Popescu

DB-14

Defensively suspect and I don’t know if Berra is the answer but one thing I do know is Christophe buries those chances that he missed last night.

Popescu is yet to have a commanding game at the back. Personally I think he should be dropped for the next game, Smith in the middle and Brandon on the right is another option.

52 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

Defensively suspect and I don’t know if Berra is the answer but one thing I do know is Christophe buries those chances that he missed last night.

Popescu is yet to have a commanding game at the back. Personally I think he should be dropped for the next game, Smith in the middle and Brandon on the right is another option.

I’d have Berra in over Popescu and I think Robbie will in time. 

Not sure about bringing Brandon in for Popescu. Would you rather get kicked in the balls or poked in the eye?

3 minutes ago, Arry said:

Berra all day long over this imposter ... where do we find these duds?

Be very very careful what you wish for. 

If Berra is the answer I have absolutely no idea what the question is

WheatfieldWarrior
17 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I think the question could be "How do you defend a penalty box?"

halkett and popescu aren't even challenging in the air when the ball comes in.

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior

A_A wehatethehibs
14 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

We’ve got back to back games against Alloa, Popescu will start Tuesday Berra will start league cup on Saturday I reckon. 

It would be a huge boost if Berra was able to find a last bit of fuel in the career tank to just settle our defence down and make us rock solid championship back 4, see out his career. At Dundee he looked comfortable in this division played 5 and they kept 5 shut outs. 

Obviously theres major doubts if its possible but I’ll bet you a dollar one man will be watching the replays of 2 very poorly defended goals last night, hoping it’s possible: Robbie Neilson

Kidd’s Boots

I don't get the fear that others have for Popescu,did well to get the headers on target last night, and given Halkett's scoring record from corners I'd say he's the one posted missing from that dept in the past few games. His distribution through midfield has been solid so far this season, but last night Dunfermline were half a yard quicker to everything through the middle. Lee was left for dead at the first goal, a recurring theme in our midfield all game.

4 hours ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

I don't get the fear that others have for Popescu,did well to get the headers on target last night, and given Halkett's scoring record from corners I'd say he's the one posted missing from that dept in the past few games. His distribution through midfield has been solid so far this season, but last night Dunfermline were half a yard quicker to everything through the middle. Lee was left for dead at the first goal, a recurring theme in our midfield all game.

When I read the bit about his headers being on target, I was only going to reply to say that hitting the woodwork isn’t hitting the target. But then I read the part when you said his distribution has been solid so far this season. So I’ve just came to the conclusion that you were drunk while watching the game last night and still are??

The modern obsession with defenders who can pass but can’t defend has seen the likes of Popescu leap ahead of Berra. Quick wake up call for Robbie it’s not the champions league we are playing in so get Berra in next to Halkett

Bazzas right boot

Giving all the "shan" and immature Nicknames certain posters like to allocate to our playing and managerial staff I'm disappointed no one has came up with Poopescu, it's right there. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think the question could be "How do you defend a penalty box?"

halkett and popescu aren't even challenging in the air when the ball comes in.

Yip and Tbh, hitting a cannon ball out wide and playing for the second ball now and then isn't a bad idea. Seems to confuse us. 

Berra better get his go gadget heed and left peg oiled up to start smashing that ball into oblivion.

18Jambo_dave74

I think some people have short memories when it comes to Berra and just how bad he was last season.

Popescu had a very poor game against Dunfermline and has had his shaky moments but has done fine since he’s joined. His distribution has been quite poor in recent games however it is miles ahead of Berra’s aimless lumps up the park. 

Berra will see this season out as a back up centre back then should be moved on. 

If we were dropping Popescu I’d rather see Kingsley at centre back and White at left back.

Kidd’s Boots
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

When I read the bit about his headers being on target, I was only going to reply to say that hitting the woodwork isn’t hitting the target. But then I read the part when you said his distribution has been solid so far this season. So I’ve just came to the conclusion that you were drunk while watching the game last night and still are??

A conclusion and opinion your welcome to keep to yourself

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Yip fishing I reckon coz he was murder even time he got in way of Boyce to be added to take of woe, Berra would have scored those headers methinks.