Craig Gordon

Thomaso

Just now, indianajones said:

How many Hibs players in the squad?

All waiting for the Brazilian call

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Starts for Scotland 😊

Fine , As long as doesn’t get injured tho.

Edited by One five

Perth to Paisley
20 minutes ago, One five said:

Fine , As long as doesn’t get injured tho.

After years of being scunnerred I am a long way from being really interested in this hoopla about qualification for Euro 2020 .

Happy for the players and anybody who cares but this is exactly my thought.

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

I only caught the last half hour and he didn't have much to do but did everything right, how did he look for the first hour?

Great to see him back playing for the national team.

Had no chance with their goal as it took a deflection but other than that he didn't really have much to do. 

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

I only caught the last half hour and he didn't have much to do but did everything right, how did he look for the first hour?

Great to see him back playing for the national team.

Beaten by a big deflection. 

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Had no chance with their goal as it took a deflection but other than that he didn't really have much to do. 

One very good save early on.

37 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Thanks gents. Hopefully the carrot of next summer will keep him and Naismith on top form.

Think Craig will easily outlast Marshall and be the keeper in form and the number 1 next summer.

Naismith, just can't see it afraid to say, only downhill, injuries and a bit part player for Hearts from now on in, happy to be proven wrong ....

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

One very good save early on.

I missed that. Actually thought the game was tonight until I turned the radio on coming home from Tesco. 

Naismith must fancy his chances of taking McBurnies place in the squad.  I have yet to see that guy have a decent game.

Edited by frankblack

Niemi’s gloves

It’s remarkable that both Craig and David Marshall made their Scotland debuts away back in 2004. So two current Scotland keepers with 16 year international careers. Apologies if already mentioned in any other thread.

1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

It’s remarkable that both Craig and David Marshall made their Scotland debuts away back in 2004. So two current Scotland keepers with 16 year international careers. Apologies if already mentioned in any other thread.

Also playing in three different decades 

1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

Ah well, come January ..... (runs for cover) 

I have made a mistake if they play in 2021 then that will

be the case

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Naismith must fancy his chances of taking McBurnies place in the squad.  I have yet to see that guy have a decent game.

I think Clarke wants a couple of big target men in the squad - Naisy doesn’t fit that bill unfortunately.

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I think Clarke wants a couple of big target men in the squad - Naisy doesn’t fit that bill unfortunately.

Remember when he called our front 2 a couple of big lumps?

50 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

He was fine today. Shite goal to concede but not entirely his fault. He was decent throughout the match.

Didn’t have anything to do other than that save first half.  

10 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Remember when he called our front 2 a couple of big lumps?

Yes ironic isn’t it.

alwaysthereinspirit
32 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Mcburnie is slower than a month of Sundays.

One to many touches every time he gets a chance.

Maybe there’s another big target man who’s stoatin’ aboot somewhere.

4 hours ago, Marriott said:

Think Craig will easily outlast Marshall and be the keeper in form and the number 1 next summer.

Naismith, just can't see it afraid to say, only downhill, injuries and a bit part player for Hearts from now on in, happy to be proven wrong ....

No games scheduled between Wednesday and the first Euro group game at this stage, although I expect we’ll take at least 2 friendlies between now and then. Dunno when the World Cup starts. Keeper is a long term job for the man in possession IMO. I expect Marshall to start against Czech Republic unless injured or a serious and sustained loss of form at club level. McGregor still hanging about like a sewer rat also

Edited by JimmyCant

5 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Not exactly a big target man but Che Adams is eligible to play for Scotland through a Scottish grandparent. He turned down the chance to play for us when McLeish was the manager but might feel different now we've qualified for Euro 2021 finals. Just need to get Stuart Armstrong to work on him

9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

McGregor retired from international duty last year. 

Thought he had just fell out with McLeish ? Wouldn’t imagine he’s great to have around the dressing room anyway.

14 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Not exactly a big target man but Che Adams is eligible to play for Scotland through a Scottish grandparent. He turned down the chance to play for us when McLeish was the manager but might feel different now we've qualified for Euro 2021 finals. Just need to get Stuart Armstrong to work on him

The boy Dembele at Peterborough is a big strong front player who is eligible for Scotland and having a decent season so far.

alwaysthereinspirit
24 minutes ago, Musemic said:

If he dresses better than McBurnie then it’s a start.

10 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

I have made a mistake if they play in 2021 then that will

be the case

New decade surely starts at 2020. 

10 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Gordons absolute class ! Today's Scotland team was most left footed players I've ever seen starting a game 

Yes it’s strange how many left players we currently have. I remember the 2-2 game at Hampden against England our back 5 and goalie were all left footed.

11 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

What about Fraser Hornby? Played for Everton, now playing in France, pretty sure he's about 6'5" and he's been banging them in for the U21's.

11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

What about Fraser Hornby? Played for Everton, now playing in France, pretty sure he's about 6'5" and he's been banging them in for the U21's.

I don't think he is getting much game time in France just now

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Don't know about you but I start counting with "1"

Edited by I P Knightley

44 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I don't think he is getting much game time in France just now

Aye he's still young though and there are a couple of good strikers ahead of him at Reims. The lad Dia is the top scorer in the league at the moment despite them sitting near the bottom of the table, and they've just signed an ex-Ajax kid Seirhaus or Sijerhaus or something like that, who looks decent too. He might be worth a punt for our next round of friendlies or something, to see how he gets on. I'm sure he'll be in Clarke's thoughts. 

