How did you meet your other half?

iantjambo

I married out of my league. She is Real and I'm a game of lang bangers. 

I was my mates best man, and asked her to be my date. We haven't been apart since. 24 and one half year.

I adore my Mrs. She is everything to me. 

20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I was my mates best man, and asked her to be my date. We haven't been apart since. 24 and one half year.

Happy days, mate, happy days. 

I actually went for looks with the mother of my children, it was a mistake, absolutely bugger all to her. 

Not with her now and she's poisoned the kids against me. nice. 

been here before

She was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar. I picked her out and turned her life around. She's been quite succesful since. 5 years now and its been such good times but Im getting the feeling she's getting a bit bored.

Edited by been here before

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Good man, treasure her.

27 minutes ago, been here before said:

She was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar. I picked her out and turned her life around. She's been quite succesful since. 5 years now and its been such good times but Im getting the feeling she's getting a bit bored.

I actually thought you were going to break into song there. 

2 hours ago, Boof said:

We shared a few classes but S3 Chemistry was when I first really noticed her. 

Which would've been fine if you weren't her ****ing teacher! 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I was on a work night out and we ended up going to Whistle Binkies to meet another team in the department. There was a bunch of new starts in that team who were also there and it turned out to be their first night out with the new team. We had been drinking pretty heavily since 4pm so I was reeking by the time we got there. At some point, I appear to have got chatting to one of the new girls and the next thing I remember is us "getting to know each other" which didn't seem to be a pretty sight for my colleagues!

Come closing time, I wasnt particularly keen on going home and managed to talk her into going back to a hotel on the basis that "nothing was going to happen". To be fair to her (and probably for the best considering my state), she stuck to her word and when we woke up the following morning we just sat and chatted as if we had known each other for years. Turns out she was also hammered so didn't remember how we actually met and to this day we still don't know.

We've now been together four and a half years and are getting married in March 2022. I'm fully expecting my best men to reveal this story in their speech as nobody out with our close friends know the full story 😂.

Not as much romance as others.

Edited by Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Doctor FinnBarr

Met mine in a field at Lanchester County Durham in 97. I should add that the field was a venue for the Dragonslayers motorcycle rally. She travelled down on a mates bike from Blyth and sort of moved into my tent for the weekend and I took her home. Got married the following year, daughter turned up in 2000 and has now provided us with a grandaughter.

She wasn't keen on football but stupidly left me having a drink whilst on the PC as she went to bed with the instructions to "find somewhere to go for our 10th anniversary". She ended up in Belfast for Glentoran v Hearts. Fair plays, she got the bug as gets to as many games as she can now.

Met mine when my pal was meeting her (they were old pals) and he said they’d only be out for a couple

so could I come along and we would continue on for a bevvy session so I tagged along. Biggest mistake he made. He went home early and we stayed out. 16 years ago that was 

4 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Who cares. Now Divorced. She can go and **** herself. 

Ouch!  How long were you married?

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Ouch!  How long were you married?

9 years.

I'm much happier now tbh. Unfortunately she never agreed to 50/50 split with my boys and thats been Going on 6 years since first separated .

I'm all for equality but society and legislation still falls behind in this respect as Mums are still treated as much more important parents.  Missed too many moments with my lads because of her bitterness. 

That's why she can go and **** herself. 

7 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

9 years.

I'm much happier now tbh. Unfortunately she never agreed to 50/50 split with my boys and thats been Going on 6 years since first separated .

I'm all for equality but society and legislation still falls behind in this respect as Mums are still treated as much more important parents.  Missed too many moments with my lads because of her bitterness. 

Sorry to read all that.  I hope things improve for you.  :thumb:

8 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

9 years.

That's a shit state of affairs, my mate went through the same thing, missed some very important early years of his boys life's due the the poison told to them and her flat refusal to play by the rules. By the time the boys were in thier late teens they'd seen through thier mother's lies and binned her off!!! Their relationship with thier dad is fantastic and they just about live in each others pockets now a days. 

