Another Livi-esque Result

Jeff

‪Massive overreaction to one defeat. People calling out players they were praising 3 weeks ago. Time to buckle up, never going to win every game.‬ Not great tonight but let’s see how they bounce back.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• Stone1992

• Jeff

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The thing is Dunfermline will struggle against the same shite in another week. We’ll get promoted.

We should get promoted but we'll get relegated again if we keep 95% of these players. 

We have been shite all season apart from the Dundee game. 

Out of that team the only ones I would keep would be Gordon, Smith, Kingsley and Boyce. 
Add in Haring and Ginelly. 
The rest just aren’t good enough tbh. Back pass or long ball night. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

We should get promoted but we'll get relegated again if we keep 95% of these players. 

We need an upgrade all over the pitch and I’ll be saying the same if we never lose another game all season and beat the green, yellow teethed and white mob at Hampden 

2 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Out of that team the only ones I would keep would be Gordon, Smith, Kingsley and Boyce. 

What has Boyce done to tickle your fancy. He’s been poor so far this season 

Edited by GinRummy

49 minutes ago, Gone said:

Happy clappers will be delighted we hit the bar twice though...

Shambles

WTF. Nowhere near comparable. 😂🤦‍♂️

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, ecky92 said:

This. 

Said on the match thread but everyone seemed happy because we were winning even though playing badly. Results just papering over the cracks. This has been a massive wake up call for the team and hopefully the fans.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:lol: tbf, we were playing opposition that were at least tough last season, SPL level sides. We should be hammering shite like Dunfermline. We've struggled against crap like Cowdenbeath and Arbroath so far. Same shite, different season. 

Should be, agreed. But teams don't often win leagues without being beaten by lesser teams. Ofc if Dunf do what we did in our champ season, they will have deserved it, and would be the better team overall.  It'll be a tough task for them, that's for sure.

To me we didn't play great, but we could have easily got a point, just unfortunate with the 2 goal blitz.  Didn't see much tonight that made me think we won't be top after the first round if fixtures, we'll see.

2 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Think that's a fair assessment tbh, still hope the laddies can come in and make a name

Brighton Jambo
18 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Personally, I don't judge games based solely on their scoreline. They were all over us. It could have been 4 or 5. One of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Hearts team. 

That isn’t even in the top three this calendar year for poor performances.  

Hamilton home, Kilmarnock home, St Mirren away to name but three.

Tonight we were the best team in the first half and could have been ahead.  They score a deflected goal and a set piece.  Yes they had chances after that because we had about 6 players in their half pushing for an equaliser.   This was also a team who have got off to a cracking start to the season not the likes of the teams I name above. 

Boyce doesn’t miss a sitter and we probably get a point.

Talk of worst ever performances is hysterical in the extreme.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The thing is Dunfermline will struggle against the same shite in another week. We’ll get promoted.

No sure about that to be honest if they strengthen again in January we are in trouble.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What has Boyce done to tickle your fancy. He’s been poor so far this season 

Your right, however with better players and better service he will score goals. Just my opinion tho 

WoolfordsHearts
28 minutes ago, Mabawsa said:

I very rarely post. But that was the breaking point for me. Prior to the season kicking off I saw several comments about how we would walk this league, something I personally doubted. Was not excited by the appointment of Robbie and still felt that a few of the team needed emptied. I’m sorry but even in the Dundee game I felt too many folk waltzed through our defence and have done so in every game since. The Adam goal highlights it, not one challenge. 
This team is not good enough.

"Breaking point"

😁

Just now, ecky92 said:

Your right, however with better players and better service he will score goals. Just my opinion tho 

Aye, I’m not saying I don’t see him doing well but players with the quality he has should he shining in this league. Early days though. My comments influenced by disappointment tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

No sure about that to be honest if they strengthen again in January we are in trouble.

Not having that at all. They’re ****ing shit. We just had a stinker tonight. 

7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

That isn’t even in the top three this calendar year for poor performances.  

Hamilton home, Kilmarnock home, St Mirren away to name but three.

Tonight we were the best team in the first half and could have been ahead.  They score a deflected goal and a set piece.  Yes they had chances after that because we had about 6 players in their half pushing for an equaliser.   This was also a team who have got off to a cracking start to the season not the likes of the teams I name above. 

Boyce doesn’t miss a sitter and we probably get a point.

Talk of worst ever performances is hysterical in the extreme.  

Those were SPL level sides ffs. 

We were appalling and we should be going to teams like Dunfermline, controlling games, dominating possession, territory, having 20 shots at goal and barely ever troubled defensively. 

We were all over the shop. We couldn't string two passes together and created very little from open play against a side with about a 10th of our budget.

A ****ing pisstake of a performance and it was on the cards because we've not put in a good performance over 90 minutes all season. 

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

They were all over us. We were appalling. 

Yep, 

We knew we needed to win this game to be top in case the league is stopped.

