Takeaways

Greedy Jambo

Let's just test the **** out of them and give them dogs abuse if they're shite. 

I've just ordered spaghetti bolognese from an italian, if they can't get that right, hell mend then.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• luckyBatistuta

• Heartsmad1874

• Morgan

Next on my list is somewhere that does seafood. 

Being able to give them dogs abuse while keeping people in jobs... it's a win win.

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Cadiz on George Street.

La Casa (tapas) Leith Walk

And The White Oyster on the Royal Mile Are good for seafood. Wouldn't recommend seafood on takeaway though. 

Hectors in Stockbridge has the best Calamari Fritters known to man though. 

I can't even give this place abuse, it's really good, I ordered a large chicken kebab as well, 

bit salty, but very good. Minerva Food Bar, Howden. 

Edit: the more i eat, the more it's too salty to be honest, but good apart from that. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Cadiz on George Street.

La Casa (tapas) Leith Walk

And The White Oyster on the Royal Mile Are good for seafood. Wouldn't recommend seafood on takeaway though. 

Hectors in Stockbridge has the best Calamari Fritters known to man though. 

Hectors!

Stop it!

One of my favourite Edinburgh pubs, ever!

A wee bit Bailie, a touch of Stockbridge Tap and a few in Hectors?  Magic.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Hectors!

Stop it!

One of my favourite Edinburgh pubs, ever!

A wee bit Bailie, a touch of Stockbridge Tap and a few in Hectors?  Magic.

I'm always in the Bailie and Hectors. Hector's is pretty much a restaurant now. 

I was in Hectors once a week before lockdown. :embarassed:

Usually after or, prior to a few in the Bailie. 

The Bailies food is ok now as well. Definitely one of the last great Edinburgh pubs.

The tap is all craft nonsense and massively overpriced these days.

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I've just ordered spaghetti bolognese from an italian, if they can't get that right, hell mend then.

Well? How was the Spag Bol?

33 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Well? How was the Spag Bol?

I'd never order something I could make myself. 

Greedy, why the feck are you ordering spag bol? 

2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I can't even give this place abuse, it's really good, I ordered a large chicken kebab as well, 

Edit: the more i eat, the more it's too salty to be honest, but good apart from that. 

Try a King Doner Kebab from House of Spice in Broxburn,served in a naan bread,it's huge but most importantly very tasty.

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Greedy, why the feck are you ordering spag bol? 

I had a mad craving for it and it was a bit too late to buy the ingredients and start cooking. 

I was also curious about what it would be like from a takeaway that claims to do Italian food. 

On 16/11/2020 at 22:15, Greedy Jambo said:

Spag Bol on a Monday night at 1015pm 😱

highlandjambo3
13 hours ago, Herbert said:

Someone needs to order a omelette and chicken Maryland from the Chinese. I want to know what they are like.

NO that sounds rank.

13 hours ago, Herbert said:

Someone needs to order a omelette and chicken Maryland from the Chinese. I want to know what they are like.

:notsure:

If they produce crap Chinese food, why would you think it worth  trying  omelette or chicken Maryland from them  ?

If they produce lovely Chinese food, why would you even  want to order an omelette or chicken Maryland  ?

13 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

:notsure:

If they produce crap Chinese food, why would you think it worth  trying  omelette or chicken Maryland from them  ?

If they produce lovely Chinese food, why would you even  want to order an omelette or chicken Maryland  ?

An Omlette from the Chinese is ace. The gravy they have with it is Braw. 

Obviously a side dish along with a proper main 

16 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

What Chinese gives you gravy with an omelette?  A mushroom omelette was until recently on the short list of things my wife would eat from a Chinese, and she's never been given gravy with any of the omelettes she's ever had, from christ knows how many places. 

highlandjambo3
4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I’ll say no to that one....🤮

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Who the **** orders like an omelette or a burger from a Chinese?

That's just weird as f... :rofl:

It’s a Chinese omelette. Completely different from a regular omelette. 

Egg Fu Young is similar. 

As for getting a burger...ordering for a family and someone doesn’t like Chinese food getting a burger from the same place is hardly weird. We will often get my 8 year old Chicken nuggets or a burger because he hates Chinese. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

When i was a lad and the family were getting a Chinese,  it was chicken chow mein or beef and black bean sauce they would get me, and i grew to like it. 

Chicken Nuggets 😂  Just be careful or he'll still be ordering them from the Chinese when he's 40. 

12 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

:rofl: That's psychopath shit eh? 

Sorry for not planning my whole weeks meals and being in bed by 9 mate. 

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Sorry for not planning my whole weeks meals and being in bed by 9 mate. 

That's alright, you don't have to say sorry.

I quite like it actually. Shows character.

11 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

McDonalds have launched a double Big Mac and a very lovely looking Jamaican Jerk Chicken burger. 

I'm not sure the word lovely belongs in the same sentence as Mcdonalds, launched on the other hand 👍

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Heartsmad1874
21 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Pizzahut's new Christmas pizza, or Domino's new doner pizza anyone?

:getout:

The doner meat on the dominos pizza is pretty nice. I adjusted the pizza and took onions, tomatoes and the sauce off and added a few like pork meatballs and sausage was pretty good.

20 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

The doner meat on the dominos pizza is pretty nice. I adjusted the pizza and took onions, tomatoes and the sauce off and added a few like pork meatballs and sausage was pretty good.

Aye, but you can get a doner pizza from the chippy for half the price if you're really wanting one. 

Not a fan of greasy meat on a pizza to be honest, it soaks it in and ends up a soggy greasy mess. 

