Most embarrassing Albums/Singles you have bought.

Greedy Jambo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Morgan

• frankblack

• superjack

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

None, I have impeccable taste in music.

My childhood was grim, wait for this next yin

Edited by Greedy Jambo

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Before the vermin claimed it. 

E897D7FC-C0F8-4840-BBC3-5A246365E1BE.jpeg

Tbf, it’s actually quite a good ballad./chanson.

Just a pity that these shitebags ‘adopted’ it. 

23 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Not even remotely embarrassing. The spoken intro isn’t needed but the actual song itself is a fantastic pop song and really interestingly written melody. 

This thread is, of course, purely opinion based and thus, no opinion given can be taken as correct/incorrect.

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I don't own this, but i'm just going to fling it in, cos, feck it. 

Now you’re rocking.

In my humble opinion, of course.

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

IT’S A BRAW, BRICHT, MOONLICHT NICHT

Are you drunk (or something) again?  🤷🏿‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I don't own this, but i'm just going to fling it in, cos, feck it. 

Quality. 

Brilliant version recorded on Shel Silverstein's (barefoot bloke playing the harmonica) houseboat. He wrote most of Hook's songs. Very under rated band, imo. 

28 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

This was the other cassette i bought at the airport that day. 

Brilliant song.

Mine was shina Twain 😂

Most embarrassing single I bought was a record by a Dutch girl band, The Dolly Dots, in 1984. Girlfriend at the time loved it and wanted it for her birthday. The bloke in Ards laughed when I asked for it. 

7 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Still got this single in the loft I think

Came with a poster as well !!

I thought the poster came with a single? 😎

8 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Outside there's a box car waiting!

Can't beat a bit of Pixies.  One of the best live bands to see (I was due to see them twice this year).

Not sure why you put that song on this thread - it is a classic.

As a family we couldn't afford to go on holiday together so just one of us was sent each year to family in Northern Ireland as a kind of delegate So as a wee laddie I was shipped over to Northern Ireland one summer at the start of the Troubles for a holiday with my Granny, Grandad and various uncles, aunties and cousins. This record got played constantly and I came home with the single.

I was a football daft 7/8 year old. I thought it was about football. I was so wrong. Tracked this down in Youtube and it has only had 56 views so I can guarantee it won't be a song you knew

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Can't beat a bit of Pixies.  One of the best live bands to see (I was due to see them twice this year).

Not sure why you put that song on this thread - it is a classic.

Yeah, I kinda lost the whole point of the thread pretty early on 🤷‍♂️

I seem to remember the first couple of singles I bought were Kool in the Kaftan and Knocked it off by B.A.Robertson.  

:vrface:

B.A.Robertson is one of three Brian Robertson's in the music industry of virtually the same age,  born 1955 or 1956.  Brian Robertson of Thin Lizzy and Motorhead,  Brian James (born Robertson) of The Damned and Lords of the New Church.  

Edited by Victorian

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

I seem to remember the first couple of singles I bought were Kool in the Kaftan and Knocked it off by B.A.Robertson.  

:vrface:

B.A.Robertson is one of three Brian Robertson's in the music industry of virtually the same age,  born 1955 or 1956.  Brian Robertson of Thin Lizzy and Motorhead,  Brian James (born Robertson) of The Damned and Lords of the New Church.  

Had the misfortune to be on the same bill as B. A. Robertson, a complete tit of a guy, so much up his own arse, kept on bragging that he only writes hits or as he said H.I.T.S......*****.

As a bairn I was given a 7" of The Birdie Dance, but I'd rather forget about that one.

:facepalm:

I think my first single that I bought was Deutscher Girls by Adam and the Ants.

24 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Won hee haw...get yer lugs round this belter!!!

The panel are now having a re-think!

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, micole said:

Had the misfortune to be on the same bill as B. A. Robertson, a complete tit of a guy, so much up his own arse, kept on bragging that he only writes hits or as he said H.I.T.S......*****.

Was he into anagrams?

Disappointed to hear that he's that big an arsehole. I liked "Bang, Bang" and think that "It's a penalty!" is one of the finest spoken word lyrics in music.

4 hours ago, superjack said:

My first single was this ole house by shakin stevens. 

32 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Won hee haw...get yer lugs round this belter!!!

There's some statistic about Shaky that he was the biggest selling artist of the '80s in the UK or something like that. Not surprising that the youngsters on this thread are landing on him as their first single. Even though he's in his mid-70s, folk still call him "Shaky" rather than Michael (heard that from a pal who was in his fourball on a charity golf day.)

My own embarrassment came about 10 years prior to Shaky. My brain is doing all it can to protect me from the shame but I'm fairly certain an Osmond was involved. Probably Donny.

9 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Was he into anagrams?

Disappointed to hear that he's that big an arsehole. I liked "Bang, Bang" and think that "It's a penalty!" is one of the finest spoken word lyrics in music.

There's some statistic about Shaky that he was the biggest selling artist of the '80s in the UK or something like that. Not surprising that the youngsters on this thread are landing on him as their first single. Even though he's in his mid-70s, folk still call him "Shaky" rather than Michael (heard that from a pal who was in his fourball on a charity golf day.)

My own embarrassment came about 10 years prior to Shaky. My brain is doing all it can to protect me from the shame but I'm fairly certain an Osmond was involved. Probably Donny.

Donny. Lol.

I seem to remember "Shaky" being almost continually in the charts for about 8 years in the 80's and very often number 1 too so you may be onto something about him being the UK's biggest selling artist at the time.

I think I was about 11 when I bought that single in "woolies" in Musselburgh high St.

EDIT: You were right @I P Knightley https://rateyourmusic.com/list/abyss89/the_100_biggest_acts_of_the_80s_in_the_u_k_/

Edited by Pans Jambo