Saturday Night BBC 1, Blackadder.

Dawnrazor

I love the Blackadder programmes, but  is re runs from 34 years ago the best the BBC can do for the licence fee? I watched, between the rugby games on tv today, a few BBC 1 shows and what a load of shite, what's going on?

Edited by Dawnrazor

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I love the Blackadder programmes, but  is re runs from 34 years ago the best the BBC can do for the licence fee? I watched, between the rugby games on tv today, a few BBC 1 shows and what a load of shite, what's going on?

They occasionally come up with decent programmes but it's few and far between. 

The salaries they pay presenters is nothing short of scandalous.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

Shanks said no

Mrs Miggins Pie shop getting a mention, series 2 episode 1, must be the first ever mention. 

34 years later I still call Bains that.

I think in the current climate, we need to be a bit more understanding. However, the lack of decent new British comedy on BBC screens is something that's been an issue long before Covid times. I'd give anything for a new comedy that really amuses me. As much as I love my old classics, I feel like I could do with something to freshen my list up.

Get Bob Mortimer involved BBC. Anything with that man involved is instantly funny.

been here before
2 minutes ago, Locky said:

I think in the current climate, we need to be a bit more understanding. However, the lack of decent new British comedy on BBC screens is something that's been an issue long before Covid times. I'd give anything for a new comedy that really amuses me. As much as I love my old classics, I feel like I could do with something to freshen my list up.

Get Bob Mortimer involved BBC. Anything with that man involved is instantly funny.

Might I recommend the fantastic Mrs Browns Boys? It may be a few years old now but remains challenging and edgy. No matter how many times you watch it you'll find something side splittingly new you missed the first time round. You'll soil yourself with mirth.

Same with Citizen Khan.

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Might I recommend the fantastic Mrs Browns Boys? It may be a few years old now but remains challenging and edgy. No matter how many times you watch it you'll find something side splittingly new you missed the first time round. You'll soil yourself with mirth.

Same with Citizen Khan.

:rofl:

Been down that road mate, but I couldn't stomach it. Had to pause every 2 minutes in fits of laughter. Haven't had the balls to face a full episode yet.

Stephane Grappelli
12 hours ago, been here before said:

Nothing will top the halcyon Saturday nights that revolved around the latest episode of Miranda.

Great days.

Agreed. We're lucky to have the likes of Miranda, Mrs Brown's Boys and Janey Godley to keep us all laughing through these dark times.

been here before
8 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Agreed. We're lucky to have the likes of Miranda, Mrs Brown's Boys and Janey Godley to keep us all laughing through these dark times.

Ahhh Janey 'midly amusing the first time but just booted the arse out it ever since' Godley.

Unprecedented, difficult times right enough.

As soon as the posh lads were excluded it all went down the pan.

fry and Laurie , the goodies, the pythons , intelligent and sharp as a tack.

now diversity has killed comedy by enforcing unfunny twats onto HIGNFY etc 

17 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

That Godley woman is dreadful. My wife thinks she’s hilarious and plays it on her phone ☹️

been here before
Just now, GinRummy said:

That Godley woman is dreadful. My wife thinks she’s hilarious and plays it on her phone ☹️

I think its a womans thing as she just seems to batter on about shoes and hair in a weegie accent.

That aside though its certainly lifted my spirits through these unprecedented, difficult and challenging times.

Stephane Grappelli
26 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ahhh Janey 'midly amusing the first time but just booted the arse out it ever since' Godley.

Unprecedented, difficult times right enough.

Correct, and her OTT response to even the mildest of criticism on social media is something to behold. Well known for having a whole host of other Twitter accounts to make it look like there's an army behind her sticking up for her when in reality it's just her and a whole bunch of different logins.

Stephane Grappelli
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It's bizarre. Every single one of those voiceovers is just the same crap patter every time.

18 minutes ago, been here before said:

I think its a womans thing as she just seems to batter on about shoes and hair in a weegie accent.

That aside though its certainly lifted my spirits through these unprecedented, difficult and challenging times.

That made me laugh, which is something Janey has never managed to do.

Placid Casual
14 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

What’s going on? Are you serious?

1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

It's bizarre. Every single one of those voiceovers is just the same crap patter every time.

That made me laugh, which is something Janey has never managed to do.

I was “lucky” enough to be at a night in The Stand and she was the compère between acts. Fair to say she was about as funny as stapling your scrotum to your leg. Her entire act appeared to be telling us Edinburgh is posh and Glasgow is the best place in the world but we won’t admit it. 

Stephane Grappelli
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I was “lucky” enough to be at a night in The Stand and she was the compère between acts. Fair to say she was about as funny as stapling your scrotum to your leg. Her entire act appeared to be telling us Edinburgh is posh and Glasgow is the best place in the world but we won’t admit it. 

Aye, the faux working class Glaswegian routine yet still managed to spend 80 grand on her daughter's education! She has followed her into the comedy game and is equally bad.

1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Aye, the faux working class Glaswegian routine yet still managed to spend 80 grand on her daughter's education! She has followed her into the comedy game and is equally bad.

Ditto Susan Calman. A whole act about how great Glasgow and Glaswegian culture is while conveniently forgetting a super privileged upbringing including a top private school and a career in law. Also the small matter of her father being a knight of the realm who was chief medical officer for most of the UK. But we get all this shite about her working class Glaswegian life. 

Back on topic, the last episode of blackadder must be in the top 10 of iconic TV moments. Very funny and heartbreaking at the same time 

52 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

1 hour ago, been here before said:

🤣🤣🤣 well done both. 

jack D and coke
46 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Ditto Susan Calman. A whole act about how great Glasgow and Glaswegian culture is while conveniently forgetting a super privileged upbringing including a top private school and a career in law. Also the small matter of her father being a knight of the realm who was chief medical officer for most of the UK. But we get all this shite about her working class Glaswegian life. 

That good an education on that Scotland programme she does (which is actually decent) she was at that huge outdoor map of Scotland and placed Edinburgh over in fife ffs. 

'Dad's Army', how many years has this outdated comedy been shown by BBC(2)?  Is it on a continuous role.

been here before
19 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That good an education on that Scotland programme she does (which is actually decent) she was at that huge outdoor map of Scotland and placed Edinburgh over in fife ffs. 

Secret Scotland, its not a bad programme. As a presenter of it I really want to dislike her but there's some little thing just stopping me.

2 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

Aye, fair do's, I was a bit wined up last night and maybe didn't fully think through that last bit😆👍

Placid Casual
50 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Aye, fair do's, I was a bit wined up last night and maybe didn't fully think through that last bit😆👍

😄

Stephane Grappelli
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Aye, she is so ****ing annoying. Especially those Bank of Scotland adverts.

1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Aye, she is so ****ing annoying. Especially those Bank of Scotland adverts.

So false and everything she does just seems forced.