Halliday

NB GIN

8 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

He is still settling into a new team and to achieve full match fitness, he has had an injury recently, give the guy a break wasn't a great night for us, we have to and will improve with games 

neebur, if he wasn't fit enough he shouldn't be on the pitch, stop with the defense of him tonight, he is a seasoned player who by now should be savvy enough and experienced enough to deal with a team where the championship is their level ... honestly tae fcuk min!

Edited by Maroon 1874

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Gambo

• BigAlim

• NB GIN

Just now, BelgeJambo said:

You look at the defensive partnership he had with Gallagher at Livi and he is now miles behind Gallagher

Oops wrong thread

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Halliday is utter rank ... no more to say 

Agreed,  I’ve been shocked how poor he has been.  Thought we had a player

Doctor FinnBarr
45 minutes ago, Maroon 1874 said:

neebur, if he wasn't fit enough he shouldn't be on the pitch, stop with the defense of him tonight, he is a seasoned player who by now should be savvy enough and experienced enough to deal with a team where the championship is their level ... honestly tae fcuk min!

Another dud from the Rangers who should be no feckin place near us.

2 hours ago, Yoda said:

Agreed.  He thinks he's better than he is.  No wonder the Celtic fans used to chant his name in old-firm games.

That says it all mate tbh. 

I thought we were getting some kind of psycho with a winning mentality but all we got is another bang average player in a squad riddled with  bang average players. 

11 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Switching out Halliday for Haring at defensive midfield going to do much? One slow DM for another? Bigger problems in this team imo 

I wouldn’t say Haring is a DM. He’s one of the few players we have who looks up/forward when he has the ball. Also a goal threat.

Halliday or Lee with Haring.

Halliday AND Lee is a no for me

8 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I thought we were getting some kind of psycho with a winning mentality but all we got is another bang average player in a squad riddled with  bang average players. 

He reminded me of Glenn Whelan and equally ineffective.

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I wouldn’t say Haring is a DM. He’s one of the few players we have who looks up/forward when he has the ball. Also a goal threat.

Haring + Lee and Halliday on loan to Airdrie or Irvine Meadow where he belongs for me. 

But still doesn't solve the pace issue 

9 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That was my understanding of him as well. Came with the reputation of a hard man with a win at all cost mentality but looks more like a cart house on his last legs. 

Edited by Lambo85

I’ll give him another month or two considering he hadn’t played football the best part of a year and came in well after everyone else had pre season. 

12 hours ago, savage said:

Prince and gomis would walk into this team.  Our options for central midfield are honking. The boy on loan from Celtic that looked about 45 strolled the middle of the park tonight

Add Djoum to that list, we have never replaced him adequately. We could even be doing with Bozanic and Ryan Edwards.

12 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Irving looked shite when he came on as well. Our midfield was exposed tonight. Lee Halliday Haring Irving. Slow as 4 weeks in jail 

The trouble with Irving for some  is that he plays football. 

I championed his signing but last night was terrible. Even worse was the subbing off Lee instead of Halliday. 

A horrendous night for everyone...and it wasn't a total surprise to me. I actually predicted 2-2. 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Haring + Lee and Halliday on loan to Airdrie or Irvine Meadow where he belongs for me. 

But still doesn't solve the pace issue 

Not good enough for the Medda, he could probably get a game for the Vics....

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Add Djoum to that list, we have never replaced him adequately. We could even be doing with Bozanic and Ryan Edwards.

The trouble with Irving for some  is that he plays football. 

The trouble with Irving for me is that his head is often in the clouds not concentrating on the game and the opposition take advantage of that. 

Weakened Offender
13 hours ago, raider1874 said:

Pish at rangers, pish at Hearts. Celtic fans quite rightly sing his name.  All he is interested in is talking about the huns on open goal.

Careful not to criticise his open goal antics, you'll upset the cool kids. 

Not sure where all the hype came from him before he was signed, bang average player that we didn't need to sign. Maybe if he spent more time focusing on his game and less time on podcasts and radio wittering shite about Der Huns then he might get somewhere. 

Yeah, got this one wrong I think. 

Really wanted us to sign him because I thought he'd be a bit like Ian Black under Sergio, not even close. Think he needs to take a break from open goal and focus 100% of his attention on getting some form under his belt. Last night he was an absolute passenger. 

:( 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

Not sure where all the hype came from him before he was signed, bang average player that we didn't need to sign. Maybe if he spent more time focusing on his game and less time on podcasts and radio wittering shite about Der Huns then he might get somewhere. 

To be fair we did need to sign someone for Center mid... on paper was there many better options for us in the circumstances? Agree about the podcasts and radio, not going to have much hope of success at Hearts

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Looks like a dud. An easy option.

I'd like to see Haring and Irving paired in midfield with some pace on the wings

I reckon Haring-Lee is our best hope, they have an existing good understanding with each other and with Naismith. There really is not much time this season to allow various players games & games to get to know each other. Those 3 already know how to play together. When they get linked up we seem to have more penetration. Boyce needs to sit on the penalty spot, Walker way out wide on the left or right. And Halliday needs to basically be a utility man 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I reckon Haring-Lee is our best hope, they have an existing good understanding with each other and with Naismith. There really is not much time this season to allow various players games & games to get to know each other. Those 3 already know how to play together. When they get linked up we seem to have more penetration. Boyce needs to sit on the penalty spot, Walker way out wide on the left or right. And Halliday needs to basically be a utility man 

Halliday in at Right Back Smith Centre half that huddy out the team and get some energy in the middle of the pitch.  

