***Official Dunfermline Athletic v Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

BelgeJambo

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Redhelen said:

I compared you to Sunderland ( as regards being a big team) when fighting relegation. I watched the first half and the pace seemed very slow, lack of urgency. I read some threads at the same time and it is word for word the same " their cup final", "cloggers" "biased refs" " we should be pissing the league etc etc"

Ross vs Stendel then and who came out on top? The team who was prepared to play youngsters, who instilled an attacking, never give up pressing mentality. 

I'm sure you will get back up but Sunderland are now in their 3rd league 1 season, sitting outside the play offs.

No one gives a **** about Sunderland, the comparison is a shite one as well. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Greedy Jambo

• Thomaso

pettigrewsstylist

Load of passengers waiting on a gift or someone else making it happen. Looks like a chmpsp squad...again.

Roberts.......wow!

Need some hungry personell

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Not trying to make anyone feel better,just pointing out that even the best teams don't win every game

They don't, Liverpool got beat 7-2 just this season for example. 

Folk that think we'll win every game and batter every team are howling, absolutely howling. 

It was predictable, the Neilson oot thread was a certainty after a defeat, certain fans actually want him to fail, that is obvious always has been imo. Us winning the cup will Likley never see them never post again on here. 

A win-win situation if there ever was won. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

The morning after and I’m still just as pissed off. See these folk on here trying to claim all is fine and we’ll still walk the league not realise a result like that had been coming?

That wasn’t a one off. We’ve been the same against Arbroath, Inverness and East Fife. Dunfermline should’ve scored to make it 3-0 too then we’d be looking at another Livi fiasco. 

Gordon Ramsay
6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

The morning after and I’m still just as pissed off. See these folk on here trying to claim all is fine and we’ll still walk the league not realise a result like that had been coming?

That wasn’t a one off. We’ve been the same against Arbroath, Inverness and East Fife. Dunfermline should’ve scored to make it 3-0 too then we’d be looking at another Livi fiasco. 

Stevie Wonder could see this on the cards. Performances have been rubbish. We've been lucky this season. The luck ran out last night. 

They missed some absolute sitters last night. Granted we hit the bar twice and had a couple of moments but we were never in control of the game. 

Utter pish and some of these players are nowhere near Hearts standard. Roberts and Frear are League 2 players. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

Diadora Van Basten

Arbroath have provided the blue print for how to play against us.

Rangers and Celtic regularly play against teams that sit deep and play 4-5-1 and know how to play against them. The key is to get your full backs forward so that you control the midfield and pin the other team back.

We get too nervous and rather than pass the ball we run out of patience and hoof it forward providing the opposition with the opportunity to counter attack against us.

complete control
8 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Nobody beats a man, nobody takes responsibility, nobody moves into space, nobody hits the bye line, nobody can cross, nobody passes forward or into space...........everybody stands beside an opposition player and looks for the safety 1st option at all times.

Not just Hearts, it is the modern game in Scotland.......pish and a borefest!

totally agree

Dunfermline finished 6th in the (curtailed) Championship last season with a whopping 10 wins in the 28 games they played. The also sold their top goalscorer from last season to Hibs. In short they are a bang average championship side and yet we still managed to lose to them.  

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Not trying to make anyone feel better,just pointing out that even the best teams don't win every game

I didn’t know that...

Italian Lambretta
39 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Dunfermline finished 6th in the (curtailed) Championship last season with a whopping 10 wins in the 28 games they played. The also sold their top goalscorer from last season to Hibs. In short they are a bang average championship side and yet we still managed to lose to them.  

We've been losing to bang average teams for the last 3 seasons. Maybe it as because we are just a bang average team ourselves.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

No one gives a **** about Sunderland, the comparison is a shite one as well. 

OK fair enough. Sometimes outsiders see things differently.

Not overly concerned at the moment. 

Would like to see Moore involved rather than Frear.

Whats clear is this season without fans is going to be different. That applies to all leagues and some results we’ve seen elsewhere. 

9 hours ago, graygo said:

You need to start following a different sport mate, football's not for you.

