Takeaways

Greedy Jambo

2 minutes ago, weegranty said:

Sorry no,I use different Chinese takeaways,Golden Swallow Bathgate,Red Cap Pumpherston,Panda,Dedridge,Taste of China,Craigshill. All good but I do rotate them.

You're in a better location than me, usually when i go for something that's rated decent, it's like 4 quid delivery, and i'm no paying that. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• luckyBatistuta

• Heartsmad1874

• Morgan

If Baked Potatoes are an option this is pretty good and they deliver

Tempting Tattie reopened on October 15, with Sam presenting classic toppings of beans and cheese or prawn marie rose alongside new options such as Piri Piri Chicken Mayo, Honey Chilli Chicken and Falafel, Chickpea and Mint for vegetarians.

Sam has sought to pay tribute to his family’s Pakistani heritage by bringing curries and samosas to Tempting Tattie, offering madras, channa masala and bhuna curries as exciting new baked potato toppings. "We’ve tried to make as much homemade food as possible” he added.

Tempting Tattie located at 18 Jeffrey Street, EH1 1DT, Edinburgh, is open everyday from 11.30am to 8pm and currently offers 20% off your first order when placed online via their website at https://www.temptingtattie.co.uk/.

So Good chinese at Dundee Street (not far from the Diggers) is also pretty good for Chinese and Thai

'Slumdog delivered' for an Indian is also pretty good

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Tempting Tattie reopened on October 15, with Sam presenting classic toppings of beans and cheese or prawn marie rose alongside new options such as Piri Piri Chicken Mayo, Honey Chilli Chicken and Falafel, Chickpea and Mint for vegetarians.

Sam has sought to pay tribute to his family’s Pakistani heritage by bringing curries and samosas to Tempting Tattie, offering madras, channa masala and bhuna curries as exciting new baked potato toppings. "We’ve tried to make as much homemade food as possible” he added.

Tempting Tattie located at 18 Jeffrey Street, EH1 1DT, Edinburgh, is open everyday from 11.30am to 8pm and currently offers 20% off your first order when placed online via their website at https://www.temptingtattie.co.uk/.

So Good chinese at Dundee Street (not far from the Diggers) is also pretty good for Chinese and Thai

'Slumdog delivered' for an Indian is also pretty good..let me add Morningside Spice to that as well

Heartsmad1874
16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

'Slumdog delivered' for an Indian is also pretty good

Baked potatoes are always much better from a cafe or takeaway. When you cook the McCains ones at home they are shite :(.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Heartsmad1874
4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Ordering a baked tattie from a takeaway is a step too far for me, sorry Sam. 

Fine from a cafe tbf, one up the road from me is decent. Missus always has me stopping off there on the way hame from work.

Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

Baked potatoes are always much better from a cafe or takeaway. When you cook the McCains at home they are shite :(.

You talking about those microwave jobs? lol

Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

Aye they are rotten :lol:. Can't stand them.

haha. Aye, they're feckin horrendous. Bought them to cook at work once. Nasty. 

6 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Ordering a baked tattie from a takeaway is a step too far for me, sorry Sam. 

Well you are missing out..just opened and excellent on the 2 times I have ordered

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Well you are missing out..just opened and excellent on the 2 times I have ordered

Ken, but it's a baked potato...

What's so good about it? 

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Ken, but it's a baked potato...

What's so good about it? 

That's like saying its Chicken Curry ..what's so good about it ?

Well baked potatoes and great Chilli or Chicken Curry if that's your choice...the taste/strength of the curry for example and the quality of the chicken make a huge difference

Just now, CJGJ said:

That's like saying its Chicken Curry ..what's so good about it ?

Well baked potatoes and great Chilli or Chicken Curry if that's your choice...the taste/strength of the curry for example and the quality of the chicken make a huge difference

Not really, a chicken curry is tasty as ****, a baked potato is just a potato, baked lol

Baked Potato's are a bit like Olly Lee to me, I'll have one if there's bugger all else to choose from, but i'm not going to get excited about it. 

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Not really, a chicken curry is tasty as ****, a baked potato is just a potato, baked lol

Baked Potato's are a bit like Olly Lee to me, I'll have one if there's bugger all else to choose from, but i'm not going to get excited about it. 

So all you are arguing about is a baked potato in comparison to rice and I think a potato with a little touch of butter leaves a plate of boiled rice well in its wake as an option

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

So all you are arguing about is a baked potato in comparison to rice and I think a potato with a little touch of butter leaves a plate of boiled rice well in its wake as an option

No, you do have a point, but the baked potato is being made to be the main part of the dish. 

Rice and chips are basically extras. 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Just cos you totally miss getting a right shitty junky takeaway haha. 

Why would I ‘totally’ miss getting shite food?

