***Official Dunfermline Athletic v Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

BelgeJambo

Just watched a working replay.  We dominated the first half.   Played patiently, played well, didn't score, still a problem not scoring enough away from home.   Some mistakes were made that can be fixed. 

Second half lost an early goal, a lucky deflection.    Then lost a more likely goal at a corner.    At that point we're struggling.   Get a quality goal back from kingsley.    Just can't recover to draw in the end.    

I think the ref' never got his book out enough in the first half.   Few challenges should have been booked.    We need to take our chances as well. 

I think overall we're still building up momentum as a team.   Still learning, trying to play patiently away from home.  It doesn't help losing while building a  team.   They need pressure on them but not to much the now.   I mean we play teams three times, we lost one, can still win two.   Dunfermline will lose or draw games as well. 

I am not exactly happy about losing but it happens.   Espeacily at the start of campaigns.   It's all about recovering, learning now.   Get back on the path to winning.   Looking forward to Tuesday at Tynecastle, watching from home 😁 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Greedy Jambo

• Thomaso

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He has scored one!

I thought he had only scored penalties so far? Have I missed one? Or are you counting penalties? 

4 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

I thought he had only scored penalties so far? Have I missed one? Or are you counting penalties? 

Yup you missed a lovely back heel finish.......

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

Lovely wee back heel thing in the last league game before last night. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yup you missed a lovely back heel finish.......

Remember it now! So maybe be won't go on a run! 

2 hours ago, Anything2 said:

Remember it now! So maybe be won't go on a run! 

I wish he would!!

On 21/11/2020 at 12:30, Billy Hoyle said:

Totally agreed although I must say I thought Smith was very poor tonight. 

He didn't have the best of games - granted. I gave him a "bye" as I thought he was trying but there was no movement ahead of him. He has also been our most consistent performer in recent times. 

We will get back on track - Its just one game but we need to use this as evidence that the players need to apply themselves every game, and not just when they choose to. RN will know this fully. 

17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on, I myself was one who thought this should be easy enough but Ive certainly changed my mind now. 

In some ways this might be a good thing that we lost in this manner.

It should send a warning signal to Robbie and his coaches that we need a plan B now.

We cannot be totally dependent on one player (Ginnelly)

We need to up the tempo and be prepared to take players on by running at them rather than passing across the park and backwards to end with the standard lump up the park.

Players such as Naismith, Walker and Boyce all need to be leading by example and taking responsibilty with the ball.

Have a go at goal instead of being frightened and laying the ball off to another.

I really couldn't understand why Robbie started with Boyce  when he clearly had taken a knock on Wednseday as per the photo with the ice pack on his knee.

Would it not have made sense to start Wighton as out main striker with Moore on the wing. Lets play players in their natural positions please Robbie.

The next few games are going to be a big test for the team and we should hopefully be getting a reaction against Alloa.

My fear now is that Robbie will be desperate to get Ginnelly back into the team asap to get some pace into our play. I just hope he doesn't bring him back too soon and hamper his recovery.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

In some ways this might be a good thing that we lost in this manner.

It should send a warning signal to Robbie and his coaches that we need a plan B now.

We cannot be totally dependent on one player (Ginnelly)

We need to up the tempo and be prepared to take players on by running at them rather than passing across the park and backwards to end with the standard lump up the park.

Players such as Naismith, Walker and Boyce all need to be leading by example and taking responsibilty with the ball.

Have a go at goal instead of being frightened and laying the ball off to another.

I really couldn't understand why Robbie started with Boyce  when he clearly had taken a knock on Wednseday as per the photo with the ice pack on his knee.

Would it not have made sense to start Wighton as out main striker with Moore on the wing. Lets play players in their natural positions please Robbie.

The next few games are going to be a big test for the team and we should hopefully be getting a reaction against Alloa.

My fear now is that Robbie will be desperate to get Ginnelly back into the team asap to get some pace into our play. I just hope he doesn't bring him back too soon and hamper his recovery.

Yeah when you put it that way Boyce probably would’ve been better starting on the bench, not easy to play his 4th game in 8 days I think. Smith didn’t have his best game either but gave 100% as ever. 
Hopefully Ginnelly will be fully fit when he returns as he’s important to us, but he maybe is injury prone as he’s with his 11th club at 23yo. 
Hopefully a wake up call for everyone. I think I will watch it again today just to see if it was as bad as it seemed.  

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah when you put it that way Boyce probably would’ve been better starting on the bench, not easy to play his 4th game in 8 days I think. Smith didn’t have his best game either but gave 100% as ever. 
Hopefully Ginnelly will be fully fit when he returns as he’s important to us, but he maybe is injury prone as he’s with his 11th club at 23yo. 
Hopefully a wake up call for everyone. I think I will watch it again today just to see if it was as bad as it seemed.  

The worry is that as you say if Ginnelly is injury prone then we need to have an option when he is out.

Roberts and Frear just don't look the part at the moment although they might improve.

Surely Moore must be worth a run of games.

I think we did have a few chances and Popescu hit the bar twice and Boyce missed a decent chance with that header but we didn't create much from open play which is concerning.

Edited by wavydavy

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The worry is that as you say if Ginnelly is injury prone then we need to have an option when he is out.

Roberts and Frear just don't look the part at the moment although they might improve.

Surely Moore must be worth a run of games.

I think we did have a few chances and Popescu hit the bar twice and Boyce missed a decent chance with that header but we didn't create much from open play which is concerning.

Absolutely, I thought Moore did ok against Raith in the cup and this might be the game to bring him back in. If we can’t give youngsters games in these kinds of games when can we, although I didn’t think he would considering the age of his signings. The balance isn’t right between youth and experience really.