Ta after 50 years your probably right, watched enough lacklustre insipid pish!

That was sickening to watch last night.

Our tired old experienced pros were shown up by a team with so many youngsters giving their all.

Dunfermline had a freshness and great attitude about them last night that was obviously missing from us.

We looked a tired bunch of has beens, with only the cup final on their minds. Needs a clear out.

Double training  sessions needed again Robbie.

Seymour M Hersh
16 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Ignore him Red he's a petulant wee soul. 

Seymour M Hersh
11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I agree re us winning the league. 

It was a poor performance and hopefully a wake up call.

I doubt a lot of those players will give a damn. 

15 minutes ago, Barack said:

Didn't win the £116m jackpot last night.

Rather poor all round.

Glad to hear that. I haven't checked my ticket yet.

Leveins Battalion

Last nights performance reminded so much of the state of our club that Jim Jefferies inherited.

We have too many "old pro's" and not enough guys in the 20-24 age bracket.I was really impressed with Dunfermlines energy in midfield,from our point of view watching Lee and Haliday constantly pass back to our centre half or Frear overshot every cross summed up our play.

This is going to be a long and painfull process to re establish our club and I exoe t many more nights like last night.

Francis Albert

Not sure what was more depressing, watching the match or reading this thread. The thread like 9 out of 10 match threads last season (and indeed most in the season before) is full of the same unwarranted optimism and complacency from many of the same posters. The accusations of pant wetting if anyone expresses anger at the performance and result or expresses doubt about our ability to win (even stroll) or stay in  the league, the same straw-clutching ((if we had taken the three clear cut chances we created we'd have won, we dominated possession, the ref was against us) (as was Billie Dodds) ... only the pitch complaint was missing in action this time. Last season too many, including the players, coaches and  and management at all levels, seemed unwilling to recognise or react to the very real threat of relegation (even after 4 wins in 30) until it was too late and even then the "it was demotion not relegation" straw came into play.

I fear deja vu all over again!

Edited by Francis Albert

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Appoligies, I was out of order with that, pissed of with other posters. 

I like your posts, but I don't think comparisons to Sunderland are helpful. 

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, Barack said:

Didn't win the £116m jackpot last night.

Rather poor all round.

Shame, think of the amount of the shree year deals you could hand out with that, and the amount of managers you could sack and replace! 

Fill in the corners as well. 

President of Hearts has a nice ri g to it. 

😂

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

Spot on. We have only played well twice this season, against Dundee and Hibs. The rest of the games this season we have looked pretty poor but scraped over the line, eventually our luck was going to run out. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Appoligies, I was out of order with that, pissed of with other posters. 

I like your posts, but I don't think comparisons to Sunderland are helpful. 

Apology accepted. I have a look on a few forums and sometimes I like to draw analogies. Not paying out for Sky so until our game this afternoon I thought I'd have a look at the Hearts game. 

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

His body position at the defected goal portrayed that he was shitting it. 

His headers that hit the bar were sitters too. 

I'm yet to be convinced. 

Yeah, tbf defenders all over  seem to be doing all types of shite with their bodies so thier hands are not in the way. 

Ex member of the SaS

The big issue being missed by the players, is this season may not get played to the full. Therefore we need to be top of the league and well clear, if and when the league does end.

Should the SG call the end to sport, and they may well if there is a Christmas break in the rules and numbers soar, if we are not top then it's another season in the Championship and all the relevant costs that will bring. Folk saying it's only 4 games and a long way to go are deluding themselves, there is no guarantee we can get a full fixture list.

10 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Nobody beats a man, nobody takes responsibility, nobody moves into space, nobody hits the bye line, nobody can cross, nobody passes forward or into space...........everybody stands beside an opposition player and looks for the safety 1st option at all times.

Not just Hearts, it is the modern game in Scotland.......pish and a borefest!