The Livi scoreline was bad, but to compare, it was in a higher division as has been stated, we had Bobby give away a penalty, Hughes at age 75 playing walking football for the second half, Djoum sent off and Mclean up front on his own throughout as he only fit striker as part of the first wave of injuries.  

Tonight we could pick from nearly everyone and play with 2 international strikers up front in Boyce and Naismith.

Unless both of these teams slip up quickly, it could take a month to get back to the top and a lot can happen in that time.

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior

13 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Yep, 

The Livi scoreline was bad, but to compare, it was in a higher division as has been stated, we had Bobby give away a penalty, Hughes at age 75 playing walking football for the second half, Djoum sent off and Mclean up front on his own throughout as he only fit striker as part of the first wave of injuries.  

Tonight we could pick from nearly everyone and play with 2 international strikers up front in Boyce and Naismith.

Unless both of these teams slip up quickly, it could take a month to get back to the top and a lot can happen in that time.

Spot on. 

I mean we were garbage but I could name 10 worse performances in the last year. 

A lot of improvement needed and quite a few worrying areas but we're 4 games in and will be a point off the top on Tuesday

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Let’s hope, for all our sanity, that we beat Alloa on Tuesday. 🤪

Dave, "hoping" to beat Alloa pretty much tells you how low we have sunk.

9 hours ago, Gone said:

Shambles

It was a poor result, but not that bad.   

you are right though, even after that result, Budge backed Levein, as did many on here.  As what happened with Cathrin after a string of poor results. 

That is the worry if we get many more results like that, as we are not as god as our unbeaten run suggested.   

Tuesday is suddenly a big game, but we really should be winning that comfortably.  

10 hours ago, Mort said:

‪Massive overreaction to one defeat. People calling out players they were praising 3 weeks ago. Time to buckle up, never going to win every game.‬ Not great tonight but let’s see how they bounce back.

It’s football as a Hearts supporter chief.  To be fair, I don’t think it is an overreaction.  We’ve been terrible for weeks now. The players dug in against Hibs and were rightfully praised, but at this level they are too complacent and lacklustre.  Teams are chomping at the bit to play us because we’re so blatantly obvious and don’t seem  to have a plan B.  We’ve been sussed out already. 2-0 up against East Fife after 90 seconds, yet we had to hang on and rely on them being shit in front of goal.  This has been coming, I got shot down for my critique of Halkett, Popescu, Boyce and Naismith against ICT.  Clearly no improvement from any of them last night. Centre halves still getting bullied and unable to make a simple pass out of defence. Naismith and Boyce making the wrong decisions rather than putting a foot on the ball and trying to play with the game in front of them.  

Last time round in this league, we had games won by half time, we were relentless.  This time, we’re passing the life out the ball and trying Pep G shite 20 yards out.  We’re giving these teams too much time to get back in position and park the bus.  I’m not against a slow build up, as long as the end product is getting the ball in the opponent box and having players well placed to receive it.  There was next to no movement at all off the ball.  At times last night, it took us about 2 mins to get the ball into their half and when we did there was no players in space or an onside position to receive it.  

Don’t get me started on that lay off from Naismith when he just had the keeper to beat.  

I’m not going to start calling for heads or piloting planes, but I’m still furious about how much of a pushover we looked last night.  

Last night was not good enough.  No where near it 
Our performance vs East Fife was not good enough.  

But this is nonsense to suggest it was like the livi result - absolute nonsense. 

That game was an utter disgrace and one of the few times you can comfortably say the players that night  chucked it, gave up , weren’t interested in being there. 

A few concerns going forward, Boyce not in great form, Naismith finished?  , concerns over the CB pairing , signings frear and Robert’s don’t look great , 

All concerns but not time to hit the panic button.  

Hopefully a wake up call and a reminder we are a cup final for the rest of the league so just turning up isn’t going to cut it. 

13 hours ago, Gone said:

Shambles

You know, if you really try, you may find it is possible to make a post without denigrating fellow fans with the childish 'happy clappers' jibe.

16 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Personally, I don't judge games based solely on their scoreline. They were all over us. It could have been 4 or 5. One of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Hearts team. 

You're new to Hearts supporting I take it, then?

Seen hundreds worse than that

3 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

You're new to Hearts supporting I take it, then?

Are you? That last night was up there. It was an appalling performance.

Just now, Hearts007 said:

Seen hundreds worse than that

Against sides with about a 10th of our budget? 🤔 

I've seen quite a few but last night was pretty pish. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Against sides with about a 10th of our budget? 🤔 

I've seen quite a few but last night was pretty pish. 

yep and yep

Just now, Cruyff said:

Should never happen. 

Agreed and its frustrating  but that's football and it doesn't just happen to us

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Agreed and its frustrating  but that's football and it doesn't just happen to us

No but we've been lucky so far against the likes of Arbroath and Cowdenbeath. We should be smashing everyone off the park. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

No but we've been lucky so far against the likes of Arbroath and Cowdenbeath. We should be smashing everyone off the park. 

yep

11 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Dave, "hoping" to beat Alloa pretty much tells you how low we have sunk.

