Compliance Officer quits!

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

https://news.stv.tv/sport/football/sfa-compliance-officer-clare-whyte-quits-role-after-two-years?top

The Scottish FA compliance officer has announced she will leave the role in the new year.

Clare Whyte is leaving to take a new opportunity elsewhere but will remain in the post until early next year to ensure a smooth handover period with her successor.

The football association confirmed the news on Monday as it begins looking for a replacement.

Chief executive Ian Maxwell said: “I would like to thank Clare for her commitment to the role over the past two years with the Scottish FA.

“In what is a high-pressure position in a relentless environment, she has shown professionalism and resilience.

“We will begin the process of recruiting a replacement in early course.”

I don't think she will be missed.

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

https://news.stv.tv/sport/football/sfa-compliance-officer-clare-whyte-quits-role-after-two-years?top

The Scottish FA compliance officer has announced she will leave the role in the new year.

Clare Whyte is leaving to take a new opportunity elsewhere but will remain in the post until early next year to ensure a smooth handover period with her successor.

The football association confirmed the news on Monday as it begins looking for a replacement.

Chief executive Ian Maxwell said: “I would like to thank Clare for her commitment to the role over the past two years with the Scottish FA.

“In what is a high-pressure position in a relentless environment, she has shown professionalism and resilience.

Has Lawwell decided who the successor will be yet?

52 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I forgot that we even had a compliance officer.

14 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Marie Siobhan McCafferty already adjusting the office chair as we speak...

:vrface:

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

FFS. What is that all about.

What is so high pressure and relentless about deciding whether to offer a Hamilton player a two week suspension after fouling a St Mirren player. Perhaps whoever wrote that needs to have a word with some of our NHS staff who would describe to them what high pressure and relentless really is when peoples lives are at stake.

The only pressure she would feel was if either side of the ugly sisters were involved.

Perth to Paisley

In my mind there is a difference between 'quits' and 'leaves'

Quits suggests I've had enough i'm gone now, cheerio.

Leaves suggests I've done it long enough i'm not renewing.

One is more sensational for a journalist.

It should be a position 'refreshed' regularly.

42 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

In my mind there is a difference between 'quits' and 'leaves'

Quits suggests I've had enough i'm gone now, cheerio.

Leaves suggests I've done it long enough i'm not renewing.

One is more sensational for a journalist.

It should be a position 'refreshed' regularly.

Reads to me she found a better job and took it.

Found another position, so must have been looking to leave.  1 or 3 months notice period?

I'd imagine working the checkouts at Aldi would be higher pressure than the compliance officer. Scott Brown to announce his retirement soon then?

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Heads Celtic choose, tails Sevco choose her successor.

I have to lol that you still think sevco would have any say in the matter.

They are very much a toothless tiger.

Did you sleep walk through the summer when their plans for an inquiry and for reconstruction were virtually laughed out of court before even starting. Meanwhile the green tramps quietly sat back and did nothing (apart from one rousing  Lawwell speech  😉 ) while their accomplices were bending over backwards and going through all kinds of contortions to hand them 8.76 in a row.

My money is on the hoops making it four out of four in the CP stakes.

14 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Did you sleep walk through the summer when their plans for an inquiry and for reconstruction were virtually laughed out of court before even starting. Meanwhile the green tramps quietly sat back and did nothing (apart from one rousing  Lawwell speech  😉 ) while their accomplices were bending over backwards and going through all kinds of contortions to hand them 8.76 in a row.

You have eyes but do not see. 

High pressure 😂 **** off!

Joe Newell never got a suspension for that absolute cringe worthy dive in a national semi final. So she clearly couldn’t be arsed about anything that didn’t involve the uglies. 

20 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Hugh Dallas in line for the job  according  to reports

Might as well just pack it the **** in if that's what we're ending up with.

The Compliance Officer should not be a single position.  It should be a panel of 3 impartial people who have knowledge of football but have no prior engagement or relationship with Scottish Football.  In theory, this would lead to unbiased decisions on a majority vote.  Whatever decision, it has to pass 3-0 or 2-1, and there cannot be any abstaining.

Things should go two ways.  1) A team should be able to raise an issue to the Compliance Officer within 24 hours of the end of a match it was involved in, and they should have to make a decision within 48 hours, or 2) The Compliance Officer should make a statement of intent to deal with a missed incident within 48 hours of the end of a match, and a decision should be made within 24 hours after that. 

