***Official Dunfermline Athletic v Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

BelgeJambo

Jambof3tornado
11 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

when he came on we saw more urgency. under stendel he was thriving... only my opinion of course. suffice to say I have no knowledge of his contract situation, so I'll have to defer to your inside knowledge.

I'd have had Irving on 10 minutes earlier. He made a difference to us.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Greedy Jambo

• Thomaso

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Even tonight when Walker comes on, passes it back on the half way line and walks off up the field, just on and no urgency or wanting the ball. 

I saw that, if he's not coming on to drive is forward then why bother at all

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What Hearts fan would not be happy winning the league? 😳

There's fecking loads mate, I'm not saying they won't be happy we won the league but there will be plenty not happy about how we won the league.

FFS we had some fans that were that unhappy the last time that they hired a plane.

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

A good manager would have seen the warning signs before waiting for a defeat.

Well we didnt go for a good Manager. We got Robbie Neilson, and he has picked up exactly where he left......

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

More urgency, we were 2-0 down ffs, I hope tf there was urgency. He was urgent to give it to opposition though, like a lot of others.

First thing Irving did when came on was to boot the ball into touch. 

Like his teammates he spent his time playing backwards and turning into trouble. 

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

There was loads of urgency when we were 2-0 down. Why is the no urgency when it’s 0-0?

That’s what ****s me off. 

Because urgency = panic = your game plan isn't going to work.

It's not rocket science, at 1-0 we still thought our game plan would see us win, at 2-0 it's bloody obvious that it's not.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

when he came on we saw more urgency. under stendel he was thriving... only my opinion of course. suffice to say I have no knowledge of his contract situation, so I'll have to defer to your inside knowledge.

I have no inside knowledge. 

If you checked up rather than trying to be a smart arse, you'll see someone criticised Hallidays attitude and suggested Irving has a better one as "he wants to be here." 

I simply stated the fact he hasn't renewed his contract, so with that in mind he may not be the best example of a player with a attitude of someone who wants to be here when looking for comparisons. 

I stand by that. 

Whether he's good enough and should be playing is a different debate. 

I had no intention of discussing his contract. 

2 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Well we didnt go for a good Manager. We got Robbie Neilson, and he has picked up exactly where he left......

Robbie Neilson has won the league that we are desperate to win twice.

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

First thing Irving did when came on was to boot the ball into touch. 

Like his teammates he spent his time playing backwards and turning into trouble. 

Irving has youth on his side but has shown nothing this season to justify the clamour to have him in the team.

Gordon, Kingsley, Smith aside  the same could be said for the rest of squad and that is poor considering the opposition we have to face.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I saw that, if he's not coming on to drive is forward then why bother at all

I’m actually beginning to really dislike him, he’s always frustrated me because he makes the wrong choice at the wrong time constantly, but this waking football has me screaming at the tv. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I have no inside knowledge. 

If you checked up rather than trying to be a smart arse, you'll see someone criticised Hallidays attitude and suggested Irving has a better one as "he wants to be here." 

I simply stated the fact he hasn't renewed his contract, so with that in mind he may not be the best example of a player with a attitude of someone who wants to be here when looking for comparisons. 

I stand by that. 

Whether he's good enough and should be playing is a different debate. 

I had no intention of discussing his contract. 

em, that would have been me, a fact of which I have no knowledge, as I state. apologies if I came across as a smart arse but you've rubbished my view several times throughout the thread... I respectfully reject your opinion, I take Irving ahead of Halliday. We shall just have to agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

yes really .. the attempt of a ball he put into the keepers arms when we had 4 in the box

That's your biggest drama from that game. Wow

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

There was loads of urgency when we were 2-0 down. Why is the no urgency when it’s 0-0?

That’s what ****s me off. 

Not from that stupid lazy ***** there wasn’t, there never is. Only really saw Naismith show urgency. Agreed it shouldn’t need to come when two down. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Maybe a wake up to all the “we’ll win this league at a canter” brigade tonight.

