How did you meet your other half?

iantjambo

Yes, I’m having a lovey, dovey night 😁

Met Mrs tJambo when she started working at the old John Menzies in Waverley in 1996. Took her on a date and bottled making a move.

She left the work soon after and the chance was gone.

14 years later, we got back in touch through Bebo. Grabbed the chance. Now we’re married with a 9 year old dickhead.

Any other stories?

I met Mrs Bunny on Plenty of Fish almost 4 years ago. Took her to the theatre on our first date, tying to kid on I was cultured.

Got married in Sept, not regrets so far.

57 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I met Mrs Bunny on Plenty of Fish almost 4 years ago. Took her to the theatre on our first date, tying to kid on I was cultured.

With all due respect, that made me laugh.  Two months and no regrets, eh?  Good stuff! :thumb:

I met my wife at work in the rubber mill on Fountainbridge.  She was the new girl in the department and, for me, it was love at first sight.  We got married in 1959 and no regrets so far! :wink:

1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

The Theatre on a first date?

You cultured sod Bunny 😁

Congratulations mate :)

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

With all due respect, that made me laugh.  Two months and no regrets, eh?  Good stuff! :thumb:

I met my wife at work in the rubber mill on Fountainbridge.  She was the new girl in the department and, for me, it was love at first sight.  We got married in 1959 and no regrets so far! :wink:

Over 50 years. Well done ML 👍🏻

11 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Thanks.  61 years and counting!

We’ll be a mere 6 years in March. Had our tough times already but still going strong :)

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Piper's disco on Lothian Road, 19th July 1980. Sadly the disco is no longer there, the wife is though😊😊

:lol:

5 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

OH NO YOU DIDN'T 

Салатные палочки

Plenty of Fish. We're now four years and one beautiful daughter later. 

Me and my wife were best pals growing up. Lost touch when she moved back to Norway with her family. Met again when she moved back over and bumped into each other in a pub. Been together for 12 years married for 6. Two kids. 

8 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Plenty of Fish. We're now four years and one beautiful daughter later. 

And, importantly, an endless supply of delicious steak pie?

According to most people on here over the years plenty of fish and other dating sites were for mental women only 

Looks like for some people they have been life changing for the better 

Just now, theshed said:

According to most people on here over the years plenty of fish and other dating sites were for mental women only 

Looks like for some people they have been life changing for the better 

6 years for me.

She’s definitely mental though. 

17 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Met the future Mrs JJ at the local chippie in July 1980, been together ever since, married for the last 38 years.

Did she batter your sausage?

6 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Yes, I’m having a lovey, dovey night 😁

Met Mrs tJambo when she started working at the old John Menzies in Waverley in 1996. Took her on a date and bottled making a move.

She left the work soon after and the chance was gone.

14 years later, we got back in touch through Bebo. Grabbed the chance. Now we’re married with a 9 year old dickhead.

Any other stories?

Harp hotel.

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, gjcc said:

And, importantly, an endless supply of delicious steak pie?

4 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

FTFY 😁

:rofl:

She can't make one from scratch but she did introduce me to an excellent butchers. 

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

:rofl:

She can't make one from scratch but she did introduce me to an excellent butchers. 

Remains to this day one of the greatest JKB threads.  Delighted everything’s working out for you 👍

Riddley Walker

Eccied out our collective boxes at The Studios in 2007. True love at first sight 😁. 13 years of travelling and living abroad, now settled back (for now) in Scotland with a daughter.

Met my Mrs on Elite Singles.

Boy was i chancing my luck!!!

Completely punching above my weight but he who dares Rodders 👍

3 n half years together.

She was also pretty much T total when we met. Didn’t take me long to corrupt that!!

Салатные палочки
20 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

At this gig.

IMG-20201020-WA0000.jpg

Nice of you to show us a picture of her. 

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Nice of you to show us a picture of her. 

🤣🤣 she loves a bit of slap so she does.

Met Mrs Craig at the old Bongo Club. Her absolutely sober after finishing work in a bar, me absolutely hammered (and by this time eccied too) after an  all-day session watching Scotland (think it was the infamous Faroes game). 

God knows what she was thinking! 

Met mine at an old job 7 years back. I was with happy with my ex at the time and hadn't long had my daughter so it wasn't exactly love at first sight. Mine and my ex's relationship started going down the tubes though and we grew apart, felt like we were only together for the sake of the wee one.