You Sir, have summed us up perfectly. I am fed up watching Hearts teams grinding out results. I want entertained by a style that is exiting to watch. I admit you can't get that every game, but they should be send out to at lest try. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

Slightly different team though, they shipped out 17 players and used a bit of the Nisbet money to build a new team. They’re top of the league on merit and have one draw and nine wins so far this season, a bit better than average this season. I’m not excusing our poor performance, we were told winning is all that matters and playing well doesn’t, our luck ran out. 

43 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Spot on. We have only played well twice this season, against Dundee and Hibs. The rest of the games this season we have looked pretty poor but scraped over the line, eventually our luck was going to run out. 

Certainly ran right out, hit the bar twice,😕

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Last nights performance reminded so much of the state of our club that Jim Jefferies inherited.

We have too many "old pro's" and not enough guys in the 20-24 age bracket.I was really impressed with Dunfermlines energy in midfield,from our point of view watching Lee and Haliday constantly pass back to our centre half or Frear overshot every cross summed up our play.

This is going to be a long and painfull process to re establish our club and I exoe t many more nights like last night.

Agreed but you mentioned two guys, one that had options to be moved on and the other he signed that are in the older and slow bracket. The only young guy he signed was Ginnelly who has a poor injury record who at 23 is with his 11th club. He exacerbated the situation with his signings. 

6 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I prefer him to Frear. His crossing last night was woeful 

Boyce is one of those strikers who needs a good few chances before he scores. A bit like John Sutton. He’s not getting them from crosses which hit the corner flag. Should have scored from one decent cross and Popescu took one off him.

We have a history of getting strikers who have been pretty prolific elsewhere at times and ruining them.

I still have hope Boyce will come good

I think Boyce's chance last nights was a lot harder than the commentary suggested, he had to kind of check his run to stay on side which meant he was really stretching to reach the ball, it's really difficult to direct a header anywhere other than straight forward when your neck is fully extended. Get the feeling that once he scores one he will go on a run. 

complete control
3 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

+ one of the noisiest clubs to vote for our demotion

1 minute ago, complete control said:

+ one of the noisiest clubs to vote for our demotion

Indeed - and that was supposed to be one of our motivations to 'steamroller' some of these teams. 

I refrained from posting last night after that performance to have a good think about it before giving my opinion.

In all honesty apart from the Dundee game at home we have been really struggling to create anything since the Ginnelly injury.

Had I not known that Craig Levein had left Hearts I would have thought on these recent performances that he was still the Manager.

We are so one dimensional that teams already realise that if you stop us down the wings then we have absolutely nothing to offer throught the middle of the park.

Nobody is prepared to take a man on in midfield.

Pass the ball backwards or sideways.

No penetration.

Forwards receive the ball with their backs to goal.

No pace or imagination other than Ginnelly who is injured.

Moore must be horrendous in training if Frear is keeping him out of the starting line-up. How he ever got a contract at Hearts is beyond me.

That signing is on a par (no pun intended) with a Levein signing or maybe even worse. Roberts looks to be little or no better than Frear.

Both players chicken hearted and look terrified to make a challenge to recveive one.

I read a few weeks back on here peple saying we will skoosh this league. Well I think most of the players were of the same opinion and maybe after last night they will have a rethink on that.

There are no easy games in this league and even the teams nearer the bottom are capable of beating us if they get their gameplan right.

Robbie and his coaching staff really need to work hard on a plan B and we desperately need to sign someone in January with real pace and creativity otherwise I fear we are staying in this league for longer than we think.

I know it is still very early in the season but we need to change the styler of play and up the tempo of our game and move the ball much quicker and go forward.

13 hours ago, MooseMich said:

Wow.  Irving got about 20 minutes at most and you pick  him out for one pass..  very strange.  007 indeed

yeah whatever...whoever you are

Edited by Hearts007

3 hours ago, Australis said:

That was sickening to watch last night.

Our tired old experienced pros were shown up by a team with so many youngsters giving their all.

Dunfermline had a freshness and great attitude about them last night that was obviously missing from us.

We looked a tired bunch of has beens, with only the cup final on their minds. Needs a clear out.

Double training  sessions needed again Robbie.

