Super Ally

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

I have found him a very fair pundit.

In the championship last time he was a gent.

For Scotland  , he doesn't care about the arse cheeks.

He is a ranger *****, but for the last 3/4 years he's been ok and as a player, despite ****ing us he was always ok.

HH was a bombs care, not his fault tho.

Samuel Camazzola
12 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Like him on Talksport with Alan Brazil 

He's only on with AB one day a week now but very good with Laura Woods too. 

Some of his tales are class. Following the sad news about Sir Sean's passing, he was talking about France '98 and how he had the talk show with Fred MacAuley since he didn't make the squad.

After the show he was in the Auld Alliance which was rammed. The karaoke was on and Ally opted for Born To Run by The Boss. He looked over his shoulder and his backing singers consisted of Kenny Dalglish, Ewan MacGregor, Gavin Hastings, Jackie Stewart and Sean Connery (with his top off)! 😂 

Classic quote with a scaffolder I worked with from the Sunderland area when McCoiist's name came up in conversation "Aye, he's no' fussy wi' the lasses"!

Салатные палочки

Ally is one of the good guys. Was talking to the Mrs about him on Friday when he was interviewed on STV news. He had a big cheeser on his face and a glow that looked like Raman had interrupted his Friday evening red wine. Was hard to hate him even when he was banging in goals against us. 

That Hearty Harry thing was surreal. IIRC it was the week before the LC final where he scored two. 

He seems to be a lovely fella who I’d love to sit and listen to in a place of mystery ( or a pub as we used to know it as ) 

352C758E-AA4B-4C22-BC63-CF6AB5337876.jpeg

One of the best from his generation, always impartial, always looking for positives and always providing interesting insights. 

Night and day when he's on Sky comms rather than Andy Walker

He had a very annoying habit of scoring against us back in the day but McCoist has always come across as a good guy and doesn't take himself too seriously unlike so many of the other pundits. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Some of his tales are class. Following the sad news about Sir Sean's passing, he was talking about France '98 and how he had the talk show with Fred MacAuley since he didn't make the squad.

After the show he was in the Auld Alliance which was rammed. The karaoke was on and Ally opted for Born To Run by The Boss. He looked over his shoulder and his backing singers consisted of Kenny Dalglish, Ewan MacGregor, Gavin Hastings, Jackie Stewart and Sean Connery (with his top off)! 😂 

Brilliant!

McCoist always seems fair and balanced and has a funny personality. Took Rangers for everything they had and the way he was treated by their fans must have left a sour taste in his mouth considering everything he did for them as a player. 

jack D and coke

You can’t help but like him. Top lad Ally and that story about him singing in Paris was class.
“Even Bruce Springsteen wouldve toiled to get better backing singers than that” :lol: 

It’s things like that we’ve missed as a nation not qualifying for tournaments. Tournaments are just better when Scotland are there. Fact. 

Салатные палочки

Tell you what, my arse collapsed when he came on at half time in the 98 Cup final. B@stard scored a hat-trick against us a few months later as well for Kilmarnock. 

Borders Jambo
3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Tell you what, my arse collapsed when he came on at half time in the 98 Cup final. B@stard scored a hat-trick against us a few months later as well for Kilmarnock. 

That penalty claim in the last 20 minutes ......

I had a beer with him in the Feathery and Firkin in St Andrews once, nice guy. Not up his own arse at all.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Stamped on his knee at ibrox. 

Never could stand the wee prick .

Would Robbo have ripped off Hearts in that way ?

6 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Never could stand the wee prick .

Would Robbo have ripped off Hearts in that way ?

No chance. 

He was a wee bit bitter when he was the rangers manager but always seemed a good guy apart from that. Maybe the pressure of keeping the knuckledraggers that follow them got the better of him.

4 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Classic quote with a scaffolder I worked with from the Sunderland area when McCoiist's name came up in conversation "Aye, he's no' fussy wi' the lasses"!

Hazel Irvine agrees

Fort Vallance

Met him a few times at dinners etc. And he's a lovely guy. I asked about the penalty and he said that at the time he honestly didn't know if it as a penalty but he was sure Willie Young had given it.

