Jack Charlton documentary

LeftBack

Looks incredible. I met him twice during the miners strike when we were collecting outside St James's and he came to lend his support. He even gave his car for the pickets to use. What an incredible life he lived. Looking forward to this.

A big shooting and fishing man, Jacks Game was my favourite programme when I was young, I met him a couple of times and was always a blunt, straight to the point man, not in a bad way. 

Салатные палочки

Pre-ordered it for my dads Christmas present. Will probably give it a watch before I wrap it. He's so easy to buy for as he loves these football documentaries. Dalglish, Clough, Robson, Ferguson. Every year they seem to bring a new one out and it makes buying a gift so much easier. 

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the dvd tonight. It's fantastic. Maybe you need to be of a certain age to fully enjoy it but well worth a watch when it appears on BBC or a streaming channel. It was more than just about Jack and really beautifully captured.

Obviously there is a lot of sadness involved too so if you are someone or know someone with memory loss/dementia then it'll resonate.

On 15/11/2020 at 11:05, Salad Fingers said:

Pre-ordered it for my dads Christmas present. Will probably give it a watch before I wrap it. He's so easy to buy for as he loves these football documentaries. Dalglish, Clough, Robson, Ferguson. Every year they seem to bring a new one out and it makes buying a gift so much easier. 

You'll gie yer Da a used DVD for a Christmas present. :wtf:

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

You'll gie yer Da a used DVD for a Christmas present. :wtf:

Amongst other used things yes. Half eaten Bournville, worn polo shirt etc. 

23 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Amongst other used things yes. Half eaten Bournville, worn polo shirt etc. 

:rofl:I actually believe you. 

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl:I actually believe you. 

Well you shouldn't. He's not getting a polo shirt. 

Want to hear the worst one. I got a mega drive when I was younger and my mum allowed my sister to take it to her mates house a week before Christmas where they got drunk and stoned and played Sonic and Golden Axe. She then lost Sonic and had to use her meagre wages from Imries fruit and veg shop to buy me a new Sonic before my mum wrapped it. 

56 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Well you shouldn't. He's not getting a polo shirt. 

Want to hear the worst one. I got a mega drive when I was younger and my mum allowed my sister to take it to her mates house a week before Christmas where they got drunk and stoned and played Sonic and Golden Axe. She then lost Sonic and had to use her meagre wages from Imries fruit and veg shop to buy me a new Sonic before my mum wrapped it. 

Nothing wrong with that. But in this age where you and I can buy something in twos/two's. Well... 

Салатные палочки
20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Nothing wrong with that. But in this age where you and I can buy something in twos/two's. Well... 

I have no idea what you're talking about.