Apart from the Dundee game we having been absolutely dreadful so far this season and have been lucky to grind out results. 
Tonight has been coming and doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. Hopefully a big wake up call to Robbie and all the players. Big response to this needed on Tuesday night.!

We'll still win the league at a canter. 

10 points min, probably nearer 20.

We'll still win the league at a canter. 

10 points min, probably nearer 20.

We were also too good to get relegated last season. 

We'll win the league but not based on our last few performances, We need huge improvement

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Because urgency = panic = your game plan isn't going to work.

It's not rocket science, at 1-0 we still thought our game plan would see us win, at 2-0 it's bloody obvious that it's not.

Why do all our game plans seem to involve allowing the opposition team to get all their defenders back in position before we are ready to attack them? We are playing in a league that is a level below us yet still look like we can not move the ball about fast enough, can’t beat any opposition players for pace and have players that can’t make the right decisions while under pressure in the final third. It’s very frustrating. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

em, that would have been me, a fact of which I have no knowledge, as I state. apologies if I came across as a smart arse but you've rubbished my view several times throughout the thread... I respectfully reject your opinion, I take Irving ahead of Halliday. We shall just have to agree to disagree.

It's not about Irving ahead of Halliday in terms of ability, that wasn't what the poster was alluding too. 

It's about a poster using Irving as an example of a good attitude  when criticising another and stating he's " someone that wants to be here". 

Not renewing his contact and being able to sign a pre contract in 2 months would indicate the exact opposite. 

That was my point, that has now been lost and Tbh I don't really care if folk feel the same way. 

Time will tell. 

I wonder if anyone in the management ever takes Walker to one side and tells him that it’s not good enough just to come on and make a few obvious, petulant fouls and stroll around as if you think you should be playing at a higher level of football?

And if not, why not? Because it keeps happening. It’s just about his sole contribution.

Maybe he’s just too thick to realise what an arse he is currently making of himself.

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Nothing other than Royal humping of Alloa will make up for tonight

That would mean actually trying to get upfield to score a goal. 

We are due a clean sheet so 0-0 or 1-0 Hearts. 😴😴😴

At least we are not having to drag ourselves outdoors in the cold and rain to watch it. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, jambostuart said:

We were also too good to get relegated last season. 

We'll win the league but not based on our last few performances, We need huge improvement

We might have been, no one will know that. 

Yes we will win the league. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Why do all our game plans seem to involve allowing the opposition team to get all their defenders back in position before we are ready to attack them? We are playing in a league that is a level below us yet still look like we can not move the ball about fast enough, can’t beat any opposition players for pace and have players that can’t make the right decisions while under pressure in the final third. It’s very frustrating

It is but I think we'll be ok come the prize giving ceremony.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

We might have been, no one will know that. 

Yes we will win the league. 

Obviously hope you're right, and I also think we will win. But it's one thing for us to think it, the players really can't just take it for granted. That's part of why we were in last season's shit show.

3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Sorry but that's utter shite! Rangers and Celtic are at every team from the first minute until the last, they never give up, they never stop. That's why they win most games.

Yes, they have better players, but we also did tonight and got totally kippered by a squad who are nowhere near our level in terms of skill, caps, medals or wages but they totally wanted it more than us. 

Guess what mate? That sometimes happens to Rangers and Celtic as well.

Edit: Forgot to add, that means it's not utter shite.

Edited by graygo

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Sorry but that's utter shite! Rangers and Celtic are at every team from the first minute until the last, they never give up, they never stop. That's why they win most games.

Yes, they have better players, but we also did tonight and got totally kippered by a squad who are nowhere near our level in terms of skill, caps, medals or wages but they totally wanted it more than us. 

Win Most games, not all..... 

:fonzie:

You've just answered your own dilemma. 

Have we not won most games this season, league and the cups? 

At the seasons end we will have won most games and be top. 

Just now, graygo said:

It is but I think we'll be ok come the prize giving ceremony.

Despite my disappointment tonight I do as well. If Dunfermline are our main rivals we have nothing to fear. Bubbles will burst. 