There is no energy in the middle of the park zero drive 

Pedestrian football it was a mistake letting Stendel go we were onto something with this guy

The performances against Hibs  Aberdeen rangers under him were outstanding and given time I reckon he would have been a great success 

1 minute ago, NB GIN said:

Pedestrian football it was a mistake letting Stendel go we were onto something with this guy

The performances against Hibs  Aberdeen rangers under him were outstanding and given time I reckon he would have been a great success 

Your joking Stendel lol look at the rubbish he signed, we need a striker Cummins like, someone who will score given a chance.

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I refrained from posting last night after that performance to have a good think about it before giving my opinion.

In all honesty apart from the Dundee game at home we have been really struggling to create anything since the Ginnelly injury.

Had I not known that Craig Levein had left Hearts I would have thought on these recent performances that he was still the Manager.

We are so one dimensional that teams already realise that if you stop us down the wings then we have absolutely nothing to offer throught the middle of the park.

No penetration.

Moore must be horrendous in training if Frear is keeping him out of the starting line-up. How he ever got a contract at Hearts is beyond me.

That signing is on a par (no pun intended) with a Levein signing or maybe even worse. Roberts looks to be little or no better than Frear.

Both players chicken hearted and look terrified to make a challenge to recveive one.

I read a few weeks back on here peple saying we will skoosh this league. Well I think most of the players were of the same opinion and maybe after last night they will have a rethink on that.

There are no easy games in this league and even the teams nearer the bottom are capable of beating us if they get their gameplan right.

Robbie and his coaching staff really need to work hard on a plan B and we desperately need to sign someone in January with real pace and creativity otherwise I fear we are staying in this league for longer than we think.

I know it is still very early in the season but we need to change the styler of play and up the tempo of our game and move the ball much quicker and go forward.

I was the same. Didn't post last night and just on after work now. 

During the game last night i thought i was watching a dvd from a previous season. Got frustrated at the tippy-tappy side to side and back the way football that i thought was in the past. 

On the new signings...we missed Ginelly. Popescu (although unlucky with hitting the bar twice) is as bang average a defender as i thought he would be. There's a reason i barely remember him much from his time at St Mirren, he didn't stand out for them. I stick by what i said at the time, a temporary fix until a decent defender comes in. Roberts...didn't know much about him but after his injury, maybe needs a wee bit more time so won't comment on him yet. Frear....thought it was a weird signing at the time, especially as Moore had started to get more involved and although not saying he was the finished article, can't be any worse than Frear. Kingsley's been a great signing, hopefully we can get him on a long term deal as soon as possible. It's about time we sorted the problem left-back position once and for all. I fear he'll walk as soon as an offer comes in. Halliday on paper seemed a decent enough signing. I still don't think he's fully fit so maybe a bit harsh to comment just yet. Halliday and Haring is the way to go if Neilson wants to play with two defensive midfielders, Lee, as i've said before, isn't comfortable there and more effective further forward. 

Overall we've scraped a few lucky results. Last night was the first big test in the Championship, and we failed to make an impact. I expect Raith away, Inverness away and Dundee away will be similar to last nights game. We can only hope we beat them all at Tynecastle as away from home i've yet to be convinced on a performance.

5 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Yes, gutted he didn't return. I would've expected the defence to be the next part of the team to be sorted out. He was great at getting us forward with pace but unfortunately the defence was not sorted out in the January transfer window. Didn't need Langer or Avdijaj in, we needed a solid central defender. Sibbick looked the business and it's a shame he wasn't still here. Boyce fitted in well to Stendel's system but seems to be struggling under a Neilson system. We have gone back to crab football again and although it wasn't so evident in some games so far, it was so obvious against Dunfermline last night.

30 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

No penetration.

Great post. I looked at the players we have brought in last night and I worry about Frear, Roberts and Popescu and I'm not convinced. The first two appear very timid, the latter is too slack and his passing is poor. Kingsley, Halliday and Ginnelly have something about them. Apart from the Dundee game as a team we have lacked urgency, pace and imagination, and we are losing too many goals from headers.   

3 hours ago, kila said:

Not overly concerned at the moment. 

Would like to see Moore involved rather than Frear.

