***Official Dunfermline Athletic v Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

BelgeJambo

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Very much doubt Boyce will start regardless of Robbies sound bites.

Hope to be proven wrong.

I'd go with Naismith up top, with walker behind. 

Boyce on bench this time, international, travel etc. Not enough time between games if he's not 100%.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Greedy Jambo

• Thomaso

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'd go with Naismith up top, with walker behind. 

Boyce on bench this time, international, travel etc. Not enough time between games if he's not 100%.

Agreed, think Smith will start, with a view to subbing him around 70minutes if comfortable. With Boyce on the bench unless really needed. A front 3 of Wighton, Naismith and Walker will suffice. 

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf, Team will only likely have 3, maybe 4 players from that starting 11. 

Indeed. It shows however, no matter who plays he expects a certain standard. No excuses for it being a weakened side I like that attitude. 

Boyce will be fine. 

Gordon

Smith

Popescu

Halkett

Kingsley

Haring

Halliday

Roberts/Lee/Walker

Naismith

Wighton

Boyce

Edited by karipidis

Got a sinking feeling that in Ginelly we have a Audi paint job and badge with a Lada chassis and engine. Looks great at first glance but he is gonna spend more time in the garage than out on the road.  Hope I am wrong as he looks the business.  We simply do not have room at the club for more crocks.

Edited by i8hibsh

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Thought I read yesterday in the Evening News that Neilson said Ginelly was back training and would be ok for tomorrow. 🤔

He said today the game was too early for him

19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

19:45 is pretty late as it is. I don't think they could make it much later, to be fair.

33 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

this reminds me of players always just about returning with Levein last season. I thought he was almost making the East Fife game?

20 minutes ago, redjambo said:

19:45 is pretty late as it is. I don't think they could make it much later, to be fair.

dont give up your day job....

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Got a sinking feeling that in Ginelly we have a Audi paint job and badge with a Lada chassis and engine. Looks great at first glance but he is gonna spend more time in the garage than out on the road.  Hope I am wrong as he looks the business.  We simply do not have room at the club for more crocks.

Luckily most Hearts supporters do not think or act like you. Those of us who contribute to the club back our players instead of talking utter pish. Ginelly will be fine. 

Seymour M Hersh
49 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Where has he said that?

Team news: Robbie Neilson is expected to welcome as many as seven players back into the fold. Craig Gordon, Michael Smith and Liam Boyce return from international duty having missed last week’s Betfred Cup clash with East Fife. Though how much the latter two will feature having played for Northern Ireland two days before remains to be seen. Elsewhere, Jamie Walker, Andy Halliday, Josh Ginnelly and Jordan Roberts are all expected to return to contention after injury.

8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Where has he said that?

Team news: Robbie Neilson is expected to welcome as many as seven players back into the fold. Craig Gordon, Michael Smith and Liam Boyce return from international duty having missed last week’s Betfred Cup clash with East Fife. Though how much the latter two will feature having played for Northern Ireland two days before remains to be seen. Elsewhere, Jamie Walker, Andy Halliday, Josh Ginnelly and Jordan Roberts are all expected to return to contention after injury.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/trio-return-fighting-fit

2 hours ago, Whatever said:

Very much doubt Boyce will start regardless of Robbies sound bites.

Hope to be proven wrong.

Boyce and Smith will both start , you can take that to the bank .

2 hours ago, karipidis said:

Boyce will be fine. 

Gordon

Smith

Popescu

Halkett

Kingsley

Haring

Halliday

Roberts/Lee/Walker

Naismith

Wighton

Boyce

Think Lee is a cert and if Walker or Roberts do start it will be instead of Wighton but my money is on Wighton.

Pretty confident the rest of the team will be correct.

3 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Think Lee is a cert and if Walker or Roberts do start it will be instead of Wighton but my money is on Wighton.

Pretty confident the rest of the team will be correct.

I think Gino and Lee will both start. Wighton off the bench for Boyce after 60 mins. If Gino tires Lee will move out wide and Walker will come on.