1 minute ago, leginten said:

I wonder if anyone in the management ever takes Walker to one side and tells him that it’s not good enough just to come on and make a few obvious, petulant fouls and stroll around as if you think you should be playing at a higher level of football?

And if not, why not? Because it keeps happening. It’s just about his sole contribution.

Maybe he’s just too thick to realise what an arse he is currently making of himself.

He should never have been brought back. 

No pace. Not good enough on the ball to get away with a lack of pace. If he hasn't scored in a game, he's anonymous. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jambostuart said:

Obviously hope you're right, and I also think we will win. But it's one thing for us to think it, the players really can't just take it for granted. That's part of why we were in last season's shit show.

Correct, we can't take it for granted. 

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

Walker was finished a long time ago. Potentially a great player 10 years ago but little niggly injuries have finished him.

I used to think he was a magnificent player for Hearts. I think he still has something, but his attitude stinks to high heaven. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not about Irving ahead of Halliday in terms of ability, that wasn't what the poster was alluding too. 

It's about a poster using Irving as an example of a good attitude  when criticising another and stating he's " someone that wants to be here". 

Not renewing his contact and being able to sign a pre contract in 2 months would indicate the exact opposite. 

That was my point, that has now been lost and Tbh I don't really care if folk feel the same way. 

Time will tell. 

He's not going to get a contract with a bigger club than Hearts. 

If he thinks otherwise he's fantasising. 

4 minutes ago, leginten said:

This is absolutely spot on. I’ve been watching him do that for ages. Particularly this season in every game he has played he leaves the boot in on players giving stood fouls away. Another in a long line of Hearts players who need to give themselves a good shake. Makes me question their attitude. 

On paper we should skoosh this league. And that’s exactly why The players need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror tonight.

Every game for every other side playing us is a cup final and the sooner we realise that, the better 

Attitude and application Vs much better quality but with a complacent attitude is a recipe for disaster 

If there are any positives to be taken, I would now hope that these same players now realise that they aren’t good enough as footballers to just turn up and expect to win. They let us all down tonight, badly.

Losing is part of the game but I hate when we lose due to a half arsed effort like tonight’s performance. 

We move on but I hope it’s made crystal clear to every player that took the field tonight (bar M smith) that, that performance was unacceptable, and cannot be repeated 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Despite my disappointment tonight I do as well. If Dunfermline are our main rivals we have nothing to fear. Bubbles will burst. 

Good man. 👍

I was starting to think that me and @Smith's right boot lived in some sort of parallel universe and were the only ones who still thought we could win this league without playing like Brazil every week.

6 minutes ago, leginten said:

Walker strikes me as somebody who is happy to do the bare minimum to be a professional footballer. He rarely grabs the game by the scruff of the neck and hasn't for a long time.

all this singling out of Walker is unjustified scapegoating in my opinion 

the whole team underperformed tonight 

He only got subbed on later in the game too

damage was done 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The worst thing about tonight's defeat imo isn't that we got beat or that we played poor it's the fact dunfermline are shite Tbh. 

The played for second balls and had a higher tempo than us, that is all. 

Shoot on sight, pick up second balls. 

Just before thier first goal, their player hit the moon with a shot from a pick up in the middle, 1 min later from a throw in and a second ball - run and hit the ball at the goal, deflection, boom. 

2nd goal a corner. 

Folk painting Dunfermline as a swashbuckling all out attack football side are on glue. 

Direct, energy, second balls and Ofc set pieces, they done that well. 

We need to adapt slightly as 20 passes across the middle is useless in this league as is flick ons and 1-2's,

Down the sides, in the box, shoot, pick up second balls. 

Rinse and repeat. 

Just now, graygo said:

Good man. 👍

I was starting to think that me and @Smith's right boot lived in some sort of parallel universe and were the only ones who still thought we could win this league without playing like Brazil every week.

