***Official Dunfermline Athletic v Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

BelgeJambo

Just now, This is My Story Podcast said:

The full summer and all its recruitment was aimed at getting width into the team and getting balls into the box for Boyce/Wighton. Tonight we played 4231 with no wingers. Tried to play the game through the middle of the congested park and lost nearly every one on one battle. No alarm bells yet but that result has been coming, we’ve been miles off it for weeks now. 9 competitive matches, 9 different starting 11’s. Shoehorning players into positions purely to get them on the park. First real test in the league and we’ve been spanked. 

Elliot Frear is a winger, just not a very good one. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Greedy Jambo

• Thomaso

This is My Story Podcast
2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Elliot Frear is a winger, just not a very good one. 

Yeah true. We let McDonald go and he keeps Moore and Henderson out the team. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Won't make up for it in any way

May as well give up then after tonight's result, nothing else has or will matter ever again. 

39 minutes ago, luckydug said:

First thing Irving did when came on was to boot the ball into touch. 

Like his teammates he spent his time playing backwards and turning into trouble. 

Indeed he did

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Won't make up for it in any way

Agreed it’s 3 vital point lost.

Hearts fans March 2020 - "we're only 4 points behind with 8 games to go, of course we would stay up"

Hearts fans November 2020 - " we're 4 points behind (with a game in hand) with 23 games to go, of course we won't win the league.

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Have faith mate, it'll all come good in the end.

No doubt about it.

Well as long as we start playing a bit better.

Ok, as long as we win more games than everyone else.

Right, well as long as the likes of Dunfermline and Raith lose form.

We're fecked aren't we? ☹️

😂

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, karipidis said:

And do we have the players to do that? One injury to Ginelly seems to have made us lose all threat from the wide areas. 

We need sort it. 

The funny thing is I think White is decent wide left, not the tidiest of players but is fast, direct and gets stuck in. 

More effective than Frear for me. 

Psb said Robbie isn't sure on his shape or best team, I think that is true as well to an extent. 

30 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not about Irving ahead of Halliday in terms of ability, that wasn't what the poster was alluding too. 

It's about a poster using Irving as an example of a good attitude  when criticising another and stating he's " someone that wants to be here". 

Not renewing his contact and being able to sign a pre contract in 2 months would indicate the exact opposite. 

That was my point, that has now been lost and Tbh I don't really care if folk feel the same way. 

Time will tell. 

👍👍his head is elsewhere hence he doesn’t start games 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

In summary, how dunfermline beat us tonight is how I think we can beat celtic. 

Don't let them score first ( might rely on a little luck). 

Don't give too much away first half. 

Press and shoot on sight. 

Make set pieces count. 

😂😂😂😂

I really do love your optimism mate. Hopefully it rubs off on the players and we are better by the time the final comes round. 
We would need to be 100 times better than tonight to even get close to Celtic. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

He doesn’t start games because he is not good enough it’s really that simple. Was horrendous when he came on!! 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Billy Hoyle said:

😂😂😂😂

I really do love your optimism mate. Hopefully it rubs off on the players and we are better by the time the final comes round. 
We would need to be 100 times better than tonight to even get close to Celtic. 

I've watched football long enough to know every game is different. 

I've seen us draw 1-1 at love Street and beat Bayern Munich in the same week. 

I've seen us beat of Falkirk 4-0 and beat celtic 4-0.

Today's game has no influence on the final, just like if we win the next game 10-0 that will have no influence either. 

Dagger Is Back

We can and will win this league. That's not based on tonights performance and to be honest, not based on any performance so far this season with the exception of Dundee and maybe Hibs. It's based on nothing more than blind loyalty

None of our players imposed themselves on this game tonight. We are light up top, no pressure on Boyce when he's not performing because we have no-one else. We have players who already are simply not good enough.

They need a kick up their arse because as we all know, every single team are out there looking to take our scalp. 

34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not about Irving ahead of Halliday in terms of ability, that wasn't what the poster was alluding too. 

It's about a poster using Irving as an example of a good attitude  when criticising another and stating he's " someone that wants to be here". 