Like a lot of others who appear shit, he is being asked to do a certain job on the park and doing it.

Like the rest of the team, looks a frustrated figure out on park.

Like the other scapegoat Popescu, he is not as bad as some on here make out. Not great either.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Like a lot of others who appear shit, he is being asked to do a certain job on the park and doing it.

Like the rest of the team, looks a frustrated figure out on park.

Like the other scapegoat Popescu, he is not as bad as some on here make out. Not great either.

Fact is, so far he has offered very little in a Hearts jersey. Just always seems to be jogging about a bit casually and at times actually looks laboured and lethargic. Could be not up to full fitness or could be that mentally he’s not hungry enough. He was decent at times against Hibs although shattered. Needs to up it drastically to get supporters on board. 

Popescu on the other hand has a clear weakness, he is aerially weak defensively and offensively he can’t hit the target, his balance is bad to me, has that wobbly look like he might fall over. There look to be some serious gaps in his game. Folk have compared him to Ozturk but at least Alim was pretty decent in possesion and could pass it quite well keeping the team momentum - he had strengths to make up for his weakness in the air. Popescu, I’ve just not seen what exactly he is good at yet. 

I think Halliday will come good.  However not while playing beside a sloth like Lee or while Naismith and Boyce are both standing on his toes.  What options do our midfielders get?

22 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Fact is, so far he has offered very little in a Hearts jersey. Just always seems to be jogging about a bit casually and at times actually looks laboured and lethargic. Could be not up to full fitness or could be that mentally he’s not hungry enough. He was decent at times against Hibs although shattered. Needs to up it drastically to get supporters on board. 

Popescu on the other hand has a clear weakness, he is aerially weak defensively and offensively he can’t hit the target, his balance is bad to me, has that wobbly look like he might fall over. There look to be some serious gaps in his game. Folk have compared him to Ozturk but at least Alim was pretty decent in possesion and could pass it quite well keeping the team momentum - he had strengths to make up for his weakness in the air. Popescu, I’ve just not seen what exactly he is good at yet. 

His balance is off at times, a right footer playing on left of defence dies not help.

An easy target when there are others worse or just as bad.

52 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Looks like a dud. An easy option.

I'd like to see Haring and Irving paired in midfield with some pace on the wings

Agreed

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

To be fair we did need to sign someone for Center mid... on paper was there many better options for us in the circumstances? Agree about the podcasts and radio, not going to have much hope of success at Hearts

Yeah, suppose I would agree with that angle. Though not sure why we needed a sitting central midfielder when we've been crying out for a more attack minded/forward roaming muddle man to support the front line. 

13 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This

On 21/11/2020 at 09:28, Jamhammer said:

Haring and smith are the 2 best players we have 

I think.the midfield touch he had where he simply moved the ball about four yards away fro himself then challenged an opponent around thigh sums up how out of touch he is. But as poster alluded to above, there SHOULD be improvements through games

On 21/11/2020 at 11:28, OTT said:

Yeah, got this one wrong I think. 

Really wanted us to sign him because I thought he'd be a bit like Ian Black under Sergio, not even close. Think he needs to take a break from open goal and focus 100% of his attention on getting some form under his belt. Last night he was an absolute passenger. 

:( 

Spot on 👏👏

Played further forward tonight, and I thought he was outstanding. Probably the best I’ve seen him for us. Got an assist and a goal.

SomethingAboutObua

Mental the love in for him from folk on here, the hype over possibly signing him was ****ing bizarre and I think those people can't accept that he's a pretty standard midfielder. 

3 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Mental the love in for him from folk on here, the hype over possibly signing him was ****ing bizarre and I think those people can't accept that he's a pretty standard midfielder. 

You don’t rate him then? :sadrobbo:

2 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Tbf I felt the same way when he signed, very bog standard holding midfield player and rotten left back

Saw something a bit different from him tonight though, with Haring playing next to him he became a link from midfield to attack and now I feel pretty optimistic about him in that role, I don't think he'd be able to play like that next to anybody else though 

Just now, BigAlim said:

Tbf I felt the same way when he signed, very bog standard holding midfield player and rotten left back

Saw something a bit different from him tonight though, with Haring playing next to him he became a link from midfield to attack and now I feel pretty optimistic about him in that role, I don't think he'd be able to play like that next to anybody else though 

Without Haring then Halliday has to be the midfield anchor. He’s clearly not anywhere as good as Haring in that role. 

SomethingAboutObua
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You don’t rate him then? :sadrobbo:

I mean don't think he's terrible, he's got 2 goals this season ofc, but I think he's going to be one of those very standard players that somehow gets praise heaped on him and avoids rightful criticism when he's shite. The polar opposite of what's happening with Lee basically. 

Even if he turned out to be our best player, I'd still think the hype over him joining was weird though. 

Excellent pass for the penalty. Productive tonight, I'd like a little more humility. Fear his ego will get in the way when things are going against us. Which is when we need our better players most. First impressions still so could be way off the mark. Less could be more with him. Clichés over. 

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s definitely better further forward and is a good finisher, quite anonymous otherwise though. 

aye, except scoring and helping us get a PK he was shite.....

28 minutes ago, Georgecowie said:

Excellent pass for the penalty. Productive tonight, I'd like a little more humility. Fear his ego will get in the way when things are going against us. Which is when we need our better players most. First impressions still so could be way off the mark. Less could be more with him. Clichés over. 

If things were to go tits up v Celtic him and Naismith could go in the huff, need to make sure no red cards v them... imagine.