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Why would I ‘totally’ miss getting shite food?

You'd need to have been there. 

It's not shite food, well it is, but it's gid. 

If you spent your child hood playing scrabble and then went to private school, you wouldn't know. 

Samuel Camazzola
9 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

If you spent your child hood playing scrabble and then went to private school, you wouldn't know. 

QVBE=

On 20/11/2020 at 18:14, weegranty said:

Sorry no,I use different Chinese takeaways,Golden Swallow Bathgate,Red Cap Pumpherston,Panda,Dedridge,Taste of China,Craigshill. All good but I do rotate them.

The Panda in Dedridge is head and shoulders above all of these. 

20 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

If you spent your child hood playing scrabble and then went to private school, you wouldn't know. 

Do you know someone who did that, Spacey?  🤷🏿‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Do you know someone who did that, Spacey?  🤷🏿‍♂️

You do like to correct everyone's spelling. 

Doctor FinnBarr
On 20/11/2020 at 18:14, weegranty said:

If your after a chippy you could do worse than the West End fryer in Whitburn, just had a fish supper from there tonight. Superb!

Shoot me down folks, but i'm going to order spag bol again tonight from a different place, ha. 

Dunno why i've got a mad craving for it again, must be pregnant. 

3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You do like to correct everyone's spelling. 

Is that a problem?

Are you hurt?

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Shoot me down folks, but i'm going to order spag bol again tonight from a different place, ha. 

Dunno why i've got a mad craving for it again, must be pregnant. 

You need sex to get pregnant.

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Is that a problem?

Are you hurt?

You need sex to get pregnant.

I take it you've not got any kids then. 

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Anyone know a decent Indian takeaway near Fairmilehead, or Comiston?

Ordered from Asha in Corstorphine at the weekend. 

Best Indian i've had in a while. 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

😬 I’m out in the car, a wee bit far. Thanks for replying though pal👍

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

😬 I’m out in the car, a wee bit far. Thanks for replying though pal👍

Nae worries! 

I think it said they would deliver to EH13 for future reference! 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Nae worries! 

I think it said they would deliver to EH13 for future reference! 

Cheers👍 

10 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Baked tatties cooked properly are the absolute bees knees. 

Rubbish. 
How the **** would they take off if their knees were that size? 
Possibly the dogs bollocks. If it was a really big dog. Or a pig. 

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

I got from Slumdog Delivered at the weekend. Had seen mixed reviews of it but decided to finally try it and it was the best I have had for a long time. So very tasty.

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

I got from Slumdog Delivered at the weekend. Had seen mixed reviews of it but decided to finally try it and it was the best I have had for a long time. So very tasty.

Yea I really like slumdog, always been vgood for me.

best Indian I’ve had at home is https://mctsingh.com/collections/singh-4-your-supper

Not a take away as such, but it’s superb..

On 20/11/2020 at 19:18, Greedy Jambo said:

You're in a better location than me, usually when i go for something that's rated decent, it's like 4 quid delivery, and i'm no paying that. 

Four whole pounds?

Four.

Quite right too.  👍

On 20/11/2020 at 19:32, CJGJ said:

18 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Anyone know a decent Indian takeaway near Fairmilehead, or Comiston?

A slight deviation.......

The Radhuni in Loanhead. The food is incredible. 

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Haha just seen this. I second this!! 

We went to the Hill Station (99 Comiston Road) It was alright, decent sized portions, but the naans were the poorest we’ve had.

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

We went to the Hill Station (99 Comiston Road) It was alright, decent sized portions, but the naans were the poorest we’ve had.

Abdul’s further down used to be about the best takeaway in the area. Seriously try the Radhuni. As you can see I couldn’t recommend it more. 

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Abdul’s further down used to be about the best takeaway in the area. Seriously try the Radhuni. As you can see I couldn’t recommend it more. 

Will do, I’m at Fairmilehead now, do not too far.

Byyy The Light
13 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Seconded. Not had one for a while but tried most of them in Comiston/Bruntsfield and Abduls is the one I keep going back to.  I'm in Swanston, my neighbour swears by this one is Loanhead been meaning to try it for ages.

Do they deliver Des?  He always picks it up and I'm usually a couple of beers in early evening which is why I've never tried it yet.

On another note, not that big a fan of chinese but when we do have one the Fortune Palace at Craiglockhart is the place to go.

Chaophraya if you like Thai food and can afford it. Probably cost you the best part of a hundred quid. 

If not, Street Box, Raeburn Place, Stockbridge is a cheaper alternative. 

Governor Tarkin
16 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Agreed. It was top notch for a couple of years.

13 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Will do, I’m at Fairmilehead now, do not too far.

And taxi drivers are always pleading poverty too.