with. We looked desperate for a striker as Naismith and Boyce were not up to scratch and Wighton was played out of position. This really showed as we tried to get forward with nothing being effective enough. Same with the defence, all over the place when Dunfermline were in and around our box. Popescu was as well not being there. That goal that was deflected into the net...amateurish at best. We need a dominant centre-half in the team. If we don't then there's a lot more of last night to come this season.

Popescu was more concerned about his arms not contacting the ball. His shape was all wrong. 

1 hour ago, bairdy said:

I like Boyce. Was delighted when we signed him, I know he's missed a few sitters recently, but he'll find his 'touch' again'.

What’s a sensible comment doing on this pant wetters thread!?

We lost that game because of weak defending. Playing with a lack of pace and application was a contributory factor though. 

19 hours ago, Groatallar said:

What’s a sensible comment doing on this pant wetters thread!?

We lost that game because of weak defending. Playing with a lack of pace and application was a contributory factor though. 

That’s right. Our main striker missing an absolute sitter had nothing whatsoever to do with us losing the game 2-1. 

7 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

That’s right. Our main striker missing an absolute sitter had nothing whatsoever to do with us losing the game 2-1. 

Our main striker missing a sitter 

Our centre half missing 2 sitters

Same centre half curling up like a wee girl trying to make a block

Switching off at a corner and giving their main threat a free header. 

Our midfield 5 creating the square route of hee-haw.

There’s more but that’s depressing enough.

I'd rather Boyce was missing a couple of easy chances a game, instead of the one, if you catch what I mean.

Obviously rather he wasn't missing any, but we aren't creating enough chances for him.

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'd rather Boyce was missing a couple of easy chances a game, instead of the one, if you catch what I mean.

Obviously rather he wasn't missing any, but we aren't creating enough chances for him.

You're right, we create nothing and not just Friday. This has been a problem for a few years now. I watched a bit of the Fulham v Everton game and then a bit of Polish football, and the difference in each game was that when the ball was out wide that player attacked the full back, not the endless back passing and dare I say it buck passing that we seem to constantly do.

Boyce is top class.

He was shite on Friday.

I would drop him for 1 game to allow him to rest.

He will more often than not score goals for us.

Chill.

2 hours ago, David Black said:

You're right, we create nothing and not just Friday. This has been a problem for a few years now. I watched a bit of the Fulham v Everton game and then a bit of Polish football, and the difference in each game was that when the ball was out wide that player attacked the full back, not the endless back passing and dare I say it buck passing that we seem to constantly do.

That's about right.

3 new wingers, and only one of them consistently attacks the full back position, ( and he's injured !)

9 out of 10 times the other two just pass it inside or backwards.

I'd think Lewis Moore is probably our best bet for a wide player right now.

At the very least you get a full game of graft out of him.

I would be telling Boyce that if he drops short all the time in the way Tony Watt did at Hearts he won't be getting another game.  He is compressing the game, making it difficult for our sloth like midfielders and offering no option for our defenders to play an early long ball over the top.  If he plays as a centre forward it makes the opposition defenders wary, they have to turn and don't have the game in front of them all the time.

He is like every other striker at our club. A 1 in 8 or so kind of goalscorer.

There are more prolific goalscoring defenders in Scotland than the shower of shite we have seen sign for us in the Budge era.

In the past 4 years have all our strikers combined even scored 50 goals?

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He is like every other striker at our club. A 1 in 8 or so kind of goalscorer.

There are more prolific goalscoring defenders in Scotland than the shower of shite we have seen sign for us in the Budge era.

In the past 4 years have all our strikers combined even scored 50 goals?

Senior career record is 169 goals in 369 appearances, hardly 1 in 8. 
Agree he has yet to impress with us but at least be honest in your criticism. 

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

25 between them I'd say. 

30 something. 25 or 26 in the league. We must've scored aplenty in the championship, I8. 

And I'll apologise to IG, I was a tad harsh. Bluto was my useless attempt at a put down. Tho he did sweat, A Lot. 

