Hearts players you would have liked to see playing for a different hearts side

Skippy Doodle

Skippy Doodle

FAO all Hearts fans 🚨 looking to record some weekly shows for my website with the first one focused on which hearts players you would liked to have seen playing for another hearts side of your choosing and why (example lee miller in the 08/09 team)

Comment below or Private message me your suggestions 

2C745F04-E1DB-40E0-ABD5-9D05200ED8ED.jpeg

Stephane Adam in the 05-06 team, or Pinilla (with his head screwed on)

Edited by Bickfest

Skippy Doodle
1 minute ago, Bickfest said:

Stephane Adam in the 05-06 team

Nice shout. What do you think he would have given that team that we were missing?

Skippy Doodle
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Drew Busby was just before my time but I always get the impression from guys on here that he deserved to have better players around him. 

That’s a good shout

Skippy Doodle
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

MDV in the 2012 Cup final. 

It might not have been 10, but we'd have got 9.😜

Haha 😂 

Good question. First that come to kind are the talented players we hava had over the last few years playing in poor teams. Isma, Bjorn Johnsen, Tzolis. I'm sure a better manager would have got plenty out of them (as Nielson did with Johnsen to be fair).

Lee Miller is a very good shout, really hoped we'd sign him at the time. 

Imagine if we'd had Kingston or Pinilla playing regularly in a functional team.

Skippy Doodle
8 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Good question. First that come to kind are the talented players we hava had over the last few years playing in poor teams. Isma, Bjorn Johnsen, Tzolis. I'm sure a better manager would have got plenty out of them (as Nielson did with Johnsen to be fair).

Lee Miller is a very good shout, really hoped we'd sign him at the time. 

Imagine if we'd had Kingston or Pinilla playing regularly in a functional team.

Yeah I always thought johnsen suffered under Cathro. I do think tzioulos would have been a lazy charlatan regardless of who was in charge

Obvious ones like Gordon last year but I’m going to go with Velicka during Nielson’s second season with us in the Premiership. Sometimes I think if we’d scored that decisive goal away from home instead of missing it would have brought teams out more and we wouldn’t have needed to resort to hoofing it all the time. Might’ve kept the fans on side longer and we wouldn’t have gone down the route we went down. Who knows. 

Skippy Doodle
1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Obvious ones like Gordon last year but I’m going to go with Velicka during Nielson’s second season with us in the Premiership. Sometimes I think if we’d scored that decisive goal away from home instead of missing it would have brought teams out more and we wouldn’t have needed to resort to hoofing it all the time. Might’ve kept the fans on side longer and we wouldn’t have gone down the route we went down. Who knows. 

Really good shout buddy 😀

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Drew Busby was just before my time but I always get the impression from guys on here that he deserved to have better players around him. 

Busby was the dugs bollocks, would've been good to have him against the old squirm or hubz.

scott herbertson

Donald Ford in the current team  - an intelligent centre forward with an eye for goal and one who could bring the midfield into play more

Carl Fredrickson

Might be a controversial choice but Derek Ferguson in almost any of our teams over the last 15 years when we have been crying out for a creative midfielder. 

If we had a prime Paul Hartley in 18/19, I don’t think we’d have folded the way we did that season. Thr wheels came off when lost Harings grit in midfield and Naismiths goal threat, Hartley gave us both in the same package...and we never would’ve been subjected to watching Danny Amankwaa in a cup semi final

47 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Might be a controversial choice but Derek Ferguson in almost any of our teams over the last 15 years when we have been crying out for a creative midfielder. 

Agreed.

Leveins Battalion

One player I would of loved to of seen in a settled Hearts era (if there ever has been one) was Larry Kingston, the wee man on his day was tremendous,I remember him taking the absolute piss out of Brown at Parkhead.

Skippy Doodle
3 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I like that shout 👍

Eamonn Bannon in the 85/86 team. He then wouldn’t have scored in a game Dundee United deserved nothing from at Tynecastle and the league would have been ours.

A Colin Cameron type in a Daniel Stendal team. 

2 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Bruno Aguilar in today's team.

The boy oozed class and creativity 

that's a fantastic shout, totally carried the Csaba team in an attacking sense. 

I'm gonna say Velicka in the 2012 team, admire the work that Elliot and Stevenson and such put in at centre forward but I feel like a top quality striker was the missing piece in that puzzle

Another shout for Derek Ferguson.  Probably in most teams...

But I'd got for 97-98. I still reckon we'd have won the league with a wee bit more depth... or if Mickey Cameron hadn't got injured towards the end of the season.

Last season we could've done with him too. And Kenny Black or John Millar, while we're at it.

10 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Nice shout. What do you think he would have given that team that we were missing?

Movement up front, which we badly missed when Bednar got injured. 

10 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Yeah I always thought johnsen suffered under Cathro. I do think tzioulos would have been a lazy charlatan regardless of who was in charge

As would Larea Kingston, in my opinion.   <_<

4 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Mikoliunas & Novikovas in the 2012 team, advijaj in the current squad. Lafferty and djoum in last season's team 

You reckon he did have something then?

Miko and Cesnauskis in virtually any other side. Miko especially probably suffered more than anyone as a result of the Burley sacking/Vlad interference/media shit show. 
Christ, over a decade after leaving Hearts hes still captaining the Lithuanian league winners and the vice captain of his country.

fabienleclerq

Skacel or Hartley in 98 team, maybe would've got us over the line. 

I'll just add Kingston was an absolute mercenary, boy wasn't interested in playing for Hearts.