Hearts players you would have liked to see playing for a different hearts side

Skippy Doodle

21 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Skacel or Hartley in 98 team, maybe would've got us over the line. 

I'll just add Kingston was an absolute mercenary, boy wasn't interested in playing for Hearts. 

I think he was at first. He definately lost interest and downed tools though, and it was shockingly obvious. A shame as he had bags of talent. Imagine what fully functioning Kingston and Pinilla would've been like?

I would loved to have any of Derek Ferguson, Colin, Cameron, Steve Fulton, Paul Hartley or Bruno Aguiar in any of our teams of the last 10 years...

fabienleclerq
21 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I think he was at first. He definately lost interest and downed tools though, and it was shockingly obvious. A shame as he had bags of talent. Imagine what fully functioning Kingston and Pinilla would've been like?

I would loved to have any of Derek Ferguson, Colin, Cameron, Steve Fulton, Paul Hartley or Bruno Aguiar in any of our teams of the last 10 years...

Tbf I don't think it was just hearts, a look at his career shows an amazing lack of games. Guy could've made fortunes and played in a big league if he wasn't lazy and had a shite attitude. 

On 14/11/2020 at 12:08, scott herbertson said:

Donald Ford in the current team  - an intelligent centre forward with an eye for goal and one who could bring the midfield into play more

100% Scott

1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

Bobby Prentice in any team during my lifetime. Just to see him play. Only seen footage and looked some player.

By not seeing Bobby belting down the left wing, beating two or three defenders on his way, doing it all again :lol:, beating the same two or three defenders, you missed an awesome sight, WD!

After Drew Busby, Bobby P was my favourite Hearts player.

Great choice by you.  👍

Dave MacKay in any team I've seen in the last 47 years, but most specifically in the 2012 final.  He would not have settled for 5-1.

I remember a former boss of mine who was a Hibs fan, he was one of those that would watch Hearts when Hibs were away from home, as many Hearts fans also did back in the 50s.  He was at a Hearts v Falkirk game during the 1957-58 season when we won the league by a stretch.  We were 9-0 up with a couple of minutes to go, we got a throw in and whoever it was that picked the ball up to take the throw was taking their time.  MacKay ran over, pushed his team mate out of the way and grabbed the ball to get it back into play.  Coasting the game at 9-0 with 2 minutes to play wasn't acceptable to MacKay.

On 14/11/2020 at 09:56, BelgeJambo said:

Rudi Skacel at Dens in 86

Absolutely. Plus Rab Prentice in that team too or the Joe Jordan team and the 2006 team for that matter.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Craig Levein in the 1998 team.  That's a league championship.

Gordon or Niemi back end.

Outside of the final, Rousset was poor from January onwards.

Weir was giving Levein a run for money form and football wise.

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Gordon or Niemi back end.

Outside of the final, Rousset was poor from January onwards.

Weir was giving Levein a run for money form and football wise.

1986 - 1990 Craig Levein I should have said.  Good shout on CG or AN.

22 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Would have been nice to have had the likes of Maurice Johnston,  Jim Bett and Gordon Durie in their prime and in the right teams.

Sure JC said he'd love to play with Jim Bett at his peak.  Right up there as one of best played with even at back end of JB's career.

23 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Sure JC said he'd love to play with Jim Bett at his peak.  Right up there as one of best played with even at back end of JB's career.

Class act.