Fire_At_The_Disco

Met 37 years ago on Xmas eve 1983 in Linlithgow when we were 15, was at a party with another bird, chucked her asked the misus out & married at 21, near on 32 years married now, she has been unwell with incurable stage 4 bc last 10 years but still going strong. Hope she’s around for ever as I would be lost without her, she and our 2 grown up kids are my best pals. 

Met her when she visited my mate that I was living with at the time. 

He met her (and the others that came to visit) in Japan whilst on the JET programme. He was inspired to learn Japanese from a Scouse Chinese girl that he seen on the Saturday club when he was wee. 

My wife had no intention of going to Japan but went along to a meeting about the JET programme with her best friend at uni. Her pal being Scouse Chinese. Coincedences and all that.

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Sorry to read all that.  I hope things improve for you.  :thumb:

Tbf my relationship with my boys is amazing. Never give me grief, we muck about daft all the time and they're both just younger, smarter and funnier versions of me....exactly as I'd want.

Just wish I hadn't missed so much. Eldest is a teenager now so can't expect him to want to spend as much time with me as I'd like to these days.

54 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Met 37 years ago on Xmas eve 1983 in Linlithgow when we were 15, was at a party with another bird, chucked her asked the misus out & married at 21, near on 32 years married now, she has been unwell with incurable stage 4 bc last 10 years but still going strong. Hope she’s around for ever as I would be lost without her, she and our 2 grown up kids are my best pals. 

If you don't mind I will have you and your wife in my lonely thoughts hoping for the best for you both. It is difficult for both, but its amazing how the simple words I love you, and actions give ease to both, 

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

That's a shit state of affairs, my mate went through the same thing, missed some very important early years of his boys life's due the the poison told to them and her flat refusal to play by the rules. By the time the boys were in thier late teens they'd seen through thier mother's lies and binned her off!!! Their relationship with thier dad is fantastic and they just about live in each others pockets now a days. 

Thankfully haven't had to deal with poison whispered in their ears. Fathers for Families group I used to attend had some utterly heartbreaking stories from Dads about treatment they had which made my problems seem small in comparison.

"They're too young for such a big change of 50/50" I kept getting told after separation...despite them being whisked out the house one afternoon with no warning and coping really well with that.

New fella buys her a house,  they move in and I'm like "Great news, 50/50 now surely".....

Nope....."That wouldn't be in their best interests"

Missed a lot of the silly little things as well though like helping with homework etc

But to give you an idea of some of the low level nonsense. 

Start of lockdown....I'm off work with nowt to do. Shes working from home.

I'm a teacher. She ain't.

I offer to start the home schooling....

No....she thinks its for the best she starts their routine....whilst she still has to work from home...on the laptop, answering calls etc

I remind her I'm a teacher. A QUALIFIED TEACHER. Who can't even do anything at home as I teach ASN kids who need face to face learning. I'm literally sitting on my hands this whole week.

Nope....shes still convinced its best started with her.

Just a whole lot of this kinda guff for over 6 years now.

Sorry....I'm hijacking this thread. 

J.T.F.Robertson

Met my now ex in Romano's waaaay back in '69, the proverbial love at first sight. Anyway, down to me being a selfish dick, we split around '81.

My current partner has "suffered" me since late '85 after meeting in a club called the Banke, here in Calgary.

I've been exceptionally lucky, *as both were/are too good for me.

*you don't have to agree. ;)

Fire_At_The_Disco
22 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

If you don't mind I will have you and your wife in my lonely thoughts hoping for the best for you both. It is difficult for both, but its amazing how the simple words I love you, and actions give ease to both, 

Thank you for your kind words Sharpie

Me and mrs SJ first met when I started drinking in the pub she worked in, a classy establishment (kings arms in tolcross). We became good pals, then I started working there and she couldn't resist me (nobody could, to be fair). We have been together since 1995, married for just over 20 years, with some well documented problems. Even through all of that, we are still madly in love and will be together untill the passing of 1 of us.