A strict 3 day window for both types of issue will prevent any of the nonsense such as "appeal late enough so that the player can play in a big game before the suspension kicks in" which happens regularly.  We also need to do away with the rule that if the referee takes action then the decision can't be reviewed later, such as yellow carding a horrific tackle that should have been a red.  VAR will draw attention to those incidents, something that we do not have the luxury of having.  The Compliance Officer should be able to review all potential red card incidents if the call is made to report a case.

The Compliance Officer should also be able to review and fine/suspend referees if they are found to constantly be the ones requiring things to fall at their door if they are clearly not doing their jobs properly or taking the correct course of action.

I do believe that it is an important thing to have.  If you read the updates: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/ you'll see that they deal with things at all levels, with the most recent being the East of Scotland League Conference B League, Oakley United FC v Burntisland Shipyard FC.  They are there to make sure that people are behaving and acting as they should be, to enforce those behaviours and attitudes, and to take action against unacceptable conduct.  But Jesus, we do it in such a tinpot way that you wonder why they don't just get a junior developer to make a mobile app that can make random decisions and outcomes and use that instead.

None of this will happen, and we'll end up with an OF sook who will make sure that they get what they want/need at every opportunity.

High pressure because she knows how incompetent/corrupt the SFA are and she has to go along with it?

I don't think it'd matter who did that job. The big decisions have to go with a certain narrative.

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Joe Newell never got a suspension for that absolute cringe worthy dive in a national semi final. So she clearly couldn’t be arsed about anything that didn’t involve the uglies. 

Agree on Joe Newell. Absolutely ignored by the media and thus ignored by the compliance officer. Get rid of this ridiculous role

1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

Sevco crapped it!  All smoke and mirrors.

Fact is, it came down to the possibility of shaking up football, not what they want, and their only interest was a halfhearted attempt to screw up the other lots 9.75 in a row.

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

They were quick enough with Jamie Walker!

part_time_jambo
5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Still waiting on her to cite the Hibs diver that conned the referee and 5 assistants into awarding a penalty in the semi-final.

51 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Just get Dick Gordon and Chico to do it. Its always the media "elite" who start any action anyway.

I'd have Doncaster's mum do it and be done with it.

1 hour ago, Walter Burns said:

Give the gig to Craig Levein.....he has no time for either o the uglies...that would be fun....🤣🤣

Don’t worry the job will no doubt go to some Glasgow centric walloper with a hatred of Hearts on his/her CV.

5 hours ago, tian447 said:

Might as well just pack it the **** in if that's what we're ending up with.

The Compliance Officer should not be a single position.  It should be a panel of 3 impartial people who have knowledge of football but have no prior engagement or relationship with Scottish Football.  In theory, this would lead to unbiased decisions on a majority vote.  Whatever decision, it has to pass 3-0 or 2-1, and there cannot be any abstaining.

Things should go two ways.  1) A team should be able to raise an issue to the Compliance Officer within 24 hours of the end of a match it was involved in, and they should have to make a decision within 48 hours, or 2) The Compliance Officer should make a statement of intent to deal with a missed incident within 48 hours of the end of a match, and a decision should be made within 24 hours after that. 

A strict 3 day window for both types of issue will prevent any of the nonsense such as "appeal late enough so that the player can play in a big game before the suspension kicks in" which happens regularly.  We also need to do away with the rule that if the referee takes action then the decision can't be reviewed later, such as yellow carding a horrific tackle that should have been a red.  VAR will draw attention to those incidents, something that we do not have the luxury of having.  The Compliance Officer should be able to review all potential red card incidents if the call is made to report a case.

The Compliance Officer should also be able to review and fine/suspend referees if they are found to constantly be the ones requiring things to fall at their door if they are clearly not doing their jobs properly or taking the correct course of action.

I do believe that it is an important thing to have.  If you read the updates: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/ you'll see that they deal with things at all levels, with the most recent being the East of Scotland League Conference B League, Oakley United FC v Burntisland Shipyard FC.  They are there to make sure that people are behaving and acting as they should be, to enforce those behaviours and attitudes, and to take action against unacceptable conduct.  But Jesus, we do it in such a tinpot way that you wonder why they don't just get a junior developer to make a mobile app that can make random decisions and outcomes and use that instead.

None of this will happen, and we'll end up with an OF sook who will make sure that they get what they want/need at every opportunity.

Brilliant!

Was it an actual FT position? As in watching Sportscene highlights then offering someone a ban ever 3 weeks then rescinding it if it is OF player can be strung out to look like 40-odd hrs per week? She's probably quit to become a YouTube influencer...

manaliveits105
16 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

Hugh Dallas in line for the job  according  to reports

Who will base his judgements on whether he needs new windows or not 

8 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

Conflict of interest when his son is a ref, surely.