Whats clear is this season without fans is going to be different. That applies to all leagues and some results we’ve seen elsewhere. 

totally agree give Moore a run please. If Frear starts on Tuesday or Saturday it’s not right.  

49 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

No penetration.

Superb post

My TV reception was horrible Friday so I missed key points.   I was expecting a draw, a loss was unlucky considering a deflected goal.   The fact we struggle to score away from home was a concern at that point 2-0 down.   We lost the first duel of 3 games.   If we win the other 2 that loss means nothing but bad luck.   We weren't at our best but the next game at home will need to be.   A convincing win at home is needed now to lighten the mood.   I am not going to single players out from a bunch that played bad.   Its no good thinking about replacing players, you'll end up with 3 players left.   What's needed is most of them need to go back out and regain or earn the respect of the fans.   

If any of them are thinking about being international players they need to be far more consistent.   First though they need to show quality. 

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Not sure what was more depressing, watching the match or reading this thread. The thread like 9 out of 10 match threads last season (and indeed most in the season before) is full of the same unwarranted optimism and complacency from many of the same posters. The accusations of pant wetting if anyone expresses anger at the performance and result or expresses doubt about our ability to win (even stroll) or stay in  the league, the same straw-clutching ((if we had taken the three clear cut chances we created we'd have won, we dominated possession, the ref was against us) (as was Billie Dodds) ... only the pitch complaint was missing in action this time. Last season too many, including the players, coaches and  and management at all levels, seemed unwilling to recognise or react to the very real threat of relegation (even after 4 wins in 30) until it was too late and even then the "it was demotion not relegation" straw came into play.

You only have to watch that documentary to know we lack a winning mentality, starting at the top. It's all about image. Theres no accountability regarding results. 

Dunfermline out worked us last night and they wanted it more. 

Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Harring are the only 4 players in that squad I'd be sorry to see leave.

Walker, Halliday, Naismith are too slow and living off past reputations. They should not all be on the pitch at the same time.

Frear and Roberts are terrible.

Popescu and Halkett are just simply not good enough. But then Berra is no better as a back up.

The youths so far look way short of what's needed although I can see something in Irving.

Boyce is ok but really needs to find his scoring boots and Wighton needs to play up front he's terrible out wide.

Neilson has some job on his hands getting us out this league and putting a squad together good enough for the prem league.  

6 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Toys out the pram on here as predicted.

we were unlikely to win every game this season. On another night, we don’t hit the bar twice and Boyce doesn’t miss that sitter and we win the match. It wasn’t a great performance but I still have no doubt we will win the division. 

haring needs to play. We look a far more assured side when he’s available.

we have a chance to hit back on Tuesday and hopefully fans will get behind the team rather than planning planes with banners. 

last night was disappointing but not as bad as some are making out. 

Happy Clappers now jumping in as predicted......

3 hours ago, Anything2 said:

I think Boyce's chance last nights was a lot harder than the commentary suggested, he had to kind of check his run to stay on side which meant he was really stretching to reach the ball, it's really difficult to direct a header anywhere other than straight forward when your neck is fully extended. Get the feeling that once he scores one he will go on a run. 

He has scored one!

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Bang on Franny! 👍

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

No penetration.

Spot on, I myself was one who thought this should be easy enough but Ive certainly changed my mind now. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

You only have to watch that documentary to know we lack a winning mentality, starting at the top. It's all about image. Theres no accountability regarding results. 

Dunfermline out worked us last night and they wanted it more. 

Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Harring are the only 4 players in that squad I'd be sorry to see leave.

Walker, Halliday, Naismith are too slow and living off past reputations. They should not all be on the pitch at the same time.

Frear and Roberts are terrible.

Popescu and Halkett are just simply not good enough. But then Berra is no better as a back up.

The youths so far look way short of what's needed although I can see something in Irving.

Boyce is ok but really needs to find his scoring boots and Wighton needs to play up front he's terrible out wide.

Neilson has some job on his hands getting us out this league and putting a squad together good enough for the prem league.  

Absolutely 👍🏽