52 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Luckily most Hearts supporters do not think or act like you. Those of us who contribute to the club back our players instead of talking utter pish. Ginelly will be fine. 

😂😂

54 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

These are the kind of games Henderson should start and hopefully begin to dominate.  I want him pushed as much as possible tbh. 

He's nowhere near good enough unfortunately. 

7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

He's nowhere near good enough unfortunately. 

I disagree and hope he can kick on at this level but needs a consistent chance imo. 

14 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I disagree and hope he can kick on at this level but needs a consistent chance imo. 

I think we'll see more of Irving, McGill and Henderson in the 2nd half of the season, Neilson will want points on the board before he takes chances on the young guns.

11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I think we'll see more of Irving, McGill and Henderson in the 2nd half of the season, Neilson will want points on the board before he takes chances on the young guns.

Fair point but a mixture worked well last time and he got Billy King playing like Raheem Sterling early on. 

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

These are the kind of games Henderson should start and hopefully begin to dominate.  I want him pushed as much as possible tbh. 

What's he done to deserve a start? Hes got a lot to prove tbh I thought mcdonald showed far more promise

20 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

What's he done to deserve a start? Hes got a lot to prove tbh I thought mcdonald showed far more promise

Agree with the sentiment of LL's post, some of the young lads should really be destroying it at this level but agree with you. He has had numerous opportunities and bar a few glimpses of what he could do, he's done nothing to merit a start. 

If he had done the same things Wightons done but with his pace, he'd look a good prospect. 

Mikey Smith had a very good game for NI in centre mid. I watched most of that game because the Scotland game was god awful. 

See if we could manage to get our hands on another even semi-competent right back, we’d have another very very good option in the middle of the park. 

It’s a moot point right now as Brandon is somehow our only other right back and the less time he’s on the pitch the better. 

10 hours ago, Last Laff said:

I don’t think he’s good enough just yet to get in front of others. I mean who would you drop ? Haring ? Halliday ? Lee ?  Players who have all won us every game this season.

A back up player to those mentioned at the moment

We need to play our most experienced team every week so that we are ready for the SC final. Haring, Naismith lee and Halliday should all be starting so they get game time and precious minutes under their belts. I’m sure that’ll be Robbie’s focus just now but he won’t publicly say this.

The young and inexperienced will only be bit part players for the next four weeks imo and will only come on If there is a risk to our strongest 11. 

13 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

This is another shower of shite that need to feel the wrath of the Jambo screaming jake up their farter. 

Cretins. 

🤣😂🤣

Brilliant

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

I don’t think he’s good enough just yet to get in front of others. I mean who would you drop ? Haring ? Halliday ? Lee ?  Players who have all won us every game this season.

I agree. 

None of the young guys have indicated to me they are ready to play more than a bit part and definitely none have indicated they are ready to dictate or dominate games. 

Irving can claim to be a part of the first team squad. 

No one else can. Things can change but no one stands out, Macdonald was the one that I thought was decent and Moore has been effective at times but that's about it. 

We are also getting Halliday , Haring and some others up to speed so that will take priority over game time for what is no more than bit part, back up young players. 

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

A lot of the players have played very little football and it’s a squad game.  We should win this league easy and if the younger players don’t get the chance to mix and match this season I don’t think they ever will. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Last Laff said:

A lot of the players have played very little football and it’s a squad game.  We should win this league easy and if the younger players don’t get the chance to mix and match this season I don’t think they ever will. 

Tbh, I think your last sentence will play out for most of them. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, I think your last sentence will play out for most of them. 

Quite possibly but I see a lot of potential in four of them.  Not every player can be an instant success like Hickey but I get the point of obviously playing our best team too. 

All I’m saying is if they start to play first team games when the league is won there may not be the same intensity in games for them to deal with and more like friendlies and if it’s up in the Prem it may be too high a level up with very little development time on the pitch. 

Edited by Last Laff

The Treasurer
10 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Fair point but a mixture worked well last time and he got Billy King playing like Raheem Sterling early on. 

You mean falling on his arse if someone looked at him ?

14 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

As an aside, where did this 'up top' pish emanate from ? 