And do we really want someone in that position who was involved in trying to cover up a shit show by Dougie MacDonald and the infamous was it a penalty or not at Tannadice. 

SectionDJambo
36 minutes ago, Deevers said:

And do we really want someone in that position who was involved in trying to cover up a shit show by Dougie MacDonald and the infamous was it a penalty or not at Tannadice. 

MacDonald got back in, though.

The SFA have no worries about their old pals act overcoming what is right and proper.The biggest impediments to Dallas getting the job would be his son being a referee, and Celtic.

It would be interesting to see what qualifications are required for the SFA compliance officer. Presumably, he or she, will have the same responsibilities as any other business compliance officer, regarding Health & Safety in the workplace etc., but what qualifications have any of them had to rule on an incident on a football pitch, other than watching Sportscene? Have they just been handing out punishments, on the say so of a group within the SFA,  who would rather not be known to be the ones doing it?

19 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The SFA have no worries about their old pals act overcoming what is right and proper.The biggest impediments to Dallas getting the job would be his son being a referee, and Celtic.

It would be interesting to see what qualifications are required for the SFA compliance officer. Presumably, he or she, will have the same responsibilities as any other business compliance officer, regarding Health & Safety in the workplace etc., but what qualifications have any of them had to rule on an incident on a football pitch, other than watching Sportscene? Have they just been handing out punishments, on the say so of a group within the SFA,  who would rather not be known to be the ones doing it?

This is the problem with both the SFA and the SPFL - both organisations totally at the beck and call of Celtic. It will undoubtedly be someone who Celtic want that will be put into place. Absolutely no doubt about that. The game here is rotten to the core. An Atlantic League looks more and more attractive leaving the corrupt and the inept pygmies behind to fester in the shit show that they themselves have created.

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Was it an actual FT position? As in watching Sportscene highlights then offering someone a ban ever 3 weeks then rescinding it if it is OF player can be strung out to look like 40-odd hrs per week? She's probably quit to become a YouTube influencer...

Good point.  Ridiculous if the SFA were paying her a full-time senior sports administrator salary.

13 hours ago, Deevers said:

Don’t worry the job will no doubt go to some Glasgow centric walloper with a hatred of Hearts on his/her CV.

🙄 ....... and right on cue it's being reported today that the SFA won't replace her directly but are looking to outsource the job to a.... ahem....   "legal firm".   Sounds like another Lawwell ruse to get Harper MacLeod involved in  the support of ra Sellick. 

Aren't they  already Celtic's lawyers ?  In which case, it would surely be a glaring conflict of interest ...... ?

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Indeed, you would think ample reason for it not to be him.

However, we are talking about the SFA here...

SectionDJambo
4 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Good point.  Ridiculous if the SFA were paying her a full-time senior sports administrator salary.

🙄 ....... and right on cue it's being reported today that the SFA won't replace her directly but are looking to outsource the job to a.... ahem....   "legal firm".   Sounds like another Lawwell ruse to get Harper MacLeod involved in  the support of ra Sellick. 

Aren't they  already Celtic's lawyers ?  In which case, it would surely be a glaring conflict of interest ...... ?

If it even goes to a legal firm who aren’t in Celtic’s back pocket, the question is, still, what are the qualifications required for anyone to judge, by their own thoughts and understanding, what constitutes an offence on the field of play that warrants retrospective punishment? Who decides who gets punished? 
A legal firm can certainly cover all the legal standards required for working conditions in an office, but who can say that a lawyer is qualified to hand out a suspension or fine to a player? There will be lawyers, who are football fans, who shout the same stuff at games that the rest of us do. Just being a lawyer doesn’t make them impartial.

7 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

If it even goes to a legal firm who aren’t in Celtic’s back pocket, the question is, still, what are the qualifications required for anyone to judge, by their own thoughts and understanding, what constitutes an offence on the field of play that warrants retrospective punishment? Who decides who gets punished? 
A legal firm can certainly cover all the legal standards required for working conditions in an office, but who can say that a lawyer is qualified to hand out a suspension or fine to a player? There will be lawyers, who are football fans, who shout the same stuff at games that the rest of us do. Just being a lawyer doesn’t make them impartial.

It also flies in the face of the SFA's wish to keep football related matters in-house. I seem to remember them being wholly unimpressed with our wish to be judged in the Company Law courts when we go evicted from the SPL...

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It also flies in the face of the SFA's wish to keep football related matters in-house. I seem to remember them being wholly unimpressed with our wish to be judged in the Company Law courts when we go evicted from the SPL...

With Harper Macleod appearing all over the Celtic "web" of influence, they could be considered "in-house" already.

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

A septic season ticket seems to be the accepted norm so far...