Good bands (still alive) that have disappeared off the planet.

Greedy Jambo

17 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

If you eat shite food, your children will be next

The Manics have hardly disappeared.  They would have toured this year and headlined festivals.

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

They've not exactly disappeared. With this year being an exception, they tour every December! 😄

Manics and OCS still touring and I think everyone knows what the guys from Oasis are up to. 

12 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

That lot should have disappeared earlier...especially REM!

It's a howler of a thread, to be fair,

It could easily be called shite bands that are still touring. 

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

:lol:

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Guns N Roses. My Mate told me they were a huge letdown when he seen them few years ago.

They just announced a stadium tour of Australia for the end of 2021. I saw them about three years or so ago,  utter pish, sadly.

So, much as I miss gigs the now  I'll not be bothering this time. 

2 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Guns N Roses. My Mate told me they were a huge letdown when he seen them few years ago.

I saw them at one of the two London Stadium gigs and really enjoyed it.  Each to their own, I suppose.

Have a ticket for the Glasgow gig this/next year.

5 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

To be fair, I've seen some of the bands you post on the listening to thread, so watch what you criticise!

2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Lighting Seeds.

Never hear from them.

Some great songs apart from one....

I am sure Ian Broudie was working on new stuff, but not sure if it is under the Lightning Seeds or his own name. Guessing the current situation has delayed plans for releasing it though.

3 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Lighting Seeds.

Never hear from them.

Some great songs apart from one....

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

I am sure Ian Broudie was working on new stuff, but not sure if it is under the Lightning Seeds or his own name. Guessing the current situation has delayed plans for releasing it though.

Well I saw the Lightning Seeds on an episode of Yolanda's Band Jam on CBeebies a few weeks ago (assume it was recorded a few months previous). Ian Broudie's son, Riley, was playing with the band. 

35 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Well I saw the Lightning Seeds on an episode of Yolanda's Band Jam on CBeebies a few weeks ago (assume it was recorded a few months previous). Ian Broudie's son, Riley, was playing with the band. 

He must be about 30 now! Yikes. 😀

I wanna BB GUN. And some glass eyes. I think we can all get on board with that.

Mr Anus and Mr Horribly Charred Infant are still out there somewhere 

Edited by crunchy frog

12 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

That lot should have disappeared earlier...especially REM!

It makes me sad that I'll never see them play again. Amazing band, especially live. 

9 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

I got free tickets to see them in Manchester a few years ago. They didn’t come on stage until 11pm and were pretty crap. I didn’t stay till the end. Think the set ended about 2am.

I was about to say System of a Down but they've released a new album for the first time in about 15 year or something this week.

I've not heard anything from Pearl Jam in a while. 

Alien Ant Farm, What happened to them? They had Smooth Criminal, Movies, These days or something as hits then just fell of the face of the earth. 

18 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I was about to say System of a Down but they've released a new album for the first time in about 15 year or something this week.

Alien Ant Farm, What happened to them? They had Smooth Criminal, Movies, These days or something as hits then just fell of the face of the earth. 

AAF played La Belle a few years ago i think. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Pearl Jam had an album out earlier this year. Playing Hyde Park next year...well, maybe. 

1 hour ago, muldoon74 said:

The jesus and Mary Chain. 

Haven't read whole thread so I'd be surprised if they haven't mentioned yet... 

Brilliant band. 

They had a lot of gigs booked.  I was due to see them in March and August.

On 19/11/2020 at 00:42, frankblack said:

The Manics have hardly disappeared.  They would have toured this year and headlined festivals.

:D

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I haven't heard much from the above lately. They will probably be hot property post pandemic, everyone will. 

Can't stand any of those blands, however all three have had albums out within the last 2 years so pretty much still going.

4 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Can't stand any of those blands, however all three have had albums out within the last 2 years so pretty much still going.

Correct.  This is a thread for people to list bands they hate.  Very few listed are not still actively recording and touring (bar Covid cancellations and postponements).

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Correct.  This is a thread for people to list bands they hate.  Very few listed are not still actively recording and touring (bar Covid cancellations and postponements).

I liked Puressence a lot, do they count? 

1 hour ago, crunchy frog said:

Not a band I know.  Are they releasing records or were touring until Covid?

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

I would argue that quite a few of the bands mentioned have not been in the public eye for quite some time. 

They may very well have been touring but unless you're heavily into your music (buying NME every month or whatever) most folk wouldn't even have known about it. 

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I would argue that quite a few of the bands mentioned have not been in the public eye for quite some time. 

They may very well have been touring but unless you're heavily into your music (buying NME every month or whatever) most folk wouldn't even have known about it. 

Using that criteria eliminates everyone bar Little Mix!

There is plenty of great music, new and old but you need to put some effort in.  If you are listening to mainstream radio you won't find it.

I discover bands supporting artists I like or at festivals (not this year though 😷) plus through various online music article subscriptions and watching a video.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Using that criteria eliminates everyone bar Little Mix!

There is plenty of great music, new and old but you need to put some effort in.  If you are listening to mainstream radio you won't find it.

I discover bands supporting artists I like or at festivals (not this year though 😷) plus through various online music article subscriptions and watching a video.

Yeah, well i've not really changed my habits in 20 years and i don't seem to notice them as much these days. 

I feckin hate mainstream radio. 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, well i've not really changed my habits in 20 years and i don't seem to notice them as much these days. 

I feckin hate mainstream radio. 

Maybe try a streaming service and listen to recommendations based on your liked artists?

I don't do streaming but that is another debate.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Maybe try a streaming service and listen to recommendations based on your liked artists?

I don't do streaming but that is another debate.

There's some decent stations on DAB but not a lot of new music on the go. 

That was one thing John Peel and even Zane Low were good for. Zane Low has got some shit show on Apple Music now. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Not a band I know.  Are they releasing records or were touring until Covid?

Up until 3 or 4 years ago aye. Maybe defunct now right enough

5 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

Only listened to them recently, came up in similar artist to JJ72 on Spotify. Really like Puressence. 

6 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

Utterly fantastic, I thought I was about one of the twenty five people who'd heard of them!!! 

54 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Miss JJ72. Saw them live in Edinburgh once, but can't remember the venue. The bassist... :clumshot:

The first album was spectacular, but coincided with a tough time in my life. A good, but difficult listen these days. 

Have the first two albums but not listened in a number of years.

Kerbdog were a band that released a couple of great albums, the second of which, On The Turn had them up with the likes of Therapy then they disappeared.