***Official Dunfermline Athletic v Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

BelgeJambo

Nelly Terraces
2 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Other than winning every game up until today?

The Dundee game apart they've been very unconvincing & played a team in form tonight & were done up easily. 

Carry on wearing the maroon goggles though chief. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Greedy Jambo

• Thomaso

Let's face it, Neilson is a Levein protege and a proponent of turgid, ponderous, crab football. We know this from his first spell.  Opposition just need to sit in against us and close down the space, it's not rocket science. The warning signs were there against Arboath. This was an identical performance.

Roberts, Frear and Halliday are utter guff.  Lee is Lee. Walker out of position.

I suspect Neilson will get us up, but it wont be pretty.

Its clear we've got too many lads who think they're better than they are, bunch of fluffy pish tippy tappy. Last minute and Roberts being clambered all over, absolutely disgusting to watch being out fought. 

Seriously Hearts need to ditch this policy of signing castaways on big wages. 

Every one of them apart from Smith was honking.

Gordon never really had much chance.

Popescu needs dropped.

Frear and Roberts need released.

Halliday should just retire.

Irving should be punted on loan beside Cochrane.

Just now, Madjambo21 said:

Poor performance tonight but let's not panic.

Should have scored 3 or 4 and lost to a deflection and poor marking from a corner.

It's one loss and should be a kick up the arse we need.

Sorry if this is too much common sense for kickback 😬

Agree to an extent, but we could have easily lost 4 or 5 goals tonight. Tonight has not been our first poor performance. 

Mince.

Sluggish.

Didnt look as hungry for it as Dunfermline 

sloppy

nobody looked like they could take on a player and get past them 

I wasn’t in the‘we’ll stroll this league’ camp but must do better than that.

hope they get a roasting for that 

silly fouls too - a gift to a ref who was quick to brandish cards 

one to forget 

Just now, cosanostra said:

I wondered how long it would be before we started to see this sort of pathetic, cowardly away Neilson performance. I didn't expect it to be this quick.

That was absolutely dismal and Robbie should be ashamed at serving up that shite.

His signings yet again are starting to look suspect.

Going into a season relying on Walker, Lee, Naismith and Wighton looked like a very bad idea and this result shows how poor we still are.

Things need to change and very quickly because that was unacceptable.

Spot on 

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Only folk surprised with this result are the fans who seen nothing wrong in the previous away performances.

And people who don't realise that teams sometimes lose games to teams slightly below them

"Mehehehe, my persistent pessimism has been justified because we lost. I showed you all how wrong you were celebrating narrow victories. Told you we would fall on our face eventually"

**** off

Just now, SteauaNeedarest said:

Jamie Walker is also shite. Let’s not beat about the bush. We have a squad full of dross.

Correct. A semi final win against the shite doesn't change that. 

2 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Should have scored 3 or 4 and lost to a deflection and poor marking from a corner.

That is not a common sense view of the game unfortunately

1 minute ago, Madjambo21 said:

A lot of folk came out with comments like that last season. 

We are definitely not in the same position yet, as,it is one loss,but we don’t want to be saying this week after week. 

Neilson can’t mark their dangerous player at corners, he can’t score for Boyce, he can’t score for Popescu. Players are still a disgrace.

maroonedinbriz

Mad, did you miss the 3 total sitters they missed.

12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Undeserved consolation

Behave. We missed loads of chances. hit the bar twice. Probably deserved a draw but that’s not good enough. 

The idea the players need a kick up the arse is worrying in itself. If they think the performances before this game have been good enough we are in for a long painful season

Halliday, Naismith, Lee, haring, walker all far to slow to be in a top side. Nevermind all at the same time. It's one thing carrying one players lack of pace but not 4 or 5. The defence is still too soft.

I think I have said that after every game

Dunfermline 9 unbeaten and 8 wins. What made us think we were favourites here. why does every team we play seem to want it more that us.

3 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

You’re right of course!

just too soon to be so rational- it’s JKB after all! 

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

I wondered how long it would be before we started to see this sort of pathetic, cowardly away Neilson performance. I didn't expect it to be this quick.

That was absolutely dismal and Robbie should be ashamed at serving up that shite.

Going into a season relying on Walker, Lee, Naismith and Wighton looked like a very bad idea and this result shows how poor we still are.

Wighton  would have scored that Boyce chance imo

Vlad the impaler

If Neilson thinks these away slow,lethargic performances at Arbroath and Dunfermline are acceptable then we’re in trouble. Slowest midfield in Scotland 

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Our resident apologist will be on tomorrow claiming you are a pantwetter - long way to go, tired players back from internationals, blah, blah!

Absolutely. These apologists are so accepting of poor performance, nothing is worthy of criticism to them.

Looking at the truncated league, we cannot afford to lose too many times before we are out of the promotion race.

Let’s be honest, this has been coming for some weeks. The Dundee game was a false dawn. On this performance I cannot see us getting out of this league this year.

2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

The wingers he has signed are woeful, sub-Leigh Jenkinsons. 

Are they better than Calum Morrison, really?

1 minute ago, lsimp77 said:

The spirit of Craig levein really does live on In these players. It’ll take years I’m afraid.