'Up front' was always the terminology used. 

On topic, 3-0 to The Hearts. 

This is another shower of shite that need to feel the wrath of the Jambo screaming jake up their farter. 

Cretins. 

Well this Jambo has never screamed jake, and certainly not up there, however I do like the way you express yourself.

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Quite possibly but I see a lot of potential in four of them.  Not every player can be an instant success like Hickey but I get the point of obviously playing our best team too. 

All I’m saying is if they start to play first team games when the league is won there may not be the same intensity in games for them to deal with and more like friendlies and if it’s up in the Prem it may be too high a level up with very little development time on the pitch. 

Yeah, but we can't weaken the side just to give some players a game on the off chance they'll be any good. 

Our coaches will also see them in training and development games, as fans we think first team football is the only chance to prove yourself, it's not. 

Best players on the pitch for me, particularly at this time. 

Our priority is to win football games, or it should be. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

By far our toughest game this season. Will give us a view of where we are as a squad i think.

Tougher than hibs? 

This'll be a tight game,

0-1 Jam Tarts, Wighton to score, don't think Boyce will start.

Another 3points in the bag, then move on to Tuesday's rearranged Alloa match, top of the league beckons👍 til season's end. 

HHGH 

Bazzas right boot

I think we'll stroll this, 4-1.

We've struggled away at the shitty  for various reasons ( squad rotation, plastic pitches etc) but I think more proper football grounds like est end Park will suit us, not to mention Dunfermline will actually try to win the game along with our mentality of our team  knowing not only should we beat them but we need to put a marker down to our "rivals". 

Players got a  roasting last time out as well. 

I think if there were fans in these types of grounds it would suit us even more. 

10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Agree with the sentiment of LL's post, some of the young lads should really be destroying it at this level but agree with you. He has had numerous opportunities and bar a few glimpses of what he could do, he's done nothing to merit a start. 

If he had done the same things Wightons done but with his pace, he'd look a good prospect. 

Part of the problem with Henderson is confidence. He's such a quiet laddie, I reckon this translates onto the park. If he was a bit more forthcoming we'd see more of his talent.

32 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Part of the problem with Henderson is confidence. He's such a quiet laddie, I reckon this translates onto the park. If he was a bit more forthcoming we'd see more of his talent.

Henderson will become a cracking player, he has strength, pace and can see a pass, all that he needs is a couple of goals and his confidence will rise. That is all that is lacking. Also he is only 19.

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Mentality is the biggest difference at this level, he'll need to sort that side out. 

With no fans in stadiums, it's the perfect chance for a player that relies heavy on confidence to kick on. 

In all honesty I see nothing special in most of this age group, I think most will make a living out of football but will be between the championship and maybe bottom 6 spl standard. 

Hope I'm wrong. 

Hickey broke the glass ceiling and Irving has shown signs he could be a good player, at least for us but right now imo most of the young guys aren't playing for us or are out on loan simply because they aren't good enough to be around our 18 man squad. 

The one's that are here will be OK for cover, but won't actually improve our best team and shouldn't be played just because they are young, they need to be playing better and add more to the team than the senior players and I have seen that at all. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Mentality is the biggest difference at this level, he'll need to sort that side out. 

With no fans in stadiums, it's the perfect chance for a player that relies heavy on confidence to kick on. 

In all honesty I see nothing special in most of this age group, I think most will make a living out of football but will be between the championship and maybe bottom 6 spl standard. 

Hope I'm wrong. 

Hickey broke the glass ceiling and Irving has shown signs he could be a good player, at least for us but right now imo most of the young guys aren't playing for us or are out on loan simply because they aren't good enough to be around our 18 man squad. 

The one's that are here will be OK for cover, but won't actually improve our best team and shouldn't be played just because they are young, they need to be playing better and add more to the team than the senior players and I have seen that at all. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Gimme an H... said:

My first shite was tougher than hibs.

I think we'll beat dunfermline in 90. 

Not seeing how dunfermline is tougher than hibs, but time will tell. If they beat us then it will have proven to be tougher!