Childhood sweethearts

iantjambo

Do you remember yours? Are you still in touch? Are you still together?

Mine was a girl called Michelle. Our song was ‘seasons in the sun’. Because it had ‘Michelle’ in it.

We were madly in love. Then her parents broke our hearts by moving away. We were gutted. 😞 

Anyway. We’re both married now and in touch over FB.

Any of you lot still with your childhood sweetheart?

Yes,No and No

Still wonder about her now and then,I had a wee nose on fb and it ended up depressing me, It took alot of meaningless 1 nightstands to numb the pain of losing her 😄. Women have been the catalyst for disaster in my life and I really wish I could tell myself 15years ago to stay clear of them and just get the head down. 

Childhood sweetheart from primary school moved away unexpectedly and never saw her until 30 years later, been living together for the last 10 years. Some things are meant to be apparently!

What's for you won't go by you. Don't think it's impossible, but the odds your first partner just happening to be someone who you're compatible with long term, through all the changes that you'll both go through in your lives, when you're a kid are pretty small. Not saying it can't happen, I know a few who are happily together still, but given the changes you go through during your twenties and thirties that mould you into a more stable adult, it would seem quite rare to me. Rose tinted specs of a simpler time of less responsibility perhaps :D 

30 minutes ago, scottishguy said:

Childhood sweetheart from primary school moved away unexpectedly and never saw her until 30 years later, been living together for the last 10 years. Some things are meant to be apparently!

Thats quality!

25 minutes ago, SupaJT said:

What's for you won't go by you. Don't think it's impossible, but the odds your first partner just happening to be someone who you're compatible with long term, through all the changes that you'll both go through in your lives, when you're a kid are pretty small. Not saying it can't happen, I know a few who are happily together still, but given the changes you go through during your twenties and thirties that mould you into a more stable adult, it would seem quite rare to me. Rose tinted specs of a simpler time of less responsibility perhaps :D 

There is a school of thought that being from the same place, similar backgrounds, roughly the same age, similar experiences and people in common, makes it more likely that you'll be most compatible with your first love.

Mines turned out to be an absolute roaster, so we've got that in common I suppose. Don't keep in touch/Facebook stalk etc.

9 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Mine was a girl called Michelle. Our song was ‘seasons in the sun’. Because it had ‘Michelle’ in it.

We were madly in love. Then her parents broke our hearts by moving away. We were gutted. 😞 

Still with mine I suppose. Me and my wife best pals growing up she moved away only to come back and been married 12 years now with two kids. 

46 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Never had a childhood sweetheart unless you count Hearts and playing football.

No that doesnt count. It would be your hand by default.

12 minutes ago, Herbert said:

No that doesnt count. It would be your hand by default.

Lol, I didnt even do that!

12 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Was about 7, Corstorphine primary , used to buy her sweets every day from browns in the high street.

After going to Craigmount lost touch 🤔,

2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Was about 7, Corstorphine primary , used to buy her sweets every day from browns in the high street.

After going to Craigmount lost touch 🤔,

Were you 7 aswell? 

I went to an all-boys school, the Royal High on Calton Hill, and only had one interest and that was the Hearts.  I was a nerd before anyone used that word.

When I left school and went to work I was very awkward around girls:  I didn't know what to talk about other than football and didn't earn enough money to ask them out.  Two quid a week wasn't much, even in those days.

Anyway, I was saved when a new girl started in the office who had poor eyesight.  She took a shine to me and we started going out together.  She was my first girlfriend.  We got married the following year, and we're still married.

I've told her that she replaced Hearts as my greatest love, but only just!! 

5 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I've told her that she replaced Hearts as my greatest love, but only just!! 

Not a PHM then?