Not renewing his contact and being able to sign a pre contract in 2 months would indicate the exact opposite. 

That was my point, that has now been lost and Tbh I don't really care if folk feel the same way. 

Time will tell. 

I struggle to understand what point you’re making? 

Irving and Halliday are both shite, surely that’s not debatable?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Miko said:

The point was clear, a poster was using Irving as an example of a good attitude and someone who wants to be here when slating Hallidays attitude. 

I pointed the flaw in the logic out. 

They both aren't shite either, and even if they are they are the better midfielders at the club. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

if you had a brain you'd realise we're not going to get the results if we continue to play pish.

You missed the rest of the post out, gratz on that. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It might not be, but if it is yes I agree. 

I think his time is up with us Tbh. 

7 minutes ago, Miko said:

Next week you'll be their biggest fan. What a roaster

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The point was clear, a poster was using Irving as an example of a good attitude and someone who wants to be here when slating Hallidays attitude. 

I pointed the flaw in the logic out. 

They both aren't shite either, and even if they are they are the better midfielders at the club. 

They are both shite. The best midfielders at the club are Haring and Lee. You can’t seriously think that Irving and Halliday are any good?

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I've watched football long enough to know every game is different. 

I've seen us draw 1-1 at love Street and beat Bayern Munich in the same week. 

I've seen us beat of Falkirk 4-0 and beat celtic 4-0.

Today's game has no influence on the final, just like if we win the next game 10-0 that will have no influence either. 

"In summary, how dunfermline beat us tonight is how I think we can beat celtic."

😅

Gaun yerself, Nostradamus. 

1 hour ago, graygo said:

We watch the game through maroon tinted glasses and expect to dominate a game like that and win with a few goals to spare and when that doesn't happen we lose our shit.

You claim you are pretty level headed and so do I, but I looked at the stats just before the end on Bet365 and they had us at 65% possession we had 9 corners to their 3 and shots at goal were about the same. Now we hit the bar a couple of times, we were away from home, we are playing with no supporters backing us and we all know how important we can be, we had a few players away on international duty this week and I must admit i don't know how many Dunfermline did. I'm not entirely excusing the result because we should be winning games like that, but we won't go the whole season unbeaten and I'd bet that if you had to pick a game that we might lose then Dunfermline away would be top of your list.

Prediction: We will win the league, some folk still won't be happy.

Pretty much agree with everything you say and I’m not wetting myself after tonight, I don’t think it means we’re utter dross or that our manager isn’t up to it. I do however think that a performance like that is unacceptable. 

I honestly think Hearts fans are almost to loyal for our own good and in recent years we’re just excusing to many bad performances and it’s created a situation we’re obviously everyone would like to win, but if we don’t it’s not that bad and that just doesn’t lead to a winning mentality or a winning team.

No need to get too worked up about tonight’s but I get why people are annoyed.

Nobody beats a man, nobody takes responsibility, nobody moves into space, nobody hits the bye line, nobody can cross, nobody passes forward or into space...........everybody stands beside an opposition player and looks for the safety 1st option at all times.

Not just Hearts, it is the modern game in Scotland.......pish and a borefest!

6 minutes ago, MooseMich said:
14 minutes ago, Miko said:

Next week you'll be their biggest fan. What a roaster

Expand  

@MooseMich actually I didn’t want us to sign the hun and I’ve never been a big fan of Irving.

The hun can’t actually play football and Irving is every player ever produced from an academy. Tidy sideways passer but that’s about it.

Also go **** your self you insufferable *****

17 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

We can and will win this league. That's not based on tonights performance and to be honest, not based on any performance so far this season with the exception of Dundee and maybe Hibs. It's based on nothing more than blind loyalty

None of our players imposed themselves on this game tonight. We are light up top, no pressure on Boyce when he's not performing because we have no-one else. We have players who already are simply not good enough.

They need a kick up their arse because as we all know, every single team are out there looking to take our scalp. 

Exactly, and I'm not prepared to give that up just yet. 👍

maroonedinbriz
58 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We'll still win the league at a canter. 

