Old firm and sense of entitlement

Last Laff

See there’s shit loads of Celtic fans moaning their game isn’t on Sky this weekend because they should have every away game on tv as always.

Do they not realise that most the other teams don’t get their games shown on tv and especially this season have to purchase away games on ppv?  

In fairness, I did fully expect Hibs vs Celtic to be shown on TV but Rangers vs Aberdeen is quite a big game too. Don't know ultimately why they couldn't show both. This I guess is the awkward thing with PPV, because by screening the match on Sky, I assume you are taking away clubs rights to screen the match themselves. 

Ultimately, it's always the shan TV deal that it comes back to.

The Treasurer

It just shows how the bigot twins have got so used to expecting all their away fixtures being on TV that they throw their buckfast out the pram when it doesn't happen

I might be wrong but I don't think there's has been a rangers away game so far this season that has not been shown on TV.

Edited by Fun Boaby

3 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

I might be wrong but I don't think there's has been a rangers game so far this season that has not been shown on TV.

All their away games have been shown, I don’t think any of their home games have though

1 hour ago, Locky said:

In fairness, I did fully expect Hibs vs Celtic to be shown on TV but Rangers vs Aberdeen is quite a big game too. Don't know ultimately why they couldn't show both. This I guess is the awkward thing with PPV, because by screening the match on Sky, I assume you are taking away clubs rights to screen the match themselves. 

Ultimately, it's always the shan TV deal that it comes back to.

Probably yeah, but it’s the fact they feel all their away games should be on tv when the rest of us have to go through ppv (or iptv obviously). 

9 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

All their away games have been shown, I don’t think any of their home games have though

And like us their fans get the home games free on season tickets.  

part_time_jambo
18 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

I might be wrong but I don't think there's has been a rangers away game so far this season that has not been shown on TV.

I might be wrong, but I think this week's lotto numbers are 4 12 14 21 25 and 28. 

19 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

That’s always been the way though. The TV deal will always guarantee each team a certain number of televised fixtures, so naturally it just so happens that the vast majority are when they happen to be playing against one of the arse cheeks. So that means rather a lot of away games on TV.

3 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

That’s always been the way though. The TV deal will always guarantee each team a certain number of televised fixtures, so naturally it just so happens that the vast majority are when they happen to be playing against one of the arse cheeks. So that means rather a lot of away games on TV.

Should be a rule against a certain number of away fixtures televised for each team. 

3 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

I might be wrong, but I think this week's lotto numbers are 4 12 14 21 25 and 28. 

Hibs will think they've won the lottery if it's their PPV the Celtic fans have to get for this game.

9 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Thought ppv was stopping.  The disaster that it was

Aye on Sky and Bt. Not individual clubs charging away fans to watch games.  That’s what the old firm don’t seem to think they should have to do like the rest of us. 

5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Yep. So as yet they’ve never had to resort to ppv for a game, the only club in the premiership in that situation 

Just now, Thommo414 said:

Yep. So as yet they’ve never had to resort to ppv for a game, the only club in the premiership in that situation 

Which is ludicrous but that’s what happens when sky is basically paying to broadcast old firm tv. 

4 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

The bit in bold is, at least in theory a fair concept but it does seem to be worked around by the fact that one of say Livingston’s home games to be televised will always be against the old firm rather than your St Johnstone’s or Motherwells. Like you say though, it’s exploited in a way that because the arse cheeks are the away team that it doesn’t seem to matter if they ultimately end up on tv 21 times a season plus cup appearances

Blackford Hearts
4 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Is that the GFA's definition of a coincidence? 

5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Which is ludicrous but that’s what happens when sky is basically paying to broadcast old firm tv. 

Late to this topic. So Hibs have worked out that selling ppv to Celtic will earn them more than the Sky fee? Good luck to them if that's the case.

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Such is their interest in our game. Hell, I remember in the not so distant past watching us play the likes of Killie and Motherwell on BT Sport. Sky on the other hand are just a bunch of pandering arseholes which is baffling  considering the far larger group people don’t sign up to sky to watch Celtic or Rangers, they sign up for the EPL

27 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Late to this topic. So Hibs have worked out that selling ppv to Celtic will earn them more than the Sky fee? Good luck to them if that's the case.

I don’t think it’s much to do with Hibs trying to fleece the mhanks, it’s about them selling the ppv to them like all other clubs sell to away fans also but Celtic fans being angry because they have to do so because of the entitlement they should have for all away games being shown on Sky, same as huns.  Lochend tramps won’t see much money either, can’t see many mhanks paying legitimately.

30 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Such is their interest in our game. Hell, I remember in the not so distant past watching us play the likes of Killie and Motherwell on BT Sport. Sky on the other hand are just a bunch of pandering arseholes which is baffling  considering the far larger group people don’t sign up to sky to watch Celtic or Rangers, they sign up for the EPL

Yeah, that’s what the realisation was when they got the deal exclusively.  But they put the money up so that’s the breaks. 

40 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I don’t think it’s much to do with Hibs trying to fleece the mhanks, it’s about them selling the ppv to them like all other clubs sell to away fans also but Celtic fans being angry because they have to do so because of the entitlement they should have for all away games being shown on Sky, same as huns.  Lochend tramps won’t see much money either, can’t see many mhanks paying legitimately.

They'll be watching it on hesgoal, like me.

Never mind that lot, I'm actually hacked off that we ARE on TV tomorrow night. How many other teams with 3 international players (including our most important player 3,500 miles away) have ever been asked to fulfil a league fixture 48hrs after the games in question?  

3 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Should be a rule against a certain number of away fixtures televised for each team. 

It’s not classed as a away fixture they are classed as the home team are being showed live it’s just a cop out to show the arse cheeks more 

50 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Never mind that lot, I'm actually hacked off that we ARE on TV tomorrow night. How many other teams with 3 international players (including our most important player 3,500 miles away) have ever been asked to fulfil a league fixture 48hrs after the games in question?  

Shankland missed Dundee Utd games last season away with Scotland. At least it’s not league games clubs are missing players this time around.  Possibly different come March time mind. 

9 hours ago, Last Laff said:

See there’s shit loads of Celtic fans moaning their game isn’t on Sky this weekend because they should have every away game on tv as always.

Do they not realise that most the other teams don’t get their games shown on tv and especially this season have to purchase away games on ppv?  

You might not like it but it's the age old case of supply and demand - and if the septic fans want it there's a fair chance it's gonna happen. Therefore on the odd occasion it doesn't they stamp their feet

The simple fact is more viewers want to see their matches than anyone else's. Even if a fair number of those viewers (the non-tims) only want to see it in the hope they get turned over, THEY are still the draw.

Also - the TV companies and their advertisers want to accommodate them.

Think back : the one and only reason the SPFL came into being was so the SPL clubs could get their mitts on the revenues that sevco's bottom division games provided. The stark fact was that sevco even in the bottom division were the ones the TV companies and their advertisers wanted. 

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Shankland missed Dundee Utd games last season away with Scotland. At least it’s not league games clubs are missing players this time around.  Possibly different come March time mind. 

Wasn't there a rule that if you had 3 players on international duty a team could call a game off? Ok it's not strictly during an international break but for me, if we want to be at full strength for one of our hardest games, we'll be forcing three players to play who (with less than 48hrs rest after a week travelling) are not physically or probably mentally ready. All because TV dictates we must. Why not find us a Sunday slot on BBC Scotland?

Edited by Shaggy2

Pasquale for King

It’s a shame it’s not on tv because Hibs should make a decent amount from the streams to their own disgusting fans and their cousins through the west and over the sea.