15 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I see the BBC managed to squeeze the completely unnecessary statistic the Craig has never had a shutout for Scotland.

eh? He’s had 22

3 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

This.  We are currently in the 20's and the last decade was the 10's and Gordon made his Scotland debut in the 00's.  So the stat is correct. 

15 minutes ago, DS98 said:

eh? He’s had 22

Apologies, it just managed to add to the match statistics that Craig has gone 5 games without a clean sheet.

What had that to do with a deflected goal yesterday?   Maybe they should have added that 4 of these 5 he was a Celtic player!

My main point stands.  What does that pointless bit of information tell you.?  

Edited by colinmaroon

54 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Don't know about you but I start counting with "1"

Have a look at your clock. Today started as the wee second hand went past 24:00 Sun and it became 00:00:01 Mon. Mon did not start at 01:00. Likewise, the new decade started as the wee second hand went past 24:00 on 31st Dec 2019 and it became 00:00:01 on 1st Jan 2020. The '20s are already in progress.

13 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Have a look at your clock. Today started as the wee second hand went past 24:00 Sun and it became 00:00:01 Mon. Mon did not start at 01:00. Likewise, the new decade started as the wee second hand went past 24:00 on 31st Dec 2019 and it became 00:00:01 on 1st Jan 2020. The '20s are already in progress.

All true but the 202nd decade hasn't started yet.

I P Knightley
13 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

So if you're counting weeks, you wait until the end of Sunday before starting a new one? Same principle as counting to ten years before starting a new decade.

I understand why people group together bunches of 10 years based on the second last digit ('80s, '90s etc.)

I just prefer to get my groups of ten by counting from the first to the tenth. It's the same issue as being 40 years old but being in your 41st year. I accept it's pedantic but that doesn't mean it's wrong ;).

6 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

So if you're counting weeks, you wait until the end of Sunday before starting a new one? Same principle as counting to ten years before starting a new decade.

I understand why people group together bunches of 10 years based on the second last digit ('80s, '90s etc.)

I just prefer to get my groups of ten by counting from the first to the tenth. It's the same issue as being 40 years old but being in your 41st year. I accept it's pedantic but that doesn't mean it's wrong ;).

You've just negated your own argument by acknowledging that your 5th decade started on your 40th birthday.

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

You've just negated your own argument by acknowledging that your 5th decade started on your 40th birthday.

Yes, in my 41st year. The one which, if my birth had kicked off the calendar, would have been 0041. There wouldn't have been a 0000, the first year would have been 0001. I'd get to the end of 0050 before saying that my 5th decade was all wrapped up. I'd probably have a big party to celebrate it; a bigger party than my 49th for sure.

So when you all celebrated the millenium, you were celebrating the end of the 1999th year.

4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Yes, in my 41st year. The one which, if my birth had kicked off the calendar, would have been 0041. There wouldn't have been a 0000, the first year would have been 0001. I'd get to the end of 0050 before saying that my 5th decade was all wrapped up. I'd probably have a big party to celebrate it; a bigger party than my 49th for sure.

So when you all celebrated the millenium, you were celebrating the end of the 1999th year.

Not so. Year 1 ran from 0000 to 0001. Hence year 2000 ran from 1999 to 2000. Hence the new millenium began as the wee second hand on the clock went past 24:00 on 31st December 1999. Unless, of course, you're arguing that that you did not exist during the 12 months between your birth and your 1st birthday and that your 1st decade began when you turned 1 year old.

Hearts Heritage

Craig now has the longest Scotland Career of all time.

https://londonhearts.com/scotland/players/aaplayersbyspan.html

And

Longest gap between appearances at a club

4911 days: Craig Gordon (@JamTarts)
6 Jun 2007 Faroe Islands 0 SCO 2 to
15 Nov 2020 Slovakia 1 SCO 0

4547 days: Denis Law (Man City)
15 Apr 1961 England 9 SCO 3 to
26 Sep 1973 SCO 2 Czechoslovakia 1

Clip0007.jpg

I P Knightley
5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Not so. Year 1 ran from 0000 to 0001. Hence year 2000 ran from 1999 to 2000. Hence the new millenium began as the wee second hand on the clock went past 24:00 on 31st December 1999. Unless, of course, you're arguing that that you did not exist during the 12 months between your birth and your 1st birthday and that your 1st decade began when you turned 1 year old.

:turmoil:

Stop trying to mess with my belief system. I have it all worked out perfectly and have work to conentrate on.

My first decade began at the "end" of 0000 so throughout my first decade, the year would have been numbered 0001 and the final year of my decade would have been 0010. Therefore, the new decade begins when 0011 kicks off.

If a goal is scored after, say, 25 seconds, the scoresheet would say "Scorer (1)". It's all the same.

Hearts Heritage
2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I see the BBC managed to squeeze the completely unnecessary statistic the Craig has never had a shutout for Scotland.

Correct

Apart from these 22 games.

Wed 08 Sep 2004  Scotland 0 Slovenia 0
Sat 04 Jun 2005  Scotland 2 Moldova 0
Wed 08 Jun 2005  Belarus 0 Scotland 0
Wed 12 Oct 2005  Slovenia 0 Scotland 3
Sat 02 Sep 2006  Scotland 6 Faroe Islands 0
Sat 07 Oct 2006  Scotland 1 France 0
Wed 30 May 2007  Austria 0 Scotland 1
Wed 06 Jun 2007  Faroe Islands 0 Scotland 2
Wed 22 Aug 2007  Scotland 1 South Africa 0
Wed 12 Sep 2007  France 0 Scotland 1