This is spot on.  I'm not going to get too critical of Robbie just yet.   The stench of Craig Levein and the loser culture ingrained within in the club will take a long time to get rid off.  Very difficult for Robbie to bring in some quality players during the summer so had to shop at Lidl.  And he was effectively left with Levein's dregs of zero players with any pace or creativity.  We will win this league but we can't afford many more performances like that with it being a truncated season. 

7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Only folk surprised with this result are the fans who seen nothing wrong in the previous away performances.

Nelilson learnt nothing from these games.

Another awful performance away from home.

This squad and with our budget and against the opposition we face, we should and must be performing better.

Average manager out-thinks average manager. Average team outplays average team. We’ll play worse and win is about the only positive you can take here. We need to shake off and block this mistaken opinion that were miles better than the teams in this league and start playing proper intense championship football like most of the other teams do. Been coming you have to say. 

Edited by JimmyCant

So much for width and pace from Robbie's new look team. 

Frear?! Roberts?!

Sorry, this is Levein levels of effort and attitude.

They should all be glad there were no fans there. They would have known all about it.

And Naismith no longer get the free pass he's had from too many people for too long.

The Levein era moves into stage 4.

Few things learned tonight. 

STILL no pace in the team. How many players were booked tonight for being slow as ****. 
Popescu is a total bombscare defensively. 
Frear and Roberts are not footballers. 
Our brand of football is honking. Why not try to score when it’s 0-0 rather than play 20/30 passes side to side. We only played with urgency when 2-0 down!!! 
much work to be done Robbie

Just now, Hearts007 said:

Wighton  would have scored that Boyce chance imo

We should definitely have had more than just Boyce and Wighton as our 2 strikers. Crazy not bringing in another goalscorer.

Just now, Vlad the impaler said:

If Neilson thinks these away slow,lethargic performances at Arbroath and Dunfermline are acceptable then we’re in trouble. Slowest midfield in Scotland 

Lethargic is the word, we seem to have no energy or zip

No room for error in this short campaign, and this should have been a statement game for us. Well tonight it was a statement game for Dunfermline who now know for sure there's no reason why they can't win this league. Raith have started strongly too and will be thinking pretty much the same. Everyone can see now that Hearts are beatable and pretty straightforwardly so. Same old story with this squad, big names, big reputations, big wages but when it comes to the crunch, they don't turn up. The only thing big about Hearts right now is the size of the task in front of them.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Gambo said:

Most folk got the wake up call in the last 3 away games tbh.

Nah, most  away games in my lifetime have been generally close. We have very rarely, if ever won by big scores away from home  constantly, I don't think that will change this season. 

We were poor, but I'm not worried. 

We'll win the league, comfortably. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

The wingers he has signed are woeful, sub-Leigh Jenkinsons. 

Are they better than Calum Morrison, really?

Morrison looked better than Frear.

3 minutes ago, topsport said:

Mince.

Sluggish.

Didnt look as hungry for it as Dunfermline 

sloppy

nobody looked like they could take on a player and get past them 

I wasn’t in the‘we’ll stroll this league’ camp but must do better than that.

hope they get a roasting for that 

silly fouls too - a gift to a ref who was quick to brandish cards 

one to forget 

Mince, sluggish and sloppy. Sums it up.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

No players get pass marks, Management get zero.

If we go up, Frear, Roberts, Wighton, Lee shouldn’t be near us for starters.  Naisy will probs be toiling another year on, and still need a right back who can attack, not just sit deep and safe for most of the game. (Although the latter is not the main problem just now).

Horrible performance.  No energy or purpose throughout our team. We resorted to hopeful crosses, no wide threat and combination play.  

Dunfermline smothered us and we didn’t have the appetite for it, the appetite to move ourselves quicker, expend energy in outfighting them. 

Just now, cosanostra said:

We should definitely have had more than just Boyce and Wighton as our 2 strikers. Crazy not bringing in another goalscorer.

yep

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Lad from Dunfermline interview says that their gameplan worked. 

At least they had a gameplan.

It should not matter what game plan they have, Jonno. But when Naismith is running in on goal with the keeper to beat and then passes the buck because he shat himself to shoot. What chance have you got. And Boyce! Can't even Bury a point blant header. Useless. But I'll give him a break because of international duty. 

Even Craig Gordon looked like he was in a Daze. Can only be put down to Billy big time the night. And I suppose I'm at fault for thinking we should pump everyone in this league. 

Not any more. 

1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

Far too slow in movement and thinking. Another poor performance lacking urgency so far.

It's not a lack of urgency, it's a lack of movement up front, a lack of width and a lack of creativity. 

Every one of them was shite tonight, some more than others. But I was getting pelters the other week by stating that Popescu wasn’t a good player. 

A f****** worse centre half you will not see. An abomination of a defender. Have yet to see him win a header and he passes to the opposition more than his team mates. Hit the bar with two free headers in the 6 yard box that the bairn would’ve scored!

Brighton Jambo
6 minutes ago, stotty said:

Don't agree at all tbh. The laddie constantly looks for the ball and tries to pass the ball forward. Some come off, some don't. Lee is always on the periphery for me, posted missing a lot of the time. 

Lee actually contributes though, assists and goals.  This season Lee must be up to 6-8 goals and assists.  Irving is one or two at most.

He might show for the ball but does so little with it when he has it.