Jump to content

Apple Watch


jonesy

Recommended Posts

As a confirmed and proud luddite, I have no interest or understanding of these things. However, the wife mentioned one of these recently, and given my usual Christmas presents for her are pretty crap, I thought I'd splash out a bit this year (it's also our ten-year anniversary).

 

There seem to be a few different models of Apple Watch, and I really don't understand the difference between them. Currently the Apple shop is selling SE and 6 versions, and John Lewis has series 3 and 5. Is there a real difference in functionality between them all, or is it much of a muchness?

 

Any advice, especially if you have one, would be appreciated. Happy to spend the cash, but don't want to get the most expensive version just for the sake of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lot of different options/features etc. but the first thing to consider is

 

GPS only model - needs to be within bluetooth of your iPhone to connect

 

GPS + Cellular - you can make calls, text, applepay, stream music  etc without the need to take your iPhone but needs a dual sim plan which will cost yo an extra fiver a month or something

 

After that is just how new the model is and what it is made out of.

 

N.B seems all the latest series 6 one are GPS + Cellular

 

 

Edited by Biko
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Biko said:

Lot of different options/features etc. but the first thing to consider is

 

GPS only model - needs to be within bluetooth of your iPhone to connect

 

GPS + Cellular - you can make calls, text, applepay, stream music  etc without the need to take your iPhone but needs a dual sim plan which will cost yo an extra fiver a month or something

 

After that is just how new the model is and what it is made out of.

Cheers. As she uses giffgaff I don't think they support the Apple Watch

Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently upgraded from series 3 to the 6 and it’s a fairly big change in things like battery life, fast charging and the additional fitness tracking features, so long as you can afford it then go with the 6, not sure how much longer the earlier models will continue to work with the latest apps etc

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some boy sold one of his kidneys for a new iphone, he's now bed ridden. 

That pretty much sums up the apple hype. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Recently upgraded from series 3 to the 6 and it’s a fairly big change in things like battery life, fast charging and the additional fitness tracking features, so long as you can afford it then go with the 6, not sure how much longer the earlier models will continue to work with the latest apps etc

Cheers. I read that the battery only lasts a day. Is that still the case?

Link to post
Share on other sites
A Boy Named Crow

I switched phone from Apple to Samsung because I fancy getting a smart watch one day...but those Apple watches are absolutely boggin to look at!

 

The functionality looks good, but I just don't want that on my wrist. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Cheers. I read that the battery only lasts a day. Is that still the case?


I get closer to 2 days out of the series 6, as with anything it’ll depend on usage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Cheers. I read that the battery only lasts a day. Is that still the case?

 

Battery life depends on how you use it - what i would say is it charges quickly so put it on whilst getting ready in the morning or for an hour in the evening. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Cheers. As she uses giffgaff I don't think they support the Apple Watch

There is defo a wifi/bluetooth one which will work fine. 

 

GPS ones only work on EE and maybe one other network. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke

They’re all right actually. A big gimmicky and stupidly expensive (that’s just Apple though) but if she runs or likes walking and stuff they’re alright. Just make sure you get the bigger of the two models. It’s hard enough to see the screen. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...