Bazzas right boot

I remember he played in the sky game thing, engerlund v Scotland 

Came on with two minutes to go, ball hit him and he scored the winner! 

manaliveits105
5 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Heard that - quality

may have been same night in Auld Alliance that  Stan Collymore hit his bird Ulreka Johnson

and Ally and others stepped in then Ally comforted(cough cough) Ulreka 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Heard that - quality

may have been same night in Auld Alliance that  Stan Collymore hit his bird Ulreka Johnson

and Ally and others stepped in then Ally comforted(cough cough) Ulreka 

A mate of mine was there and claims he punched Collymore in the puss that day during the fracas 👊🏼
:sweeet:
He was a hard ***** and not the one to tell lies tbh. 

Edited by jack D and coke

One of they guys you just can't dislike IMO. Too young to really remember him as a player although I did see him play for Killie against us in one of my first games.

Comes across as just a decent, likeable guy with plenty stories to tell. Robbo was better though. ;) 

Weakened Offender

One of the worst displays of thuggery I've seen on a football pitch was his side in the 2-0 win in the championship. **** him. 

Still cannot believe they started Alan McNully (as the Bayern fans called him) instead of McCoist in the Costa Rica debacle and then to bring him on for Bett and leave a bunch of midfielders who weren't exactly creative to supply 3 strikers... A shambles that Clarke's subs last week came very close to topping... 

9 hours ago, iantjambo said:

He’s always had a soft spot for Hearts. Mind him dressing up as Hearty Harry in one game.

That was just before the final in 98.  It felt like a good omen and everyone had a good laugh about it in the stands.

1 hour ago, Fun Boaby said:

Hazel Irvine agrees

Really? I remember seeing her in a pub in WEst End of Glasgow once and it was amazing. Top half slim and the bit you see on TV, then absolutely mahoosive hips and short legs...

8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Really? I remember seeing her in a pub in WEst End of Glasgow once and it was amazing. Top half slim and the bit you see on TV, then absolutely mahoosive hips and short legs...

On the floor at the BBC apparently. Mind you, I probably  read it on here so it could be bollocks

37 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

One of the worst displays of thuggery I've seen on a football pitch was his side in the 2-0 win in the championship. **** him. 

Language ☝️

38 minutes ago, Angry Haggis said:

Should have done better for Scotland. 

He was always a striker who scored a lot and missed a lot of chances - his gift was knowing where to be to get those chances. Much easier with Rangers than Scotland.

I read a profile on him in Shoot magazine, maybe it was Match back in the day and realized we had a similar taste in music, his favourite band was Killing Joke as was and still is mine!

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Ally is one of the good guys. Was talking to the Mrs about him on Friday when he was interviewed on STV news. He had a big cheeser on his face and a glow that looked like Raman had interrupted his Friday evening red wine. Was hard to hate him even when he was banging in goals against us. 

That Hearty Harry thing was surreal. IIRC it was the week before the LC final where he scored two. 

He's told the story about the Hearty Harry appearance on the radio too. It was off the cuff and unplanned. He said he was out in Rose Street that afternoon and ended up going to our game. After catching a glimpse of Harry in hospitality, Ally said he fancied getting the outfit on and going out at halftime. 

His story about the owner of Mr Singh's naming his newborn after the first Rangers goalscorer in an Old Firm game is class too. 😄

millerjames398

Like him as a pundit, but my god did i have it in for him as a player, remember us givin them the run around in a lge cup game at tynie, we never took our chances, and he popped up with a brilliant volleyed winner at the death, a common theme for him against us🤬😆🇱🇻

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

This.

Don’t understand the love in with him.

One of these faces you could..........

mark_my_words
3 hours ago, Sigma One said:

That was just before the final in 98.  It felt like a good omen and everyone had a good laugh about it in the stands.

It was during a 0-0 derby... just before the 1996 league cup final, he scored, we lost 4-3 and Neil McCann won a bike for being MOM

7 hours ago, indianajones said:

Hated him as a young boy when he was scoring goals against us. 

A lot of time for him now. One of the best pundits there is imo. 

Reflects my thoughts on him perfectly