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Senior career record is 169 goals in 369 appearances, hardly 1 in 8. 
Agree he has yet to impress with us but at least be honest in your criticism. 

I only count with Hearts. It is irrelevant to us what any striker done before.  I mind Conner slimey heid Sammon banging the goals in for Kilmarnock one season. Joins us and......well I am sure you know what the usual outcome was.

Just now, ri Alban said:

30 something. 25 or 26 in the league. We must've scored aplenty in the championship, I8. 

Aye which is why I never included that season in my post.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Aye which is why I never included that season in my post.

👍

Tho, similar striking potential should be on the cards. I'm pretty confident LB will start to bag the goals, soon. 

Edited by ri Alban

16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I only count with Hearts. 

He has 3 goals in 5 starts this season. Nowhere near 1 in 8.  Overall his record since joining is 1 in 3 which is not bad for a team that was toiling when he signed. 

12 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He has 3 goals in 5 starts this season. Nowhere near 1 in 8.  Overall his record since joining is 1 in 3 which is not bad for a team that was toiling when he signed. 

We are playing in tier 2. He should be 1 in 1.

1 hour ago, Coco said:

I would be telling Boyce that if he drops short all the time in the way Tony Watt did at Hearts he won't be getting another game.  He is compressing the game, making it difficult for our sloth like midfielders and offering no option for our defenders to play an early long ball over the top.  If he plays as a centre forward it makes the opposition defenders wary, they have to turn and don't have the game in front of them all the time.

This, the only times we've looked decent this season is with Ginnely in the team as he pushes us further up the park with his direct running, without him we're are constantly too deep and a huge part of that is when either Naismith or Boyce drop 20 years for no other reason than to lay the ball back off to an even deeper midfielder. Both Boyce and Naismith seem to play with a hero syndrome in that they need to be on the ball to feel they are leading the team when in fact they can be much more of an asset off the ball by pushing the opposition defence backwards.  

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

And he does a power of dirty work.

5 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

How many times has he played for Hearts?

How many goals has he scored in open play?

3 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

And he does a power of dirty work.

He was targeted as a proven goal scorer and paid accordingly.

The Treasurer

Could those are having a go at Boyce (a current internationalist) suggest who we could have got that's better, for the same money and would be willing to play for a club in the Scottish championship ?

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Could those are having a go at Boyce (a current internationalist) suggest who we could have got that's better, for the same money and would be willing to play for a club in the Scottish championship ?

could those who are paid by Hearts to scout players please answer that one.

21 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

could those who are paid by Hearts to scout players please answer that one.

That’ll be a no then. 😄 

Did you think Boyce was a good signing when he arrived?

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’ll be a no then. 😄 

Did you think Boyce was a good signing when he arrived?

Obviously it is a no to what in my opinion was a daft question.

In any event I have never criticised the Club for signing Boyce - my criticism is of Boyce’s performances so far where he has missed a sitter in virtually every game he has played!

He is an excellent penalty taker but if I’m correct he has only scored 2 goals in open play since he came to Hearts - IMO that is a poor return from a striker of Boyce’s reputation.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Obviously it is a no to what in my opinion was a daft question.

In any event I have never criticised the Club for signing Boyce - my criticism is of Boyce’s performances so far where he has missed a sitter in virtually every game he has played!

He is an excellent penalty taker but if I’m correct he has only scored 2 goals in open play since he came to Hearts - IMO that is a poor return from a striker of Boyce’s reputation.

I certainly think it’s disappointing. He got an injury early in his Hearts career and this season he’s had several international trips which I doubt have helped. Anyway, hoping he peaks by 20/12. 

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I certainly think it’s disappointing. He got an injury early in his Hearts career and this season he’s had several international trips which I doubt have helped. Anyway, hoping he peaks by 20/12. 

He needs to start taking his chances - starting from tonight! 🤞

Seriously, wtf is wrong with him? He just trudges around like a broken man completely devoid of any confidence. 
I’ll credit him for ‘wanting’ the ball and opportunities etc but he looks a complete disaster at the moment.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall