***Official Dunfermline Athletic v Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

BelgeJambo

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I do have faith but the blame if anyone wants to hand it out will be on him, he will accept it too. Let’s hope it’s all good. 

Fair doos.

I agree Neilson would take responsibility. He comes across as that sort of person.

Jeez, the recent Levein years has really scarred us! Football supporters PTSD equivalent!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Greedy Jambo

• Thomaso

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

You can prevent injuries though, playing guys who are not fully fit or struggling with an injury can make it worse. If Smith or Boyce break down tonight that will be Neilsons fault, an hour for both would probably be for the best. 

And if they both play 90 mins and Boyce scores a couple or more will you give Neilson the credit?  I know the answer so don’t bother replying. 

Салатные палочки
24 minutes ago, Boris said:

Fair doos.

I agree Neilson would take responsibility. He comes across as that sort of person.

Jeez, the recent Levein years has really scarred us! Football supporters PTSD equivalent!

:laugh: so true. I still cringe whenever some has a shot against us. Then I remember Gordon is in goals. 

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Boris said:

Fair doos.

Absolutely, unfortunately the documentary has brought it all back. 

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And if they both play 90 mins and Boyce scores a couple or more will you give Neilson the credit?  I know the answer so don’t bother replying. 

Of course, I only replied because you said not to. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

:laugh: so true. I still cringe whenever some has a shot against us. Then I remember Gordon is in goals. 

It’s almost a shock when he’s beaten, last season we would’ve been better with an extra player and played without one 😆, 4-7 type of thing 😜

15 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

A MASSIVE improvement, no doubt.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, unfortunately the documentary has brought it all back. 

New regime, new thinking. Let it go. Even if you use the previous as a benchmark, we're ahead on any metric you wish to compare.

I'm not meaning to be or sound blase, but we are in a different place now. The past is the past. Can't be changed. Look forward, not back.

part_time_jambo
On 19/11/2020 at 12:37, Niemi’s gloves said:

On the bright side from last night,  quote from the Sky co-commentator in the highlights “Michael Smith, once again at the heart of everything that’s good about Northern Ireland”

Don't really want to hear that. will have Rangers and Celtic sniffing around offering their usual peanuts to buy him.

MarkDevriesScores4

Doesn’t mean much, if anything, but a work colleague of mine who is a par thinks they’ve got no chance against us tonight, even if Boyce and Smith miss out. I hope he’s right

i’ll go 0-2 hearts 😎

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Boris said:

A MASSIVE improvement, no doubt.

New regime, new thinking. Let it go. Even if you use the previous as a benchmark, we're ahead on any metric you wish to compare.

I'm not meaning to be or sound blase, but we are in a different place now. The past is the past. Can't be changed. Look forward, not back.

You have a future as a mentor or motivational speaker. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Don't really want to hear that. will have Rangers and Celtic sniffing around offering their usual peanuts to buy him.

He is out of contract in the summer. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You can prevent injuries though, playing guys who are not fully fit or struggling with an injury can make it worse. If Smith or Boyce break down tonight that will be Neilsons fault, an hour for both would probably be for the best. 

If Smith or Boyce break down tonight that will be Neilsons fault..... 

Don't talk piss. 

What are you basing that on? 

What a general, sweeping statement that is completely inaccurate. 

Hopefully be a good game tonight, 2nd versus 3rd. 

It is another away game though, so wouldn't be surprised if it's a scrappy borefest with us snatching a late winner in the 89th minute to make it 0-1.

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Absolute Scenes
15 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Hopefully be a good game tonight, 2nd versus 3rd. 

It is another away game though, so wouldn't be surprised if it's a scrappy borefest with us snatching a late winner in the 89th minute to make it 0-1.

Wow that must have been hard to write. Good job hibby 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If Smith or Boyce break down tonight that will be Neilsons fault..... 

Don't talk piss. 

What are you basing that on? 

What a general, sweeping statement that is completely inaccurate. 

Clearly because they’ve both played 3 games in the last 7 days, one is carrying an injury and both have a history of problems. 
Over playing causes injuries, look at the 5 sub debate currently playing out due to higher amount of injuries to players in every league, have you missed that? 
As I’ve said let’s hope it doesn’t happen. 

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Wow that must have been hard to write. Good job hibby 

Sorry bud, i'm really excited for the game tonight and i think it will be 4-0 Hearts. 

That better?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Dunfermline 2 Hearts 1.

Be a bit shit and I think we'll win, but jkb would be a stonking read for a few days should that play out. 

Every cloud n' that. 

4-1 us. 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So if they play for 59 minutes then get injured Robbie is in the clear?? 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

So if they play for 59 minutes then get injured Robbie is in the clear?? 

Yeah definitely. 
Most injuries happen in the latter part of games, you’ve heard of players managing an hour etc haven’t you? 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Clearly because they’ve both played 3 games in the last 7 days, one is carrying an injury and both have a history of problems. 
Over playing causes injuries, look at the 5 sub debate currently playing out due to higher amount of injuries to players in every league, have you missed that? 
As I’ve said let’s hope it doesn’t happen. 

So if the medical team and player declare themselves fit and the manager plays them and they break down it's his fault.... Shite. 

If they get tackled and pick up a knock, it's Robbies fault... Shite. 

If they get tackled at knee height and are out for 6 months, it's Robbies fault.. Shite 

The only way it's directly Robbies fault is  if the medical staff and player advise not to play and he forces them to play, I don't see a world where that scenerio plays out. Both players are senior and Robbie imo wouldn't force anyone to play, it's not his character or style from what I've witnessed. 

If they are carrying a niggle, but can play and then pick up a completely different injury, again is that Robbies fault? 

Over playing causes injuries.... aye does it? Does it 100% cause injuries? Or does it depend on the individuals? 

It's a sweeping inaccurate statement and the need to "blame" someone for a injury that may or not happen to players that may or not play is bizarre in the extreme. 

Also, What does blame mean in this Context and why is it important? 

Should he be sacked if he plays them and they break down? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Neilson talking this one up as he did Dundee.

Smith to play Wighton through middle with Naismith just in behind,  Roberts and Walker the width.

Far too good for this pish and we will be up for it

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So if the medical team and player declare themselves fit and the manager plays them and they break down it's his fault.... Shite. 

If they get tackled at knee height and are out for 6 months, it's Robbies fault.. Shite 

The only way it's directly Robbies fault is  if the medical staff and player advise not to play and he forces them to play, I don't see a world where that scenerio plays out. Both players are senior and Robbie imo wouldn't force anyone to play, it's not his character or style from what I've witnessed. 

If they are carrying a niggle, but can play and then pick up a completely different injury, again is that Robbies fault? 

Over playing causes injuries.... aye does it? Does it 100% cause injuries? Or does it depend on the individuals? 

It's a sweeping inaccurate statement and the need to "blame" someone for a injury that may or not happen to players that may or not play is bizarre in the extreme. 

All that's too sensible

1 minute ago, jambo3tevie said:

Expecting an open game tonight with goals

Kingsley first scorer and 4-2 for us pays 500/1 at bet365

FTH

if we concede 2 to them they need their ass kicked. but gl with your bet

It would be interesting to compare the strength of Robbie's 1st championship squad versus the current squad and compare the results and performances. 

I'll leave that for the stattos though. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Well yes you’re right there, my point was if Boyce reinjures his knee or Smith succumbs to an injury that’s related to fatigue then it’s on Neilson for playing them. I thought that was clear but obviously not. 
Boyce only got back late yesterday as he came back by ferry which wouldn’t have helped his situation. 
Yes if something goes wrong and it’s Neilsons fault he will be blamed for it, that’s what happens I’m afraid. 

1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Bit greedy.

Hah, i don't really, i think it will be "just get the job done" for most of the season. 

The Goalscoring Knee
13 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It would be interesting to compare the strength of Robbie's 1st championship squad versus the current squad and compare the results and performances. 

I'll leave that for the stattos though. 

I'm  not a statto, but London Hearts says that through our first 8 competitive games in the 2014-15 season, we were

P8 W6 D1 L1 F18 A9

This time around we're

P8 W8 F19 A7

Tonight? I'd love a 3-0 but suspect it might be a tight 2-1

Edited by The Goalscoring Knee

2 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

I'm  not a statto, but London Hearts says that through our first 8 competitive games in the 2014-15 season, we were

P8 W6 D1 L1 F18 A9

This time around we're

P8 W8 F19 A7

Tonight? I'd love a 3-0 bit suspect it might be a tight 2-1

I just remember the 2014-15 season being thoroughly entertaining and it being a bit guff so far. 

It's early days mind you, and you could take into account the lack of fans at games. 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I just remember the 2014-15 season being thoroughly entertaining and it being a bit guff so far. 

It's early days mind you, and you could take into account the lack of fans at games. 

Good for you.

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I think Rangers and Hibs being in the league with us made it a bit more exciting that time around. I think this season from a fans perspective we're just sort of waiting to go back up again

Just now, BigAlim said:

I think Rangers and Hibs being in the league with us made it a bit more exciting that time around. I think this season from a fans perspective we're just sort of waiting to go back up again

Beat me to it.