Thing was is that i watched the Alloa Dundee game a couple of weeks back and thought they were pretty decent considering they are part-time. 3-1 up against Dundee but they threw it away with a ridiculous and unnescessary free kick for Charlie Adam to score and a late goal earning Dundee a point. 

We have to treat every game as if it was our last and if anything, the Dunfermline game highlights this. 

15 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Yep, 

hughes🤣liked that.

jack D and coke

This. As bad as anything I’ve watched over the last two seasons. 
If anyone is in any doubt about that or think we were unlucky then we’re in trouble. 
Absolutely dreadful. 

Scottie Wanshot.
17 hours ago, Gone said:

Shambles

we get a header in front of goal and they don't head the ball down, hitting the bar or over.

IMO we saw a distinct lack of leadership when we went 1-0 down then 2-0.

Walker doesn't even look interested. I thought the mentality from the players was pretty poor. Very lethargic, that they thought they could just turn up.

We need a player who can get on the ball and drive it forward whilst actually holding onto the ball. Sort of like John McGinn, that kind of player. Walker should be the one doing it, because he has the ability to do it. I'm really frustrated with his showing last night.  

Салатные палочки
4 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

Last night was not good enough.  No where near it 
Our performance vs East Fife was not good enough.  

But this is nonsense to suggest it was like the livi result - absolute nonsense. 

That game was an utter disgrace and one of the few times you can comfortably say the players that night  chucked it, gave up , weren’t interested in being there. 

A few concerns going forward, Boyce not in great form, Naismith finished?  , concerns over the CB pairing , signings frear and Robert’s don’t look great , 

All concerns but not time to hit the panic button.  

Hopefully a wake up call and a reminder we are a cup final for the rest of the league so just turning up isn’t going to cut it. 

Boyce hasn't been in great form since we signed him.

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

IMO we saw a distinct lack of leadership when we went 1-0 down then 2-0.

Walker doesn't even look interested. I thought the mentality from the players was pretty poor. Very lethargic, that they thought they could just turn up.

We need a player who can get on the ball and drive it forward whilst actually holding onto the ball. Sort of like John McGinn, that kind of player. Walker should be the one doing it, because he has the ability to do it. I'm really frustrated with his showing last night.  

Walker is lucky he got a move back to Hearts as he is destined for the scrap heap. 

Nelly Terraces

I still find it almost like I imagined that result versus a club who used to be Meadowbank Thistle, it was just SO incredibly bad it's hard to think it actually ever really happened. It should've been an immediate sacking offence, yet it was just brushed off as a run of the mill loss. 

Although last nights result is nowhere near comparible, the approach to it is the same & indicative of the same soft, weak & almost 'laissez-faire' attitude that still pervades the club to this day. Feel free to slaughter me, but I genuinely believe that winning doesn't count enough, and losing hurt enough at Hearts & that this starts at the top & permeates down. Seems like too many people on an easy ride.

So, last night could be excused if it was a bad game in isolation, even the best teams have their off day, but it's really not. The Hearts support have had to suffer watching pretty turgid, negative & ultimately unsuccesful football for not just a few weeks or months now, but four YEARS with the last 2 being nothing short of cataclysmic. The whole mentality at the club has to change, otherwise mediocrity will sadly just continue & poor displays & defeats put down to 'just one of those things'.  

Shite, yes. But losing 2-1 to a side who will be challenging for the title with us, is nowhere near as shambolic as losing 5-0 to a newly promoted side who finished 9th that season. 

31 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I still find it almost like I imagined that result versus a club who used to be Meadowbank Thistle, it was just SO incredibly bad it's hard to think it actually ever really happened. It should've been an immediate sacking offence, yet it was just brushed off as a run of the mill loss. 

Although last nights result is nowhere near comparible, the approach to it is the same & indicative of the same soft, weak & almost 'laissez-faire' attitude that still pervades the club to this day. Feel free to slaughter me, but I genuinely believe that winning doesn't count enough, and losing hurt enough at Hearts & that this starts at the top & permeates down. Seems like too many people on an easy ride.

So, last night could be excused if it was a bad game in isolation, even the best teams have their off day, but it's really not. The Hearts support have had to suffer watching pretty turgid, negative & ultimately unsuccesful football for not just a few weeks or months now, but four YEARS with the last 2 being nothing short of cataclysmic. The whole mentality at the club has to change, otherwise mediocrity will sadly just continue & poor displays & defeats put down to 'just one of those things'.  

I genuinely feel the same. Thankfully an easy game to block out as Livi have no fans to remind us of it, but I still look at that scoreline with a sheer disbelief. The fact as well that with 20 minutes to go, it was still 0-0 and just looked like your average shan Hearts performance away from home. I left the ground at 2-0 and by the time we walked round the other side of the ground, it was 4. Heads should've been ****ing rolling after that one.