Pledging away ticket money to FOH

1971fozzy

Was just wondering in this pandemic it’s obviously hard for a lot of households but for those fortunate enough to of not had income affected, are people who would go away putting in their away ticket money into FOH ? 
the away games seem to be on BBC which is great as it means the rat clubs won’t get streaming money from those who may decide to pay.  
But personally speaking I maybe go to 50% away games so am putting the ticket money into the foundation. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong but just wondering . With the cup final coming up wouldn’t it be fantastic if we all chucked in something ? Even a fiver. As I say it’s hard times and there’s many more important things for folk to spend there money on if affected so this isn’t a thread about that. 

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Was just wondering in this pandemic it’s obviously hard for a lot of households but for those fortunate enough to of not had income affected, are people who would go away putting in their away ticket money into FOH ? 
the away games seem to be on BBC which is great as it means the rat clubs won’t get streaming money from those who may decide to pay.  
But personally speaking I maybe go to 50% away games so am putting the ticket money into the foundation. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong but just wondering . With the cup final coming up wouldn’t it be fantastic if we all chucked in something ? Even a fiver. As I say it’s hard times and there’s many more important things for folk to spend there money on if affected so this isn’t a thread about that. 

I don't usually go to many away games, maybe 2 or 3 a season at most.  Given they way we were treated when the leagues were called, I'm committed to making one-off donations of £50 to FOH for every away game this season, even if I wouldn't have gone to the game anyway.  The only away league game I would be interested in attending is Inverness.

I recognise that there are a lot of fans who regularly attend away games and will decide to continue to do so to lend their support to the team, but also quite a lot who feel like me and don't want to put money into the coffers of clubs who shafted us.

Each to their own and all that, and as you say, there are some people with more to worry about than footballing politics in these difficult times.  I'll get a bit frustrated at times because of the inconvenience the covid situation causes me, but I like to remind myself that some people are suffering way more than a little inconvenience, their livelihoods are being devastated.  Me having to cancel a couple of holidays is a bit of a pisser, but in the greater scheme of things, it's nowhere near being a big deal.

Neil Dongcaster

FOH are missing so many tricks. Find an infrastructure project that needs completed around the stadium - perhaps screens? Then setup a blue Peter style counter and sit back and watch the fans smash it out of the park.

I agree the FOH could do more to get cash in, however they may feel like they don't want to be seen as begging the fans at the minute in the middle of a pandemic. Personally I have upped my subs a tenner a month to £20 and that will probably be me until after Xmas. Can't really justify anymore money when I have a baby due this year as well. 

3 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

FOH are missing so many tricks. Find an infrastructure project that needs completed around the stadium - perhaps screens? Then setup a blue Peter style counter and sit back and watch the fans smash it out of the park.

Agree with this, when fans see there is a tangible benefit and a target then generosity is increased even more. Perhaps a list of potential enhancements could be drawn up and voted on to be prioritised, especially around improving Tynecastle - new seats in the Roseburn for example.

15 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Agree with this, when fans see there is a tangible benefit and a target then generosity is increased even more. Perhaps a list of potential enhancements could be drawn up and voted on to be prioritised, especially around improving Tynecastle - new seats in the Roseburn for example.

I would normally agree with this but given the current situation I can’t see us looking at any further infrastructure projects for a few years. 

16 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

The whole  idea is to make a point to the clubs who did the dirty on us, while sticking with the clubs who didn't. That won't be possible until the fans are back, hopefully next season. That's when my boycott will start, because that's when it will hurt them.

Big Slim Stylee
4 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Still pissed I never got a gold badge, tbh. 

17 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

The whole  idea is to make a point to the clubs who did the dirty on us, while sticking with the clubs who didn't. That won't be possible until the fans are back, hopefully next season. That's when my boycott will start, because that's when it will hurt them.

The whole point for me is to help Hearts through this crisis. Other clubs can look out for themselves, again. 

18 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I would normally agree with this but given the current situation I can’t see us looking at any further infrastructure projects for a few years. 

Sorry to put you on the spot Dave, but you were going to speak to Stuart about some fundraising initiatives around the Cup Final and raising funds for FOH as a specific project.

Any progress?

I'll take 'discussions ongoing' as not possible without having serious tax implications and

'Hoping to relay some news soon' as serious challenges still to overcome.

