Popescu

DB-14

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

If those headers are a couple of inches lower he gets credit on here. 

Worse performances in the team all over than him imo.

Guy is ****ing hopeless defensively wasn’t even considering his two misses.

Corstorphine Jambo

Berra, rightly, takes stick for his poor distribution. Popescu’s distribution tonight was abysmal. Can’t think I’ve seen worse. He can’t play left sided centre back, that much is obvious.

A_A wehatethehibs

Neilsons finger will be on the drop-him-for-berra button shortly... which is scary as that’s our only other choice. Very scary 

Just now, jonesy said:

We've been mince at the back since signing Halkett. Seems like a nice guy, but not good enough for Hearts. Guy tows more caravans than a convoy of *****.

Its very clear that we signed the wrong Livi Centre half

jambogirlglasgow

Both those headers came off the side/back of his head. So basic. Of course he couldn’t get the right trajectory- and as for his defending and passing. Can’t stand the guy.

4 minutes ago, Gone said:

The way he goes up for headers is how I'd imagine a blind player trying to head a ball with a bell in it. Never looks confident

He times his jump well goes up like hes gonna bullet it with his forehead then almost turns his head and flicks it with the side of his napper and loses accuracy. There were worst players tonight but collectively we passed more balls to them than us.

jambogirlglasgow
22 minutes ago, Heartbeat said:

He times his jump well goes up like hes gonna bullet it with his forehead then almost turns his head and flicks it with the side of his napper and loses accuracy. There were worst players tonight but collectively we passed more balls to them than us.

Exactly what I was trying to explain about his headers. A total joke. 

29 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Neilsons finger will be on the drop-him-for-berra button shortly... which is scary as that’s our only other choice. Very scary 

Indeed. We have no cover at CH and no cover whatsoever at FB. 

And on tonight’s performance I’m worried about the midfield.  

I said this about 3 weeks ago and got roundly criticised- Popescu.  File under Ozturk.  Another Bomb-scare 

Neilson - file under Levein 

I’ve been very vocal in my opinion of him. But tonight took it to a new level. He can’t win a header, he can’t tackle, he can’t pass to a team mate and to top it off he misses TWO free headers from 6 yards. He is by far the worst centre half we’ve had perhaps since the relegation season. I keep hearing that he has some good sides to his game but he’s maybe just poor defensively . . poor defensively?? HE’S A F****** CENTRE HALF! 

jambogirlglasgow
9 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I’ve been very vocal in my opinion of him. But tonight took it to a new level. He can’t win a header, he can’t tackle, he can’t pass to a team mate and to top it off he misses TWO free headers from 6 yards. He is by far the worst centre half we’ve had perhaps since the relegation season. I keep hearing that he has some good sides to his game but he’s maybe just poor defensively . . poor defensively?? HE’S A F****** CENTRE HALF! 

I’m with you on this. 

49 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No it isn’t. Smith could play in there and Soutar is only a week or two away from re-joining training. Haring could play there as well. Kingsley has played at Centre-back for Hull as well. Options are many and Berra is probably the worst one. 

13 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I said this about 3 weeks ago and got roundly criticised- Popescu.  File under Ozturk.  Another Bomb-scare 

Neilson - file under Levein 

When has Popescu cost us a goal this season? 

24 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

When has Popescu cost us a goal this season? 

I’d say about an hour and a half ago with his wee girly half- hearted hands behind the back attempt at a block for the first?

He cost us two of our own goals by missing free headers from 6 yards. 

Maybe his s*** defending has luckily for him not cost us a goal as yet. But it contributes massively to the performance and result

41 minutes ago, Gambo said:

A few loose passes, like everyone in twam, but does okay for me.

I’d agree. There are far worse than him in this squad.

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

I’d say about an hour and a half ago with his wee girly half- hearted hands behind the back attempt at a block for the first?

He cost us two of our own goals by missing free headers from 6 yards. 

Maybe his s*** defending has luckily for him not cost us a goal as yet. But it contributes massively to the performance and result

Free headers? Boyce had a free header, Popescu’s were anything but free headers.

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Free headers? Boyce had a free header, Popescu’s were anything but free headers.

Sorry my apologies.

He got a clean connection with them both. From close range. And made a ^^^^ of them both. 

That better?

8 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Sorry my apologies.

He got a clean connection with them both. From close range. And made a ^^^^ of them both. 

That better?

I’d wager that we’ll see far better players than Popescu, make far worse attempts than those, in the EPL this weekend alone, never mind in other top leagues.

I’m as fecked off with anyone about the performance/result but if I was looking to blame someone for costing us two goals I’d blame Boyce for missing an absolutely free header, and Naismith for passing when he was virtually one on one with the keeper.

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’d wager that we’ll see far better players than Popescu, make far worse attempts than those, in the EPL this weekend alone, never mind in other top leagues.

I’m as fecked off with anyone about the performance/result but if I was looking to blame someone for costing us two goals I’d blame Boyce for missing an absolutely free header, and Naismith for passing when he was virtually one on one with the keeper.

👍👍👍

A_A wehatethehibs
7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

No it isn’t. Smith could play in there and Soutar is only a week or two away from re-joining training. Haring could play there as well. Kingsley has played at Centre-back for Hull as well. Options are many and Berra is probably the worst one. 

So the alternative to Berra is for the manager to tinker and re-jig full backs or midfielders out of position?

The only other central defender at Hearts is Berra at present and that is a fact.

Have a look at Kingsley's aerial defending for the second goal from the corner last night. His man scored unchallenged. Not a CB end of discussion. As for Smith, great, we've got defensive problems conceding a couple of soft goals, let's bring Jamie Brandon in to the team to fix it. And as for Haring, has to start the next game at centre mid if he's fit, no ifs no buts absolute must. 

Any manager in the Hearts dugout would be thinking about both conceded goals last night and wishing they had a fit Christophe Berra to defend both situations. As fans we know a "fit Berra" no longer actually exists but as I say, I think Neilson's finger will be on that button more in hope than expectation. Popescu will start Tuesday night and Berra will be in line to start the league cup game on Saturday. 

7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I blame the lot of them. 

The Establishment
8 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Souttar is back training in a week or two??!!

I wasn't expecting him back this season or at least til spring. Is this new news?

9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Halkett and Popescu need launched in May. 

Yep. If we do win the league that defensive pair would send us straight back down again. 

Idiotic to be blaming a centre half for missing chances but that's JKB.

Some cracking melodrama on here this morning and it's doing wonders for the hangover. 

:rofl:

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

So the alternative to Berra is for the manager to tinker and re-jig full backs or midfielders out of position?

The only other central defender at Hearts is Berra at present and that is a fact.

Have a look at Kingsley's aerial defending for the second goal from the corner last night. His man scored unchallenged. Not a CB end of discussion. As for Smith, great, we've got defensive problems conceding a couple of soft goals, let's bring Jamie Brandon in to the team to fix it. And as for Haring, has to start the next game at centre mid if he's fit, no ifs no buts absolute must. 

Any manager in the Hearts dugout would be thinking about both conceded goals last night and wishing they had a fit Christophe Berra to defend both situations. As fans we know a "fit Berra" no longer actually exists but as I say, I think Neilson's finger will be on that button more in hope than expectation. Popescu will start Tuesday night and Berra will be in line to start the league cup game on Saturday. 

Soutar????