• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Gambo

• BigAlim

• NB GIN

Halliday said himself he isn’t a holding player and never has been. No surprise when he’s got license to get forward like last night he creates chances and scores. It’s either Halliday or Lee beside Haring.

Leveins Battalion

I find it crazy that some people are giving Halliday stick,the guy has hardly kicked a ball for 6 months

and was thrust into the season after a weeks training.

Boyce will come good also,the guy needs support.

HEARTS FOREVER
16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I find it crazy that some people are giving Halliday stick,the guy has hardly kicked a ball for 6 months

Correct.

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Nah, he's shite. Jkb massive have spoken. 

Nah, he needs slagged and dropped, support? 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Halliday said himself he isn’t a holding player and never has been. No surprise when he’s got license to get forward like last night he creates chances and scores. It’s either Halliday or Lee beside Haring.

Yip, I think it wil be them 2 more and more as the season moves forward. 

Shooter McGavin
36 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The way players are written off on here is quite staggering.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I know the thread is about Halliday so don't want to derail it too much but what do you mean by support?

2 hours ago, Crookie said:

Had a good game and clearly benefits from having Haring beside him. Good finish for his goal.

The common denominator is Haring; everyone benefits when they have Haring next to them.

Dennis Reynolds
9 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

I mean don't think he's terrible, he's got 2 goals this season ofc, but I think he's going to be one of those very standard players that somehow gets praise heaped on him and avoids rightful criticism when he's shite. The polar opposite of what's happening with Lee basically. 

Even if he turned out to be our best player, I'd still think the hype over him joining was weird though. 

You post that you think he's going to avoid rightful criticism when he's shite on a thread specifically created to criticise him when he was shite?

Looked a better prospect last night  - mind though you have to take into account the standard of the opposition.  He’s certainly not as bad as some would have it though. The jury is still out for me. Hopefully he’ll continue to improve.

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

This for me too. Played well last night. Who'd have thought playing games after a long time out it would take him a while to get back to anywhere near his best? 

part_time_jambo
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The way players are written off on here is quite staggering.

Totally agree. Too many people willing to write good players off. Last season it was Wighton, and he's now flavour of the month for scoring a few goals. Boyce hasn't suddenly become a bad player, he is just off form. This is just a fact of football. It happens with my Hattrick players too, so it must be a thing.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Feel like he will be a big player for us this season once he gets fully up to speed, but I'm not sure he should be playing every game at the moment, especially when a young guy with the quality that Irving has is waiting in the wings.

Tokyo Drifter
2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Nothing I've seen from Halliday so far makes me think he isn't worth a starting place. I'd play him ahead of Lee, especially if we have Kingsley for set-pieces.

Good finish for the goal and he made a few runs like that last night. I think he will be a big player for us. Got to remember some of our players have hardly played in 6 months so probably still not 100% sharp. 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, saxondale said:

The common denominator is Haring; everyone benefits when they have Haring next to them.

Exactly.

And we have to remember that Haring is still nowhere near fully match fit 

1 hour ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Nothing I've seen from Halliday so far makes me think he isn't worth a starting place. I'd play him ahead of Lee, especially if we have Kingsley for set-pieces.

In the short time he was on the pitch last night Lee showed why he's a better player than Halliday. Linking play, reading the game and touch on the ball, all better than Halliday, he's not as good at running about though.

38 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

In the short time he was on the pitch last night Lee showed why he's a better player than Halliday. Linking play, reading the game and touch on the ball, all better than Halliday, he's not as good at running about though.

Or competing for the ball, or defending, or being anything other than hopeless when we're under pressure. 

Off the top of my head, his feeble attempts at defending cost us Charlie Adams goal and Dunfermline's first - and this is just the 2nd tier.

5 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You have been taking “talking sense” pills for a while now.

Keep taking them 👍

Agree with this 👍

Amazing how low expectations are amongst some levels of the support : we're talking about the 2nd tier of Scottish football here. If he's not up to the job because he's had 6 months out what the hell is he doing in the team ? Are we THAT desperate for players ? 

Fair play to him for last night's performance though. 

18Jambo_dave74

I thought he was much better last night. His runs in to the box beyond the striker is something we have really missed - timed it perfectly for his goal and made another great run that Walker failed to play him in for. 

Provided the cross for the first goal and (I think?) it was Halliday who drove forward and played the pass in to Boyce for the penalty.

Probably no coincidence that he played well with Haring in beside him. 

8 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Haring is a certain first pick 

then I would go with 

Irving Lee Halliday in that order