10 points min, probably nearer 20.

How many beers?

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

"In summary, how dunfermline beat us tonight is how I think we can beat celtic."

😅

Gaun yerself, Nostradamus. 

Either that way or by beating them 4-0 and strolling it. 

😜🍻

So in summary if we beat them we'll do it easily or it will be close, and if we don't beat them they'll beat us. 

👍

Bazzas right boot
Just now, maroonedinbriz said:

How many beers?

None, save my beers for the Sat night, it's the way I roll. 

We'll win the league, comfortably. 

7 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Nobody beats a man, nobody takes responsibility, nobody moves into space, nobody hits the bye line, nobody can cross, nobody passes forward or into space...........everybody stands beside an opposition player and looks for the safety 1st option at all times.

Not just Hearts, it is the modern game in Scotland.......pish and a borefest!

You need to start following a different sport mate, football's not for you.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😜🍻

So in summary if we beat them we'll do it easily or it will be close, and if we don't beat them they'll beat us. 

👍

Close like at Hampden in 2012?

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😜🍻

👍

I'm all in. 😆

vladisacoward

Was busy doing something else tonight and was fairly confident I wouldn’t want to sit through the whole game anyway as I expected tiresome, turgid, dreary, dismal pish. Just flicked through the game in about half an hour or so on catch up. There’s half an hour of my life I’ll never get back. I was right in my pre match assessment too. No surprise whatsoever. It’s no great claim to fame, anyone with half a brain can see what’s what here. Quite a few on here appear to not even have half a brain, sadly. 

Most on here think we're going to stroll this league, I include myself in that, but after tonight's result and performance, we can all see, that ain't gonna happen, seems to me that the players reckon just turning up to play, is enough to win, not a bit of it, they have want to win each individual game.

Tonight's match, there was only one team that wanted it, and Dunfermline throughly deserved it, to be honest, it should've been by more, Hearts need to improve and quickly. 

HHGH 

magicjohnston

Naismith getting an easy ride on here tonight. Completely anonymous, which is completely unacceptable from a captain, even if neilson was making him play far too deep.

Boyce atleast looked like he was giving his all, some players need a long hard look at themselves. I can take a loss, but a lack of effort is unacceptable.

I know neilson doesn't accept this kind of non-trying, so I expect a response and probably the kick up the arse wee need.

Edited by magicjohnston
Spelling

45 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

Was busy doing something else tonight and was fairly confident I wouldn’t want to sit through the whole game anyway as I expected tiresome, turgid, dreary, dismal pish. Just flicked through the game in about half an hour or so on catch up. There’s half an hour of my life I’ll never get back. I was right in my pre match assessment too. No surprise whatsoever. It’s no great claim to fame, anyone with half a brain can see what’s what here. Quite a few on here appear to not even have half a brain, sadly. 

The problem is that some of us have half a brain and some of us are missing half a brain.

4 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

If teams press us and we keep passing  sideways then we struggle. We need a plan B 

Can you remind what what plan A is again? I seemed to have forgot in all this confusion 

J.T.F.Robertson
40 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Can you remind what what plan A is again? I seemed to have forgot in all this confusion 

Plan A would be enough if we had signed people who actually look as if they give a ****. Ours have been worse than abysmal, been this way for years and I for one am sick to the back teeth of it.

We've somehow succeeded in making a complete erse of just about everything over the past few years and something needs done, although I wonder if we've ****ed up one time too many this time.

I'm just really pissed off that this outfit look the same disinterested lot we've been subjected to for years now.

4 hours ago, topsport said:

all this singling out of Walker is unjustified scapegoating in my opinion 

the whole team underperformed tonight 

He only got subbed on later in the game too

damage was done 

I agree.  We shouldn't be singling out any individuals for criticism tonight.  Football is a team sport and, as a team, we were failures tonight and that includes the coaching staff.

7 hours ago, Anything2 said:

Yeah I'm not convinced that Ginnelly will cut it either but he's certainly better than Roberts and Frear. Roberts in particular is a liability. 