Chippies that actually do a nice fresh tortilla style bread and then decide to put it at the bottom of a tray and pile a greasy mixed kebab on top, do my nut in. 

Love a mixed kebab, but don't make the bread ready for the bin. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

20 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Aye, but you can get a doner pizza from the chippy for half the price if you're really wanting one. 

Not a fan of greasy meat on a pizza to be honest, it soaks it in and ends up a soggy greasy mess. 

Chippies that actually do a nice fresh tortilla style bread and then decide to put it at the bottom of a tray and pile a greasy mixed kebab on top, do my nut in. 

Love a mixed kebab, but don't make the bread ready for the bin. 

Got a kebab delivered the other night from the chippy, bloody thing was 'build your own' kebab which didn't even resolve the issue above as it'd steamed itself inside the plastic bag, only got one from there as the mrs wanted an actual chippy. Separate orders from now on

On 16/11/2020 at 23:54, Cruyff said:

That’s my rule on takeaway food. Like I know I could make a curry at home but it’s never the same as you get from an Indian. 

Tenaciousdandy
On 16/11/2020 at 22:32, Greedy Jambo said:

I ordered a chicken kebab from one of my local chippys in Haddington, came with dry precooked chicken you get in packs at aldi, not tje marinaded fresh chicken it says on tje menu and barely any salad or sauce, phoned them up and got offered a 10% discount on my next order, haven't used them again 

Edited by Dandyman79

1 hour ago, Dandyman79 said:

I ordered a chicken kebab from one of my local chippys in Haddington, came with dry precooked chicken you get in packs at aldi, not tje marinaded fresh chicken it says on tje menu and barely any salad or sauce, phoned them up and got offered a 10% discount on my next order, haven't used them again 

That's shocking. 

FFS, Doner meat.  :facepalm: 

FFS, Doner meat on a pizza!  Jesus Christ, what’s wrong with folk?  :vrface:

Aye, it’s real meat too.

On 19/11/2020 at 00:05, Greedy Jambo said:

12:04 and marmaris is till open, oh ya beauty.

The pizza's are not too bad from here,the chips can be a hit or miss though,handy chippy,2 minutes walk from my house.

The amount of take aways I’ve ordered from Rendezvous since lockdown started is ridiculous. But probably the best Chinese take away going that I’ve tried. 

Other favourites over the same period of time have been Paolozzi, Shapla, Kebabish and Barburrito. 

21 hours ago, Tazio said:

That’s my rule on takeaway food. Like I know I could make a curry at home but it’s never the same as you get from an Indian. 

Woman I work with has just said on a call that her husband built a tandoor oven in their garden, and they had 48-hour marinated Tandoori chicken and naan breads from it last night. I'm working on getting an invite...

16 hours ago, weegranty said:

The pizza's are not too bad from here,the chips can be a hit or miss though,handy chippy,2 minutes walk from my house.

There's a few Marmaris's on the go to be honest, but yeah, they're not the best. 

Good if you're desperate on a scran at silly oclock though. 

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

There's a few Marmaris's on the go to be honest, but yeah, they're not the best. 

Good if you're desperate on a scran at silly oclock though. 

I use the one in Livingston.

Riddley Walker
16 hours ago, Jambo Ell said:

The amount of take aways I’ve ordered from Rendezvous since lockdown started is ridiculous. But probably the best Chinese take away going that I’ve tried. 

Other favourites over the same period of time have been Paolozzi, Shapla, Kebabish and Barburrito. 

Yep, Rendezvous is the best Chinese going. I'm not generally a fan of Chinese takeaway but that one is outstanding. Seems to be made differently from any others. Moved to East Lothian and still pick one up from there :lol:

13 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The 2 on my just-eat are craigs hill and kirknewton. 

Crazyhill for me.

Edited by weegranty

Heartsmad1874
19 hours ago, Morgan said:

FFS, Doner meat.  :facepalm: 

FFS, Doner meat on a pizza!  Jesus Christ, what’s wrong with folk?  :vrface:

Aye, it’s real meat too.

Doner meat on a pizza is smashing imo. You're missing out :thumbsup: 

Heartsmad1874

Ordered a Chinese on Just Eat last night and wanted to pay with cash but the boy never had any change. I told him to keep it but he said he wasn't allowed to keep tips?? (£5.70). Don't know if thats a new thing or him personally but delivery drivers in the past would bite your hand off for any tip.

Boy went to the shop along the road and 5 mins later came back with the change.

19 minutes ago, weegranty said:

Crazyhill for me.

You got any other recommendations for Crazyhill?

Probably gonna get something tonight cos i couldn't be arsed doing the shopping. 

7 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Ordered a Chinese on Just Eat last night and wanted to pay with cash but the boy never had any change. I told him to keep it but he said he wasn't allowed to keep tips?? (£5.70). Don't know if thats a new thing or him personally but delivery drivers in the past would bite your hand off for any tip.

Boy went to the shop along the road and 5 mins later came back with the change.

Haa, that's mental. 

You giving him over a fiver tip as well!

Heartsmad1874
5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Haa, that's mental. 

You giving him over a fiver tip as well!

Was only because he had no change. Can't believe he went to so much fuss instead of keeping it :lol:. Mental.

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You got any other recommendations for Crazyhill?

Probably gonna get something tonight cos i couldn't be arsed doing the shopping. 

Sorry no,I use different Chinese takeaways,Golden Swallow Bathgate,Red Cap Pumpherston,Panda,Dedridge,Taste of China,Craigshill. All good but I do rotate them.