Most embarrassing Albums/Singles you have bought.

Greedy Jambo

10 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I was lucky enough to see them on one of thier first tours in the UK, small venues like Glasgow Cathouse and similar sized places, me and a few mates were really there to see The Claytown Troupe who supported them. I've  never been to see them since and don't like arena gigs so will probably vever see them again, but they're a fantastic band.

I had a ticket to see them at Hyde Park this year but didn't buy one for next year's after they cancelled then added new dates.  I just can't see a Hyde Park gig going ahead in July.

Saw them in 2010 but I arrived in London for the O2 gig a few years ago to find that postponed as Eddie Vedder had laryngitis.

Edited by frankblack

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Morgan

• frankblack

• superjack

Just now, frankblack said:

I had a ticket to see them at Hyde Park this year but didn't buy one for next year's after they cancelled then added new dates.

Saw them in 2010 but I arrived in London for the O2 gig a few years ago to find that postponed as Eddie Vedder had laryngitis.

I'd love to take my son to see them, he's nearly 14 and has really found music this last 18 month, he's been to see Biffy Clyro, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and Goodbye Mr McKenzie, he loves Pearl Jam but it's the the big places that put me off, he'd enjoy it but I want to take him to a few small venues to see a couple of bands foe that experience. The Brewery in Kendal and The Trades in Hebden Bridge are sort of "The Venue" size, I've The Chameleons Jah Wobble in each place and really enjoyed them, hopefully once this Covid shit is under control in a bit we'll get to see a few bands again.

I P Knightley
On 21/11/2020 at 08:54, Craig_ said:

Had a brief grunge phase circa 1991 and made the fatal error of buying a Pearl Jam record. Still cringe about it to this day! 

I used to read Q magazine and they went massive on PJ in the early '90s so I did the dutiful and bought Vs, which had probably had a five star review. Despite liking my rock music, I just couldn't get into it and it remains the only PJ album I ever bought.

A mate of mine is good pals with EdVed and on that back of that friendship, I thought I would give them another go and downloaded some stuff to listen to. There's a handful of good songs in there but it's still a struggle I can't be bothered to make. I like EdVed's voice and he's done some really good covers and collaborations that I can listen to but I think Pearl Jam will remain beyond me.

I wouldn't call it embarrassing, though.