Stephane Grappelli

Stephane Grappelli

Flamboyant football agent Eric Hall has died. Known for representing some of the biggest players of his day and catchphrases such as "booblah" and "monster monster", he even had his own spoof on The Fast Show involving a vampire that used to quote betting odds or fruit and veg prices.

Also claimed that Freddy Mercury wanted to get his filthy little end away with him back in the day.

Anyway, RIP Eric.

London Hearts might know him from the Rob Roy and Royal Exchange some years back. He always bought a round and would talk to anyone about anything. Gave me a tip for a dog running at Walthamstow one night and it won at 5-1 (FTH}.

Big Slim Stylee
19 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

According to the BBC, Former Tottenham Hotspur chairman Sir Alan Sugar called him a "real character".

hmmm...

Squeezing my eyes tight trying to work up a tear.....nah.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Hall was meant to have got a goals scored bonus written into Dave Beasant's contract.

He didn't realise that Beasant was a goalie. :lol:

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

5 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Hall was meant to have got a goals scored bonus written into Dave Beasant's contract.

He didn't realise that Beasant was a goalie. :lol:

If it was Pereira he done it for, I’d almost understand. 

13 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Flamboyant football agent Eric Hall has died. Known for representing some of the biggest players of his day and catchphrases such as "booblah" and "monster monster", he even had his own spoof on The Fast Show involving a vampire that used to quote betting odds or fruit and veg prices.

Also claimed that Freddy Mercury wanted to get his filthy little end away with him back in the day.

Anyway, RIP Eric.

Sutcilffe, Connery, Des, Clemence and now Hall.  

What a month.  🤷🏿‍♂️

Stephane Grappelli
8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Sutcilffe, Connery, Des, Clemence and now Hall.  

What a month.  🤷🏿‍♂️

2020 can do one!

Fort Vallance
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What's happened to Baker? 

Nothing I don't think. He seemed on the way out a few years ago but nothing since as far as I know. Including his career.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

Nothing I don't think. He seemed on the way out a few years ago but nothing since as far as I know. Including his career.

I used to really enjoy his Saturday morning show. 

7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

What I imagine of intellectual genius type posters like thist7_ECJTp4RyPY8Sx977TrU-4Z3bXZzcGNIMtZMhg6Ww.thumb.png.4f3569bb6ddf01fa34a33eba7fdc8bf2.png

I'll assume you can't play banjo ? Delighted if I was wrong .

Maybe just me but I find it ironic that you are being sarcastic about someones intellect then stick that gobblededook at the bottom of your post [I assume permanent quotes have a name but no idea what that is]

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I don't think he is tbh. 

Tweeted a pic of Harry & Megan leaving hospital with a monkey after she had their Bairn. Sacked.

FWIW I genuinely don’t think he is a racist but, these days that kinda **** don’t fly.

17 minutes ago, john thomas said:

I'll assume you can't play banjo ? Delighted if I was wrong .

Maybe just me but I find it ironic that you are being sarcastic about someones intellect then stick that gobblededook at the bottom of your post [I assume permanent quotes have a name but no idea what that is]

"gobblededook" is gobbledegook to me.

Did you see the original post?  If so, as you have shown yourself, in your opinion, it is quite in order to mock that which you don't understand, even though over 2 billion people on this planet do understand it.

So, I would be interested if you happen to think that Einstein's Theory of Relativity is gobbledegook?  And don't googledebook.

If you are genuinely interested in what it means I would be delighted to explain it to you - my signature that is, not the Theory of Relativity because, as I am not a physicist, I don't understand that. 

PS Should I be calling Einstein's theory "gobbledegook" because I don't understand it, or is that just reserved for those mocking the faith of these 2 billion plus?

been here before
6 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Did you see the original post?  If so, as you have shown yourself, in your opinion, it is quite in order to mock that which you don't understand, even though over 2 billion people on this planet do understand it.

Theres missing the point.

Theres missing the point a wee bit

Theres missing the point by a lot

Theres missing the point totally

And then theres that post.

Quality rant nonetheless.

Edited by been here before