I prefer him to Frear. His crossing last night was woeful 

Boyce is one of those strikers who needs a good few chances before he scores. A bit like John Sutton. He’s not getting them from crosses which hit the corner flag. Should have scored from one decent cross and Popescu took one off him.

We have a history of getting strikers who have been pretty prolific elsewhere at times and ruining them.

I still have hope Boyce will come good

Turning defence into attack has been a problem. Particularly without Haring.

Midfield, defensively isn’t too much of a problem but creatively, without Ginelly and Haring to push us forward it’s not really happening.

Naismith, again had to come deep looking for the ball and Wighton is wasted out wide. Should be closer to Boyce.

Tuesday can’t come soon enough

Edited by Jamhammer

6 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Another thing I have said after ever game is one or two of the youngsters should be starting each game, if only for their energy and will to drive forward. They can't do any worse than the backwards thinking, half pace bunch that are currently starting games

I compared you to Sunderland ( as regards being a big team) when fighting relegation. I watched the first half and the pace seemed very slow, lack of urgency. I read some threads at the same time and it is word for word the same " their cup final", "cloggers" "biased refs" " we should be pissing the league etc etc"

Ross vs Stendel then and who came out on top? The team who was prepared to play youngsters, who instilled an attacking, never give up pressing mentality. 

I'm sure you will get back up but Sunderland are now in their 3rd league 1 season, sitting outside the play offs.

6 hours ago, leginten said:

I wonder if anyone in the management ever takes Walker to one side and tells him that it’s not good enough just to come on and make a few obvious, petulant fouls and stroll around as if you think you should be playing at a higher level of football?

And if not, why not? Because it keeps happening. It’s just about his sole contribution.

Maybe he’s just too thick to realise what an arse he is currently making of himself.

Jamie Walker is one of the most overrated Hearts players in the 30 years I’ve been going to Tynecastle.

His attitude stinks. Hides when things are not going well. 

6 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Walker was finished a long time ago. Potentially a great player 10 years ago but little niggly injuries have finished him.

He has suffered from injuries but that’s only a part of his failed career.

His attitude and his laziness have played a bigger part.

You can have all the talent in the world but you need to work your socks off to be a winner. 

When he went down South I said he would get found out within a matter of weeks and be back up the road playing for a Motherwell or Kilmarnock. Unfortunately Levein resigned him. 

Poor team performance apart from Smith/Kingsley.

Naismith at the back was pointless, & Lee was too easy beaten when defending.

Roberts efforts (or complete lack of) when he came on was a waste of a jersey, seems disinterested?

Maybe what we needed in terms of a reality check.

It is going to be a very long season for many on here!!! One game and already we are doomed. Hearts WILL win the league but never for one minute did I think we would do it unbeaten. Total meltdown after4 games, unbelievable!

30 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

It is going to be a very long season for many on here!!! One game and already we are doomed. Hearts WILL win the league but never for one minute did I think we would do it unbeaten. Total meltdown after4 games, unbelievable!

I think people are more concerned on the manner we were beaten than actually getting beaten.

I can accept as loss if we had put 100% into the game and looked the better team but that certainly wasn’t the case last night. Dunfermline more than deserved the win and in fact after they scored their second it was looking like that Livi away game all over again.

Tonights result has been coming as we have been piss poor and just grinding out results. They’re are a lot of players in our squad that are just not up to it and it’s down to Neilson to get a foot up their backside and get them going.

Its all about how we react to this now. Another poor performance on Tuesday night and I will be concerned.

Edited by Lambo85

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Oh right that makes me feel so much better.....

Not trying to make anyone feel better,just pointing out that even the best teams don't win every game

MarkDevriesScores4

Toys out the pram on here as predicted.

we were unlikely to win every game this season. On another night, we don’t hit the bar twice and Boyce doesn’t miss that sitter and we win the match. It wasn’t a great performance but I still have no doubt we will win the division. 

haring needs to play. We look a far more assured side when he’s available.

we have a chance to hit back on Tuesday and hopefully fans will get behind the team rather than planning planes with banners. 

last night was disappointing but not as bad as some are making out.