;)

12 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Sorry to put you on the spot Dave, but you were going to speak to Stuart about some fundraising initiatives around the Cup Final and raising funds for FOH as a specific project.

Any progress?

I'll take 'discussions ongoing' as not possible without having serious tax implications and

'Hoping to relay some news soon' as serious challenges still to overcome.

;)

Still under discussion. We’ll likely do something on here either way. 

tartofmidlothian
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The whole point for me is to help Hearts through this crisis. Other clubs can look out for themselves, again. 

This is it, for me. My dislike for certain other clubs since the summer hasn't spilled over into hatred, but I want every pound I spend on football this season to benefit Hearts.

There's a real trick being missed in, for example, not setting up a separate FOH 'away game' donation page for every match we play, so we can totalise one-off donations paid in lieu of ticket fees. It would be a fun and encouraging thing to keep an eye on, a bit like the dot counts from the days when we had to sell out matches or go bust.

24 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

This is it, for me. My dislike for certain other clubs since the summer hasn't spilled over into hatred, but I want every pound I spend on football this season to benefit Hearts.

There's a real trick being missed in, for example, not setting up a separate FOH 'away game' donation page for every match we play, so we can totalise one-off donations paid in lieu of ticket fees. It would be a fun and encouraging thing to keep an eye on, a bit like the dot counts from the days when we had to sell out matches or go bust.

this is how I feel. I’ve maybe chucked in £100 or so on what I’d spend on away trips so would be nice if it was shown in a way , if nothing else but to stick the finger up to these clubs.

I do have a hatred though 

On 16/11/2020 at 04:56, RobNox said:

I don't usually go to many away games, maybe 2 or 3 a season at most.  Given they way we were treated when the leagues were called, I'm committed to making one-off donations of £50 to FOH for every away game this season, even if I wouldn't have gone to the game anyway.  The only away league game I would be interested in attending is Inverness.

I recognise that there are a lot of fans who regularly attend away games and will decide to continue to do so to lend their support to the team, but also quite a lot who feel like me and don't want to put money into the coffers of clubs who shafted us.

Each to their own and all that, and as you say, there are some people with more to worry about than footballing politics in these difficult times.  I'll get a bit frustrated at times because of the inconvenience the covid situation causes me, but I like to remind myself that some people are suffering way more than a little inconvenience, their livelihoods are being devastated.  Me having to cancel a couple of holidays is a bit of a pisser, but in the greater scheme of things, it's nowhere near being a big deal.

Well said sir.

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Just to remind anyone who is considering pledging their away ticket money for the Dunfermline match. 

https://rewards.foundationofhearts.org/own-the-history-shape-the-future/

If you do decide to donate an additional amount then don’t pledge £2000 instead of £20 as I did. 🥴

Lucky a quick FoH response to my email managed to save the day. 😎

21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If you do decide to donate an additional amount then don’t pledge £2000 instead of £20 as I did. 🥴

Lucky a quick FoH response to my email managed to save the day. 😎

Absolutely.

I did 25.00 once and £2500 come  off.  Again, Garry came back very quickly.

So no 'dot'

Also there is no 'are you sure, confirmation' option.  Once you hit the amount and enter, that's it.  Money out.

9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Absolutely.

I did 25.00 once and £2500 come  off.  Again, Garry came back very quickly.

So no 'dot'

Also there is no 'are you sure, confirmation' option.  Once you hit the amount and enter, that's it.  Money out.

I know. It’s not got that ‘are you sure’ button.  After a few wines or beers it’s unforgiving 🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I know. It’s not got that ‘are you sure’ button.  After a few wines or beers it’s unforgiving 🤣🤣

And if you go back to check, or update, same amount taken off again.....immediately.

8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

And if you go back to check, or update, same amount taken off again.....immediately.

but what a cause 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

40 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I just got an email stating that I had to approve the payment to GoCardless...

Did make the double payment cockup for some previous game but just let it go through and will try to remember not to fork out for a game later on this season.

Doctor FinnBarr
36 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

They'll never get 2.5k out my bank once never mind twice.

:vrface:

8 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

They'll never get 2.5k out my bank once never mind twice.

:vrface:

The 2.5k wasn't twice.....

Couple of 30s I think.