League Cup

upgotheheads

Top Stories

Around Scottish sport

Edited by upgotheheads

2 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

It'll be interesting to see what kind of team Robbie sends through.

Might depend on how the league campaign is going.

Only a couple of weeks away.

I expect us to be able to put out a stronger squad than if it was a midweek game as will have a full week to recover after it. I'm sure we'll rotate a bit though.

Pretty much the best draw we could have got in terms of progressing.   Doubly sweet to win at Alloa just to get it right up that twat Mulraney........ :greggy:

1 hour ago, R1874 said:

Quarter days before cup final - bit annoying

Get through this then play Arbroath or Dunfermline at Tynie in quarters please 

bound to be Celtic🙄

Psychedelicropcircle
33 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Pretty much the best draw we could have got in terms of progressing.   Doubly sweet to win at Alloa just to get it right up that twat Mulraney........ :greggy:

the prick will be rubbing his hands for PPV, won’t be happening in this hoose!

1 hour ago, R1874 said:

Good opportunity for the second string to play for a place on the bench at Hampden 👍

1 hour ago, R1874 said:

Surely that would need to get rearranged as Hearts and Celtic would both need to play complete second teams and devalue the competition.

1 hour ago, R1874 said:

Think I’d prefer Falkirk or Dundee ...

Win this and look forward to a quarter final vs hibs on the wed 16th December then celtic in the big cup final on the 20th. 

December could be a magical month for us.

8 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Win this and look forward to a quarter final vs hibs on the wed 16th December then celtic in the big cup final on the 20th. 

December could be a magical month for us.

Two wins there would be so much better than Christmas!

12 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Might be fairly obvious but I might have missed it. Why has only St Johnstone went through from their group?

8 winners + 4 best second places + 4 teams in Europe make up the 16,

4 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

the prick will be rubbing his hands for PPV, won’t be happening in this hoose!

Or this house. That dick can swivel. Never forget

on the plus side another £20 into FOH

Edited by 1971fozzy

Guest ToqueJambo

Dunfermline in the QFs then St Mirren in the SF then Hibs in the final please. It would be the most vengeful cup run in history, considering we'd also have beaten Raith, Alloa and Cowdenbeath on the way. Karma - do your stuff.

13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Dunfermline in the QFs then St Mirren in the SF then Hibs in the final please. It would be the most vengeful cup run in history, considering we'd also have beaten Raith, Alloa and Cowdenbeath on the way. Karma - do your stuff.

... If Carlsberg did Cup Draws ... 🏆

part_time_jambo
On 15/11/2020 at 19:33, R1874 said:

3 weeks by my count.

edit - sorry, that's the last 16 that is 3 weeks.

Edited by part_time_jambo

Celtic v Ross County on tv 🙄

Falkirk v Rangers on tv (fair enough since it is at Falkirk)

St Mirren v Aberdeen on tv

Our game confirmed for the Saturday 3pm

59 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Not sure I understand your logic. Why does the Rangers game being away and the Celtic one at home make a difference? Both will be played behind closed doors. Those two were always going to be selected. Given Hearts and Hibs have both been on TV already in the competition and the St Mirren v Aberdeen game is all Premier, it is hardly a surprise choice either.

32 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Not sure I understand your logic. Why does the Rangers game being away and the Celtic one at home make a difference? Both will be played behind closed doors. Those two were always going to be selected. Given Hearts and Hibs have both been on TV already in the competition and the St Mirren v Aberdeen game is all Premier, it is hardly a surprise choice either.

Och, just cos it's shite when they show the OF at home. Even allowing for the absence of fans it's still a huge ask for Ross County to win at CP. 

Knew our game wouldn't be shown - no issues with that.

16 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Och, just cos it's shite when they show the OF at home. Even allowing for the absence of fans it's still a huge ask for Ross County to win at CP. 

Knew our game wouldn't be shown - no issues with that.

Ah, I get you now. Dull game for the neutral. On the plus side, as someone mentioned, no pay per view revenue for that game. Not only Celtic, but Ross County also missing out on a nice earner. Can't say I'm sorry about that.

20 hours ago, neilnunb said:

In fairness, the arse cheeks are in Europa action on the Thursday before so they need to be on the Sunday. Makes sense to televise them I guess. Good to see them throw in another game on top of they 2.

Glamorgan Jambo

I do realise that we'll get a cut of the PPV revenues from this match but I'll be giving this one a miss as Alloa will get their costs and their cut.

On 16/11/2020 at 19:01, ToqueJambo said:

Was with you up till the final, don’t want they ****ers anywhere near hampden, I’ll take dundee or st johnstone though 

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Was with you up till the final, don’t want they ****ers anywhere near hampden, I’ll take dundee or st johnstone though 

I’m with you mate

I want hivs out of everything as soon as .

Edited by One five

As with the first round, the SPFL say any team "unable or unwilling" to field a team will forfeit the match on the basis of a 3-0 defeat and if both teams in a tie do not fulfil the fixture, lots will be drawn to decide who progresses to the quarter-finals.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster commented: "Given the fact that the fixture calendar this season is the tightest in living memory, we have had to take unprecedented steps to ensure that the Betfred Cup matches have definitive results based on the original fixture dates."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54988377

Does this mean that if a fixture is postponed due to the weather it will be decided on lots? That would be a hilarious way for Celtic to go out. Get drawn away in the quarters to a team who then has a waterlogged pitch.

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

As with the first round, the SPFL say any team "unable or unwilling" to field a team will forfeit the match on the basis of a 3-0 defeat and if both teams in a tie do not fulfil the fixture, lots will be drawn to decide who progresses to the quarter-finals.

Does this mean that if a fixture is postponed due to the weather it will be decided on lots? That would be a hilarious way for Celtic to go out. Get drawn away in the quarters to a team who then has a waterlogged pitch.

Oh aye thats going to happen right enough:vrface:

Edited by Italian Lambretta

Bazzas right boot
On 15/11/2020 at 22:26, Morgan said:

Two wins there would be so much better than Christmas!

Two wins and I'm going awol for a week. 

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster commented: "Given the fact that the fixture calendar this season is the tightest in living memory, we have had to take unprecedented steps to ensure that the Betfred Cup matches have definitive results based on the original fixture dates."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54988377

No, unable or unwilling to field a team is completely different. 

A water logged pitch will be called by the ref as normal. 

King Of The Cat Cafe

As with the first round, the SPFL say any team "unable or unwilling" to field a team will forfeit the match on the basis of a 3-0 defeat* and if both teams in a tie do not fulfil the fixture, lots will be drawn to decide who progresses to the quarter-finals.

"* Celtic and Rangers excepted."

FTFY.  :)

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

Hackney Hearts
29 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

"* Celtic and Rangers excepted."

Rather than drawing lots, I'm actually surprised Doncaster didn't decree that ties should be decided by league position.

Pasquale for King
On 15/11/2020 at 21:22, Hungry hippo said:

Surely that would need to get rearranged as Hearts and Celtic would both need to play complete second teams and devalue the competition.

It’s the Wednesday before the final on the Sunday, can’t see them changing it as there’s not many free dates to do so. Although Celtic won’t have European games to squeeze in 😆