Finished with my ex and decided to take the chance. Didn't know what I was getting into, but 5 years later, we are still together. I was destined to never really 'play the field' I guess. :lol: 

Met my other half when I was a postie and she worked in an office where I picked up the mail. Gave her a 'special delivery' and still together. It'll be 30 years in Feb '21.

9 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Any "rubber woman" jokes would, therefore, be entirely inappropriate...   :whistling:

:ban:

Shanks said no

Annabels on Semple St in June 1981

It was going to kick off big time as our group was falling out with some Asian gentlemen and for once I thought better of being front and centre. Saw Mrs F, who had been at same school as me and decided to get off with her instead. Forty glorious years together next year.

Should have gone boxing...................

3 hours ago, felix said:

Congrats.

The rubber factory's changed a bit now .

https://pagepark.co.uk/project/architecture/edinburgh-printmakers/

Thanks for posting that picture; it brings back memories.  I worked on the top floor of that building and at the desk beside me was Gordon Marshall, who became the Hearts goalie in the late 1950s.  Of the two of us, I was the most die-hard Hearts supporter by far. 

11 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Any "rubber woman" jokes would, therefore, be entirely inappropriate...   :whistling:

:ban:

Rubber jokes can be easily erased. :biggrin:

I was sometimes asked if I could get discount, ahem, French letters but, sadly, the main products were hot water bottles and tyres.

9 hours ago, iantjambo said:

We’ll be a mere 6 years in March. Had our tough times already but still going strong :)

Excellent.  Many marriages don't last that long.

There will be other tough times ahead for you, and I'm speaking from experience.  The best advice I can give is to never lose your sense of humour. Try to make each other smile every day.

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Excellent.  Many marriages don't last that long.

There will be other tough times ahead for you, and I'm speaking from experience.  The best advice I can give is to never lose your sense of humour. Try to make each other smile every day.

Oh we do that. We’re always making each other laugh.

Met at work , Waddies the printers , I was a printer she was a bookbinder , first date was 1989 , married in 1992 and still going strong after 28 years marriage  . Two grown up daughters . 
Never ever have I won an argument though 🤷🏻‍♂️

her dad worked in the afore mentioned rubber mill @Maple Leaf

15 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Thanks for posting that picture; it brings back memories.  I worked on the top floor of that building and at the desk beside me was Gordon Marshall, who became the Hearts goalie in the late 1950s.  Of the two of us, I was the most die-hard Hearts supporter by far. 

Cheers.  Would definately recommend a visit - what's left of the building's impressive - and the surrounding area's changing beyond recognition ( for the better).

Never know Gordon Marshall worked there. I was introduced to him at the 5-1 final. Seemed to be a true gent.

Met at the Cavendish dance hall in 1958. If ever there was an example of fate directing what was to be it was this. My wife had arrived in Edinburgh a week before with a girlfriend who was visiting a cousin. They had completed an eight week cruise from Vancouver through the Panama  Canal and had beautiful suntans.

Being a Wednesday I had phoned some other polis to see if they were going out that night all said they were busy. I took instead my mother to the old Palladium to see Lex Maclean or someone, her greatest pleasure. When the show finished she gave me a couple of shillings and told me to go and have a pint. I did and went to the Cavendish, the first thing I saw were three of my "pals" I advised them politely of their characters, and saw this tanned vision American and went and asked her to dance. We did and when the dance finished she held on to my hand, well I had read Playboy and learned about American girls, turned out she was actually Canadian. I learned that night they were full of crap. We did arrange to meet again and we did getting married in March 1960, sixty years of bliss. 

Met my missus in the local boozer during 1982 WC (Scotland v NZ).

Back in the day when not all houses had a phone , I went to call her from the pub to confirm our next date and bumped into an ex-school mate who was pissed off at being stood up.

FF a year and we're walking along Princes St , we pass my same ex-school mate. My (now) missus asks "do you know him". I say , yeh we used to be close mates at primary school.

She then tells me she dumped him to go out with me. 

I was 14 year old and playing football in the street outside my mates house when we met, she stayed across the road. 14 years together and our first baby on the way.

Tenaciousdandy

Meet my missus on pof after just coming out of a 15 year relationship, first date was butterfly World, been together just over 5 years

We shared a few classes but S3 Chemistry was when I first really noticed her. Despite knowing of my interest we didn't actually hook up until year 2 Uni.

Married 76 days after Dens so the wedding turned out to be the highlight of the year.

34 years in, 3 lads and a variety of animals.