Edinburgh council, why?

John Findlay

Leirh Walk is closed to traffic Northbound. As a result traffic going Northbound is officially diverted via Easter Road. When you turn into Easter Road you are met with roadworks and temporary traffic lights at Rossie Place, Edina Place and Edina street. This just clogs up traffic even more.

Why oh why permit roadworks in Easter Road when Leirh walk going North is out of action to traffic?

Why Edinburgh council, why?

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Leirh Walk is closed to traffic Northbound. As a result traffic going Northbound is officially diverted via Easter Road. When you turn into Easter Road you are met with roadworks and temporary traffic lights at Rossie Place, Edina Place and Edina street. This just clogs up traffic even more.

Why oh why permit roadworks in Easter Road when Leirh walk going North is out of action to traffic?

It has taken you this long to realise they go out of their way to inconvenience and slow down traffic, causing more air pollution?

Just now, frankblack said:

It has taken you this long to realise they go out of their way to inconvenience and slow down traffic, causing more air pollution?

No. Just not been this way for a good while. I may have to chap on Lesley Hind's door again to have another word with her.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No. Just not been this way for a good while. I may have to chap on Lesley Hind's door again to have another word with her.

She'll only palm you off on Lesley McInnes and Adam McVey and they will only engage you in conversation if you want a cycling route added to a main road somewhere near wide open spaces or existing cycling routes

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

There are roadworks and temporary traffic lights all over the city just now.

Seems to be plenty of work in digging up the roads and building stupid cycle lanes (see Ferry Road near Morrisons for an example) while everything else is shut down.

Malinga the Swinga

The solution to this issue is in our own hands. Simply vote the incompetent ****s out of office. Register with them why you will be voting against them and if sufficient people do the same, they will either change policy or be removed from office. 

The current incumbents are amongst the worst lot to ever hold office in Edinburgh and act as though they are untouchable. Vote them out. 

Local elections should be decided on local issues. Too many vote SNP, or whoever, simply because of party politics. 

Transport in Edinburgh is dreadful. Vote them out. 

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

44 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

EH6 and EH7 are a shambles right now.  Temporary lights and road works all over the place on top of the major project on Leith Walk.  You would think resurfacing roads, bike lanes etc could wait until the new tram line is up and running but no.  Traffic has been getting diverted (Lindsay Road) at the ASDA near the shore for almost a year now and I dont know why.  I haven't seen anyone working there for months. 

The end of London road at the cross roads is a complete disaster ATM. Four way traffic management and if you get stuck behind several buses or HGVs you’ll be in the cue for a good half hour 45 mins. 

Also the temporary traffic lights at Sainsbury’s near Murrayfield. Catch that at the wrong time of day and your ****ed. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Make sure to wear your balaclava John👍🏻

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The solution to this issue is in our own hands. Simply vote the incompetent ****s out of office. Register with them why you will be voting against them and if sufficient people do the same, they will either change policy or be removed from office. 

The current incumbents are amongst the worst lot to ever hold office in Edinburgh and act as though they are untouchable. Vote them out. 

Local elections should be decided on local issues. Too many vote SNP, or whoever, simply because of party politics. 

Transport in Edinburgh is dreadful. Vote them out. 

This.

The roadworks are a disgrace.

The roads are a disgrace.

There just seems no end to it.

A couple of weeks ago I tried to go to Tesco in Corstorphine by car for my weekly shop.  Car park was absolutely rammed beyond belief - cars couldn't get in or out because of roadworks outside PC World.

I should have gone straight back out using the mini roundabout but thought I'd get parked and get my shop done and it would have cleared byt the time I got out.  I couldn't get parked because every aisle of the car park was gridlocked so got stuck trying to get back out for an hour.

Complete shambles and must have cost that shop a fortune in loss of takings for those days.

They should make the city centre a car free zone, But they really need to sort out the rest of the city first. When I was on the buses every day you were late because of congestion and road works. Dunno why they can't do these road works in smaller sections at night time and re open the road for the morning rush like they do on the motorway. 

Inside HM Treasury there is a frank discussion about the way they calculate the value of cycle lanes. It comes down to the life time value formula, meaning it exaggerate the value they bring vis-a-vis other public sector projects. Serious. Think of it this way: "With regards to how I allocate that extra dollar, I could put man on Mars but..... there's a far better return building a cycle lane along the meadows" - so there is math behind the madness. If you want to get promoted in the public sector, build cycle lanes. Simples. 

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

They should make the city centre a car free zone, But they really need to sort out the rest of the city first. When I was on the buses every day you were late because of congestion and road works. Dunno why they can't do these road works in smaller sections at night time and re open the road for the morning rush like they do on the motorway. 

Tradesmen need access so you can’t have the city centre pedestrianised 

45 minutes ago, mutley said:

Tradesmen need access so you can’t have the city centre pedestrianised 

That's why I said car free, So buses taxis, deliveries etc can still get in. Pretty much what princess street is but on a wider scale.

6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

That's why I said car free, So buses taxis, deliveries etc can still get in. Pretty much what princess street is but on a wider scale.

Never seen a delivery van or tradesman parked on princess street. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Arabella Weir, 62.

Always fancied her when she was in The Fast Show, still a looker now and has a great pair!

15f43arabella-377859.jpg

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Arabella Weir, 62.

Always fancied her when she was in The Fast Show, still a looker now and has a great pair!

15f43arabella-377859.jpg

So you’re suggesting speed humps? 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

So you’re suggesting speed 

Ah ****.......wrong thread innit!!!

7DuYhC.gif

Edited by Dawnrazor

26 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

They are only allowed between 11pm-6am to do deliveries on Princes Street.

It ****** me right off that Sustrans, Spokes and Spaces for People have so much influence in the council corridors. 
They use spurious data based on the early days of lockdown when everyone was out walking and on bikes...and very few were working. Some of the data since then has been dubious to say the least. 

Their default action is to fight motorists when there should be a process towards reducing car use but also acknowledging that vehicles are here to stay and are necessary. But nah, let’s just randomly close important roads. 

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Yeah if you go along really early morning before 7 or later on at night you'll see them. I dunno if it's just set days but it used to piss me off when the lorries were unloading and blocking the bus lanes.