Super Ally

Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, mark_my_words said:

It was during a 0-0 derby... just before the 1996 league cup final, he scored, we lost 4-3 and Neil McCann won a bike for being MOM

One of the best individual performances I've ever seen. Not just in a Hearts jersey, but on a football pitch.

3 hours ago, mark_my_words said:

It was during a 0-0 derby... just before the 1996 league cup final, he scored, we lost 4-3 and Neil McCann won a bike for being MOM

If memory serves right (which it doesn't much these days), was it not some Coca Cola mountain bike with the big stupid 90s wheel discs on the back wheel. Sure the picture of the bike being presented McCann has a face like thunder, which after that display was totally unsurprising. 

14 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

He's only on with AB one day a week now but very good with Laura Woods too. 

Some of his tales are class. Following the sad news about Sir Sean's passing, he was talking about France '98 and how he had the talk show with Fred MacAuley since he didn't make the squad.

After the show he was in the Auld Alliance which was rammed. The karaoke was on and Ally opted for Born To Run by The Boss. He looked over his shoulder and his backing singers consisted of Kenny Dalglish, Ewan MacGregor, Gavin Hastings, Jackie Stewart and Sean Connery (with his top off)! 😂 

That’ll be the same night Stan Collymore got a hiding outside for roughing Ukrika up

Edited by JimmyCant

The Real Maroonblood
37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hard not to like him. Scotland could use a scorer like him now 

I found it easy not to like.

:P

13 hours ago, droid said:

Was one of the only rangers players to come and applaud the Hearts fans at the end of the 98 Cup Win.

Didn’t know this but it doesn’t surprise me. Always seemed a decent fella

Diadora Van Basten

I remember being down in Cardiff for the rugby and the Rangers 9 in a row team were there and I ended up drinking with them.

We were all having a laugh and singing Scotland songs until I started singing “There’s only one Alan Johnston” and they looked like they were all going to kill me (Alan Johnston had recently scored a hat trick v Rangers at Ibrox).

Coisty grabbed me playfully round the neck and said “Your some guy and he’s some player by the way.” 

After that it was all fine and we went back to having a laugh and singing Scotland songs.

I think he’s a genuine good guy and does have a soft spot for Hearts.

Diadora Van Basten
11 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

A mate of mine was there and claims he punched Collymore in the puss that day during the fracas 👊🏼
:sweeet:
He was a hard ***** and not the one to tell lies tbh. 

I met a few guys from the Tartan Army who witnessed the incident and they said they got a few licks in.

22 hours ago, droid said:

Was one of the only rangers players to come and applaud the Hearts fans at the end of the 98 Cup Win.

He did.  Also, I was sitting near the Rangers fans as I was a couple of sections near the end of our stand where the segregation was. As usual, there was some Rangers and Hearts fans too interested in giving verbals and gestures for 90 mins 😀.

I remember looking over now and again and seeing this one particular Hun who was spitting teeth, looked possessed and would’ve jumped the segregation if he could to have a pagger.  But at the final whistle, he beckoned a Hearts fan to throw his scarf over, in which the JT obliged, and he put it on while applauding the Hearts end.  He also waited on our team parading the cup....fair play.  Lol

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

He did.  Also, I was sitting near the Rangers fans as I was a couple of sections near the end of our stand where the segregation was. As usual, there was some Rangers and Hearts fans too interested in giving verbals and gestures for 90 mins 😀.

I remember looking over now and again and seeing this one particular Hun who was spitting teeth, looked possessed and would’ve jumped the segregation if he could to have a pagger.  But at the final whistle, he beckoned a Hearts fan to throw his scarf over, in which the JT obliged, and he put it on while applauding the Hearts end.  He also waited on our team parading the cup....fair play.  Lol

My memory of the end of that game is different to some others. I recall several Rangers players applauding us at the end, particularly the Scottish ones who recognised how long we had gone without and how much we deserved it, and a significant number of their fans did too, way more than half in my memory.

An unforgettable day in so many ways.

McCoist always had a soft spot for us.  We should have went for him for his last couple of seasons.

12 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I met a few guys from the Tartan Army who witnessed the incident and they said they got a few licks in.

Must have been some size of a pub. It seems like almost everybody who ever was in the TA had a slap at him that night. 😏

5 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

Must have been some size of a pub. It seems like almost everybody who ever was in the TA had a slap at him that night. 😏

1 of my mates said it was like that scene in airplane where they are all queuing up to slap the hysterical woman. 

1 hour ago, superjack said:

1 of my mates said it was like that scene in airplane where they are all queuing up to slap the hysterical woman. 

lol, that's kinda how I imagined it

I liked Ally.

Thing was though, because of the service he got at Rangers, he perhaps got 6 or 7 good chances per match and put away maybe a couple of them.  If our Robbo had got that many chances, week in, week out, he would have tucked away twice what Sally did.

34 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I liked Ally.

Thing was though, because of the service he got at Rangers, he perhaps got 6 or 7 good chances per match and put away maybe a couple of them.  If our Robbo had got that many chances, week in, week out, he would have tucked away twice what Sally did.

I'm sure it was McCoist who said Robbo was the best striker in Scotland.