***Official Dunfermline Athletic v Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

BelgeJambo

Team were weak as a whole tonight. Let’s hope they get the boot up the erse they deserve and can lift their levels. 

Other teams will go all out against us as supposed favourites. 
pedestrian pace isn’t going to cut it 

one off defeat hopefully 🙏 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Greedy Jambo

• Thomaso

I could  see problems when our players could not get turned round to face the right way time and again. Harried and harassed. How could have scored 5 times with gilt edged chances. 

Time for hysteria. And this is the place. Honey, I'm home

Pasquale for King
Just now, Madjambo21 said:

Agree with it doesn't seem to work with Boyce and Naismith.

Naismith needs to be a penalty box striker now, he slows the game down in midfield and can't run.

Against Alloa we should have Ginnelly back to give us some pace.

If Robert's plays he has to stay wide and run at defenders and not drift inside

They were both great against Dundee, we need that type of performance from them. Not sure how we do that and get the best out of Naismith/Boyce/Wighton through the middle. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We will win the league. We should having the budget of rest of league put together.

We should be paying in better performances.

Yes, we should more often than not. 

I'll judged that after maybe 10/12 league games. 

Atm we've won 8 and lost 1. 

We require improvement. 

The same can be said for almost every club in the world in that regard tho. 

Football isn't played on a balance sheet either, if Celtic beat us 10- 0 I wouldn't be happy and accept that, even although they have over 10 times our budget. 

If we don't win the league then there will be major concerns, if we do then the job is done. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

It may be he case that Dunfermline won’t play as well again or get as good a result this season but you need to isolate tonight’s game and look at the difference.  

They smothered Hearts with desire and energy and we frankly didn’t fancy it.  In possession, they had McInroy who fought like lion to get that space for the opener, wtf are our players doing?  Laboured, slow, unimaginative shite, scared to move with the ball from the place they receive it....Olly Lee!  Ffs.

You need to put energy and be aware of what levels of work , in and out of possession,  you need to give.  

It looks like they’ve played that way all season with one draw and 8 wins, unless they get injuries and probably suspensions as they like to mix it they won’t be easy to overhaul. 

Just now, MCW1976 said:

Yer right! It was perfectly okay. Why the heck are we moaning?

Maybe you'd feel safer watching Hearts women? 

Ha! Very good. 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

It may be he case that Dunfermline won’t play as well again or get as good a result this season but you need to isolate tonight’s game and look at the difference.  

They smothered Hearts with desire and energy and we frankly didn’t fancy it.  In possession, they had McInroy who fought like lion to get that space for the opener, wtf are our players doing?  Laboured, slow, unimaginative shite, scared to move with the ball from the place they receive it....Olly Lee!  Ffs.

You need to put energy and be aware of what levels of work , in and out of possession,  you need to give.  

That’s exactly what was said about Arbroath.

The players now better be ready for the above every single game because there now the reality of every team that see us as a scalp and cup final.  Something that wasn’t the case last time down.   It took Nelson over half a year to get Dundee Utd side into the side that won the league last time and that was also a lot to do with Shankland, he’s not got the time this time.  We should have went for Nesbit for his energy and finishing.  

20 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We will win the league. We should having the budget of rest of league put together.

We should be paying in better performances.

That what was said last season - we wont get relegated with our budget! 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Every team we play is going to be up for it. We have to match that desire and frankly, on tonights showing, it aint going to happen.  Oddly I was thinking earlier that one of the pluses for us in 2014 was the fact sevco and the vermin were in the league. That meant the smaller teams would get fired up for those two potential scalps. Not so easy to do for them several times in pretty short order. This time it's us, and don't forget as much as we hate them for their self interest they probably hate us for a perceived sense of entitlement. 

6 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Yes I have made a point and I suspect you are one of the clowns who laughed. It's you that needs to get a grip if you think tonight's performance was good enough

Tonight's performance wasn't good enough, no I didn't laugh at your prediction and no you haven't made a point.

I make that a 3-0 loss for you. 🤡

5 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Don't know about the better football bit but we do everything at tortoise pace. Been like that for years now, it's all so fekin predictable.

So true. Why the feck has Robbie not addressed this?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

They were both great against Dundee, we need that type of performance from them. Not sure how we do that and get the best out of Naismith/Boyce/Wighton through the middle. 

Maybe time to drop Naismith and have 2 wingers.

Harring fit is a must for me even though he has looked rusty when playing.

Boyce and Wighton up top.

Never easy being a Jambo but it makes the good times so much better HHGH👍😁

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He’s still sitting watch them get a chance while shite because signed by the manager while he doesn’t get his. 

That makes no sense. 

Irving isn't up against them, if he's in the huff because we signed these two players then Tbh he can gtf, he won't make it as a footballer. 

I'm sure Frear and Johnston have zero influence on whether Irving signs a contract tho, my point was in regards to a poster singling Halliday out for a bad attitude and using Irving as an example as someone who wants to be and play  with us. 

Another thing I have said after ever game is one or two of the youngsters should be starting each game, if only for their energy and will to drive forward. They can't do any worse than the backwards thinking, half pace bunch that are currently starting games

8 minutes ago, haj said:

Weirdly I don’t feel pissed off after that. To a man it was a poor performance. Naismith looks like he’s reached the end of the road. But we’re not going to win every game and i’m very confident that over the course we’ll drop less points against the others than Dunfermline or anyone else for that matter.

Nope sorry that's not good enough, go and get your shit then lose it, it's the only way.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

That what was said last season - we wont get relegated with our budget! 

And we'll never know if we would have 👍

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Tonight's performance wasn't good enough, no I didn't laugh at your prediction and no you haven't made a point.

I make that a 3-0 loss for you. 🤡

No Dunfermline have made a point.....

Pasquale for King
Just now, Madjambo21 said:

Maybe time to drop Naismith and have 2 wingers.

Harring fit is a must for me even though he has looked rusty when playing.

Boyce and Wighton up top.

Never easy being a Jambo but it makes the good times so much better HHGH👍😁

Might be too attacking for Neilson but Naismith in midfield beside Haring with that four ahead might work. 

15 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Here's a radical though, ok maybe too out field for Robbie but how about we pass the ball to our own players and maybe try shooting from the edge of the box instead of trying to walk the ball into the net. Boyce and Naismith trying fancy flicks instead of taking control and shooting.

The feckin flicks annoy me too, amount of times we just lost possession. Sometimes just hold onto the ball and turn and have a shot or something 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

That makes no sense. 

Irving isn't up against them, if he's in the huff because we signed these two players then Tbh he can gtf, he won't make it as a footballer. 

I'm sure Frear and Johnston have zero influence on whether Irving signs a contract tho, my point was in regards to a poster singling Halliday out for a bad attitude and using Irving as an example as someone who wants to be and play  with us. 

Yes it does.  They two huddies play because Neilson signed them.  They also keep two young, better players imo out the side not getting a chance.  If the young players aren’t getting a chance, and there’s no sign it will change, why would they trust management enough to sign on for longer? 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Might be too attacking for Neilson but Naismith in midfield beside Haring with that four ahead might work. 

Well done, you have just made the midfield even slower

Pasquale for King
Just now, jambopilms said:

Well done, you have just made the midfield even slower

It can’t get any slower, they’re all one paced. 

Another thing I have said after ever game is one or two of the youngsters should be starting each game, if only for their energy and will to drive forward. They can't do any worse than the backwards thinking, half pace bunch that are currently starting games

THIS!!! ... I have watched us this season being closed down by younger, hungrier kids who want to make a name/take a professional scalp for themselves and we as a team need to be wary of this

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Every team we play is going to be up for it. We have to match that desire and frankly, on tonights showing, it aint going to happen.  Oddly I was thinking earlier that one of the pluses for us in 2014 was the fact sevco and the vermin were in the league. That meant the smaller teams would get fired up for those two potential scalps. Not so easy to do for them several times in pretty short order. This time it's us, and don't forget as much as we hate them for their self interest they probably hate us for a perceived sense of entitlement. 

Very much agree but why should we be questioning this?  It’s a worrying situation we are continually questioning the guts of a Hearts team. I never felt it would be the stroll this season like 14/15, I said as much in the build up, 

but I didn’t expect alarming performances like tonight.

Robbie is right in that we’ll lose sometime but I remember when we lost our unbeaten record to Falkirk in 14/15, we still pounded them that day. It was just “one of those days” out of character from a team you knew had all the fundamentals in place.  

47 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

We cant afford to play tippy tappy against teams like this. Hungry and in your face will win every time. I hate to say it but route one would have got a better result tonight.

It was like watching Levein's team. Lack of urgency, sideways and back passes. As soon as the oppossition closes us down we have no answer. This is a disjointed team, and our Manager has been out thought by his assistant....

Just now, graygo said:

Nope sorry that's not good enough, go and get your shit then lose it, it's the only way.

I’m normally pretty level headed I like to think and yeah, it’s all about going up and as long as we do that then fine, we’ll forget these results and all the meltdowns that come with them.

At the same time though we’re Hearts. We should be better than these teams and not only should we beat them but if we lose which is an inevitably in any sport we should still at least show some sort of glimpse of being the better side.

I like Robbie and won’t be calling for his head anytime soon but that wasn’t good enough tonight and the fault is with the manager and the players in equal measure and if ever there was a club that proves you can’t keep putting up with mediocrity then Hearts are it. 

To have the media talking in the build up about how we could potentially go unbeaten the whole season, to putting in a performance like that is just embarrassing and I’ll forgive any fans that are foaming at the mouth because I can absolutely see why.

A loss is fair enough, it’s football. But in that fashion with the squad, the budget and the infrastructure at our disposal isn’t good enough.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yes it does.  They two huddies play because Neilson signed them.  They also keep two young, better players imo out the side not getting a chance.  If the young players aren’t getting a chance, and there’s no sign it will change, why would they trust management enough to sign on for longer? 

Irving isn't up against they 2.

Our wide youngsters were not good enough, so we signed new ones. 

Why the **** would Irving not sign a contract based on that? 

It's also irrelevant, either way if he's not signing a contract for whatever reason he's not the best example to use as " someone who wants to be here". 

42 minutes ago, David Black said:

To the Robbie Neilson and Steven Naismith fan club. Have a long hard think. It's all coming back to me as to why I was glad to see RN leave before. Bar the Dundee game we have been shocking every game. I got so bored I switched off after 70 mins. it's like watching a CL team, boring. 

Nail on head. There is no discernable difference between last season to this. 30 minutes against Dundee and Hibs apart we are no better. Apart from signing 2 Wingers that would not get a game for a Sunday League team, we still have not addressed the most important part of the team - The midfield.

Any chance our forwards could just play off the shoulder of the CB and make runs in behind. Get their defence turned around and chasing us. Part time teams have worked that out

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

It was like watching Levein's team. Lack of urgency, sideways and back passes. As soon as the oppossition closes us down we have no answer. This is a disjointed team, and our Manager has been out thought by his assistant....

Too many of his players who got us into last place and demoted, and years left on their contracts too. 

Jambof3tornado
39 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Frear did ok, this is his level, but Roberts has looked poor the last few times I've seen him, and he's on a long contract, Henderson is a better player. A few need dropped for Tuesday, I would rather have hard workers against teams like Alloa than fancy Dans who think they're too good for this league.

Frear did ok??? Really? I want everyone in maroon to succeed but he was garbage and hasnt kicked a ball for us yet. Roberts too.

Early days but we really need to.get top of the table ASAP just in case we shutdown again.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

It's also irrelevant, either way if he's not signing a contract for whatever reason he's not the best example to use as " someone who wants to be here". 

You are now deliberately missing what I’m saying.  There are young, better players not getting a chance in the positions of Frear and Roberts that aren’t getting a chance. Irving also isn’t getting a chance, all for players brought in by the manager.  If they see the manager won’t be giving them game time or showing faith in them especially when they could contribute more then why would he think this club is best for his progression?  The answer? He won’t.  Perhaps if he was unlucky that better are in his role but sees other youngsters getting a first team chance then it might be different but right now they are all in the same boat while Neilsons signings who are playing to justify them signing are performing poorly. 

That was a dreadful performance tonight. 

For a while it looked like it was going to be a re-run of that night at Livingston. 

Apart from the Dundee game we have struggled and tonight Dunfermline were well worth their win. They had bags of energy and gave their all. Our players just played backwards and sideways all night. 

Massive improvement needed if we are to have any chance of promotion. 

Pasquale for King

Any chance our forwards could just play off the shoulder of the CB and make runs in behind. Get their defence turned around and chasing us. Part time teams have worked that out

Boyce never ever does that,keeps on  dropping deep. Wighton would’ve but didn’t get the chance before being hooked. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

when he came on we saw more urgency. under stendel he was thriving... only my opinion of course. suffice to say I have no knowledge of his contract situation, so I'll have to defer to your inside knowledge.

The last time we were premiership players in the championship and we walked it, we are an ordinary championship team this time round. We never played poor tonight, we are poor. The warnings were there at Arbroath. Lee Frear Halliday Naismith as a midfield, Walker as an impact sub, really. The only chance any of this lot has of playing premiership football next season is winning this league, none would be in demand. This is our worst team in many a year. Players who could not battle last season are still here, and the most disappointing factor is the impact from Leveins great academy. Credit to Dunfermline who are very much what we will face every week, nothing special but who will play for the jersey. Big deal we beat Hibs, the cup is secondary to this league. Yes very disappointed, surprised no.

14 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

That’s how Robbie sets his teams up. 

Slow, turn back when you get the ball, pass back, play minimum strikers so we have no out ball. 

The amount of times we get a free kick just inside opposition half and we play it back to centre half's is frustrating.

Maybe a wake up to all the “we’ll win this league at a canter” brigade tonight.

Apart from the Dundee game we having been absolutely dreadful so far this season and have been lucky to grind out results. 
Tonight has been coming and doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. Hopefully a big wake up call to Robbie and all the players. Big response to this needed on Tuesday night.!

3 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

when he came on we saw more urgency. under stendel he was thriving... only my opinion of course. suffice to say I have no knowledge of his contract situation, so I'll have to defer to your inside knowledge.

More urgency, we were 2-0 down ffs, I hope tf there was urgency. He was urgent to give it to opposition though, like a lot of others.

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

Yes they did but that's not the point I responded to.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think the point you referred to was that Dunfermline would be our main rivals - does tonight’s game not suggest he had a point? 🤔

1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

Maybe a wake up to all the “we’ll win this league at a canter” brigade tonight.

Apart from the Dundee game we having been absolutely dreadful so far this season and have been lucky to grind out results. 
Tonight has been coming and doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. Hopefully a big wake up call to Robbie and all the players. Big response to this needed on Tuesday night.!

A good manager would have seen the warning signs before waiting for a defeat.

1 minute ago, Squirt said:

I’m normally pretty level headed I like to think and yeah, it’s all about going up and as long as we do that then fine, we’ll forget these results and all the meltdowns that come with them.

At the same time though we’re Hearts. We should be better than these teams and not only should we beat them but if we lose which is an inevitably in any sport we should still at least show some sort of glimpse of being the better side.

I like Robbie and won’t be calling for his head anytime soon but that wasn’t good enough tonight and the fault is with the manager and the players in equal measure and if ever there was a club that proves you can’t keep putting up with mediocrity then Hearts are it. 

To have the media talking in the build up about how we could potentially go unbeaten the whole season, to putting in a performance like that is just embarrassing and I’ll forgive any fans that are foaming at the mouth because I can absolutely see why.

A loss is fair enough, it’s football. But in that fashion with the squad, the budget and the infrastructure at our disposal isn’t good enough.

We watch the game through maroon tinted glasses and expect to dominate a game like that and win with a few goals to spare and when that doesn't happen we lose our shit.

You claim you are pretty level headed and so do I, but I looked at the stats just before the end on Bet365 and they had us at 65% possession we had 9 corners to their 3 and shots at goal were about the same. Now we hit the bar a couple of times, we were away from home, we are playing with no supporters backing us and we all know how important we can be, we had a few players away on international duty this week and I must admit i don't know how many Dunfermline did. I'm not entirely excusing the result because we should be winning games like that, but we won't go the whole season unbeaten and I'd bet that if you had to pick a game that we might lose then Dunfermline away would be top of your list.

Prediction: We will win the league, some folk still won't be happy.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

We watch the game through maroon tinted glasses and expect to dominate a game like that and win with a few goals to spare and when that doesn't happen we lose our shit.

You claim you are pretty level headed and so do I, but I looked at the stats just before the end on Bet365 and they had us at 65% possession we had 9 corners to their 3 and shots at goal were about the same. Now we hit the bar a couple of times, we were away from home, we are playing with no supporters backing us and we all know how important we can be, we had a few players away on international duty this week and I must admit i don't know how many Dunfermline did. I'm not entirely excusing the result because we should be winning games like that, but we won't go the whole season unbeaten and I'd bet that if you had to pick a game that we might lose then Dunfermline away would be top of your list.

Prediction: We will win the league, some folk still won't be happy.

What Hearts fan would not be happy winning the league? 😳

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The amount of times we get a free kick just inside opposition half and we play it back to centre half's is frustrating.

Even tonight when Walker comes on, passes it back on the half way line and walks off up the field, just on and no urgency or wanting the ball. 

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think the point you referred to was that Dunfermline would be our main rivals - does tonight’s game not suggest he had a point? 🤔

Not after 4 games. Are you saying we were Celtic's main rivals after 10 games with Kevin in charge?

No idea who Kevin is 😁. Levein

Edited by graygo

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You are now deliberately missing what I’m saying.  There are young, better players not getting a chance in the positions of Frear and Roberts that aren’t getting a chance. Irving also isn’t getting a chance, all for players brought in by the manager.  If they see the manager won’t be giving them game time or showing faith in them especially when they could contribute more then why would he think this club is best for his progression?  The answer? He won’t.  Perhaps if he was unlucky that better are in his role but sees other youngsters getting a first team chance then it might be different but right now they are all in the same boat while Neilsons signings who are playing to justify them signing are performing poorly. 

Who's better than Frear or Roberts that we have in the youth? 

Your point is irrelevant, you responded to me in regards to another poster about using Irving as a good example of someone who wants to be here when slating Hallidays attitude. 

Neilsons signings hass us in the next round of the lc, a sc final and imo will win the league, easily. 

If Irving isn't signing a contract based on your reasons he can gtf in all honesty. However, the reasons you have given make no sense and will have bearing on him signing or not, and as this is a match thread I'm done with this debate. 

My original point was that using Irving as a good example of someone who wants to be here is questionable. That stands, whatever the reasons for not signing.