😀 no I’m with you. I’d just like to see us move the ball about in a more positive way and players to show more energy off the ball. Too many guys easily marked. Boyce is I’m poor form but if he needs three or four clear cut chances to score he should still be getting the, with the quality we have. 

6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

It's happening to us in almost every game though. That's the worry.

What? We get totally kippered almost every game?

We don't, neither do they. We sometimes do and so do they.

The worst thing about tonight's defeat imo isn't that we got beat or that we played poor it's the fact dunfermline are shite Tbh. 

Just before thier first goal, their player hit the moon with a shot from a pick up in the middle, 1 min later from a throw in and a second ball - run and hit the ball at the goal, deflection, boom. 

2nd goal a corner. 

Folk painting Dunfermline as a swashbuckling all out attack football side are on glue. 

We need to adapt slightly as 20 passes across the middle is useless in this league as is flick ons and 1-2's,

Rinse and repeat. 

Yes. But back to most of the games last season, how many times more is our budget compared to Dunfermline’s?

4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

On paper we should skoosh this league. And that’s exactly why The players need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror tonight.

Every game for every other side playing us is a cup final and the sooner we realise that, the better 

Attitude and application Vs much better quality but with a complacent attitude is a recipe for disaster 

If there are any positives to be taken, I would now hope that these same players now realise that they aren’t good enough as footballers to just turn up and expect to win. They let us all down tonight, badly.

Losing is part of the game but I hate when we lose due to a half arsed effort like tonight’s performance. 

We move on but I hope it’s made crystal clear to every player that took the field tonight (bar M smith) that, that performance was unacceptable, and cannot be repeated 

Totally agreed although I must say I thought Smith was very poor tonight. 

6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

If you had a brain (which I know you don't) you'd understand that we are talking about performances rather than results.

Come on, most folk don't give a shit about performance as long as we win, rightly so. Nobody was talking about performance, surely?

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Correct. A win alone is not enough.

It is for me tbh. Would love an inspired performance and 3 goal win but a win is all that’s important. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

If you had a brain (which I know you don't) you'd understand that we are talking about performances rather than results.

If you has a brain you'd know results are more important. 

Also, in all our wins I thought we were the better team in most if not all of them, some where more marginal than I'd like but on reflection we in general had more shots on and off target, more possession, more corners and more territory than our opposition. 

I'd say that is being the better team and winning, which we have done most of this season, in fact in almost every game until tonight. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Francis Albert
20 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Nothing other than Royal humping of Alloa will make up for tonight

Won't make up for it in any way

1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

yes really .. the attempt of a ball he put into the keepers arms when we had 4 in the box

Wow.  Irving got about 20 minutes at most and you pick  him out for one pass..  very strange.  007 indeed

Bazzas right boot

In summary, how dunfermline beat us tonight is how I think we can beat celtic. 

Don't let them score first ( might rely on a little luck). 

Don't give too much away first half. 

Press and shoot on sight. 

Make set pieces count. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😀 no I’m with you. I’d just like to see us move the ball about in a more positive way and players to show more energy off the ball. Too many guys easily marked. Boyce is I’m poor form but if he needs three or four clear cut chances to score he should still be getting the, with the quality we have. 

Have faith mate, it'll all come good in the end.

No doubt about it.

Well as long as we start playing a bit better.

Ok, as long as we win more games than everyone else.

Right, well as long as the likes of Dunfermline and Raith lose form.

We're fecked aren't we? ☹️

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

2nd goal a corner. 

Rinse and repeat. 

And do we have the players to do that? One injury to Ginelly seems to have made us lose all threat from the wide areas. 

This is My Story Podcast

The full summer and all its recruitment was aimed at getting width into the team and getting balls into the box for Boyce/Wighton. Tonight we played 4231 with no wingers. Tried to play the game through the middle of the congested park and lost nearly every one on one battle. No alarm bells yet but that result has been coming, we’ve been miles off it for weeks now. 9 competitive matches, 9 different starting 11’s. Shoehorning players into positions purely to get them on the park. First real test in the league and we’ve been spanked.