Compliance Officer quits!

Footballfirst

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

No doubt they'll go for another ****ing lawyer with zero football knowledge or understanding. 

They’ll go for one who leans heavily towards the West Coast. Preferably “Celtic Minded”. They won’t even be embarrassed about doing that. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

They’ll go for one who leans heavily towards the West Coast. Preferably “Celtic Minded”. They won’t even be embarrassed about doing that. 

That's a given Deevers. 

8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Lawer, west coast minded🤔🤔🤔🤔

Is there not a certain Mr Findlay available? 

Legally qualified 

Bigotted

A victorian relic

Sexist

Hates oor Ann. 

A certainty for it. 

I'm sure I heard one of the previous incumbents tell the BBC Sportsound podcast that he'd quit because there wasn't sufficient workload to merit it being a full time position?

From the outside looking in, the attrition rate for the role seems very high.

On 16/11/2020 at 18:19, part_time_jambo said:

Still waiting on her to cite the Hibs diver that conned the referee and 5 assistants into awarding a penalty in the semi-final.

sweep sweep, never happen

I work in Compliance - I might apply. I mean I don't know a thing about the inner workings of the SFA and wouldn't know where to start trying to arrange a league competition and so on, but neither does anyone else who works there... 

21 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

If it even goes to a legal firm who aren’t in Celtic’s back pocket, the question is, still, what are the qualifications required for anyone to judge, by their own thoughts and understanding, what constitutes an offence on the field of play that warrants retrospective punishment? Who decides who gets punished? 
A legal firm can certainly cover all the legal standards required for working conditions in an office, but who can say that a lawyer is qualified to hand out a suspension or fine to a player? There will be lawyers, who are football fans, who shout the same stuff at games that the rest of us do. Just being a lawyer doesn’t make them impartial.

A legal firm should be engaged for part of the role, i.e off-field compliance regarding clubs adhering to the articles of association. There should be a separate 3 person panel for in-game disciplinary matters, each of them independently watch the 6 games per week with 48 hours to submit any citations, any incident that is cited by 2 or more then gets put forward.

Just now, Ribble said:

A legal firm should be engaged for part of the role, i.e off-field compliance regarding clubs adhering to the articles of association. There should be a separate 3 person panel for in-game disciplinary matters, each of them independently watch the 6 games per week with 48 hours to submit any citations, any incident that is cited by 2 or more then gets put forward.

Or as with Rugby, there should be a Citing Officer that covers each game.

Just now, DETTY29 said:

Or as with Rugby, there should be a Citing Officer that covers each game.

So should it just be the 4th official that we already have at the game? So 4th official updates his match report after watching the game back to include anything missed in real time?

4 minutes ago, Ribble said:

So should it just be the 4th official that we already have at the game? So 4th official updates his match report after watching the game back to include anything missed in real time?

No.  Citing Officer is post event and independent of match day team.

Also if 4th offucial sees some things in play, he us allowed to intervene anyway.  If I recall it's typically red card offences.

Edited by DETTY29

Just now, DETTY29 said:

No.  Citing Officer is post event and independent of match day team.

Also if 4th offucial sees some things in play, he us allowed to intervene anyway.  If I recall it's typically red card offences.

Meant more from a practical standpoint in that an expansion of the 4th official role could make it easier than needing 5 officials (4 game officials and 1 post event) which would mean 30 officials just for the top flight with a further 25* for each of the 3 lower divisions.

*not sure if 4th official happens further down the leagues

26 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Meant more from a practical standpoint in that an expansion of the 4th official role could make it easier than needing 5 officials (4 game officials and 1 post event) which would mean 30 officials just for the top flight with a further 25* for each of the 3 lower divisions.

*not sure if 4th official happens further down the leagues

I think the Citing Commissioner is independent of current refereeing panel, and may not even be an ex referee.

Generally he, she intervenes post event if a player hasn't been red carded when should have been, even if match officials see and decide not to.

Not sure how this would work in football and it's 'no grass approach' but teams has a period to cite opposition players, especially if someone has been seriously injured with an out of order tackle.

Edited by DETTY29

23 hours ago, Deevers said:

Well. so far there have been a total of 3 Compliance Officers appointed by the SFA :

Vincent Lunny

Tony McGlennan

Claire Whyte

Whatever gives you the idea that the 4th - if indeed they can afford a 4th - will be "celtc-minded"?  😏